Monday, July 20, 2009

And If


Baby, you've got skin that's softer than a rose petal
and a smile that's warmer than the sun that made
the petal grow..
and after the first time we made love
I just had to let you know...
that, you were more than I ever expected..
and I think it's high time that you and I got
connected../

And If..
it feels like heaven to you
the way it feels to me...
then we are destined to be together.
You see
just you
just me
And if..
this feels like heaven
and my mind is telling me so..
Then it also feels like forever
and by now I hope you know.../

Girl, I remember when I used to watch
you walk down the street
back in the days before I really got to know you
There was never a question in my mind...
I wasn't going to waste another minute of my time..
I was sold on you..
I knew positively that this was a very special feeling
that you were giving me../

And if
this feels like heaven
the way it feels ,when you're with me...
then we are destined to be together for a long time,
you see...
Just you
Just me..
And if
it feels like heaven
I hope your heart is telling you so.
Then it also feels like forever
and by now ,you ought to know../

9 comments:

Toni said...

Keith This was beautiful!

Angie B. said...

I loved this Keith!

Sunflower said...

Keith this was so romantic!

Cheryl said...

This poem speaks to me ,right here!

Brenda said...

You're such a romantic!

Lisa said...

I could literally see this poem
unfolding as I read it..Loved it!

Halo said...

So beautiful,so lyrical..a thing of beauty Keith!

Vanessa said...

Loves it!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. I'm a sucker for poetry.