Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worried


/I drove a stake through
the vampire's heart
just like the one you drove
through mine..
the one that tore it all apart../

/I shot and killed the werewolf
with a silver bullet from
my gun..
just as it killed me to see
us get so close and then see
you turn around and run../

I'm not worried
about vampires and werewolves
and such
but I get worried when it
comes to trusting you./

/I faced down Frankenstein's monster
I stood with him toe to toe...
I handled him a lot better
than I did the news that you were
going to up and go../

I poured the water on the wicked witch's
head...
she evaporated just as quickly as you
slipped into another guy's bed.../

/I'm not worried about
Monsters and witches and such..
but I get a little worried
when it comes to trusting you.../

/I'm not worried about vampires
and werewolves and the like...
but I get a little worried
when it comes to being in love
with someone like you.../

/I've slayed dragons
without the slightest worry
or care...
but I get worried when it
comes to loving you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really went out in left feild with this one...Your mind's
workings intrigue me.

Anonymous said...

Interesting!Hmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Me likey.