Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Turning the Heat Up


I had lost my job....and my life had been threatened....I did a number of things..I called my Lawyer ,Conrad first of all and laid the entire story out to him...He told me that I had to have proof that Rollerson had threatened me. I played him a tape recording of Rollerson's visit and several people at the office gave statements to Conrad supporting the events of the previous day. Conrad took this to the board of directors and not wanting to be subject to a law suit that win or lose could make them look bad voted to re-instate me back at the magazine immediately.

The Second thing we did was take the incriminating tape to the Police. Lt. Sissy Van Buren immediately came running over and tried to smooth things over.

"Look Mr. Morris...I'm sorry this had to happen and we plan to prosecute the two
thugs who accosted you to the fullest extent..but you really have no proof that Mr.
Rollerson had anything to do with your attack..and tying them up and throwing them
on his lawn probably angered him and-"

"Hold up...How do you know they were tied up and thrown on his lawn..that wasn't
in the papers?" I asked. I knew that Rollerson wasn't about to report that to the police..he would have had to answer too many questions..

"Look Mr. Morris..that's...that's ..that's besides the point...If you would just agree not to harass
Mr. Rollerson-" she said.

"I never had a conversation with him until he came to my office threatening my job and then trying to have me beaten up,possibly killed by those two thugs." I said.

The Police Captain said to me- "Mr. Morris, do you wish to press charges?"

"I most certainly do." I said

"Okay guys..Pick him up" said the Captain...

"Now wait a minute" said Sissy Van Buren.

"Lt.Van Buren...this is not a homicide and not under your jurisdiction.....My order stands...boys..
pick him up."said the Captain. Sissy Van Buren looked at me as though she wanted to kill me...
I laughed my head off and left.

My cell phone went off at just that moment...It was Sepia.

"Kevin...what are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm at the police station, why?" I said.

"Clerow and I are at that address you gave us...You and Conrad need to meet us there."
she said.

'Okay babe..I'll be there in a few." I said.

I wanted to be at Central Booking when they brought the little man in. Conrad and I stood outside as they dragged Rollie Rollerson out of the car kicking and screaming... He looked at me with contempt....(I forgot to note that he was asked to vacate his seat on the Board of Directors until after this affair was settled.)

"Nigger,you couldn't leave well enough alone could you? You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into, do you?" he snarled.

"I think I've helped take a cold blooded killer off the street, that's what I think?" I said.

"Ah didn't kill him....why would I care about him??? I was doin my thing...she was doin hers...
as long as he was around...nobody was lookin at me...Ahh didn't kill him ,you fool." he snarled.

For some reason...some strange reason...I believed him.

"Oh he's full of it Kevin, He killed him....and we'll prove it." said Conrad.

"Conrad...I don't think he did...but let's meet Sepia and Clerow at the address...Call Cock too!"
I said.

"Okay Kevin." said Conrad.

(To be continued......)

17 comments:

Solomon said...

This is getting exciting Keith!

I love your stories bro!

Anonymous said...

Where is Olivia? That's my question.

Anonymous said...

This is getting good Keith.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the killer is Rollerson either..but I do think he knows more than he's telling!

Anonymous said...

You are mad crazy with these stories Keith..Still loving it.

Anonymous said...

You've got me hooked...but I admit,I don't have a clue as to what is to happen next.

Anonymous said...

Is Olivia dead or what? She has vanished and nobody seems to care!
She could be the second victim of the killer.

Anonymous said...

Love this story....Just finished reading your other blog...You keep
us entertained bruh..don't ever stop!

Anonymous said...

There is a red herring somewhere here...I'm just not sure my suspicion is correct.

Anonymous said...

Deep...Could Kevin be wrong about Rollerson...and Lt. Van Buren..Why is she so interested in this particular case??? Could she be the killer? Is she sleeping with Rollerson??

Keith said...

You'll get the answers to all of these questions in time..There are only two more parts left...Tomorrow
"The Low End Theory" and then the
conclusion.

Anonymous said...

I'm stumped man...but I'm hooked too..can't wait until the next part.

Anonymous said...

Okay...What's going on?? We have been thrown for a loop here..I don't think Rollerson is the killer, but I think he knows more than he's telling...I think he's afraid of someone..and where is his wife?? Dead??

Anonymous said...

Man, this is gettin good...I'm not even gonna try to figure it out..I'm just waiting for the next part.

Anonymous said...

This is really good Keith...I haven't got a clue...I'm just gonna be ready to read the next part.

Anonymous said...

Great story...Please have Kevin and Sepia have make up sex by the end of this series.

Anonymous said...

Okay when you are waiting for more of the story how do you comment? I guess I could just not comment and read huh...LOL Okay I'm off to more blog reading.. this one has become one of my favorites too!

Go.