Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chasing Rainbows


"I feel like I've been chasing you all my life..
come here baby, turn the lights down low
and check this out."

I've been chasing rainbows
lookin for the fabled pot of gold
anxious to have and to hold..
I've been chasing rainbows
looking beyond just a good time-
waiting for the chance to get down for mine!!/

"Tired of chasing you"

Fantasizing about girls like you
used to fill most of my days
when I was young and still learnin how to play
the game..
Trying to think of clever lines to say
and still plotting and scheming and trying to find different ways...
but if it's all the same...
by now I'd hope that you'd be seeing me in a different way./

"Tired of chasing you"

No more running on treadmills
I'm ready to end the chase and just get next to you..
Ready to kiss and caress you
and anything else you'd be willing to
let me do..
what are you afraid of?
Let me put your mind at ease...
I've been known to love women tenderly...
you gotta learn to trust in me.../


I've been chasing rainbows
searching for that fabled pot of gold..
anxious ,really anxious
to have and to hold...
I'm so tired of chasing rainbows...
You've got me acting like a fool girl...
I'm so tired of chasing you..
You're a grown woman, stop acting like
a silly school girl.../

17 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Keith,I love this....

Angie B. said...

Nice!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

You're a true playa for real! lol

James Perkins said...

Love the poem and love the photo too!

Simon Bastion said...

I love your poetry Keith!

Sean said...

Sure you're not a closet songwriter Keith-lolol

Cheryl said...

Cute poem!

Brenda said...

Keith,I like this..You are so creative.

Lisa said...

Like this poem, it reminds me of a
good R&B song..(Most of your poems do) That's a compliment.(smile)

Halo said...

Love that poem and that photo is beautiful

Vanessa said...

For once I find myself agreeing with Grover..You must have been a real charmer when you were single..spitting lyrics like that.
(smile)

Sunflower said...

Always a pleasure to read your poetry Keith..We really need to see more. I know folks love the stories and the charactors..but I love the lyricism.

Captain Jack said...

You're such a romantic Keith!

Tate2 said...

Can I borrow this and send it to Erin Mittchel? lolololol, just kidding!

Swaggie said...

Nice work. Two Short stories and a couple of poems...This must mean that you've got a big story coming..right?

Jazzy said...

Cool poem fam!

Blu Jewel said...

fantastical (yes, I intended to spell it that way)

love to live; live to love!