Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Official Indiscretions


Nobody would talk to me , but they could talk to Attorney Robert Foxworth....I know that under strict orders from Lt. Sissy Van Buren...a friend in the M.E.'s office had secretly made a copy of that report and mailed it to my wife...They didn't want Deputy Commisioner Haywood to find out that this information was leaked out. He had apparently personally asked for this information to be given to him. There was no telling where the original was. It was wisely copied and mailed to me. I could investigate things that the Police department couldn't do "officially"

Robert Foxworth met with the "friend" of ours from the coroner's office at Bottom Of The C. I was
not there. I was in fact driving to the other side of town. I was looking for Stacy Lord's people.
Stacy Lord ,at 19 was the youngest of the girls who went missing and the last of the girls to go missing.

I talked to her sister ,Estelle Lord....

"Estelle, have you ever seen this guy?" I said , showing her a photo of Gerald Brown.

"No...Can't say that I have..." she said.

"Did Stacy have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Well,I wouldn't call him that....He was married...He told her that he and his wife were getting a divorce." she said.

"But you didn't believe that, did you?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter whether I believed it or not...Stacy went for him though...He had money, Had a nice car....Couple of cars...a city car and his own car, a Bently..." she laughed.

"So for Stacy it was about his money." I said.

"Yeah...and for him, it was about sex....He saw a hot young thing in a short mini skirt and he went for it..." she said with a smirk.

"You didn't like him much did you?" I said.

"No....A month before he met Stacy, he was all up in my face...all up in my bedroom..." she said pouting.

"You had a sexual relationship with this man?" I asked.

"I wouldn't call it a relationship..I had sex with him....once, maybe twice...He didn't know Stacy was my sister until I saw them together here and it came out...." she said.

"Oh my God...Well when it came out, did Stacy break it off?" I said.

"I don't think she did." said Estelle.

"Okay, let me run something by you...Did you know that Stacy was pregnant at the time she died?" I asked.

''She was?" said Estelle incredulously...

"Yes...She was.....One month." I said.

"That dirty dog....That dirty married dog." she spat....

Suddenly ,I remembered something......

"You said he had a city car.....You slept with this man...What is his name?" I asked.

"He's a big wig in the Police Department...His name is Haywood, Haywood Stevens....He was on the television...He's the one who caught the guy who killed my sister and those other girls." she said.

" Well, he caught something....Thanks for talking with me Estelle." I said.

"Don't mention it....You a private Detective right?" she said with a leering smile.

"Well uh yeah somewhat." I said.

"You workin for his wife? It's cool ,you aint gotta tell me....I hope she takes him for all he's got."
she laughed.

"Oh he's gonna get took." I laughed.

II-


I met with Attorney Robert Foxworth in Josie's that afternoon....He had a mouthful to tell me.

"Mann Kev..check it out...Both of them girls was pregnant by the same person...They got a DNA
match..." he said.

"I figured....It's not Gerald Brown's DNA is it?" I laughed.

"Right again....but we don't know who's DNA it is...They ran it through the FBI VICAP Files and through the States and nothing came up." he said.

"That's because they are looking for a criminal...This guy aint a criminal...Not in the normal sense." I said.

"Well just cause they was both seeing the same man doesn't mean that that guy killed them." said Robert Foxworth.

"No...but if that same man is married, has everything to lose and is purposely shutting down the investigation...it means a lot." I said.

"You think you know who it is?" asked Robert Foxworth.

I smiled and winked at him and was on my way.


III-


I met with Gerald Brown at the correctional center that night....I had a videotape of Haywood Stevens's press conference after his capture...I played it for him....His eyes lit up and he smiled...

"That's him boss...That's the other guy that was out there....I know that voice anywhere... I looked right in his face....but nobody's gonna believe me....and you can't prove it." he said.

"I think maybe I can." I said.

"Hey ,remember...I helped you catch him." he said.

"Yeah...that will go a long way." I smirked!

(Conclusion Next)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh I knew it!!! I can't wait to see how this ends!