Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Love Lucy


Conrad Nelson, the Attorney and I sat outside the detention center and waited patiently as Ramon Davis was released on bail...We Watched as His Father and Mother greeted him with hugs and kisses and walked the 17 year old over to our car.

"I just want to thank you so much for getting my boy out of that horrible lock up Mr. Morris and Mr. Nelson." said his Mother.

"It was our pleasure, but just remember...you're still under indictment kid....we haven't cleared you of anything." said Conrad.

"But you must know that I'm innocent...Whoever killed Cross Rivers has now killed Renee....I couldn't have killed her..I was in jail." said Ramon.

"True, but they still think you killed Cross Rivers.. Look...let's go get some coffee and talk a bit.Mr. and Mrs. Davis.. We'll drop him home when we are finished talking to him." said Conrad.

We drove to a nearby Coffee shop and ordered Three tumblers of coffee and some warm, freshly cooked donuts. As we ate, I eyed the teenager. He was well built...but he was not what you would call a classically handsome boy...Just a normal ,average looking kid. Considering how well built and great looking Renee Jefferson was...I would say that this kid was in way over his head,as in out of his league.

Girls like Renee only went for guys like Ramon because of their ability and his ability to raise their status..Were he not playing football..She would not have given him the time of day..I could look at her and then look at a guy like Ramon and perfectly understand how a girl like her could make a guy like him go crazy with rage and kill. I could see it.

"Ramon...What exactly happened that day..that day that Cross Rivers died?" I asked.

"I was with Lucy..She had been telling me that Cross was making moves on Renee and that she would see Renee coming home in a car at all times of night...and that she knew that she had been with Cross..I saw him in the hallway about an hour before they found him...We had words about Renee...We almost came to blows but Lucy got in between us." he said.

"Lucy Dallas huh? I talked to her yesterday and she basically gave me the whole story...Renee was going to leave you for Cross wasn't she?" I said. This Lucy Dallas was a person of interest..Her name kept coming up.

"Well, I asked her if she was seeing him and she lied..Renee lied and said that he and her were just friends...that he wanted to get back with her but that she had flagged him...but Lucy kept saying that she was seeing Renee being dropped off in a car at all times of night. Here's the funny thing though Mr. Kevin....Cross told me that he needed to talk to me in private...that same day..about an hour before they found them..." said Ramon.

"He needed to talk to you in private?" asked Conrad.

"Yeah, he said to meet him in the gym...Only I never went...I had to turn in my Social studies test...by the time I got out of that class they had found him dead...strangled to death and beat up with a blunt object. He had texted me , telling me that he had something really important to tell me...but I guess I'll never know what it was." said Ramon.

"Hmmmm.....okay kid...Conrad here is going to take you home...I've got somewhere else to go." I said. "Stay close...don't get out of pocket." I added.

I drove over to the county morgue. When I got there ,I saw a familiar figure. The ever foxy Lt .Sissy Van Buren of Philadelphia Homicide. I still found it hard to believe that she had once been married to Robert Foxworth. A brilliant attorney and a nice guy..but the biggest dog you ever wanted to run into.


"Kevin Morris, how long has it been? I heard you were nosing around this case..asking questions and pissing off one High school principal.....So tell me..what's it to you?" she asked. I smiled at her assessment.

" I have a client that believes the Davis boy is innocent." I said.

"You're probably right...My detectives questioned everybody and his story of his whereabouts checked out.He was nowhere near the part of the school where we found the Rivers boy. We don't have much to hold him on and the D.A. may be dropping charges against him in days from now. We don't have a weapon or an eye witness...all we have is a motive." she said.

"Well that settles my business then..." I said.

"Yeah, it settles yours...but now the girl they were fighting over has turned up dead." said Sissy Van Buren.

"Yeah, that's a shame...she was pregnant and all." I said.

"Pregnant? She wasn't pregnant, who told you that?" said Sissy Van Buren.

"The kids at the school, well one in particular told me that she had told Ramon Davis that she was pregnant with Cross Damon's baby....This was the reason for the beef." I said.

"This girl has never been pregnant...The coroner confirmed that...but she did have sex shortly before she died..we found a lot of semen in her...." said Sissy Van Buren.

"Probably Cross River's semen huh?" I said.

"Gee Kevin, you're battin one thousand..I've never seen you so wrong...We did a DNA test...It wasn't Cross Rivers semen or Ramon Davis's semen..it belongs to someone else.." She said.

"Oh yeah? Who? " I asked.

"Probably whoever killed her." she said.

I scratched my head and then got in my car..I had to find Lucy Dallas... I drove to the school but the teacher reported to me that Lucy hadn't come to school that day...I drove over to her house
where I heard sounds coming from the back bedroom window....

"Ohh lord...ohhhh my lord..ohhhhhhhh this is soooooo goooood....ohhhhhh my...ohhhh my, give me more...ohhhhh goooood lordddd...sweeet lord...ohhhhhhh." came the sounds from the room...
They were the sounds of a man enthralled in passion or something.....Then I heard a female voice..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu.....hurry up...hurry up and commeeee...ohhhhhhhhhh ,don't let my mother catch you in here...ouuuuuu..ohhhhhhhh..." came a female voice...

"OOOOhhhhhhhhh, lorrrrrdddd...it's sooo good....girl, what are you doing to meeeeeeeee..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh..." came a male voice...

"Please hurry upppp..ouuuuuuuuuuu..." came the voice of a female.

Just then I turned around and to my surprise..I saw Lucy Dallas, across the street talking to another girl. If she was across the street...then who was in her house? It was not my problem.
I crossed the street and walked over to her.

"Lucy..Can we talk?" I said.

"Yeah, talk about what?" she asked.

"Renee Jefferson." I said.

"I told you everything about her yesterday ." she said.

"You told me she was pregnant...I was just at the M.E.'s office. She wasn't pregnant." I said.

"No??? that lyin whore.She told everybody she was pregnant and we assumed that it was Cross River's baby." she said.

"Why , why him?" I asked.

"Because she was doin it with him and he was having somebody drive her home in a car,late at night?" she said.

"What about Ramon? It could have been his baby." I said.

"I doubt that..she wasn't givin him a peek at the waistband of her panties...She was just stringing him along...He was just happy a girl like that would talk to him...He wasn't getting any..but Cross Rivers was probably getting it..She was crazy about him." said Lucy.

"You sure know a lot about this situation." I said.

"Ramon is like my brother...he used to cry to me all the time about how bad and dis-respectful Renee could be....but despite all of that..he loved her was crazy about her....It was a crazy triangle." said Lucy.

"Yes...a very crazy triangle."

Just then, I saw the man who had been making all of the noise come out of Lucy's house. He looked to be about fifty two... I looked at Lucy....She shrugged....

"My Sister, she a ho....what can I say?" she said. He probably just paid our electric bill." she said.

I shook my head.....

"Need any more information Mister Kevin?" she asked.

"I'll let you know." I said as I got in my car and headed home.


(To Be Continued.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My Sister, she a ho....what can I say?" she said. He probably just paid our electric bill." she said. classic line. that cracked me up. This is getting interesting.

SLC said...

Lucy in the sky......with jealosy.
Billy Dee. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and tossing my panties at you..another masterful tale!

Stayinspired said...

I like how we go all the way to Lucy's house, hear some hot and heavy action, you lead us to think it's Lucy up in there doing God only knows what...only for you to conclude: Who was in there? It wasn't important...none of my business! LOL! It's funny b/c although we clearly know it's not Lucy once she is spotted standing across the street, we done forgot all about asking her about the murder...and not we only wanna know who's handling their business in that back room. LOLOLOLOL! Eager to read what's next :-)