Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Day,Another Woman


I awoke the next morning in Rowena's bed! That's right ,in her bed.About two hours after she and my newly discovered daughter left Josies...I called the number she gave me...

"Hello" she said.

"Rowena, this is me, Ralph." I said.

"Wow...I didn't expect to hear from you this soon." she laughed.

"You didn't expect to hear from at all did you? Tell the truth?" I said.

"Well.......I didn't know....Ralph ,it's nearly two in the morning..." she said.

"I know...I just wanted to ....uh, see you." I said.

"You saw me tonight...at Josies..." she said.

"I know but uh....,well...that was a public place...I kind of wanted...to uh...see you...uh...al- alone."
I blurted out....

"I don't know Ralph...it's late....." she said.

"Raquel is sleeping I guess." I said.

"Raquel doesn't live here....She's got an apartment a few blocks away.."she said.

"Ohhh wow...She really is grown up.....Listen, I'm sorry for waking you up..." I said.

"You didn't wake me up...I was sitting up watching television." she said.

"Tryin to unwind right? Yeah, I'm like that too when I come in after hangin out." I said.

"Yeah...I'm just chillin, sippin a wine cooler and watchin videos on BET." she said.

"What are you wearin?" I asked. She busted out laughing then...

"What? Ralph, you crazy....hahahahahahahahahaha...." she said.

"I'm sorry..It is rather late and I guess we too old for that kind of talk." I laughed.

"I'm in my night gown." she answered, still laughing.

"Maybe I'll stop by at a more appropriate hour...I didn't mean to call you this late." I said.

"If you want to come by and see me Ralphie...Why don't you just ask me straight up?" she said.

"What? I thought I did." I said. She hesitated for a few minutes..then sighed.

"Oh ...alright...If you comin...then come on....you know how to get here?" she asked.

"Yes...I know the way." I said.

"Okay...well don't take too long...I might fall off to sleep......oh and Ralph...bring some condoms...There is a seven eleven down the block from my house." she said.

"Condoms?" I asked...

"Yes...You're not asking to come around here at this time of night to talk, I know.." she said.

I laughed.....

"You know me so well...don't you?" I laughed.

"Yes....and after twenty one years, I don't want another baby." she said with a laugh.

That night....I went to Rowena's house.....She had put on a little weight since I knew her, but in twenty one years...who hadn't? Her body was every bit as soft as it was then...Her kissable lips just as soft as melted butter....We made love close to eight times that night...I couldn't get enough of her...she couldn't get enough of me either....Finally, we took a break and drifted off to sleep...It was the most peaceful sleep I'd had in a long while...

I got up, showered and put my clothes on...Rowena was just waking up.....

"Leavin Ralph?" she said.

"I have to work....but if you get dressed...I'll take you to breakfast." I said.

"It's a deal." she smiled. "There is an IHOP not far from here" she said.

"That'll work." I said with a smile.

II-

After we ate breakfast, we exchanged numbers and adresses again and I promised to take Rowena out the next weekend...To a nicer joint like Mulberry Street....I fully intended to get to know my daughter and to spend more time with her mother....My goodness, that woman was hell in the sack! I could see myself making her my girlfriend..Something I hadn't done with any woman for years. She was enough to make me throw away my players cards.
I got to work....washed my hands, put my apron on and got to preparing the afternoon special... Dollar Bill walked into the kitchen and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Ralph...there's a lady out in the dinin area that asked for you." he said.

"A lady? Who? " I asked.

"I don't yodel and I don't know...You need a score card to keep up with your triflin self...Says her name is Lois..." said Dollar Bill.

Lois! Lois Collins...That's right...She had texted me a day ago...said she wanted to talk to me about somethin.....That was before I got sidetracked with Rowena....

Lois laughed and tucked her head under my shoulders....."Oh I'm so embarrassed...I've...I've never carried on like that...and I've got your sheets all wet...Oh I'm so sorry....Wow Ralph,you, you, you made me come so hard...."she laughed. 'Whooooeee...I've never come so hard like that before." she said with an embarrassed school girl like smile...

I smiled at the thought of that night.....How lucky was I? Two of the best lays I'd ever had in my life in one week!!! I walked out into the dining area...There she was , Her back was to me, but I knew that back like I knew my own hand..

"Lois...How are you doing?" I said.

Lois turned toward me....I could see that...She was expecting!!!!!!!!!!

"Lois! You're pregnant!!!" I said.

"Yes Ralph......I see that you still have good sight ,among other things." she said.

"Is- Is this what uh, you had to tell me?" I asked, already knowing the answer....

"Yes Ralph....I'm four months pregnant....with your baby." she said.

I slumped down in my chair......I couldn't believe it....After all of the women I've had...my past and my recent present had caught up with me...In 48 hours, I discovered that I have a 21 year old daughter and a child on the way!....

Lois smiled weakly....I managed a half smile....Above us, the flat screen television went to a commercial... It was for Trojan condoms.........We both looked at each other and held our heads down.

(Conclusion Next)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy!! See Ralph will have that soccer team before he knows it. LMAO @ the trojan commercial.

SLC said...

Celibacy or snip snip