Friday, June 19, 2015

The Rape Chef


My wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander walked into the Seafood Bistro, Davey Jones's Locker... To her surprise the place was empty...It had started to rain....She hadn't bothered to bring an umbrella.

"Hello...Anybody here?" she asked..

Vinnie Halibut walked out...He was wearing white linen slacks, a white linen top and black sandals....He had a very fresh smelling fragrance on and a bottle of his establishment's finest wine with him...

''Sit down Mrs. isn't it? Mrs. Alexander." he said. Olivia was used to the salacious look he had in his eyes and the way he was checking her out...After all...I was always looking at her like that...

"I see it's raining outside...you forgot your umbrella.....That's okay...I'll warm you up and help you dry off..Heh heh heh..Anybody tell you you have some sexy legs?"he laughed..

"Why did you call me here Mr. Halibut? I was under the impression Mr. Blatt called this meeting..."she said ignoring his compliment..

He ignored her ,put two glasses on the table and poured two glasses of wine..

''Do you drink wine?" he asked.

"Occassionally....That's more my husband's thing..."she said.

"Let's not talk about him now...Let's talk about me and you.." he said laughing...

"Mr. Halibut...You do realize that I represent the young lady who is accusing you of sexually assaulting her and that me being here with you is a conflict of interest right?"

"Come on now...That's business...Let's not talk business....Let's talk pleasure...This is a friendly meeting...I want to be friends...Perhaps when this is all over you and I could uh get together you know?Have some drinks...Maybe slip off to AC or New York...Because the truth be told..I haven't been able to get my mind off of you since I saw you in court the other day...I find you very attractive and I think we, you and I could make very beautiful music together.."he said smiling...

"I don't think my husband would like that."said Olivia, turning to leave..

"Well he doesn't have to know.." he laughed...

"You're out of your mind....I'm leaving....besides, it's raining and I have to run to my car.."said Olivia..

"I'm not finished talking my dear....Let me grab you an umbrella." he said.

"That's okay.I'm finished talking to you."said Olivia..

He grabbed her arm...

"I'm not accustomed to women walking away from me when I'm still talking to them." he said firmly...

Olivia removed her arm from his grip...

"Get used to it.." she said.

He blocked the door...

"You're a feisty one..I like that."he laughed...

"I LIKE IT TOO!!!..THAT'S WHY I MARRIED HER!" I said and pushed the door open.

He was stunned..!!!!
I gripped him up in his collar and slammed him up against the wall..It knocked the air out of him...

''D.R...Chill,Don't hit him.."said Beverly calmly..She grabbed my arm....I didn't want to upset her...

I eased my grip ,but continued to stare at him...
Beverly walked in just then....with two umbrellas...

"Of all the defendents I've ever seen....None were as stupid as you...Trying to assault the opposing attorney?? Really dude? They ought to call you the rape chef" she said..

He frowned and gave her a baleful stare...

"I would call your lawyer...and tell him about this stunt you just pulled...but I don't think I can contain my laughter right now....Goodbye Mr. Halibut....Or is it Angler?" said Olivia as we walked out of his restaurant....

"Nice joint...but I suppose we uh won't be visiting here will we Livy?" I asked.
"I seriously doubt that...What an arrogant jerk...Did you get all of that Bev?" asked Olivia..She was wearing a wire in her bra....

"Every arrogant psuedo seductive word Auntay."laughed Beverly....

"I can't wait to get him in court tomorrow....He's toast." said Olivia.

Vincent Halibut grabbed his neck and caught his breath...He was as red as a beet....He stomped his foot like a petulant child and marched off..

II-

About three hours later, a Philadelphia Policeman drove up to our Duplex Office...

Olivia answered the door...

"May I help you officer?" she asked..

"Does a Donnie Ray Alexander live here?" asked the officer...

"That's my husband...Why?" she asked..

"Mr. Vincenzo Halibut says that your husband assaulted him a few hours ago...He has swore out a complaint.." said the officer...

I smiled..

"He tried to assault my wife..."I said.

The police officer looked at Olivia...

"Is this true mam?" he asked..

"Yes it is...He called me to a meeting under false pretenses...I'm an attorney and I represent a young woman who is currently suing him...I thought it was a meeting with him and his attorney,only he was the only one there..and he wouldn't let me leave.."said Olivia..

"Here officer...we recorded the entire meeting...My Auntay was wearing a wire..."said Beverly who played the exchange for him...

''Sit down Mrs. isn't it? Mrs. Alexander." he said. Olivia was used to the salacious look he had in his eyes and the way he was checking her out...After all...I was always looking at her like that...

"Why did you call me here Mr. Halibut? I was under the impression Mr. Blatt called this meeting..."she said.

''Do you drink wine?" he asked.

"Occassionally....That's more my husband's thing..."she said.

"Let's not talk about him now...Let's talk about me and you.." he said laughing...

"Mr. Halibut...You do realize that I represent the young lady who is accusing you of sexually assaulting her and that me being here with you is a conflict of interest right?"

"Come on now...That's business...Let's not talk business....Let's talk pleasure...This is a friendly gathering...I want to be friends...Perhaps when this is all over you and I could uh get together you know?Have some drinks...Maybe slip off to AC or New York...Because the truth be told..I haven't been able to get my mind off of you since I saw you in court the other day...I find you very attractive and I think we, you and I could make very beautiful music together.."he said smiling...

"I don't think my husband would like that."said Olivia, turning to leave..

He grabbed her arm...


"I'm not accustomed to women walking away from me when I'm still talking to them." he said firmly...

Olivia removed her arm...

"Get used to it.." she said.

He blocked the door...

"You're a feisty one..I like that."he laughed...

"I LIKE IT TOO..THAT'S WHY I MARRIED HER!" I said.

(Click!)

"The uh alleged assault happened after that." I said.

The police officer laughed...

"I uh perfectly understand....uh mam, do you want to press charges against Mr. Halibut?" asked the officer..

"No...He's going to have enough trouble in court tomorrow.."said Olivia.

The Officer laughed...

"I'll just bet he will...Goodnight people." he said and got back in the patrol car with his partner and pulled off..

"This guy is off the hook..." said Beverly...

"He sounds drawn.....Like he doesn't care if he's making his case worse."said Josie..

"He doesn't think he can lose...He's used to winning all the time.."said Olivia..

The doorbell rang again...This time it was Raquel...

"Hi Bev, Ms. Olivia, Donnie Ray and Josie." said Raquel....

"Hey Rock"said Beverly...


"Vinnie Halibut sent two dozen roses to my new apartment today...He apologized for what he did to me, told me I could have my job back and asked me to marry him..If I drop the charges, Can you believe that?" she asked...

"Oh My God...He really is crazy isn't he?" asked Olivia...

"That's not the problem....Of course I told him to get lost....but my dad has now found out...I think he's going to do something rash...You guys have got to help me find him before he does something stupid...Sweet but stupid..."she said.

III-
Ralph Scallion walked quietly into Davey Jones's Locker....He smiled at the waitresses and waiters....He inquired about the owner...

He was told...

"Oh uh, he's in the back...." by a young bus boy...

Ralph smiled...

He walked in the back...

Vinnie Halibit had a young girl bent over the table and was about to slip her panties down when Ralph put his .38 smokeless to his temple..

"Mr. Halibut please...please...You don't have to do this.."she pleaded...

"But I do...You've been walking around here turning me on for about a month now..I have to do something about that...You don't want me to strain myself do you?" he asked nearly salivating....

"Tuck it back in loverboy and let the girl go..."said Ralph, cocking his pistol....

The young girl broke free...pulled her panties up and her dress down and said to Ralph...

"Oh thank you so much sir.."and ran for all she was worth...

"Who..Who are youu?" asked Vinnie Halibut...

"I'm a father you rat bastard...Raquel's father!"said Ralph..

"Wait ...Wait...I can explain...." he said..now frightened...

"I'm listening..."said Ralph Scallion...

What Ralph didn't see was Vinnie grab a pile of special seasoning and toss it in his face...Ralph's eyes began to water and he began to sneeze.....Vinnie grabbed his hand with the gun and wrestled with Ralph....The two men wrestled and Ralph's gun went off!!

The sound reverberated outside ,just as Olivia ,Beverly,Raquel and I were getting out of the car...

I got in between the two of them.....

"It's okay Ralph....I got this...."I said ,as I confiscated the gun.... ''I'll give this back to you ,after you've calmed down." I said.

Vinnie Halibut was sweating...

"He tried to kill me..." he said.

"Not that you don't deserve it."I said giving him a baleful stare...

"You raped my daughter you creep...."said Ralph Scallion...

"It's alright Ralph...after we get finished with him...He won't rape another girl..." said Olivia..


"That's for sure.." said Beverly.

Vinnie Halibut looked at Beverly and smiled..

"My....My ...My ...I remember you...you were here earlier...are you Mrs. Alexander's sister?" he asked smiling salaciously...

"I'm her niece and I'm the other attorney  in the case...so don't even try it." said Beverly...

"I idolized you....I thought you were a great man....You're a creep."said Raquel....

"Come on....Let's get out of here." I said.

Vinnie Halibut just stood and stared.

IV-
The trial was a total disaster for Attorney Morris Blatt.....We had DNA evidence from his client that matched the rape kit evidence and evidence that he had impregnated Raquel  (who had recently had an abortion)...To dispute his claim that he and Raquel were at his condo on the night in question we had video footage from the street cam outside his condo that did not show her anywhere near her condo...and while the cameras in his bistro might not have been working, the street cam on the docks near his restaraunt showed him leaving right after the alleged attack, fixing his clothes....
Nelson's eyewitness testimony further damaged their case and Olivia's tape of him propositioning her sexually and then trying to keep her from leaving further damaged their case....Morris Blatt looked like he could have gone through the floor.....

Vincenzo Halibut appeared in court everyday of the five day trial,signing autographs,passing out his new book and doing photo ops with fans and a throng of reporters....but none of this swayed the jurors after they heard and saw everything against him.... Social Media and the traditional media was killing him...He was now being referred to as the "Rape Chef" Memes and jokes about him flooded the airwaves. I told Beverly she should copyright that term since she used it first.

It took the jury little over 30 minutes to rule in Raquel's favor, granting her  2.5 million dollars in damages plus a percentage of ownership of his Seafood Bistro...Davey Jones's Locker...

Vincenzo Halibut was both surprised and incensed....He was used to his brilliant attorney Morris Blatt making these things "go away"...either he'd dig up dirt on the person and convince them to drop the charges or he'd pay them off or he'd flat out win in court.....This time ,he was able to do none of that....This time...Vincenzo Halibut's womanizing had caught up to him.....

"I am both surprized an incensed...I will appeal these scandalous allegations...The truth will come out." he said...But he never did.

The settlement was nothing, compared to the international embarrassment Vinnie Halibit faced afterwords...His Television show was cancelled a month later and the sale of his two books dropped considerably... He eventually was forced to sell Davy Jones's Locker to another businessman....who bought Raquel out ,paying her a hefty asking price....

He fired Morris Blatt as his attorney and quietly left town....He went to Mexico.

"Well Ralph, Raquel....With the money from the settlement you won...you can buy your own restaurant now..."said Olivia...

"Liv, Bev, Donnie Ray...I'm just glad this is over...glad that creep won't rape another woman...and he's been exposed..."said Raquel..

"Let's not talk about him...Let's go get some Oysters and Brews, to celebrate...On Me." said Beverly...

"Come on Ralph...Rock...If Shortcake is buying...You don't want to miss this...In fact Mark it down on your calender."I joked..

"Oh Hush up D.R." laughed Beverly....

"Ummm Oysters....You know that's an aphrodisiac don't you?" said Nelson ,kissing Beverly softly...

''She knows" laughed Olivia...

We all laughed.....as we left the courthouse...

EPILOUGE-

Vincenzo Halibut didn't fare well...He was found shot to death in Mexico City a year later...a pair of panties were stuffed in his mouth and a bra was wrapped around his neck....His murder remains unsolved.....

Perhaps his womanizing had finally gotten the best of him.....

But this night...was a night for friends...

Olivia,Beverly ,Nelson and I called Josie and her boyfriend ,Paris  and our friends...Celeste Tate and Soloman Foster and we had Oysters and Micro brew beers at the Oyster House...Ralph Scallion and his daughter,Raquel decided not to join us...They just wanted to go home after the ordeal...We understood.


We were having a great time....We even saw Attorney Morris Blatt and invited him to join us to show him there was no hard feelings...

"No Hard feelings Mr. Blatt..." I said.

"None taken...Not to take away the great work you guys did..but let's face it...I had a handicap."said Morris Blatt..

''What Handicap?" asked Olivia.

"I had a damn fool for a client...he practically gave you the case....If I ever face you again Liv...It'll be much different..I promise you." said Morris Blatt...

"That goes without saying Mr. Blatt." said Olivia...

"Morris please. Mister Blatt was my dad!" he said.. He was introspective for a moment then he spoke...

"I was his father's lawyer for years....Junior was a spoiled brat...His parents doted on him and never made him responsible for anything....His old man asked me to look after him on his death bed..I promised him I would...I've cleaned up his messes for years....Abortions, drugs...He just can't keep his hands off of the women and he can't take no for an answer...Well...This time it caught up with him...I'm not sure he's still accepted that he's done anything wrong...He'll never learn...I won't be around to clean up his messes anymore....but...enough about Vinnie...A toast....to new beginnings."he said and raised his glass...

We all raised our glasses of beer and toasted the end of yet another case..

A small rain shower began to pour outside as we  sat inside and drank our beers and enjoyed our oysters...

 Ironic!




11 comments:

Toni said...

The unmitigated nerve and gaul of that guy...He was actually going to rape/seduce Olivia..the opposing attorney??How stupid was that? And when he couldn't get his way he called the police and trumped up charges against Donnie Ray?? OMG! He got just what he deserved in the end!

Angie B. said...

GREAT STORY KEITH! GLAD THAT JUSTICE WAS SERVED!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Donnie Ray is a better man than me..I would have cut him!

Swaggie said...

You should have let Ralph Scallion shoot him and then have Livy and Bev defend him and get him off! LOL!

Sunflower said...

I knew that Ralph wasn't going to kill him...I was at least hoping he wouldn't...Good Story Keith as usual!

Halo said...

Another good story Keith...That man was a trip!

Lisa said...

Vinnie Halibut's death was poetic...Loved it!

Vanessa said...

Good story and nice ending...I like how all of the lawyers get together after a big case ,regardless of who wins...They don't take these cases personal.

George S. said...

Sometimes they don't...It like everything else depends on the people and the circumstances!

Brenda said...

Good story and like someone else said...Poetic ending.

Rita said...

Good story...This guy obviously suffered from sexual addiction...He should've gotten some help...a long time ago.