Friday, May 19, 2017

A Show Of Good Faith


CAMDEN WATERFRONT, CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY- 3:35 AM

Fenton Stiles waited patiently....Albert Scurlock , the man he was supposed to be meeting walked up to him... He liked the fact that the man was punctual ,did't keep him waiting and that the man met him in person...

He was very impressed with his 2017 BMW coupe...He was going to like working with or for this man...The man had style and class..

He shook his hand..

"I'm pleased to meet you Mr. Scurlock..." said Fenton...

"It is a weird hour to be having a business meeting Mr. Stiles...but I was intrigued by you..."said Albert Scurlock...

"Yeah?" said Fenton...

"Yes...Intrigued that you would show your face in public...Are you aware that in Philadelphia..You are a wanted man...The Police and The FBI are turning the city upside down trying to find you..They say you and your sister killed those four kids the other night.."said Albert Scurlock..."

Fenton laughed...

"Yeah that was me...That was family business... I value loyalty and I think you do too Mr. Scurlock...Now I got four good guys..right here in Camden, they do whatever I say...They got a lot of friends...friends who like to party if you know what I mean....I hear you're looking for a distributor...I'm your guy..I run a tough ,disciplined little crew and we can move all the Heroin you can give us...Give us a date and place of pick up and we'll have it sold and make you a very wealthy man."said Fenton...

"Oh Really? Because Philadelphia is a huge market and you can't be seen in Philadelphia right now.."said Albert Scurlock...

"Oh that will cool off...They'll get tired of looking at dead ends..."he said..

"You think so huh?....The FBI won't...You're too hot....I can't do business with you.."said Albert Scurlock...amazed at how stupid this man was....No way he was doing any kind of business with him!

"What? Come on....We've met twice now...You looked like you were interested in my proposal the other night in the bar.." said a now angry and disappointed Fenton..

"Well I wasn't and I'm not.....Oh and another thing...You killed the brother of my business associate..My former business associate..."said Albert Scurlock..

"That wasn't personal, just business...He knocked my sister up and then broke up with her...besides..his brother aint in the game...He had nothin to do with this.."said Fenton...

"No..He didn't...but my former associate is in jail, heartbroken...he might think I had something to do with that....I want him to be clear I did not..You know, A show of Good Faith!"said Albert Scurlock...

"So you met with me this morning to tell me that?" asked Fenton...

"Yes, among other things." said Albert Scurlock...

Fenton Stiles never saw the other man get out of the car and aim his pistol at Fenton's head and fire three times..His pistol had a silencer also....

All three bullets hit Fenton in the back of his head...Fenton was dead, before his body flipped over and fell into the river....
"Damn....it's gonna be a nice day today...Aint it boss?" said the other man...

"It looks like it..."said Albert Scurlock as they watched Fenton Stiles lifeless body get caught up in the current and float....

"You think the current will pull his body into the Philly waters...?" asked the other man...

"Who knows...who cares?  Let's go home....I got a broad waitin for me in my room.."said Albert Scurlock as he got in the passenger side of the coupe...

They got in their car and pulled off....It was almost dawn!

II-


Sissy called me and told me to meet her at Penns Landing...That they had found Felton Stiles...I knew from the way she phrased it that he was dead...

 "Well guys...our search is over before it really got started...." said Sissy...

"Is that him?" I asked..

"According to his drivers license...it's him!" said Carlotta...

Jimmy pulled his pistol, complete with silencer out of his jacket pocket...

"I'm bettin this is our murder weapon..." he said as he put the wet pistol and silencer in a plastic bag and passed it to Hazel...

"He didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the rack...He was too stupid to toss the murder weapon away..." said Hazel...
"The question is , who shot him?" asked Hop..

"Maybe some of his brother's people or maybe Scurlock....He wanted to work for him...He couldn't have a guy this hot chasing him around...
"If it was Scurlock...Maybe it was a show of  good faith..To Damian....You know...A way of saying...I didn't have anything to do with your brother's death...and I took care of his murderer for you."said a wistfu Sirena..
"That actually makes a lot of sense...Want to bet that Scurlock or his represenative has visited Damien in county lock up...This buys Damien's silence.." said Duke..

"That sounds about right...You know..His body looks like he floated a distance..."said Angie..
"With this cold water....I can't tell how long he's been dead or where he was killed..." said Hazel...

"The Marine Police said his body was floating out in the middle of the river....My guess is he was killed in Camden and dumped in the river..."said Carol Redding of the DEA

''We caught his sister in Cherry Hill..I'm guessing ,neither one of them was in Philadelphia...When you guys came across his rental house, he had moved out of there awhile ago..Bleached it down..."said Sharon...
"Well Sissy, looks like your murder case is down...one shooter dead, the other one in custody....I have some undercovers near Scurlock's boat..."said Carol..

"I have some agents near his warehouse....I'm just waiting on Brendan to call with the warrants....."said Sharon...

"I need to talk to the sister...so I can formally close this case ." said Carlotta..

"Hmmm cause of death was three bullets to the head.....Can we release the body?" asked Hazel..

"Yes, release the body..." said Carlotta...

Sirena whispered to her friend...

"It never gets easier Lotta."

III-
Yvette Stiles sat alone in the interrogation room, nicknamed " The Fishbowl.." by the detectives..

Jimmy offered her a bottle of cold water...

She smirked..

"Lawyer"..

Carlotta walked in and sat down...She had a stack of files...

Yvette looked at her..

"Lawyer...I aint sayin nothin..." she said.


 Tyriq and Duke walked in...

Tyriq slapped a photo of her brother on the table.. In death....and a photo of the back of his head...shredded by three bullets..

"You don't have to say nothing...That's your brother...we fished him out of the river this morning...Somebody put three bullets in his head..

Now Yvette looked shocked..

"OH MY GOD!!! FENTON'S DEAD...WHO DONE THIS?" she wailed..
"We don't know...We have ideas..." said Duke...

 Sirena walked in, whispered in Carlotta 's ear...

Carlotta smiled.
 Hop was carrying the pistol with the silencer  in a plastic bag...He dropped it on the table..
Hazel dropped the DNA report and Ballistic report on the table..

She, Hop, Sirena, Duke and Tyriq left the room, leaving only Carlotta and Jimmy...

Carlotta picked up the gun in the plastic bag...

"We took it off your brother's body this morning.. A Ballistic match to the gun used in the murders of those four kids...This DNA report....His semen was in two of the girls.. and last but not least...We have photos of both of you leaving the scene of the crime..Still want a lawyer? Doesn't matter...We know you two killed those kids...That's all we care about right now.." said Carlotta..

Yvette sighed and dropped her head...

"My Brother killed those kids...I didn't kill em.. He went there to kill , to see Mikal....We didn't know they were going to be there...those others....My brother is crazy...I told Mikal if he crossed me ,I was gettin my brother..He didn't believe me...My brother shot the first girl as soon as she opened the door..

This guy came out of the kitchen into the living room and startled us...My brother shot him...We heard Mikal upstairs..He told me to sit tight...He went upstairs and-"

"And executed Mikal...Shot him in the head three times and then raped his fiance...She was full of semen and then he shot her..."said Carlotta with disgust..

Yvette lowered her head..

"I didn't know about that...He made me stand outside and he masturbated on the other one...The first girl he killed..He could be weird like that...Then we got the hell out of there..He said once it got known on the streets that he did this, he'd be feared and respected and he'd get work with a major playa...He wanted to be a gangster real bad!" she said.

"Maybe you thought that Mikal did you wrong...romanced you and then knocked you up and threw you over....but those other three kids didn't have nothin to do with this...They were innocent!" said Jimmy...

Yvette snarled..

"They shouldn't have been there...We just came for Mikal...We didn't know them...They shouldn't have been there." she said.

Carlotta was exasperated...

"Officer!!  Stand up!" she snapped..

Yvette Stiles was charged with four counts of accessory to first degree murder, She was read her rights, handcuffed and walked out...

Angie hugged Carlotta..

"Believe it or not...I know just how you feel.." she said..

Carlotta was crying..

"She didn't care at all....She didn't feel a damn thing...How could somebody be so devoid of...of anything..?" she asked...

I hugged her...

"Come on sugar...Let's get out of here...This case is down.."I said.

"I feel for her...Some people are just....just..." said Sissy...

"Ugly." said Angie...

"I need to just uh get some fresh air.." said Jimmy....

"How bout we go downstairs and have sex?" asked Angie...

"Fresh Air can wait!!" said Jimmy...

Angie smiled...

"Works everytime!"

Sissy smiled...

She truly loved these guys...They were her family in more ways than one.

EPILOUGE:

 Federal Agents raided Albert Scurlock's warehouse and they raided his boat....They arrested 39 of his associates.....He and his driver were also arrested...

They were all convicted on RICO and drug charges and are in the Federal Prison system serving from 25-50 years...
Yvette Stiles was convicted of Conspiracy to commit murder, four counts and Accessory to Murder, four counts...She was sentenced to 99 years , with no parole until she's served at least 25 years....She'll have many years to think about the horrible quadruple murders she got her brother to commit and for nothing!

No one was ever charged with the murder of Fenton Styles...His murder remains an open case...

I sat around the house , watching Carlotta walk around in her panties and bra.., She had been a little upset, but she felt better this afternoon....

''Sissy gave you guys three days off...It was a good case..We got Scurlock and his cronies and we solved that quadruple homicide...Not bad...Not bad at all." I said triumphantly...
"That's why they pay us the big bucks.." said Carlotta quietly as she poured us both a cold tumbler of Ice tea...
"This is the part where you usually say , No more shop talk right?" I said smiling...

She sat on my lap....

"Well just as long as you know it was coming....Besides...do you want to talk about cases when I'm dressed like this and you got all THIS on your lap?" she asked..
"You...You uh make a very good point.." I said...
Carlotta smiled..

"I know I do." she said and winked..



9 comments:

Toni said...

Excellent ending!

Angie B. said...

Excellent storytelling as usual!

Sunflower said...

You are like a fine wine...your stories get better and better..

Lisa said...

And this started out as a Poetry Blog...and morphed into a blog with four running serials...Love it!

Halo said...

Pulp Fiction at it's best.

Vanessa said...

Love it..and Love them!

Cheryl said...

I second what Vanessa said-Love it.."and Love them!"

Brenda said...

Great Story as usual Keith!

Rita said...

Excellent ending!and Excellent storytelling as usual!