Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Margins of Error




Three Large Medical Trucks were parked outside of the High School and three long lines of teen aged boys were lined up and being marched into the trucks. Inside of the trucks were Doctors and Nurses who were swabbing their mouths and taking samples of hair ,urine and blood from all of them. In another smaller line were all of the male N.T.A.'s , Teachers and Janitors who worked at the school...Detectives and Uniformed Policemen were conducting the activity. I stood along the side with Lt. Sissy Van Buren of Philadelphia Homicide and a fuming Principal Harry Harkins.

"This is highly irregular, disrupting my school like this....I thought I told you to never set foot on my campus again Mister Morris.?" he snarled.

" Kevin is a Licensced Private Investigator Mr. Harkins and he is assisting us with our investigation." Sissy lied, sensing that I could use a little help. I wasn't assisting them with anything. My case was actually closed..I had gotten Ramon Davis out on bail and three days later, The new Assistant District Attorney, and my good friend, Keith Wallace had dropped all charges against him for lack of evidence.



That was all Cock Robbins, his coach had asked me to do. The police were getting DNA swabs of every male in the high school to compare it with the incredible amount of semen found in the dead Renee Jefferson. It seems that the murder of Cross Rivers, her alleged lover had all but been forgotten. I ,however thought that the two murders were somehow linked.

"This is highly irregular." snarled Harkins who then took another look at Lt. Sissy Van Buren. She was wearing a tight grey skirt that hugged her voluptuous curves...Her long brown hair hung at shoulder length and her legs were excellently shaped...His left eye brow curved and he smiled..

"Well Hellllooooooooo...I don't believe I have had the pleasure of making your acquaintence." He said in the phoniest tone I had ever heard.


"This is Lt. Sissy Van Buren of Philadelphia Homicide." I said, trying to be helpful.
"I don't believe I asked you a gotdamn thing." he snarled at me. I was just one step from belting him, but I thought better of it. I ignored him. When this case was over, I intended to settle with the Principal, once and for all.

"I'm pleased to meet you sir....I'm sorry to disrupt your school day...My men should be done shortly." she said.

"Oh you just take your time...Always pleased to help Philadelphia's finest in anyway I can."he said.

"Thank you for supporting the Police department." she said.

"I wasn't talking about the Police Department...I was talking about you pretty mama." he said with a leer...Oh give me a break! I thought to myself.

"Pretty Mama? Where did you dig that one up from?" said Sissy Van Buren.


"Heh,heh,heh...I can't help it if it's true....So tell me...Are you dating anyone?" He laughed.

"No, Not at the moment.." she said dryly and then walked over to one of her detectives.

Harkins then turned his attention to another man who he despised about as much as me..Cock Robbins.
 
"Robbins!!! Get over here." He snapped. Cock walked over to him.

'Yes ,Mr. Harkins?" He said.

"I see you got your wide receiver back eh?" He said.

"Yes sir and he'll probably be at practice today." said Cock, not knowing what this was about.

"Yes...You guys are undefeated right now , aren't you?" He asked.
 
"Yes sir...We are Ten and oh sir." said Cock.
 
"That's right...the best season we have had since you've been here....It had better stay that way too because if we fail to make the playoffs...you're history...if we get to the playoffs and lose, you're history, if I find out that you had anything to do with bringing Mister Kevin Morris here to stir up things at this school, not only are you history, but you can kiss your teaching job goodbye too...heh,heh,heh..." he laughed.
 
He walked away, towards Sissy Van Buren...Cock looked at me , frowned and then said-"Prick" under his breath...He wanted to kill Principal Harkins...I just laughed.
As the DNA investigation beegan to end and everybody packed up and pulled off..I walked over to Sissy Van Buren.


"Kevin...want to bet that none of these samples will match." she said.

"You don't think so huh?" I said.
"No, I don't...but I have to try..This is all I have." She said.
"What about the boy? Rivers? " I asked.
"It's still an open case...You think there is a link don't you?" She said.
"My gut tells me that there is a link between the two and that we are looking for the same killer." I said.
"Yeah?" she said.
'Yeah..Both were killed in that gym..both were strangled by some kind of belt or something and then finished off with some kind of blunt object....and in both cases you have no weapon found and no eye witness....Ramon told me that Cross told him he had something to tell him on the day that he died...Wonder what it was? That the girl they were both fighting over was not pregnant?" I mused.
"Okay Kevin good point..but if she wasn't pregnant, then what would have been the big deal?"
asked Sissy.

"I think there was another player in the game...I think Cross found out about somebody else our girl was banging....somebody that couldn't allow their identity to be known..." I said.

"Who?" she asked.
 
"I don't know...Somebody that had something to lose if their identity was known." I said.
 
"You should have been a cop Kevin..You got better instincts than some of my detectives." she laughed.

I got in my car and I drove over to Cross River's father's house. I needed to talk to him about his son. Quentin "Deep" Rivers was a jazz musician. He played the bass...Although he was proud of his son, the wrestler...It was painfully obvious that he wanted his son to follow in his footsteps and be a musician.

"Deep" Rivers and I sat on his steps and drank a beer and talked about his son, Cross Rivers and Renee Jefferson.

"That babe messed my son's head up Kevin. He ate,slept,drank that chick..That's all he ever talked about...I couldn't stand her myself. I told him, Cross, that chick is too high maintenance, too high siddity...Find yourself a more down to earth broad. You know how young boys can be..

Girl gave him his first shot of the punany and he went half crazy....He talked about killing himself when she dropped him for that Football player...Ramon." he said.
"Wow...He was in deep." I said.

"Yeah...She fooled around with that football player for about a year. We had a year of peace..then Cross started trying to see her again...only, she didn't want to...she was done with both of them...she had found someone new...Cross was devestated." said "Deep "Rivers.

"Yeah, but your son was seen driving her back to her house late at night in his car." I added.
"What car? Cross didn't have a car. He didn't have a drivers license...He had just got his permit the week before he was murdered." said "Deep" Rivers.

"So she never came over here and spent anytime?" I asked.


"Nahhhh, His mother don't play that...Anytime after nine, she was not over here and I certainly didn't drive her nowhere..I work at night..You can ask Gus over at Josie's..My Quintet been playin there ever since Reed Nelson and his band went back on the road. Cross wouldn't have had a car even if he could drive, which he couldn't." he said. I believed him. I thanked him for the beer and got back in my car.
Two weeks later..I got a call from Lt.Sissy Van Buren.
"Kevin, I was right...Not one of the DNA samples we took matched the semen in the girl's body,not one..We are back to square one." she sighed.
That night I drove back to Lucy's house. I had Sepia's car and thus I had Sepia with me...As we walked toward the house...We heard sounds...the same sounds I had heard the last time I came
here..only they were coming from the front bedroom....

"OHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHH gooood lawd.....lay that pipe...ohhhhh give it to me.....give it too me..sock it to me...ohhhhhh you hittin my spots..ohhhh good gawdddd.."
came the voice...definitely a female voice...but the voice of an older woman....

"Ouuuuuuu,ummmmmmmph, ohhh baby....ohhhhhh baby, ohhhh foxy mama you sure got some good stuff..ohhhhh..ohhhhhhhh.....ohhhhhhh, give it to me girl....ohhhh come on foxy mama...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.." came the whiny sound of a male... I had heard this voice before, but where? I kept asking myself.
"Somebody is gettin their swerve on up there Kevin, I think your girl is busy." said Sepia with a grin..
"Yeah, somebody is always gettin their swerve on in this house." I said, surprised at how disgusted I was.
Lucy was nowhere in sight...but I knew that that wasn't her voice and it didn't sound like the young voice of her sister either..Perhaps it was her mother and father doing their thing. Then I remembered that Lucy told me that their father had died in a shootout years before.
"Ohhhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhh, foxy mama, I can't put on my breaks...I'm about to explodeeeee!!
ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,ohhhhhhhhhhh...it's so good,it's so gooooood, it's sooo goodddd....ohhhhhhh...." he screamed with pleasure.
"Damn man, I sure wish you'd use a condom..." came the female voice.
"I pulled out, I didn't get any in you." came the male voice. I chuckled at that.
"I hope not....I aint never seen a man cum as much and as hard as you....My goodness,it's like you wet the bed...Everytime you come over here, you ruin my sheets....I can't even wash these."
She said.
"I'm sorry..I can't help it." said the male voice.

"Well then get a condom..they make em big enough to handle you." said the voice.

"I don't get the feeling I need when I have a condom on." he said.
"Yeah,well then I'm gon charge you extra for ruining my sheets...but you gotta get dressed and get out of here before both my daughters come home...especially Lucy...She see you in here and it'll ruin the good thing we got goin.." said the female voice.
"I want to go again...I'll give you an extra $500.00." he begged.
"Hahahahahahahaha, man, get yo clothes on and get out of here before my daughters come home or you go broke, one of the two...we done did it two times tonight...now I'm tired...you gotta go...you done came all over two sets of sheets." she laughed.
"Oh alright...I'll see you next week.." he said.
"Okay..Thanks Harry...Tonight, you done paid my Gas bill,my phone bill and my water bill."she laughed.
Sepia and I ran and jumped in her car. We watched as the man walked out of Lucy's house. It was Principal Harry Harkins!!!!!!

You know him Kevin?" asked Sepia.

Yeah, he's the principal at the High school." I said.

"Well, he's not the first Principal to be sleeping with a student's mother." laughed my wife.
"There's more to it than that....He's the only person that didn't give a DNA sample two weeks ago. She said that he secrets a lot of semen when he ejaculates... We found an enormus amount in the dead girl's body....If I can get that woman's bed sheets...we might have our killer." I said.

"Yeah, you gonna knock on her door and get her stained bed sheets...Kevin , you are out of your mind." laughed Sepia.

Just then..I saw Lucy and her sister walking down the street...I looked at Sepia and smiled...

"There goes my inside girl." I said.




(Conclusion Next....)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was something not quite right about that principal. Great story Keith. Can't wait for the conclusion.

SLC said...

This ain't fiction, but it's good!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and tossing my panties to the rafters...That story got me so hot I had to fan myself....