Monday, September 8, 2008

Twilight

/ I hope the next guy that loves you...
Thinks of you the way I do...
I hope he feels the things that I feel..
when I'm near you.../

/ And if he loves you..
I hope he does all the things that I would...
I hope he cherishes you like I do...
if only I could.../

/ But I can't have you...
it seems like a universal conspiracy...
like even the stars and fate are lined
up against me...
so I can only write about this..
and seal it in a letter with a kiss-/

/ But in the Twilight....
angels will say our names...
Somewhere in the Twilight...
Angels will sing of us....
This , we can trust../

/If he loves you...
If he loves you the way I do..
He'll never lie to you..
He'll never tell you anything that is untrue.../

/If he loves you...
he'll never break your heart...
never tear it all apart...
like so many others have done...
If he loves you as I do...
He'll stay for the bad times as well as the good..
his commitment will be understood...
He won't turn and run../


/ I can't have you....
all I can do is sit on the sidelines and watch
you walk away..
but I want the best for you and come what may
this is all that I have left to say-/

/ In the Twilight-
Angels will say our names...
In the Twilight-
Angels will sing of us....
in this ,we can trust../

/If I can't have you in this
life..
then I'll have you in the next...
Despite all of the strife,
I'll think of you in this context-
Right now you can't be with me..
but maybe come Eternity....
I'd slay a thousand dragons
and over time still be your fool...
but I'd still be in love....
baby, I'd still be in love with you.../

("baby, you'd still be the one for me...")

/In the Twilight.....
Angels will say our names...
In the Twilight....
Angels will sing of us.../

6 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

i totally agree with some of the things that you said in this poem...

if he loves you he wont hurt you and stick around.

i believe that love is not complicated, and i am waiting for that man who will stick around doing the good and the bad. thats true love!!!

great poem Keith!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought this was very romantic sir...A little dramatic but romantic just the same.

Anonymous said...

Didn't make me as hot as that Lesbian story, but a nice poem just the same.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

IS this your rebuttal to Jasmine SUllivans I'm in love with Another Man. *lol*

As always good stuff!

-OG

♥ CG ♥ said...

That touched my heart, Keith.

Blu Jewel said...

it's nice to see emotions reflected in such a way.

love!