Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Duck and Cover


Monica and I and four uniformed policemen entered the wharf bar...It was a rough joint located near the end of the port....No way Monica said she was letting me go in there by myself..She insisted  on coming with me and she brought four uniformed cops along for safe measure...

We had to find the Harbor Master to ask him about what happened during the last hours of Marvin Zane's life..

We spotted him.....Or rather I spotted him sitting with two women in a corner...

 "Mo-Mo...That's him...in the corner...Zig Higgenbottom."I said.

Monica cracked up laughing and leaned on my shoulder...

''Wait...Wait..His name is what? Zig Higgenbottom??" she said leaning into my back and laughing so hard she was shaking...."Oh My God...Oh My God...You have to be kidding...that can not be that man's name.."she said still laughing..

I smiled....Her laughter was contagious...It was also very attractive....Her perfume was intoxicating....and her touch was very arousing.....but then there was the business at hand....

"Control yourself babes....we got to go interview him..."I said.

"Okay....Okay...come on.....Come on..."she said trying to stop laughing...

"You alright?" I asked...

"Yeah...Yeah...come on.."she said as we walked over to the table...

Zig Higgenbottom was a hefty six foot four ..weighed like 500 pounds and was entertaining two very shapely attractive women...

"So then there was the time we got on my yacht and we sailed down to Brazil..."laughed Zig Higgenbottom...

"Wait a minute...YOU have a yacht?" said one woman...

"Hellllllll yeah...." he said..

''Where is it?" said the other woman..

"Oh it's uh...It's tied up down there..I uh rented it out to some rich friends of mine that uh wanted to party....It might be out on the uh water." he laughed...

"Ohhh Zig...I didn't know you had it going on like that.."said the one woman...

"That's just the thing...Most of you ladies don't realize how sexy and charming I am.." he said...

At this point,Monica burst out laughing and banged her fist on another table..

He turned and looked at her and smiled and then looked at me..

"You told your lady a joke?" he asked..

"Uhhh yeah..I'm uh always doing that."I said.

"Yeah well listen here...once you get em laughing...the panties just slide off....I'm tellin you..."he whispered in my ear....Now it was my turn to laugh....

"That's uh what I hear." I said...."Uh Mr. Higgenbottom?" I asked..

"Just call me Zig or the Zigster.."he said...

At this point,my partner...Monica was hysterical....The two girls he had been entertaining were laughing as well and they were all high fiving each other...

I have to admit..I found the entire thing hillarious myself..

I was still smiling when I pulled my badge out...

"I'm with Homicide....Can I talk to you in private a minute?  You can return to your party....This will only take a few minutes..."I said.  I showed him a photo of Marvin Zane...

He frowned and then got a sad look on his face...

"Marv....Marvelous Marv...He was my friend...I heard you guys found him floating in the river yesterday...damnnnnnn....I thought he drowned...."said Zig...

By now Monica had gotten herself together...She walked over to where we were talking..

He looked at her....

"You're a cop too?" he asked.

"Yes...I'm Detective Monica Talbert...This is my partner, Detective Nate Nellis..."she said.

"Ouuuuu you're a cutie...I'm sorry...I thought you were his girlfriend..." he said.

"I am his girlfriend...His fiance..."she said.

"Whattttttttttttttttttttt? And you two are partners too? Cool?" he said.

"When was the last time you saw Marvin?" she asked..

"Saturday.....He came to the harbor and had a coffee, some eggs,bacon and hash browns....We talked..About sports, girls...nothin heavy..He was in good spirits...He took these women out on the boat for their diving class like he usually did...and at 12:00, they all came back and they left..."He said.

"Was anybody with him? Anybody that didn't go on the dive?" I asked..

Zig thought for a moment...
"You know..Come to think about it...Yeah..There was...A woman..Built like a ship..lawd!  She had on a black body suit....Black skippers, Black Aviator shades and a Black Baseball cap...Had her hair in a ponytail...She was a blonde....He seemed to know her...They were here in the bar...Why?"he asked.

"Because somebody slipped a mickey in his beer...and somebody switched his tank..The one he used for the second dive...The one he went on after he was in the bar..."said Monica...

Zig looked horrified...

"He was murdered?? I thought his death was accidental drowning..."he said.

"I'm afraid not..."said Monica.

"Oh lord....I can't imagine why....The ladies loved that man...Ever since news of his death....Man you'd think a world leader died....Women been droppin flowers all over the harbor...cryin....shakin they heads...It's gonna be the same way when I go." he said.

Monica turned her head and laughed a little bit...

"Uh Mr. Higgenbottom where were you Saturday? I have to ask..."I said.

"Sure....After Marv went for his last dive....I was here in the bar until about five....I thought it was strange that Marv didn't come back...He usually did come back after his second and last dives,but not Saturday....After five I left...I hit a couple of bars in town and then I went home...and that's it man..Never saw Marv again." he said.

I patted him on the back....

"Thanks again Mr. Higgenbottom." I said.

"Please...I'm the Zigster Baby!"he said laughing....

By now Monica had stopped laughing...

Zig looked her up and down and smiled...

"You are one lucky man Detective Nellis...She's a cutie pie...." he said.

"Thank you sir..."she said.

"Sirr...??I'm the Zigster baby." he said laughing..."

"Okay  Zigster..."I said.

I smiled......

II-

Monica and I headed back to the precinct.....

We checked Zig Higgenbottom's financials....His credit and debit card charges backed up his whereabouts for the day......Which ruled him out as a suspect....

We checked the video from the bar for that day...

"Look Partner...There is Marvin entering the bar...." said Monica...

"Yeah and there is the woman...."I said.

''She's smart...Look..She sits away from the camera so that we can't get a direct look at her face..Want to make a bet that that is not her hair...That that's a wig?  And look...He gets up to go to the rest room..and look at this...She drops something in his draft beer....Got'cha ,shame we can't see her face..How cautious is she?" said Monica..

"How smart is she?" I said.

"Let's uh take a look at the port videos." I said.

"There she is....Look...She changed the tanks!!!...There it is right there partner!!!!!"said Monica who high fived me....
"That's the murder right there...." I said...

We jumped up like two children on Christmas Day.....

"But there is just one thing....We don't know who this woman is...."I said.

''We have to talk to some of his friends and associates...She's definitely someone out of his past...We'll get her."said Monica..

"I just love your optimism babes...You keep me going regardless of the situation,regardless of how hopeless it is...You were what I was always needing Mo-Mo....."I said..

"Awwww....that's so sweet....Stop it Nate...You always know how to get to me.." she said and hugged me..

III-
Meanwhile at our home... Monique and the Lieutenant were uh getting to each other in another way...

Lt. Cotton pulled Monique to him....He smiled....She smiled....They were both breathing heavy....

"You know..We are uh supposed to be having lunch..."she said..

"We are at lunch...We don't have to be eating..." he said...

"Ohhhh...Lieutenant...we are treading dangerous waters here.."she said....

"I know...but you know and I know that this moment was inevitable.."he said...

He continued kissing Monique passionately.....She was ready to take her clothes off and let him have her...He could sense it too!

He kissed her passionately..At first she was hesitant...then she returned his passion, kissing him passionately and closing her eyes...

"Ouuuuuuu...We are...ohhhhhh..dangerously close..."she said...

He kissed her again....

"I know.."he said and took his suit jacket off...

She untied his tie and he took his shirt off...

 He pulled her to him again..

They kissed passionately...His hands were up under her dress....He lifted her dress up over her head....

He marveled at her bra....It was beautiful..He unsnapped it and his eyes nearly rolled up in his head...

She unzippered his trousers...She pulled out his huge engorged penis and just marveled at his girth... She stroked it lightly....

He followed her into the bedroom and closed the door..

He slipped out of his trousers,socks and shoes and laid in the bed with her...

They kissed hungrily...

"Ohhhhhh...Ohhhh my god, I can't believe I'm doing this..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."she moaned..

"I can...Oh My god!!!....This is sooo damn good baby"he moaned as he slipped her panties down...and slipped a condom on...

He entered her warm and wet center and began moving in and out...He had never felt anyone so soft,so warm,so wet in his life....At that moment he understood why Nate was so hooked on Monica...

The bed began to squeak under their weight...The headboard slammed quietly against the wall...

Ten minutes of passionate kissing went by and both eased up and out of the embrace...

"What are we doing ?" she asked...

He didn't answer....He kissed her neck,her breasts, her lips..She moaned and kissed him passionately and they began making sweet love....The bed was squeaking like crazy.....Monique was actually embarrassed that her bed was making so much noise....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ohhh my god....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.."he moaned...as he continued to move in and out of her...the look on his face was one of pure joy...She smiled just knowing she was causing him so much pleasure...

One hour turned to three....They continued making sweet love...Monique had climaxed about three times already....The Lieutenant showed no sign of wanting to stop..but he had to...She had to get back to work..AND SO DID HE? She thought....

Monica told her that she often brought  me to orgasm by kissing and licking my neck and blowing softly into my ear....Monique began kissing the lieutenant's neck and licking it and blowing softly into his ear...and cooing...

"Do you like it baby? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you like it?"

"YESSSSSSSSSSS....OHHHHHHHHHH  YESSSSSSSSSS ,OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" he yelled as he exploded like a gusher..."Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!" he yelled....He had completely lost his cool exterior...She had never seen him like this before...She thought it was funny....His body stiffened up and he shook, which actually made her climax again....her mouth opened ,but no sound came out!!!She had an orgasm like she'd never felt before....

"OUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed lightly!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYY goddddddddddddddd!" he moaned, exploding one last time..

She stared at him after he pulled out...She was sooo glad he had used a condom...It seemed as if he had released an excess amount of sperm ..She smiled.....
 They took a slow hot shower together, just holding each other quietly.....Kissing softly as the hot soapy water ran down their bodies...

"I've never cum like that before in my life." he said...

She said nothing..She just smiled...Neither had she...He pulled her to him and kissed her long and hungrily as the hot water turned to cold water which caused him to cum again all down his legs...

 "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYY goddddddddddddddd!" he moaned, exploding in the shower..

"Oh Myyyyy."she said, giggling...

"Wowwwwwwwwwww!" he said....

He had parked his car in the garage....Away from the street and both of them had turned their phones and the GPS in them off....Something that was frustrating Detective Wally Becker ,who was trying to track them both back at the precinct...

Lieutenant Cotton had bought his girlfriend a new phone with a new number so that she couldn't get anymore texts.....The texts that Detective Becker was sending were all going to the old number, which naturally was sending back no responses....Something that was both confusing him and frustrating him..

IV-
About an hour later at the M.E.'s office-

"And so Sis, We got the murderer on video tape putting the drug in his beer at the bar and on the port switching the tanks...only thing is...We don't have a picture of her face .We are certain she is wearing a wig...but other than that...She's a mystery woman." said Monica..

"So you guys have actually solved your murder?..."asked Monique...


"Well kind of sort of...We have to find that woman..." I said.



Just then,Detective Wally Becker walked in...

"Hey Nate, Ladies...How is everybody?" he asked.

"We are fine Wally...We are close to cracking our murder case.."said Monica, hugging me.

 He smiled...He looked at Monique...

"And where were you young lady? I uh called you at 11:30 ..They told me you were out to lunch...That's a little early for lunch isn't it?" he said.

"What? Am I a suspect or something?   In case you didn't notice my title...I'm the Chief Medical Examiner...I can go to lunch whenever I please." she said...

"Yeah,but you didn't return until quarter of three....That was some lunch..." he said..

Monique was now annoyed with him..

"Okay Detective...You tell me where I was."she said smiling snidely....

Monica and I could sense the tension in the room..

"You weren't at any of the local restaurants around here...and you weren't at your house...Yet your car was here in the parking lot the entire time...Also...a certain Lieutenant was missing in that same time slot.....and he didn't return until around three o'clock."he said with a superior attitude..

"I give up...You're too smart for me...The Lieutenant and I went to a motel and slept together for the entire time...You got me."she said.

He sensed she was jiving...He hoped she was.He at first looked shocked..Then realizing he was being played ,he looked relieved....

"Look Wally if you want to know where I was ,why don't you just ask me?"she said.

"Alright...Where were you?" he asked..

"None of your business..." she said.

"But you said." he said.

"I said you could ask me..I didn't say I was going to tell you."she said.

I tried hard to hold back a smile...Monica did too...She turned her head...We didn't want him to know we were laughing at him...

Now he didn't know what to think..

"Uh Mo-Mo...Let's uh go follow a few leads in our uh case..."I whispered to her..

"Are you kidding Partner?? This is gettin good."said Monica ,laughing and obviously enjoying the whole thing...

"Any more questions Detective?" asked Monique...now obviously annoyed...

"Well uh...uh ruh...."he mumbled...

"Bye Detective!!!!...I have work to do...No...really....I'll talk to you later.."she said.


"Uh ,I uh suppose we should be going too."I said.

"No..I have tox reports to show you,from your victim." she said and stared hard at me...

I knew she had already shown us those reports yesterday...This was her way of saying that she didn't want us to go...Just him...

Monica knew it..She pinched me slightly...

"Yeah, let's see the official report....We need to log in those toxins." she said, which made me laugh...

Wally looked totally confused...He stood there for a minute and watched us looking at tox reports and writing paper work. He quietly walked out and got in his car...and drove off...

"You slept with the Lieutenant didn't you?" said Monica...

"Mo-Mo...It wasn't my idea!!!...I didn't plan it...but....Yes...We did!!!...and it was wonderful!!!...That man, that man has got me swooning...Oh my goodness...That Man is something else!!"she said dreamily....

"So are you guys a couple now or what?" asked Monica..

"I don't know what we are...Nothing was said ,Nothing was discussed.."she said.

Monica hugged her sister...

"Just be careful Siss, Duck and Cover Your heart..remember that..."said Monica..

"I will Siss..I will...I love you..." she said and kissed Monica on the cheek...

"Love you too girl."said Monica.



V-
Lt. Cotton called me into his office a few hours later....He motioned for me to close the door and sit down...

"What's up Lieutenant?" I said.

"Nate..I'll tell you so that you hear it from me first and not from someone else....I slept with your sister in law to be today." he said.


"I know....She told her sister when we were over at the M.E.'s office to get tox reports....We are close to closing this one by the way..We got the killer on videotape...We just got to find out who she is and where she is.."I said trying to change the subject and knowing that I couldn't.


"Good ,Good..You two do damn good work...I'm gonna try and get you guys some more money..."he said..."How is your future wifey with all of this? I mean none of this was planned..it uh just happened...It just happened...and damn...I'm glad it happened....That's some of the best....Well anyway...We did it and now there is the aftermath..." he said...

"You know Mo-Mo...She is choosing to stay out of it sir..She just told her to be careful...She considers this to be you and her sister's business..She thinks the world of you as a Mentor and a friend...She doesn't want to be in the middle of this."I said.

"She's good like that...I got to make some big decisions soon...I am kind of seeing someone...But damn man...I know how you must have felt after your first time with Mo-Mo...My goodness ,that girl blew my damn mind....I aint never had nothing quite like that before....I am like sprung...I knew it would be good like that..I knew it...damnnnn..."he said.  I  had never seen the Lieutenant like this before...He was sprung...Monique had really put something on him.

"Yeah that was pretty much my reaction after my first time with Mo-Mo...Both girls are kind of like the bomb in bed.....I mean ,I don't know about Monique...but I imagine if she's anything like her sister...she's mind blowing..."I said laughing...

"Yeah man, she is...LAWD! ....I got some heavy thinking to do...I knew...I didn't say nothin,but I knew you were going to wind up getting with Mo-Mo" he said...

"You did?" I said.

"Yeah...She liked you from day one...She tried to deny it...but I knew......She's turned down a lot of guys...but when you started working here...I knew it was different..The way you two complimented each other, the time you two spent together ,off the clock...I knew...." he said.

''Wow." I said.

"What am I gonna do Nate...Me and my actual girlfriend are practically on the outs...Thanks to whoever is sending her texts and spying on me and I'm..I'm like in a quandry about Monique.."he said..

This was the first time the Lieutenant and I had ever talked about anything other than cracking a homicide....I was guessing he was feeling very vulnerable...I felt very uncomfortable...Maybe he should have been having this conversation with Monica instead.

"Glad I'm not in your shoes man...I imagine that's heavy..." I said.

"It is...That damn Detective Wally Becker is always sniffing around ,trying to find out where everybody is...He needs a case to work on....He was or rather the young lady that's working in cahoots with him was asking where I was from 11:30-3:00....I told her I was at COMSTAT with the other Captains and Lieutenants.....I wasn't of course....but I called one of my friends over there who vouched for me..I think that will throw him off for awhile...He doesn't realize it..but he doesn't have a shot...HE's not even on her radar..."said the Lieutenant...

I laughed...but in reality ,Wally had a better shot with Monique than he did with Monica...Monique at least tolerates him...She finds him humorous...but doesn't take him serious.

''Well...It's quittin time Detective..I'll see you tomorrow..Go home to that cute fiance of yours..Good night Nate." he said.

"Good Night to you too sir." I said as I headed out...

Monica was at my car, waiting for me..

I leaned over and kissed her passionately for a few minutes....

She smiled...

"You're not going to ask where that was coming from?"I said.

"I don't have to...I already know...Without scanning your mind...You love me.."she said.

"Damn right."I said...

"And you want some tonight?" she said and smiled seductively...

"Right about that too."I said.

She smiled and rubbed my hands softly....

"The quicker you get us home, the quicker you can have it." she said and kissed me softly...


(TO BE CONTINUED)




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES AND BRA AT THE DAMN CEILING!

Swaggie said...

I knew it was just a matter of time before the Lieutenant got Monique..I knew it!

Toni said...

A very eye opening installment....

Angie B. said...

Not sure if this is the right move for Monique...She just ended a kind of relationship and now she's rebounding with the Lieutenant....Got a feeling she might be in for another heartbreak.

Sunflower said...

I saw all of this building up.

Vanessa said...

Love The Zigster.....Can't stand Becker....Why doesn't he just step off?

Lisa said...

Loving the Zigster,please have him come back....

Halo said...

Poor Detective Becker....He's wasting gas and energy chasing or trying to chaase Monique down and he's getting nowhere....He's striking out with both sisters..

Cheryl said...

Wow! This thing is escalating and I'm not talking about the murder they are investigating...

Turned Up said...

THis made me a little warm!