Sunday, February 22, 2009

You Got Your Troubles And I Got Mine!


I did call Cherry like I said I would and invite her to my place for dinner and perhaps a game of chess. I went to the State Store and picked up two bottles of a nice white wine...Then I went to the market and bought greens for a salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green,red and yellow peppers and carrots for the salad I was planning to make. I picked up two potatoes for baking and then got two fine cuts of Sirloin Steak. For desert, I picked up materials to fix an apple pie and some Vanilla Ice Cream. I was in the checkout line when I saw them...It was Rell and a big six foot ,seven guy...dark skinned with bad taste in clothing...His Shirt was entirely too tight, as if he wanted everyone to know that he worked out and his jeans were from another era...the 80's.

"Well Hello Chess...fancy meeting you here." said Rell nervously...

"Everybody's gotta eat." I said dryly...

" From the looks of it...you're eating for two." she said. No she didn't take it there like that! I thought to myself.

"You're not eating alone either." I said.

"Oh , Chess, this is my instructor, Sam...Samuel Rasulala.....He was my teacher, when I was taking a course at community college.

And from the looks of things, he was prepared to teach her about the birds and the bees I mused as I sized him up. Dude looked corny, but whatever..she was moving on and I was moving on too so I shook his hand ,managed a smile and was prepared to leave it at that.

"How's Little man doing?" I asked.

"Oh he's ...he's great..he's with mom-mom for the weekend." she said.

"Yeah, I figured....I'll come by and pick him up next Friday." I said.

"Oh ,okay...and Chess, could you pick him up early...Sam and I are going to see Jazmine Sullivan and Maxwell at the Keswick." said Rell...

"Oh...really? Well that's nice...How's four o'clock?"I asked.

"Well you don't have to come that early, but that's fine if that's alright with you Chess." she said.

"Sure....uh, ruh sure...Well, I gotta go...gotta date.....It was nice seeing you again Rell." I said and before she could say anything, I paid my bill and pushed my cart out into the parking lot and started loading up my car...I couldn't bare to look at the two of them. I felt so bad.....I wasn't going to let her spoil my afternoon.

I walked to my apartment, cooked my meal and awaited Cherry's arrival.

"This was a delicious meal Chess....You seem to be very deep...I never met a man that could cook before." she said.

"No? Every guy I know can do a little something somethin in the kitchen." I said.

"Your place is beautiful.....and you say you own this building?" she asked.

"Yeah...I bought this and a couple of others from someone who could keep them up anymore...
they have have been good to me financially." I said.

"Wow! I see you went to Temple University.....You seem to have accomplished a lot for a recent
graduate." she mused..

"It's a long story..maybe I'll tell you about it one day...you said that you play chess..wanna play?"
I asked.

"Yes...I see you collect chess sets...you're really into this..." she said.

"Thus my nickname...get it?" I laughed... She winked at me...then she laughed...Something about the way she curled her lips when she laughed was mad turning me on...but I didn't want her to see how turned on I was just yet.

Turned out, she was good at playing chess..we played and we drank wine and we talked.....

"So Ms. Cherry Johnson...What is your story?" I asked.

"It's not much of a story...I'm from the Bay Area...Oakland....I was in a bad relationship with a bad man who was holding me back...I had a good friend, who kind of liked me....I guess he liked me more than I liked him...He tried to warn me about my man....I guess I thought he was just hatin ,cause he couldn't have me....but he was right...I should have listened...I let this fool move in with me and he wasn't workin, all he was doing was gettin high...I was working, paying for everything...I fell behind in my bills and I lost my house.....He left me for another woman...but not before he wrecked my car.. I stayed with some friends for awhile and then I got my money together and moved east."She said.

"Wow....that's some story....You moved as far away from him as possible huh?" I said.

"Yeah...How bout you? You got somebody in your past?" she asked.

"Yeah...I got a son and my son has a mother.....We almost got married, but then....well, you know how it goes...things just fell apart.." I said.

"I can see in your eyes that she still has a hold on you...you still love her..I can tell by the way you look when you talk about her" she said.

We were both silent for awhile sitting there...Then I poured her a glass of wine and poured myself another glass too.


(To be continued..)

16 comments:

Solomon said...

I bet they get a little somethin' goin', you just gotta keep us in suspense don't you keith.

Anonymous said...

Its something about Cherry....is her "past" going to get Chess into some mess??
I'll be patient...lol

Anonymous said...

Keith, this sounds very very good..like you're telling a different kind of story.

Anonymous said...

Is this the buildup for an awesome sex scene?

Anonymous said...

lololol@Anonymous..

Interesting story so far Keith.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the way I romance my women. Real smooth like that Keith..You're old school, you know
how the game is played.

Anonymous said...

This Cherry seems mysterious...it's
not so much what she says, but what she leaves for your imagination that intrigues me.

Anonymous said...

These two...Chess and Cherry seem to both be at a crossroads in their lives right now..they might be just what each other needs right now.

Anonymous said...

A nice moody little tale.Loved it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with A.J. Brown...I think Cherry's past is going to come back to haunt her and Chess.

Anonymous said...

I love the way this is developing Keith. I must admit...I thought there was going to be a big sex scene too, but I'm actually glad that there wasn't...Not just yet anyway.

Anonymous said...

Good Story as usual and the title was awesome..lol.

Anonymous said...

Keith this is good..I mean really,really good..I almost don't want this storyline to end.

Anonymous said...

Something about Cherry that just seems a bit off kilter..I don't know, I could be wrong..but I think Chris gave him good advice in the diner. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Good Story Keith...I'm engaged with all of these charactors. I loved the "Kevin" Story you just finished too.

Anonymous said...

Hail to the Maverick of All Bloggers, giving us another great post...I'm really digging this story.