Monday, February 16, 2009

The Big Dawg!


A few days later ,I was in my office on the computer finishing up my two blog posts and looking at some photos Sean had brought by that were going to be scanned into an article I recently wrote for the magazine when my intercom buzzed.

"What up?" I said.

"Kevin, Mr. Rollie Rollerson is here to see you." came the voice of the receptionist.

"Rollie Rollerson?? The Rollie Rollerson??" I asked.

"That would be he." said the voice.

"Okay...send him in.." I said.

"Oh wow...the big dawg is here to see you personally" laughed Sean.

"Yeah..how about that?" I laughed as Sean walked down the hall.

Rollie Rollerson wasn't a big man in stature. He stood about five foot, nine...weighed little more than say 160-170 pounds.. But the way he carried himself made him look larger than life. He was
well coifed...Fingernails neatly manicured....Wedding band on one hand.. Pinky ring on the other,
Platinum bracelet on both arms...Huge Diamond stud in his left ear.. Dark as Cocoa with a shiny
bald head and a small goateed chin.. He was the big dawg alright. I looked at him and I thought about his now missing wife, Olivia...She had supermodel good looks....The only way a guy like him could have gotten the time of day from a girl like her was by having a big wallet and by being- The Big Dawg!!!

He walked in my office as though he owned it.. I stuck my hand out to shake and he looked at me as if I was dirt and then sat down. He didn't smile and he didn't make any pretension of civility.
He got right to it.

"Kevin...You and that washed up football player friend of yours have been making inquiries into
the recent suicide of yet another washed up football player and I need all of this to cease and desist. Besides....I occassionally read your blogs and your articles in Hype Magazine...a magazine I happen to be on the board of directors of...might I add...and you write very good stuff, stuff a lot more interesting than some old washed up jock's suicide." he said.

"Mr. Rollerson...I mean you no disrespect sir, but why do you care about what I choose to write
about?" I asked..Then his tone got nasty...

"Look nigger, I'm not asking you...I'm telling you..Lay off of this story...you hear?? I better not see a word of this written in your blog or in that magazine ,of which I AM ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS or did I mention that? or-"

"Or you'll what? You can't fire me....you're just on the board of directors...you don't tell anyone
here at this magazine what to write and my blogs have nothing to do with this magazine...I'll write whatever I please..Now do me a favor ,get the hell out of my office...oh and give Olivia my
regards when you see her."

"Nigger, you gon be sorry you crossed me....now I'm telling you ...Leave it alone...it's got nothing to do with you." he bellowed....

I grabbed him in his collar and lifted the little man up off of the floor-

"You know...calling me that name doesn't make you any less of one....it's about time we as Black people evolved..you feel me?" I said.

"Ohhhh, you gonna evolve alright...you'll see..." he said as he pulled away and stormed out of my
office. Everybody saw him storm out and I'm sure they heard him yelling and screaming...I worried about my job....but at the same time..I knew that he was afraid...Afraid of something...and a scared man usually had something to hide..

A few hours later....I was in the parking lot walking towards my car, when I noticed a tall, well
muscled thug like individual standing between me and my car. When I tried to walk around him
he blocked my path. I knew what this was... Before I could do anything ,he slugged me in my stomach...all of the wind went out of me and I felt a pain like I'd never felt before...Then he slugged me in my jaw...I fell up against the car and another man, armed with a baseball bat swung at my head...I ducked just in time...The bat missed my head.....I kicked him hard in the groin.. and he let out a moan and dropped the bat...I spun around and hit the first guy in his jaw, then grabbed him around the collar and slammed his head three hard times into the trunk of my
car, knocking him unconscious....The guy with the baseball bat was headed at me again when he
got punched in the jaw and hit from behind with a peice of plywood..He went down for the count.

Clerow and Cock Robbins had come to my rescue and not a minute too soon!!!

"Sean, called me, told me that you and Rollerson had had it out...I figure he might make some trouble for you...so I called Clerow and got over here as soon as possible." said Cock.

"Thanks guys....Clerow...you got any rope in the trunk of your car.?" I asked...

Clerow smiled- "Whut you up to boy?" I winked.

Sometime that night, I made an anonymous phone call to Rollie Rollerson and in a whisper I told
him...that he should come outside his house... The little man walked outside on his lawn and saw
his two would be muscle guys, bound and gagged and a little note tied next to them that read-

"Come again....I don't get down like that!"

I can imagine him throwing a hissy fit in his front yard, as Clerow ,Cock and I drove off.

The next day, I was called into the Senior Editor's Office and informed that they would no longer
need my services at the Magazine....I wasn't given an explanation..just my severence and told that I had to turn in my keys and that someone would be coming by my house to get my modem
in a few days.

It was Rollerson.....If I hadn't cared about who killed Walt Branson or Olivia's disapearence..I cared now...and I was going to make so much noise...Rollerson and all of Philadelphia was going to hear about it!!

(To Be Continued.........)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww shit...I'm mad now, they done took Kevin's job over this mess..
Say it aint so Keith!

Anonymous said...

Kevin has lost his job behind this?
Rollerson has got to be the killer.

Anonymous said...

Awwww nah, Not Kevin's job? Over somethin he didn't half care about in the first place? Rollerson shouldn't have done that.

Anonymous said...

You know I thought Rollerson might have something to do with this.

Anonymous said...

Man, this is cold blooded...I can't wait to see what happens next.

Anonymous said...

The plot thickens....

Anonymous said...

The jealous husband being the number one suspect is too obvious..
knowing you Keith, there is more to it than this..Am I right?

Anonymous said...

Poor Kevin...now he's really going to make some noise..Sometimes people (in this case "Big Dawg"Rollerson) should leave well enough alone.

Anonymous said...

I love the way this story is developing..I'm going to save my suspicions and theory for later.

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff...And where is Olivia? Is she dead??

Anonymous said...

Awwww man, Kev done lost his job behind this ish....That aint right..I can't wait to see what he does next.

Anonymous said...

This is building up to be one of your best mysteries yet Keith.

Anonymous said...

Shock upon Shock...You've just upped the stakes a couple of decibels Keith...This story started off slow, but it sure is heating up now.

Anonymous said...

Kevin should go home and have sympathy sex with Sepia in the next episode.