Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Hard Feelings


"Which one of us are you plannin on shooting first Olivia?" I asked..

"Olivia? I told you that Olivia is gone...I'm Rachel" she said as she waived the gun.

" No...You're Olivia...you were wearing those same clothes the last time I saw you." I said.

"I'm not her...she's weak...she's never coming back...." she screamed..

"But you're strong right? You're strong and you didn't like the way Olivia was throwing money around on that creep Walter right?? Buying him a car, helping him make a downpayment on this
house , only to see him break up with her and get married to someone else after all she'd done
for him..right?? You weren't going to let that happen were you?" I said.

"You goddamned right I wasn't....I shot his ass..." she snarled...

"Who called him here...Olivia or you?" I asked..

" I called him here...I offered him sex..." she purred...

"There was no dinner party was there...He was in his boxer shorts because you two had just had
sex didn't you? He thought he was having sex with Olivia..but it was really you wasn't it Rachel?" I asked.

"That's right?" she said.

"You become Rachel, when you can't take it..don't you?? Your husband found out about you,one of the times he was cheating on you didn't he?? He knew that you needed help...He didn't want it
to get out that his wife had a split personality did he??" I asked...

"I don't have a split personality...I am Rachel.." she said.

"You're Olivia....come on back...come back..."

"Olivia's gone ...she's gone I tell you." she snapped... Cock Robbins, Conrad, Sepia and Clerow were stunned, when they realized just what I was doing and just what was happening...then I heard a voice ...a female voice behind us...

"That's right Olivia...come back...come back...put that gun down...you don't want to hurt anybody.." said Lt. Sissy Van Buren , who had her gun drawn and who had two Philadelphia Policemen with her. Standing behind them both was Rollie Rollerson, her husband...

"Oh my God.....Kevin, Cock...what are you doing here? What am I doing here?? and with a gun?? Oh my God..???"said a now contrite Olivia... Olivia was back...she handed the gun to Lt.
Van Buren. The two policemen hand cuffed her and slowly walked her to the police car.

"You knew all the time, didn't you Kevin?" said Sissy Van Buren.

"No, I did not...She wasn't even a suspect...I didn't know for sure until just now when she pulled
that gun on me." I said.

"Well I knew all along." said Sissy.

"And you covered it up?" I said, incredulous.

"Rollie and I are lovers..we have been for years...He told me that his wife was crazy, that she had
Disociative Identity Disorder...What you laymen call a split personality....Chances are Walter Branson never knew it, until it was too late." said Sissy.

"So what happens now?" I asked.

"She's going to go someplace where she can get some help...finnally...I uh, would consider it a big favor if you not write about this or say anything about this to anyone...I can't make you..but I'm
asking you for this favor....There has already been the needless loss of life...Is there any need for me to lose my job, for Mr. Rollerson to suffer anymore than he has already suffered?" she asked.

"Let me get this straight...You have an affair with a married man, you obstruct justice and cover up a murder, Rollerson tries to take my job and have me physically hurt and you want me to do
YOU a favor???" I said, incredulous....I laughed at how pitiful both Rollerson and Van Buren looked...then I gave them my answer.

"Okay....I won't write anything about this case in either of my blogs or in my magazine..and I will
guaruntee the silence of everyone with me.. Your secret is safe with me, I give you my word, I'll
even drop the charges against Rollerson and his two goons, but Lieutenant...One day I'm going to
come asking for a favor...and when I do....I expect to get it...is that understood?" I said.

"But of course Kevin....and that goes without saying." she said, smiling. For the first time ,Rollerson was even smiling. I looked at him like he was dirt and walked down the stairs of the house where Clerow, Cock Robbins ,Conrad and Sepia were standing.

"This case is over folks..Let's go to Josie's and get some drinks...and some cheese-steaks..it's on me." I said as we got into our two cars and pulled off. As our cars pulled off, I saw Sissy Van Buren standing in the street, staring at us.

The next morning, I woke up...Sepia was gone...It was odd, her not being in the bed. Then I heard her voice from outside...

"Whooooooweeeeeee....Kevin, come outside ...come here quick?" she squealed...

I walked outside and sitting in front of my house was a 2009 BMW with an aqua bow wrapped around it and a white envelope. I opened the envelope and inside were the car keys and the title, in my name....There was an unsigned note that read-

'Sorry ,we got off on the wrong foot Kevin
This is a token of my appreciation for your continued silence
No Hard Feelings'

Rollerson, I thought as I laughed...That damn Rollerson.......

Sepia was jumping up and down with glee...like a child.....

"Ouu Kevin, let me test drive it please...it's beautiful" she cooed...and she was beautiful and it was a sunny Saturday morning...how could I say no to such a pretty woman and such a beautiful
car. I tossed her the keys, got in the passenger side and simply said to her-

"Let's go babe."

-For Soloman

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

I loved this ending!

Anonymous said...

Wow Keith!

Anonymous said...

Incredible ending man!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

And the hero rides off in the sun with his girl..cool.

Anonymous said...

That's how a playa does it.

Anonymous said...

Looks Like Kevin has a "Get out of jail free" card.lol.Nice ending.

Anonymous said...

Me likes, Me likes!

Anonymous said...

This was worth waiting up for.
Great story.

Anonymous said...

I waited up for this to load..Great
ending to a cool story Keith.

Anonymous said...

Standing and Clapping Keith...Now I can go to bed.-lololol.

Anonymous said...

Excellent ending...No sex, but still an excellent ending.

Anonymous said...

Bravo Keith, I sat up and waited for this and it was worth it.

Solomon said...

What a wild ending Keith, keep up the great work!!!