Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Low End Theory


Conrad and I drove up to the address I had in my pocket. I had gotten this address from the now missing Olivia Rockland...It was in East Oak Lane and just a few blocks from where Brett Jano had been murdered some months before. Sepia, Clerow and Cock Robbins were already there when I got there. This was the very house in which Walter Branson had supposedly shot himself to death. I was going to re-create the scene and decide for myself what could have possibly of happened.

The police tape was gone and the blood had been cleaned up and the bloody bed sheet removed.. All that remained in the little room was a mattress with two pillows that had no pillow covers on them. It was all very eerie. I couldn't locate any of the people who had been in the house on the night of the death..but from what Olivia told me had happened..I had enough people to recreate the death scene.

Olivia told me that Walter , herself and two guests had all been downstairs drinking ,smoking, talking and listening to the radio that night...Walter had decided to go upstairs to his room...a room in a house that he thought was his that he was about to lose. He was obviously upset she said and he had refused once again to be her man and give up Linda.

Olivia told us that while sitting downstairs, a single shot was heard! Everyone rushed upstairs and found Walter slumped over the bed, with a head wound...and a pistol in his left hand...bullet wound in his right temple, Rum spilled all over the floor and the window wide open.....

A window wide open in February...with below freezing temperatures??? Very strange...and Walter in his boxer shorts and t-shirt, like it was a night in June or something?? Even more bizzarre.

I had Sepia , Clerow and Conrad sit downstairs on the living room couch and I had the radio turned up....Then upstairs I had Cock Robbins sit on the bed...with a bottle of rum and a glass in his hands. I gave him an old Plastic squirt gun and told him to aim it at his right temple..

"Man this is kind of difficult with the bottle of rum and the glass in my hand and kind of uncomfortable too." said Cock.

"I know....and the powder residue from the bullet that should have been on the head wasn't there...It's as if he was shot from a distance." I reasoned..

"Yeah man....you right. Look, that Lt. Sissy Van what's her name- I don't know what her game is...but maybe you can run this by someone else there in the police department and they could look into this.." said Cock Robbins.

"You know Cock...you got a point man." I said.

"There won't be any need for that." came a voice. A familiar voice.

I saw Conrad, Sepia and Clerow walk in first with their hands in the air....then I
saw her, holding a large pistol on them and motioning for all of us to move to the side........it was Olivia Rockland.....only ,she had a strange far away look in her eyes...

"So it was you afterall Olivia , huh?" I smirked....

"Olivia?? That bitch is gone...my name is Rachel and yeah I killed that son of a bitch...Olivia was too weak to kill him...she just sat back and played the victim, but I wasn't going for it...I did what she couldn't do." said Olivia.

She looked like Olivia and she was wearing the same clothing Olivia had on two days ago when I last saw her...yet her personality was so different...Olivia had never told me about having a twin sister.

"So what, you're going to kill all of us?" I asked.

"Oh yeah..and then burn this house down with your bodies in it. By the time
they figure it out...Olivia and I will be longgg gone.." she laughed maniacally."

Seemed like I just had a knack for getting myself in these types of situations.

(Conclusion Next.....)

16 comments:

Solomon said...

Can't wait for the conclusion Keith!

Anonymous said...

Okay,now I'm scared!

Anonymous said...

WTH!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I didn't have to wait until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Another good story Keith..and now for the wrap up..I can already feel that this one is wild.

Anonymous said...

This is potentially off the hook,can't wait to see how this one wraps up!

Anonymous said...

Well, At least we know where Olivia is....or is this really a twin sister?

Anonymous said...

Twin sister Keith? Or is Olivia crazy?

Anonymous said...

Okay...I'm sure you'll explain this
in the conclusion.

Anonymous said...

Wicked...Wickedly good Keith!

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned...I don't know what to think!

Anonymous said...

Olivia has a split personality,right?

Anonymous said...

This is wild man..simply wild!!!

Anonymous said...

What the hell is going on Keith?
Olivia?? Twin Sister, Rachel???
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and wait for the conclusion.

Anonymous said...

I loved the title...kinda like the twist this story has taken.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got another story comin soon.