Friday, February 6, 2009

Flipped


Just when I imagined, we'd hit our stride...
You flipped the script on me..
you blew my mind.../

I guess talk on the street has got to be true
you flipped the script on me..
you've gone and found someone new.../

Well I need to know
if I should stay or go...
but don't even try to play me or waste my time
by even suggesting that you could continue
to be a friend of mine../

Girl ,I really thought everything was going just fine...
You flipped the script on me...
you blew my mind.../

And if you knew all along that you were going to go
why couldn't I hear it from you?
why did I have to be the last to know?

I think I know what I need to know
that it's time to let you go..
and while you continue to play your game
I just want you to know that I'm not goin out that way.../

There is one thing I know to be true...
that one day someone will flip the script on you...
Then you'll see what it's like to be the talk of the town...
when you find out that what goes around, comes around.../

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting!

Anonymous said...

And yeahhh,I'm first!

Anonymous said...

Nice read!

Anonymous said...

These lyrics could make a great song Keith!

Anonymous said...

Love the poem, Love the title...and really really love the artwork.

Anonymous said...

This is why "Escapades" is my favorite blog, bar none..The stories are hot and the poetry is always as if you're in my head.

Anonymous said...

Good Poem Keith!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, you are certainly the most prolific of bloggers...I read a lot of blogs and I don't know anybody that keeps up two blogs on a daily basis like you do.
Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I liked the poem Keith!

Anonymous said...

Another good one Keith, this reminds me of something I was going through with a young lady once.

Anonymous said...

Keith man, this was the story of me and my ex...I swear...Did somebody tell you?-lolol.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere in life, we have all been down this road brother...I just like the way you put it in words.

Anonymous said...

I liked the poem...The picture of the lady in the yellow hat was nice too!

Anonymous said...

I've even been down this road before, just not in the traditional way you and most of your readers have. Nice poem Keith,Nice Laurie Cooper artwork too!