Thursday, November 5, 2009

Double Take


"The doors of the church are now open.....let us bless this most graacious offering....and while we are blessing it...we will hear a solo by our gracious guest, Mr. Reed Nelson." said Pastor John Struthers.

I stood up, adjusted myself and began to play "Precious Lord" on my trumpet...as Deacon Larry Weatherford and the other deacons collected the collection plates..I played it very softly, reverntly..... "88", who was my keyboardist , was also the organist for this church. He had invited me here this Sunday to sit in with him. He was a good friend and a great musician..how could I refuse? As I was playing,I saw the figure of a woman I used to know moving toward the door...I could only see her from the back....could it be? No...it couldn't be? She was in San-Francisco...No way she'd be back in Philadelphia. I finished playing and then I made my way to the door..and walked outside....No sign of her....I scratched my head.

"Nah Reed, she aint been around here, and you know she's job challenged....If she was back in the city ,she'd be coming around asking me if I'd let her crash in one of my empty apartments." said Chess as he got in the car with his friend Chris Thompson after church and pulled off...

I son forgot about her. I met my new lady friend, Deborah after church in a very chic little coffee shop in the Chestnut Hill section. Debbie looked so good in green. she had on a sharp green pencil dress with green heels to match and a sporty green hat... I was wearing a beautiful
tailor made suit that I had had made for me in San-Francisco and some shoes that went for about $600.00 bucks...To say that I was dapper was an understatement.

We enjoyed Coffee and Bannana Splits with Vanilla Ice cream and wet walnuts as we laughed and talked.

"My Reed...I didn't expect to see you again..." she laughed.

" I don't know why...I told you that I was going on a West Coast tour....I believe I texted you a few times while I was out there." I said as I spooned up my ice cream and took a sip of my coffee.

"Texts? I never got any texts from you." laughed Debbie.

"You didn't? Guess that's why I never got an answer." I laughed as we continued to eat.


A few nights later.....Debbie and I attended the World Series game between the Phillies and the
Yankees.....

'Wow Reed, what a nail biter....8-6.....They nearly blew that game." laughed Debbie...

"They sure almost did...I was on pins and needles....Wanna go to New York in a few days to see
Game 6?" I asked.

"Reed...I can't...I have a job......Where are you getting these tickets?" she asked.

"A guy I know can hook me up." I said.

"Wow ,for someone who isn't from Philadelphia, you sure sound like one it's native sons....everything is 'a guy I know' " she laughed.....

I looked out of the corner of my eye and I saw her...I definitely saw her....No doubt about it!!

"Debbie, excuse me..." I said..as I ran to the corner of the block , near Chickie and Petes and looked...again...nothing..It was as if she had vanished into thin air. Was something wrong with me..was I halucinating?

I drove Debbie back to her place....

"Reed, you seemed so tense after the game...Was something wrong?" asked Debbie.

"Nah...I thought I saw someone....but I guess it was someone else.." I lied.

"You coming in...for a night cap." she asked as I pulled up to her door.

"Yeah..what you got...scotch?" I asked.

"Well uh yes...but I wasn't talking about drinking." she said with a sly grin....

The warm hot soapy water filled up in the tub as Debbie, now clad only in a bra and panties ran
the hot soap down my shoulders and lathered me up....this done in between kisses and laughter... She slipped the bra off and stepped out of the panties and eased herself down on my now very erect penis and shivered just a little...I wasn't sure if that was because of me or the sting of the hot water..

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhhhh Reeeeddddd..." she said as she eased herself
up and down on me and I wiggled...This was just starters.

Later on ,we were in her bed making passionate love and kissing and groping each other like two horny teenagers......

"Oh Reed,I've missed you so much" she cooed...

"I've missed you too girl..ummmmmphhhh." I said in return.

I hungrily devoured her body....I hadn't had any sex in close to three months because of the tour and was so glad to be able to make up for the lost time.

I awoke at around five in the morning...Debbie was still fast asleep...I had dreamed about Cherry..I had dreamed about her being in San-Francisco....but I knew I had seen her in this city.
She was back...and I wondered what she was up to...where she was staying.

I went up on Debbie's rooftop with my trumpet that morning and began playing a new song I had composed in San-Francisco with "88" it was called "Double Take" People were sleeping, but the beautiful haunting melody coming from my trumpet would soothe them I thought. At any rate, while I played..I didn't receive not one complaint....The beauty and the power of the jazz trumpet.

(To be continued...)

9 comments:

SLC said...

Love it! I'm 3 hours late. Thought Reed was gonna say the wrong name during the passion.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!! Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Standing And Applauding and tossing my panties in the sky!!

Brenda said...

Why am I not surpised!

Brenda said...

Good story Keith!

Cheryl said...

I loved this story...I know that Cherry Johnson is somehow back in
town.

Toni said...

Just caught up..This is a great story premise.

Angie B. said...

You doin the damn thang as usual Keith!

Sunflower said...

Good story as usual!