Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Once Was Lost


Gus and I drove to Peeping Tom's House....I hated to wake him up this time of night, but he was the only one who could help me...

"What can I do to help my friend?" said the Italian, who had once been a major CIA operative.

"Sepia has my car....There is a GPS device in the car that you installed....also....try to hit the towers with your trigger fish machine and see if you can locate a signal on either her Blackberry or her
Android...It'll lead us right to her." I said... I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner." I said.

"Okay my friend....." he said.

"Kev, you sure know some interesting people." said Gus.

"He used to be with the CIA Gus...He was very good at what he did." I said.

"Hey...can he be trusted? None of what you see in here can leave this house." said Tom.

"He's good...I trust him with my life." I said.

It took awhile..but Peeping Tom came up with something.....

"Kev..I got two hits...and look!!! They are both coming from the same place...The car , where-ever it is has her cell phones in it...The signals are strong." he said.

"Yeah...but is she with the car? " asked Gus.

"I don't know...but something is better than nothing...Let's go." I said.

I called Clerow, Kool Kat, Robert Foxworth and Sean Jackson and told them where to meet me.
Gus and I drove , surprisingly enough just a few miles from my home....There was an overpass near the bridge.....There was a break in the overpath and tire tracks that ran down the side of the road into a gully.....There was my car...My BMW!!!!It was upside down!!! Gus and I ran towards the car as fast as we could.....and there was Sepia.....still in seat belts and wedged between the air bag and the seat belts...She was still alive!!!!!!! She had been in an accident!!! and had been stuck like this for 4 days!!!!!!!

Gus and I pried the door open....We cut the air bags and dragged her out....She gasped for air and cried like a baby as I held her in my arms....I was crying too.....By now...Robert Foxworth, Bonita, Sean Jackson, Sheila, Kool Kat, Clerow ,Corabeth and Mabel had arrived.....They were all
overjoyed to see that Sepia had been found and found alive!!!!!!

The police and a towing company arrived shortly afterwords......

"Well Kevin....I am so happy this had kind of a happy ending...I was thinking the worst....It's amazing that she's still alive, being stuck in that car for four days with no food or water and upside down..." said Sissy Van Buren...

"Kevin....It was your car...The brakes...they didn't work." said Sepia.

"That's impossible...I just got that car inspected the week before , I had all new brakes put on it."
I said.

"They didn't work and I skidded off the side of the road ...I texted you, but I dropped my phone and couldn't get to it." she said.

"Oh My God..." I said...

A Detective checked my car.....

"Hey , the brake line on this car was cut." he said.

"What?" I said.

"Kev man....whoever did this...didn't know she'd be taking your car...This was meant for you." said Kool Kat.

"You got problems that maybe I should know about?" asked Lt. Van Buren.

"It appears I do." I said.

I held Sepia tightly....Not wanting to let go....I kissed her forehead....

"She's going to the hospital to be looked at..." said a policeman.

"Okay...I'm coming with her." I said.

II-

I sat in the hospital with Sepia most of the night...I held her hand and stroked it softly.....She smiled at me....I looked outside the hospital window and there he was again!!!.....The man in the tan suit.. with the sunglasses...He made a phone call and then when he was finished ,he lit another cigar...He was just standing there smoking...

"Hey..Stop...who are you?" I said...

He laughed and got into the car and pulled off....This time he was by his self...I was mad at myself, I didn't even get a license plate number...I walked back to Sepia's room...She was sitting up now...

"Kevin, who was that?" she asked.

"I don't know...but I think he had something to do with your accident.." I said.

"I thought you said that Mickey worked on your car?" she asked.

She was right! Mickey Moore, an ex-con and mechanic who I gave work to and sent a lot of customers to had done the work...He was also a recovering Heroin addict...I wonder if he was using again?...I wonder if somebody had gotten to him? Maybe this man in the tan suit and shades... But why? Who was he? I'd never seen him before in my life...What was his angle?? That was what I had to find out...I peered over at Sepia...She had fallen asleep...The sun was coming up, a new day was beginning.

(To Be Continued...)

4 comments:

Angie B. said...

Man, I've been reading this story all
week long...not what I expected...

Toni said...

Damn...This is mysterious..Who is this guy walking around??

Halo said...

I'm Glad Sepia is alive...I love their relationship...It's so playful and sexy!

Anonymous said...

Surprise twist. Glad she's alright.