Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pillow Talk



Delores was indeed in Jamaica with her girlfriends...I had driven her and three of the five who went on the trip to the airport myself...I watched them board the plane and take off and except for the amorous afternoon I spent with Mai Ling Jackson, the foxy organist, I had talked to Delores every night...and a couple of times twice during the day...Plus I knew my girl...she wasn't this type...If Delores even suspected me of stepping out on her..she wouldn't slash tires or set me up with the DMV..She's more the direct type...She'd bring it to my face!

It had been three days since my car had been towed to the DMV...and since Mai Ling and I had spent an afternoon together doing the nasty...I hadn't talked to her since then and I wisely kept my car off the street and in my apartment complex's indoor parking garage.. I had taken Mai Ling to Firestone and bought her a new tire , which I had put on myself and she had taken her car to one of the body shops I had recomended
to get the scratches painted.

After that, I took it easy...I had dinner with Reed and Deborah at least two nights after that and another night,I played a gig at Josies and the next night, went to watch the Baseball game with Meek Rollins and some of the guys in the band.  I was keeping my nose clean....

Tonight, I was home alone, Playing the Piano a little bit and blowing a few riffs on my trumpet....I made some popcorn and I had a Coke on the dining room table...when the phone rang!

''Hey baby..what's going on?" said Delores in a very sexy breathy voice...

"Nothing, until now.." I said with a laugh....I could hear some of her girlfriends in the background laughing..

"I was just thinking about you.." she said.

"I'm certainly thinking about you...What you guys doin?" I asked.

"We chillin...There is a bar on the beach and we were there most of the day...Guess who is down here?" she asked.

"Who?" I said.

"Symphony Sam and his ,get this -All Star orchestra, featuring Brooke Taylor on Guitar and some non-singin girl that probably gave him some.." she said with a laugh.

This proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was in Jamaica...I knew that Symphony Sam had a gig down there, but I never mentioned it to her....I still heard the other females laughing and talking loud.

"Delores...soooo, what are you wearing?" I asked in a low voice...



"Robert!!!! I'm in a room with five other people." she said.

"So...talk low..." I said.

"We are all in our panties and bras...just chillin..you know...havin girl talk." she said..

"Oh yeah...what color you got on?" I asked..

"Robert!!!!, the black silk ones you bought me..." she whispered...

"Yeah?? What Yvonne got on?" I asked ,now laughing...

"Oh ,okay..now you want me to cut you.." she said laughing.....

"I miss you baby.." I said.

"I miss you too boo...and when I come home next week, I'll show you just how much I miss you.."she said.

"I'm lookin forward to that." I said.

"Oh and Robert...If you do get weak and step out with some trick, use a condom...don't bring me nothin." she said.

"Aww now what you go and say that for?" I asked.

"I'm just kidding...but just in case you do." she said...I heard a lot of giggling and laughter in the background.

"Awww, you showin off for your girls huh? " I said.

"Tee heee...yes ,I guess I am..they all up in my convo...." she laughed...

"Okay, well yall have fun and don't worry about poor me back in Philly , all alone.." I said.

"We'll try not to." she laughed... "Good night lover...dream of me tonight." she said.

"A wet dream?" I laughed...

"Whateverrrrrrrrrrrr...bye." she said.

Click!

II-



I was too restless to go to sleep ,so I got in my car and drove to Josies....To my surprise, Mai Ling Jackson was performing tonight...She was wailing on that Organ...and her band was pitchin a bitch too..everybody was rocking back and forth, clapping their hands and or snapping their fingers, except a short, serious looking fellow in a dark suit who was sitting up front...He was staring at Mai Ling's every move with rapt attention...Couldn't say that I blamed him....and if he knew what she could do in the bed...that would give him even more reason to just stare in amazement.

While I was there, Meek Rollins stumbled over to me...

''Hey Rob...I need a favor man..." he said.

"What is that Meek?" I said.

"Man...I went out to my car and damn if I don't have a flat..."

"A flat?" I asked.

"Yeah man..a damn flat...plus I think I'm drunk....so could you give me a ride home and I'll come and get my ride tomorrow...Gus and another guy helped me push the car over into the garage here and off the streets." he said.

"Okay man...I aint stayin much longer...just wanted to see Mai Ling's set...I caught her the other night at Mulberry Street." I said.

"Yeahhh man..I'd like to catch her my damn self...I was talkin to her tonight...but I was so drunk, my words were slurrin...she just laughed at me." said Meek.

"You were talkin to Mai Ling...and then you noticed you had a flat?" I asked...

"Man, I don't know...I'm drunk...I tole you I'm drunk." said Meek.

"Yeah, I can see that." I said.

After Mai Ling's set...The serious looking fellow got up..He rushed through the crowd and said to her-

"Mai Baby, you were great..."

"Aww thank you Lester...you're so sweet." she said.

"Did you get the flowers I sent you?" he asked.

"Yes...I did...The bouquet of orange roses on Monday, the pink roses on Tuesday, The multicolored bouquet on Wednesday and the mixture of Red & white roses today...They are gorgeous....but I've got so many roses in my house now...I don't have any room for anymore sugar...but thank you..." she said and kissed  him on the cheek.


''I've got two tickets to Madame Butterfly next week...would you like to go with me?" he asked.

"Wow...Madame Butterfly...My mother took me to see that when I was a little girl..I sure will think about that Lester." she said.  Just then, she saw me..and she left Lester and walked over to me...

"Heyy Hot stuff...where you been? My company wasn't that bad was it?" she laughed...

"Oh naw...nah...I've been busy, composing and stuff.." I said.

"I'm just kidding...Listen...I'm sitting in with Reed Nelson and "88" this Friday..Come on down and check us out.." she said.

'Wouldn't miss it kid...now if you'll excuse me...I gotta get my drunk friend home." I said, lifting Meek Rollins up and walkin him out the door. Mai Ling laughed , Gus and Honey Brown just shook their heads...Lester, however looked angry for some reason...



As I put Meek in my car and pulled off, I noticed Lester standing outside watching us and stomping his feet...
Could it be....??? Nah!




(To Be Continued....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sexy talk got me steamed up!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I think Lester is your man...He was visibly upset that Rob was talking to Mai Ling and Meek Rollins said that he was talking to her earlier and now his tires are flat! Dude is a hater..Don't want nobody talkin to his girl..I've seen his type before.

Brenda said...

@Grover-Oh have you? LOL!

Vanessa said...

I agree with Grover...I think it's Lester...Can't wait for the next installment.

Tate 2 said...

Hell, that phone sex got ME turned on...

Halo said...

Laughing at anonymous and Tate 2...
2 closet freaks, yall ought to meet up!

Lisa said...

Good story as usual...I'm certain that Lester is the stalker...I'll see if I'm right as the story goes on.