Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pregnant Pause

THREE WEEKS LATER-

Beverly drove up to the apartment complex....She rang the doorbell....She waited for five minutes...She was getting ready to turn around and leave when Raquel answered the door..

"Hi Bev...I'm so glad you came...I know you're mad....I don't blame you....I never called your aunt back..." said Raquel...

"I'm not mad at you Rock...I understand completely...Like I told you...I've been there...I know how you feel.."said Beverly...

"I can't believe somebody raped you....I-I-I mean you have always been so strong willed...You used to terrify so many of the guys in the neighborhood with your smart mouth back in the day.."said Raquel..

"I know right?"laughed Beverly....."I was raped by an older man...A man older than my father..He was famous and he was smooth....I was a young girl, still not wise to all the ways of the world and men and he took advantage of me..drugged me..." said Beverly...

"Oh wow Bev...I'm so sorry..." said Raquel...."Excuse me" she said and ran into the bathroom...

Beverly heard what sounded like throwing up...Then she heard the toilet flush....She heard water running afterwords...

"Bev...this is why I called you here.....I-I-I'm pregnant!!!!!" said Raquel....

"What? Oh My God!!! Is it...Is it His?" asked Beverly....

"Yeah...I haven't been near a guy since he ...since he...you know.."said Raquel...

"You gonna ...you gonna have it?" asked Beverly....

"No....Noo way....I'm ready to go see your aunt....I'm not going to let him get away with this.." said Raquel..

"Okay...." said Beverly...

''Some things you should know....He pays the rent on this complex....When I first started working for him...He put me up in this apartment complex and paid my first six months rent.. I was so naive...I didn't know that he thought that that was a license for him to have me sexually.."said Raquel...

"You know you can't stay here right? and you know that if you sue him that that is probably the end of your employment..I'm just warning you of what you're in for." said Beverly...

"I know and I've already packed....and told the landlord of my intention to move out...I'm moving in with one of my girlfriends.."said Raquel...

"I hate to ask you this Rock...But have you been sexually active with any other guys?" asked Beverly..

"Yeah...I was seeing one of the cooks at my father's restaurant...but that ended after six months...and I dated a guy that used to come into the bistro for a short while...but that ended after a short while..I haven't been with either of these guys in a long while...No way he could put this on them."said Raquel..

"Okay Rock...Just make sure you tell us everything...Auntay doesn't like surprises..."said Beverly.

II-

Olivia was sitting on my lap sipping coffee on this day.....

"Donnie Rayyyy, you're going to have to let me get up and do some work....I can't sit on your lap all day baby." she said.

"Yeah...I suppose you're right...but I've just been enjoying this so much." I laughed...

''Awwww..I know...but mama has to do some work." she said with a fake pout.

Just as Olivia was getting up...our office manager, Josie walked into our office area...

"Bev is here with Rock." she said.

"Really?  Okay, send her in." said Olivia...

Beverly and Raquel walked in...



Raquel looked at Olivia and held her head down...

"I'm sorry Ms.Liv...I should have contacted you sooner...but ..well here I am... I'm not going to let him get away with this..."she said.

"Good For you...." I said.

"Tell her Rock.."said Beverly softly....
''Tell me what?" asked Olivia softly..
"Ms. Olivia....I'm pregnant!" she said.

III-
Attorney Walter Blatt looked at the BMW at the dealership....He smiled at the salesman and said...

"I'll take it."

He then looked at his client, Vincenzo Halibit and smiled..

''What do you think?" he said.

"It looks nice..." he said dryly...

"It's better than nice..and when I get my name monogrammed on the side of it...Why the babes will just be tossing their panties at me before I open the door.."said the wiley
attorney.

"How nice for you." said Vincenzo Halibit...

"Why are you in such a sour mood today?" asked Blatt...

"A couple of weeks ago uh..I was a little drunk..and uh ruh..I may have uh went overboard with one of my uh employees and I might be in a little trouble..She hasn't been to work in three weeks and she moved out of the apartment complex ,I was paying for her to stay in." said Vincenzo Halibut.

"Ohhhh, WHAT?? You and the broads again??...This is what, the third time now Vinnie..??? You need to see a shrink..You can't keep doing this..One of these days your luck is going to run out.."said William Blatt.

"Uh Excuse me Mr. Blatt...Everytime you buy one of these fancy BMW's ,remember...it's me that is really putting the money in your pockets to have one of these cars.." said Vincenzo Halibut...

"I know Vinnie...but look...You don't have to do this...You're famous..You got a television show..You're one of the most famous chefs in the world..You're young, reasonably handsome, you got dough...You can have any woman you want...Why do you force yourself on these girls? What is wrong with you?" he asked.

"I don't know...I was drunk and I-I am so attracted to this woman...I couldn't help myself..I accidentally walked into the dressing room...She's in there in just her panties and bra and my hormones and the alcohol got the best of me I suppose."said Vincenzo
Halibut...

"Oh you just accidentally went in the ladies dressing room when she was in there right?  Don't hand me that crap Vinnie..I know you...So you haven't seen the girl in three weeks. huh?" he asked.

"No...and she's moved out of the apartment complex I was paying for.." he said.

"Okay...well...she was living in a place you were paying for...It was consensual, you guys had a relationship...That's the story we will tell if she makes a stink...If she works for you, She probably will have some young inexperienced lawyer if she goes that route...You haven't been arrested so I doubt she went to the cops...It's been three weeks....Relax..I got it covered...but after I get you off...Get some help...I mean it Vince..Get some damn help...One of these days..this is gonna go all wrong for you." he said.

Just then I walked up on him...

"Gentlemen...Allow me to introduce myself....I'm Donnie Ray Alexander...I'm an investigator for the law firm of Alexander and West...You Mr. Halibut are being sued
for work place harrassment and sexual assault by Ms. Raquel Scallion.."I said.

I passed him a summons...His lawyer,William Blatt took the paper from him...

"You're an investigator huh? Who do you work for again?" he asked.

"Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander, that's my wife and her niece, Attorney Beverly West..."I said.

He scratched his hair...

"Your wife?? She used to be a Public Defender?? Then she worked for a private firm downtown??" he asked..

"That would be her.." I said.

He frowned...

"Damn...She went and got herself a good attorney....Vinnie...I told you one day this would go bad for you...Today is that day idiot...." He then turned and looked at me..

"Okay...Tell Olivia....We'll meet with her in her office tomorrow." he said.

''Will do buddy."I said and gave Vincenzo Halibut the serious side eye as I walked to my car and got in...

IV-
 "Olivia...Bev...The DNA is a match...."said Dr. Hazel Hunter-Baylor...

"We got him!" said Beverly...

''No we don't..We know that she is pregnant by the last person she had sex with...Without a sample of  Vinnie Halibut's DNA...We have nothing....and he doesn't have to supply his DNA..."said Olivia..


"Your Aunt is right Beverly....I need a sample of his DNA.."said Hazel....

"I can help you with that"I said and produced a plastic bag....

''I served Vinnie Boy and his lawyer Mr. Walter Blatt today at the car dealership....Vinnie was drinking a tumbler of coffee which he tossed in the trash ...After they left...I collected it in this baggie."I said.

Olivia smiled...

"Hazel,did I tell you that I love my husband???..."said Olivia...

"As well you should...Hahahahaha...Well with that tumbler....I can extract saliva....If it's a match..we got him cold as my husband ,Duke would say." laughed Hazel...

"Did I hear you say Walter Blatt? Walter Blatt is his lawyer?" asked Olivia..

"Yeah...you know him???   Of course you do.." I said.

"D.R. I know him....He's kind of like a legend amongst attorneys in this city...Very flamboyant...but very good."said Beverly..


"Yes...He's very good...Very well heeled.....very tenacious...I've never had the pleasure of going up against him...but I've seen him in action....He's like a pirahna...very vicious...no holds barred..."said Olivia..

"Oh My God."said Raquel...

"But so am I."said Olivia...

"Me too!" said Beverly.

Raquel looked at all of us and for the first time in a long time...She smiled..Hope will do that for you!

(TO BE CONTINUED)



11 comments:

Swaggie said...

She's a kept woman...No longer dude thought he owned the booty...She's living rent free in one of his apartment complexes and working for him...

Toni said...

Meaning What? That doesn't give him the right to violate her!

Swaggie said...

You're right..It doesn't...But this just explains things a little more...Plus, they had dated a couple of times...So he thought he was due!

Angie B. said...

Still don't buy that...That doesn't make him due anything...Except a thank you!

Sunflower said...

She was guilty of being Niaeve...but that still didn't give him the right to rape her...Under no circumstances and by no means!

Vanessa said...

She's living in an apartment complex that her boss pays for lock ,stock and barrell..She's dated him and he's been all hands...She's had to fight him off...and she's being paid top dollar as a chef in his establishment..She had to know that eventually things were going to get worse and escalate to this..She should have nipped a lot of this in the bud..Like turned down the paid for living quarters, refused to date him....That's her boss..That's not cool....

Was he right to rape her? Hell No! But she was wrong to accept all of the perks that came with her working there...That's just my two cents!

Lisa said...

I have to co-sign with Vanessa on this....She took all of these perks on and he gave her several signals that he was more than occassionally interested in her...She knew....Shame this had to happen to her..and now she's pregnant!! I hope Olivia can get her out of this...But she should have and could have nipped this in the bud!

Halo said...

I feel so sorry for Rock...What a arrogant and lousy creep!

Cheryl said...

Hopefully this guy gets the justice he so surely deserves!

Rita said...

I hope people on here are not defending this creep and saying it was this girl's fault that she got raped and now is pregnant by this creep...

Brenda said...

Rita,Nobody is saying that...They're just saying that maybe Roquel could have done something to avoid this!