Friday, June 12, 2015

The Oldest Motive

24 HOURS LATER-

An unmarked Black Van being driven by Detective Tony Hopkins , With Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow riding shotgun and Detective Tyriq Pile and FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge ,Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins in the back eased into Dover Air Force Base...



 It contained prisoners... Yolanda "Raven "Day, Charlotte "Blaze" Carter and Yvonne "Vixen " Young..
all handcuffed and wearing Kevlar vests and trauma plates as were Hop,Jimmy,Rico and Sharon....

Behind it was a 2012 White Escalade.....I was driving....Riding with me was Lt. Sissy Van Buren, Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor, my wife, Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace and Detective Sirena Pile..
We all had on Kevlar and trauma plates as well....Duke had an M16 Sniper rifle with him...Carlotta had a riot pump shotgun....Sissy and Sirena had their glocks.....

We had spirited our three suspects out of federal lock up early in the morning...under the cover of night and driven them to Dover Air Force Base in Deleware where they would be held in military lock up until their trial...For their safety.... One suspect had already been murdered...We didn't plan to lose any more.

Outside of their attorneys who were sworn to secrecy...Only the people in these two cars knew where they were going...

They were being charged with the 12 jewelry heists and a car theft.....That was it...I was not going to pursue murder charges against them....All of us were certain that they didn't commit the murder of Vinnie Gilligan...but we didn't make that public..

The three suspects were very well behaved and very thankful that we were moving them to military lock up where they would be safe...

Whoever had had Bobby Day killed wasn't going to stop at him...he or whoever would strike again to make sure that his identity would never be revealed..

II-
A DAY LATER-

FBI Deputy SAC Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins sat at the table with Detective Ray Slaughter and finished her third beer....They were in a tony new Bistro and Bar....

"Considering some of the things I've heard about you....I was really surprised when you invited me here to talk with you and have drinks.." said Sharon...

Detective Slaughter smiled..

"I have had my differences with several detectives...including some that you work with....but I'm not really a bad guy and I've never had a problem with the bureau....Never..I respect you guys and your professionalism."he said.

"Oh you do huh?" she said.

"Yeah...I do." he said..."I uh understand you're married to one of the detectives....uh Tony Hopkins right?  I remember when he was a patrolman...He's a detective now...How did you two hook up?" he asked.

"Tony and I and Detective Rodriguez grew up together .....on the same block, went to school together.."she said.

"Ahhhhh I see...Seems everybody in that unit has some kind of connection... Jimmy and Carlotta were tight when we were in the academy..I thought those two were an item at one time..but she's married to the ADA and he's married to some Internal Affairs detective...and Tyriq and Sirena Pile are married to each other and Duke and the coroner are married...Pretty nice hook ups.." he laughed..

"So what is this about Ray? You're not trying to date me and before tonight, you've never said two words to me..." asked Sharon...

"Those three babes..involved in that uh Jewelry heist...You guys caught em...You did good work...They over at Valhalla?" he asked..

"Nope...They're in federal custody..." she said.

"The courthouse lock up?" he asked..

"Why are you interested in where they are...The case is over...It's closed..."said Sharon...

"Well uh you guys still have that murder.. and from what I'm hearing...Wallace isn't planning to charge any of them with murder...I don't know why...It's clear they did it...He walked up on them." he said.

Sharon leaned over and whispered to him...

"I shouldn't be telling you this...but we have proof that they didn't commit the murder." she said.

"YOU DO?? ,I mean uh you do?" he said.

"Yes...we have proof that they were long gone by the time our vic got there..but I can't go into anymore details.."she said.

"Aww come on...Cop to cop.."he said.

"Why are you so interested in the murder? That wouldn't be your area anyway...You're robbery and I understand you're not even in Robbery-Homicide...You're back in Narcotics aren't you?..." she asked..

His entire mood changed.. He was quiet....

He paid for their beers....Then he got up...

"See you around Agent Hopkins." he said and stomped his foot in anger and stormed out...

Sharon allowed a wry smile to cross her face...

III-

ONE WEEK LATER!-
Carlotta and Sirena were enjoying lunch at Sam Mother's Diner when they noticed Gina Slaughter, the fiance of the slain Vinnie Gilligan sitting a few seats from them having a heated discussion with Detective Ray Slaughter...

"Ray, forget it....We were married for ten years, ten of the worst years of my life....Why in hell would I want to get back with you?" she said...

Both Carlotta and Sirena's mouths flew wide open...

"Look..I've changed...I'm different now....I'm thinkin about leavin the department...leavin Philly..We could start over again, somewhere else.." he said...

"I'm still grieving Vince.....Now that was the man I was gonna start over with.."she said.

He slammed his fist on the table ,shaking it...

"HE was a gangster...a bum!" he said.

"He treated me like a lady, he listened to me.He was attentive to me RAY!  In every way that you weren't! I loved Vinnie ,RAY!" she said.

Again,  He slammed his fist on the table ,shaking it...

"Well he's gone now...that's for damn sure...He can't pay attention to you anymore can he?" said Ray.

"I bet you leaped for joy when you heard he was murdered didn't you?.....If the cops hadn't of caught that stick up crew that murdered him I would have sworn that you had something to do with it." she said and got up and stormed out of the diner...

And once again,  Ray slammed his fist on the table ,shaking it...Causing the patrons to turn around..

"Hey Ray Knock it the hell off!!!!." said Sam Mother...

"Don't push me today Sam....Don't push me!" said Ray who got up and stormed out....

Sirena looked at Carlotta...

"AWWWWWWWW SUKI SUKI NOW!" she said.


"Or as you also say...This is where it gets cute!" laughed Carlotta.

IV-


Detective Sgt. Danny Ho, Lt.Sissy Van Buren and I , with three uniformed officers walked into the squad room at Narcotics....

A Black female detective said to Detective Ray Slaughter...

''You really are an asshole." she said angrilly as she slammed what looked like a report down on the table and stormed off...

Ray Slaughter smirked...

"That's what they tell me." he said laughing...He looked up in time to see us....

"Sergeant Ho." he said.

"Making new friends already Ray?"

"What brings you here Sarge and her and the ADA?" he asked...

Danny Ho looked at me and Sissy...

"You want to tell him?" he asked..

''Sissy ,you do the honors baby!" I said.

"You know...My detectives came to you in good faith...to help you with that Jewelry heist crew a few weeks ago and you practically laughed in their faces." said Sissy...

"Awww I guess they want an apology...Did I hurt their feelins?" he said snidely...

Sissy smiled...

"Not as bad as yours are about to be hurt....See my detectives...Sirena Pile, you know her don't you? and Duke Baylor and my rookie detective...Tony Hopkins took another look at the traffic cam film from the 12th heist.....Guess who we saw arriving two hours before the robbery and about a half hour after the robbery?  We saw you Ray and we got the plate number from your car on the traffic cam.....We missed you before because we weren't looking for you....You made that crew weeks ago...You had my guys start from scratch ,when all along, you knew who they were...You also put Bobby Day on to Vinnie G. knowing that he and his girls couldn't resist what was the biggest payday of their spree...and then you texted him ,telling him his place was being robbed...Knowing he'd rush back....The girls were long gone..but you were there...hiding.....and you shot him twice...killed him.."said Sissy...

 "Nice story...but you got no proof, all you got is me leaving the scene of a robbery, something I was supposed to be doing...I was a Robbery-Homicide detective right?" he said.

"You're also leaving a murder scene and you had Bobby Day killed because he was the only one of this crew who had seen you and who actually knew who you were."said Sissy..

"Have fun tryin to prove that!" he laughed.
"That's just the thing Ray...We'll never be able to prove you had Bobby Day killed, but my other detectives...The pretty Puerto Rican girl, Carlotta, whose accent you imitated and mocked....and her partner, Tyriq Pile, whose hands you wouldn't even shake and Jimmy Barlow, who you know,but don't care much for right? Isn't that what you said?" asked Sissy.

''What about em?" he asked dryly
"Well guess what? They found your gun and the silencer and they got a ballistics match off of the gun and your prints.....Our Forensic Investigator, Dr. Hazel Baylor is pretty damn good.."said Sissy.

Now for the first time, Sissy had his attention...He looked worried.

"Guess where they found the gun?? In your locker...wrapped up..Imagine that?  Oh and one other thing...Raven Day, never laid eyes on you, but she gave us your name...Her husband told her you were a Robbery Detective....She remembered that much....Isn't that why you took an FBI agent out for drinks last week? Hoping you'd find out where the girls were being held?? We know it all...So it's over Ray...We got you...You're under arrest for the murder of Vinnie G.  You killed him for the oldest motive known to man...Jealousy!  He was with your ex-wife, who you wanted back. Gun and badge please." said Sissy..

He smiled...He tossed his badge on the table...

"You know what will happen to me?  A Cop? In the joint?? Uh Uh..I aint goin out like that." he said..He pulled his service revolver....

"SLAUGHTER NO!!" I said.

"RAYYY, STAND DOWN MAN!" said Danny Ho...

He put his gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.....It jammed!!!!....

Danny Ho snatched it from him....The two officers handcuffed him....


"Damn Ray,Couldn't even kill yourself!!!.....Not your day huh?" I said.

He looked at me and smiled....

"Damn sure aint.." he said as they led him out of the precinct....All of the detectives and a few uniforms clapped and whistled...He was not a well liked man...

''Lord...I thought we were going to have to call Hazel.."said Sissy...

''Glad you didn't....Looks like this case has finally gone to bed.Thanks again guys for all your help.He was a very brilliant,gifted and intuitive detective...but such an asshole.."said Danny Ho...

"Maybe what made him a great detective is also what made him an asshole..Goodbye Danny...Don't be a stranger." said Sissy as she and I headed back to headquarters..

''Bye Siss."said Danny Ho.


"You uh want to stop and grab a couple of cold ones Lieutenant?" I asked Sissy...

"Counselor...You read my mind..."Laughed Sissy...She looked at me....

"Keith, I've got some.....   damn good detectives don't I?" she said.

"Yes you do...and they are good people as well..."I said.

"Yes....They are aren't they." she said smiling.

EPILOUGE-


Yolanda "Raven" Day, Charlotte "Blaze" Carter and Yvonne 'Vixen" Young were convicted of the twelve jewelry heists and auto theft and sentenced to 5-10 years...all three were paroled within six years...

Ray Slaughter was convicted of First Degree Murder and sentenced to Life...He is held in protective custody..He was right about being an ex-cop and being in prison with a lot of guys he sent there...His life is threatened daily...
I watched my wife Carlotta do Yoga at Penns landing on a quiet Saturday....She smiled as I watched attentively....


"Papi, why are you staring at me?" she asked smiling innocently...

"You look good in tights...doing that uh yoga thing." I said...

"Yoga focuses me...makes me re center my energy.."she said with a smile..

"I know what I'd like to re center." I whispered in her ear, and still looking at her salaciously...

"Ouuuuu, that sounds inviting.." she said laughing...

"There's a hotel not far from here." I said..

"A hotel? We have a home.." she said.

"I don't think I can wait." I said...

"Aye caramba... you are such a horny man."she said laughing....

Carlotta and I were sitting in a hotel room kissing passionately...and taking each others clothes clothes off...

Standing in the middle of the floor ,naked, kissing each other passionately fondling each other to the point of near insanity and finally crashing upon the bed.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye papi..." she moaned...

"Dammmn Carlotta...I couldn't wait..."I moaned as I hungrily kissed and slobbered over her breasts and kissed her neck, her cheek, her eyelids and finally her lips...She giggled like a school girl the entire time...

"Ouuuuuuuu aye mios dios papi...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned...

I entered her soft, wet and moist and warm center and we slowly at first but rapidly began to make sweet love on the bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.."

The bed began to squeak like crazy and the headboard began to slam against the wall...

"HEYYYYYYYYYYY, QUIET THE NOISE!!!!  I'M TRYIN TO WATCH THE FREAKIN GAME!!" came the voice of the man in the next room, but we ignored him....

"AYE MIOS DIOS PAPIIIIIIIIIIIIII.."screamed Carlotta

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I cried out....

Five hours of wild lovemaking followed.....

"HEY YOU TWO QUIET THE NOISE!!!!  I'M TRYIN TO SLEEP....SHUTTTTT IT UP!" came the angry voice of the man next door...banging on the wall repeatedly during the time Carlotta and I were making love...

We laughed and continued making love....

Within two more hours we both climaxed furiously.....

"AYE MIOS DIOS PAPIIIIIIIIIIIIII..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"screamed Carlotta..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my goddddddddddddd" I cried out....

We both laughed loudly and held each other....

"That was amazing papi.."said Carlotta..

''It was...I needed that...I needed that so much girl.."I said kissing Carlotta..

"I NEED YOU TWO TO GO TO SLEEP GEEZ...I WAS WONDERING IF YOU TWO WOULD EVER STOP!" came the voice through the wall...

We slept through the night....The next morning after we showered ...we heard loud snoring coming from next door...
"Next time papi...let's find a hotel with thicker walls..Whoever that is next door is making too much noise...How does he expect people to sleep?" whispered Carlotta..


"That goes without saying babes." I said and kissed her again, laughing at her statement..




8 comments:

Toni said...

Nicely wrapped up...Just getting around to reading this...I knew Slaughter was the culprit!

Angie B. said...

Very well written as usual...I love these guys...Escapades first family!

Sunflower said...

Well written and with a non-violent ending...Not bad.

Swaggie said...

I knew that Slaughter was the killer...It all began to fit after Wednesday.

Lisa said...

Another good outing...Just what will you do for an encore?

Vanessa said...

You keep this blog poppin with realistic charactors and quirky side stories..Love it!

Halo said...

Love,Love,Love,Love,Love the ending!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties up in the air!