Thursday, May 1, 2014

Waterbreak

"You gone get me fired Mr. Kevin" said the receptionist named Keisha ,who had been helping me...She was a pretty thing, brown skinned, petite ..couldn't be more than 20 years old if she was that old...She reminded me of my suragate daughter, Josie Boyd, who I kind of looked out for after the death of her father, a former client of mine...

"I'm telling you...You'll be just fine...Nobody will know what you did..."I said as she passed me the file...

"Did you make a copy?" I asked.

"That's the copy in your hands..."she said.

"Good Girl...and you put the original back right?" I said..

"Of course.." she said.

"Good Girl." I said and I peeled off some 50's and put it in her hand..

"For my troubles right?" she said with a smirk..

"Of course."I said-"Now go on back to work...I don't want anyone to see you out here in this parking lot talking to me."I said.

"Okay...Good Luck."she said as she went back inside..

The file she gave me was the results of the rape kit that had been done on Denise Reynolds.. They found Spermicide....Proof that a condom had been used...I had the condom and her panties...Enough to prove that this creep had had sex with her...

It was time to call Sissy.

II-


Sissy was Lt.Sissy Van Buren of the Criminal Investigative Unit,Philadelphia Police department...My friend of many years...

"Hello." I said...

"Kevin is that you?" came the melodic voice of Lt.Sissy Van Buren...

"Hey girl..Yeah it's me..."I said.

"Don't tell me ,let me guess, Sepia has had the baby."she said.

"No,not yet, but she's having contractions...Her water hasn't broke yet.."I said.

''Awww, you sound like the nervous daddy....It'll be alright." she said.

"Sis, there's another reason I called you...I need your help."I said.

"Ohhhh, What's going on? I  can hear it in your voice."she said.

"Sissy,there's a monster here in this hospital....He's an anesthesiologist....He puts women under and then he sexually assaults them...I saw him do this with my own eyes...I was walking down the hall and I heard him..then I peeped in the room and I saw him do this...and it's not just one...He's done this to at least two women Sissy, he's got to be stopped.!!!"I said.

"Alright, okay Kevin, You are sure this is what you saw?" she asked.

"Yes..and not only that...I have the condom that he used and the panties his last victim, Ms. Denise Reynolds was wearing when the assault took place...I have them in a box in my car...I'm going to email you the file I've compiled on this guy and you need to send somebody down here to pick up this evidence..."I said.

There was a pause, then I heard Sissy laughing...

"Kevin you are.....You are a trip...Your wife is having a baby and you are simultaneously doing an investigation..." she said laughing...

"Yeah....You know me Sissy, Always on the job...Heh, Heh...Will you at least look into it Sissy?" I asked.

"How can I say no to you Kevin?" she said.

"Thanks friend. Denise Reynolds will talk to you, but she was unconscious most of the time...She woke up nude.." I said.

"And you know this how?" asked Sissy chuckling...

"I witnessed some of it....Stop laughing.....She complained to the hospital and they did a rape examination...but they found no semen...They wouldn't...He used a condom...but if this condom has her DNA and his on it as well as her panties...We got him cold." I said.

"Okay...what about the other woman?" asked Sissy....

"Her name is Brenda Hollerson....I witnessed that assault too....I have her address and her phone number....I'm emailing all of that to you...She complained, but she couldn't identify anybody...She came to see her Doctor...Not Bauer and the next thing she knew ,she was asleep...When she woke up,her panties were on the floor, her blouse was undone and her bra was unfastened and there was no good reason for her to be in that shape...She complained to the hospital staff about him also...She may talk to you." I said.

"Well if your evidence  checks out and we can get both of these women to talk...We have a case..."said Sissy....

"Okay Sissy...I'll get this stuff to you."I said.

"Kevin is one of these women a client of yours?" she asked.

"Yes..Ms. Reynolds is..No one else would take her seriously."I said.

"And you got her to give you her panties?" she asked...chuckling...

''Well uh yes."I said.

"Only you....You need to write a book...Some guys can't get in a woman's panties and they're in the bedroom with her..."she said laughing....

We both busted out laughing....God Bless Sissy....I loved her wicked sense of humor! It was the first time I'd laughed like this in a long time..

"Okay...I think I'd better get back to my wife..."I said.

"That's a good idea...I'll call you and let you know when someone is on the way.It'll more than likely be Chica." she said.

"That'll work...I'll send you this stuff right away.Tell Carlotta to look for a receptionist named Keisha....She'll know where to find me." I said.

"Okay...and Kevin?" she said.

''Be Easy babes..relax...You're about to be a father." she said.

"I will Sissy, I promise....And Sissy......Thank you..You're a good friend."I said.

There was a pause...then Sissy said-

''So have you friend...So have you." she said and hung up...



III-


After awhile I went back to Sepia's room..She was sitting up ,smiling...She was watching television...

"Heyy Lover" she said.

''Heyy Babes.."I said.

"You having any more contractions..?" I asked.

"Yeah and this epidermal is wearing off , call the nurse." she said..

"Okay...Okay...Hold on....Hold on..."I said.

I ran down the hall ,looking for a doctor...

I found several and they came with me to the room...They had Sepia hooked up to monitors and were checking her stomach....

They were all looking at each other and talking....Ignoring me....I might as well have not been there...

I looked at Sepia...I tried to smile...She wasn't smiling ...she seamed to be in pain...and then just like that....She eased up on one arm...

The doctors all began pouring out of the room...

"She's dialating...Not much longer now."said one..

"Where are you going?" I asked..

"We'll be back..."

"Oh my God...Oh My God...My water is breaking!!!" said Sepia...

"Hey where are you guys going?" I said.

Several Nurses came in....

"We'll take care of that...She's just about ready now Mr. Morris...Would you step outside ,and give us some privacy?" said another....

I stepped outside the room....

Just then, I saw two familliar figures...Keisha...My receptionist friend and Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace...


"Heyyy papi.."said Carlotta upon seeing me..."Your little friend showed me where you were.."she said.

I hugged her and gave her my car keys....

"What you want is in a box in the trunk of my car." I said.

"Is she having the baby?" asked Carlotta...

"Her water broke...She's having contractions..."I said.

Carlotta's eyes got as large as saucers...

"Oh My God!! She's having the baby!!!...Don't worry about this...We got this from here...Okay?? You stay with your wife!" she said...

"I plan to...There isn't anything else I can do." I said.

"Ohhhhh..I've got to call Boss Lady!!" she said..."I'll be right back!!" she said as she and Keisha left me in the hallway...

The door swung open...

"Okay Mr. Morris, you can come in now.." said a nurse...

"Did she...Did she have the baby?" I asked.

"No..Not yet...but she's close...very close." said another nurse..

I sat next to Sepia. She had on a clean hospital gown and there were dry sheets on her bed...

I held her hand...She held mine...

Carlotta returned with my car keys...


"Hola Sepia..." she said.

"Hi Carlotta."said Sepia smiling...

"How are you?" she asked.

"I'm excited, just ready for this to be over..."said Sepia...

"I can imagine...Your husband is a nervous wreck, he can't sit still."she said.

"I know right?....you'd think he was physically having the baby."said Sepia.

I laughed out loud...Carlotta passed me my car keys....she smiled at me very sweetly...

"Now relax...Stay with your wifey...We got this..."she said.

"Gracias" I said...

''God Bless You two." said Carlotta..

"Oh Thank you Carlotta."said Sepia...They hugged each other...

"We all are coming up to see you when the baby comes."she said as she left...

Sepia looked at me and smiled..

"Case?" she asked.

''I can't lie to you...Yeah...Some doctor is in here raping women...after he puts them under...I saw it...I had to do something about it."I said.

"That's why I love you Kevin...That's why I married you...You care about people...You take care of everybody....Now let me take care of you.."she said.

"How you gonna do that?" I asked..

She took my hand in hers...I sat on the side of the bed...She rubbed my hand softly and kissed me on the cheek....

"Just let me.."she said. quietly and rubbed my back gently....

And I sat there with Sepia, holding her hand and watching her until she drifted off to sleep!

(CONCLUSION NEXT)

No comments: