Sunday, November 8, 2009

Soft Notes


"Ohhhhhhhh goood loawdd Reeed...ohhhhhhhh..." screamed Debbie with pleasure.....I had her bent over her dining room table and was thrusting inside her with a passion...

"Ohhhhhhhhh....ohhhhhhhhhh Reeeeeed......no moreee...ouuuuuuuuu..."she wailed as I continued thrusting...

I held her around her waste as we both began to climax almost violently..... The weight of my body collapsed on hers as we both began to sweat heavily...

"Oh Reed....oh my god....that was...that was somethin mister..." said Debbie.

It had been a week since my encounter with Cherry...She had spent the night...but afterwords I had helped her pack and had driven her over to Chess and Chris's business office... ("C&C Brothers Inc.") and got her an apartment. She was not staying with me and we were not going to
be doing each other anymore...Our time had come and gone..As far as I was concerned, that was just one for the road.

I helped Debbie find her underwear and I slowly put my pants back on...We hadn't seen each other in two weeks and this was my way of making up...Guilt sex if you will....I was glad I had satisfied her.. No, I didn't tell her about Cherry..There was no need to...Not to my way of thinking.

That morning after we washed up...Debbie and I had a late brunch......I had my usual, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns...Coffee and Orange Juice....Debbie had a Spanish Omelet, Wheat Toast,Orange Juice and Coffee... We weren't at a fancy bistro...We were sitting on the roof of the condo Debbie was staying at....She was house sitting for a friend of hers..It was a nice place..I figured we should break it in.

"So Reed...What are we doing?" asked Debbie.

And there it was...That question even the most phenominal of women ask at some time or other.

"Are we just friends with benefits or are we an item?" asked Debbie.

"What do you want to do Deb..?" I asked.

"I don't want to be just a booty call...I mean , this has been good and I could se myself calling you
when I need a little maintenance..but I don't usually roll like that." she said.

"I understand.....You think you can be a musician's girl? I'm on the road a lot." I said.

"Long as you don't bring me anything back." she said.

'Well, another woman told me that and it turned out that she wasn't cut out for that." I said.

"I'm not Cherry." said Debbie.

"YOU KNOW ABOUT HER??" I asked.

"It's called survival...I asked around...I know what she did to you and what she did to Chess." said Debbie.

I smiled- "You're a smart woman.....If you'll have me....We can try somethin out." I said as I ate
my food.

"Try something out? Are we a couple or are we not?" she asked.

I smiled again...Smart woman...Sexy woman...I could do worse!


That night , we played a set at Josie's... I was playing a new number of mine called" soft notes"
The saxophone player and I traded off solos as "88" tickled the ivories with a beautiful counter
melody... Mabel Jenkins and Debbie sat together talking and to my surprise...Cherry sat at a table in the middle of the floor alone, sipping a drink..smiling...

I continued to play my solo gently....Gus stood at the bar ,tapping his fingers, smiling....It was a
good night.


(For SLC and Carlene)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stabding and applauding and tossing my panties out of the window...That first scene got me going!

Brenda said...

Debbie's a smart woman,I like her..
Hope to see more of her.

Jazzy said...

Wow, I liked everything about this story..The title, the photo of Freddie Hubbard, the sex scene..everything.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Keithhhhhh...you devil you! -lololol.

Captain Jack said...

That first scene got me going...and I'm gay.

Toni said...

Great Way to wrap everything up Keith!

Angie B. said...

I figured Debbie might know about Cherry...Good story!

Sunflower said...

Wonderful Story Keith!

Simon Bastion said...

I must say I enjoyed the soft flow of this story.

James Perkins said...

Loved It!

Lisa said...

Debbie is my girl...You can't pull the wool over her eyes.

Halo said...

Nice story Keith..I could almost see everything.

Vanessa said...

Love all of your writing..sometimes it's a toss up as to which blog I love more.."Keith's Space" or "Escapades" I'm leaning hard towards "Escapades"

Sean said...

I feel exactly like Vanessa..She took the words out of my mouth.

Cheryl said...

Great Story and nice way to tie things up..Still, you left room for more to be asked and talked about.

Tate2 said...

Should I toss my boxers to the rafters ?-lolololol

Brenda said...

@Tate 2- Freak!

@Anonymous- Do you have a man?

Angie B. said...

ROTFLMBAO @ Brenda's last comment.

Swaggie said...

Wow, That first scene through me off..I thought it was Cherry from the night before..come to find out it's Debbie...I was like, Reed plays more than the trumpet!-lololol Great story Keith!

Anonymous II said...

@Brenda-You took the words out of my mouth.

Good Story Keith!

SLC said...

You got me with that picture..........and those first few paragraphs had a good swing rhythm to them.

SLC said...

Forgot to say thanks.
Thought that was me on the horn for a second. Have an awesome week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the dedication, absolutely loved this story.

Stayinspired said...

Wow! Keith...I my mouth is hanging wide open. I really enjoyed reading your short story! You weren't kidding when you said you are a writer. Nicely done! The story has movement, color...it's nimble and easy to digest. The opening scene was a good one, too!!

Nspired said...

This can't be it? Dang it!