Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today


Today you told me
that you've already got a man
You said you were flattered,
but that you hoped that I would understand...
For the time, I could've approached you..
I'm now so frustrated that somebody else
noticed you too.!/

but another day
another time
maybe there is still a chance..
a chance that you could be mine..
don't blame me for dreaming baby..
because dreaming is
the only thing that keeps me from goin crazy../

Today
you told me
that I should have said something to you before
you said you used to wonder if I was ever going
to say something more.
I can't come in between you and your man..
but it never looks like he is around..
If you and he start drifting apart...
you know where to find me...
I'll still be down../

because another day
another time
he'll break your heart,then maybe you still
could be mine..
don't think bad of me for dreaming baby..
because dreaming is the only thing
that keeps me from going crazy../

Today..
I'm just lying across my bed..
with one leg crossing the other...
Today
You're the only thought in my head...
just can't imagine you being with another..
Today...
I'm still dreaming baby...
it's keeping my sanity...
keeping me from going crazy...
Today-/

1 comment:

Blu Jewel said...

Damn you Keith! Damn you I say! This poem is so damn good. It touched me waaaay deep. I've been where this poem speaks, but you know what? I'm a step closer to him finally being MINE; ALL MINE! Yea, I claimed it.

Love to live; live to love!