Friday, May 12, 2017

Justice, Sweet Justice

The Next Morning. ..Detective Kylie White passed Lt. Frankie Cotton a steaming tumbler of coffee...

"Here you are my esteemed Lieutenant." she said, smiling..

"Thanks Kylie..Where is Mo-Mo and Nate?" he asked.

"They'll be in...They got a lead on Dyke Blazer...We think he was seen at the Aquaport..They've got a whole detail of Swat and Tactical guys on their way there now!" said Kylie..

Lieutenant Cotton smiled raffishly...

"Oh Yeah? Good!" he said...

A secretary ran in just then...

"Lieutenant Cotton , call for you...on your private line..." she said.

"I'll take it in my office..Excuse me Kylie.." he said...Winking..

Kylie smiled slyly...
"Hello!" said Frankie..

"A Lead huh? The Aquaport....Really? You think I'm stupid?  Why are they really at the aquaport or are they really there?" she asked.

"They're not here...I haven't seen them all morning...I'm sure you know that..."said Lt. Cotton...

"The only reason your wifey is still alive is because I know that he is nowhere near the Aqua Port...You'd better keep me informed on everything Frankie...Or I won't waste time with these useless photos...I'll just send a text to our other operative and she's gone...Don't piss me off Frankie..You hear me?" she said..

"You're starting to piss me off." said Lt. Cotton...

"Be a nice little bitch and get over it..Bye Frankie...Stay in touch!"

"How long do you think you're going to be able to do this?" said Lt. Cotton...

''As long as we need you...but come to think of it...Having the Lieutenant of Homicide in your pocket is a very good thing! "she said.

"You had better pray that I don't get the upper hand, because if I do...I'm going to bury you...No deals,no mercy!"said Lt. Cotton..

"But you won't....You can't make a move without me knowing it..Neither can your detectives...and one by one they'll all wind up in our pocket too...I've already talked to you way too long...I hope you weren't silly enough to try and put a trace on my phone..That right there could mean death for your wifey ,If I was to find out!" she said.

"You little-"said Lt. Cotton...


"No Name calling....Just get used to it...This is the way things are going now..."said the woman..

"Buh Byyye Frankie." she laughed..

Kylie smiled..

"Got it" she whispered....She had cloned the Lieutenant's phone and had traced the call...He had kept her on the line long enough,more than long enough!
"Go!  NOW KYLIE!" he whispered...

II-

At the M.E.'s office...Dr. Monique Talbert-Cotton was starting her day at work...Her new assistant, Trevor Reed bought her Danish and coffee as usual..

He had only been working  here for about six weeks, but there were things about him that put Monique off a little bit...She was used to being stared and gawked at by guys...but he stared a little too much and seemed to know a little more about her than he should..

He catered to her every whim...Some of the female workers said that Lt. Cotton had better look out, that he had competition..

He was a temp, but no one remembered hiring him and the temp agency that was paying hm was one she'd never heard of.

''Here you go Dr. Talbert, just like you like.. Three creams, two sugars.."he said, smiling..
"Ohhhh Thank you Trevor..." she said as she took the tumbler of coffee..

Trevor like a lot of guys thought Dr. Talbert was as fine as wine...He drooled over her good looks constantly and fantasized about making love to her in the back office one night...He brought her coffee and pastries every morning...He hated to say it, but he had started to have a small crush on her...

"Dr. Talbert..Or uh should I call you Dr. Cotton now?" he asked..He hated that she was married..but at the same time he thought..Boy her husband is lucky...To have all this luscious body in the bed at night...

"Whatever you are comfortable with..I don't care right now...Did you want anything else Trevor?" asked Monique..

"Uh No.." he said, smiling...

"You, in the bed." he thought to himself..

"Well, I want something from you?" she whispered  seductively...

"Oh reallyyyyy?" he said ,finding it hard to believe he might finally get his chance...It was early...No one else was here or would be here for another hour...

''Don't be afraid of me Trevor...Come a little closer..." she whispered seductively..

He looked around and smiled..

''Welll Alright.." he said. She just got married, I know Homeboy is puttin it to her, She must be a real freak he thought...

He felt cold steel pressing against his private parts...

"Trevor....That's a Glock nine...Now unless you want to be permanently singing soprano...You'll take that pistol out of your jacket pocket and the silencer...DO IT NOW!!! I'M NOT GONNA ASK YOU AGAIN!!" she barked..

"What the hell? How did you know?/" he asked incredulously...He had no way of knowing that Monica had scanned every employee's mind....the night before and had located the hitman easily....She could never explain how she knew, but we all knew..

"Now take out the .40 cal, your back up piece and the knife and lay all of that on the desk here..and your back up .22 on your ankle holder.." she said..

"My God!!!...How???..Who gave me up?" he asked...

She got up and placed handcuffs on him and slammed his head on the table..

"You...You...You're a cop.???" he asked.

"Yes she is..."said the real Monique Talbert...Who walked into the office..."That's my twin sister, Detective Monica Nellis.., Homicide...

He was stunned...

"I know you have a twin...but I thought she had dark hair.." he said.

 "I dyed her hair last night , she just happened to own one of the same color dresses as I" said Monique...
"Officer!" said Monica..

Three uniformed police officers came and grabbed Trevor, read him his rights and was about to march him out...He looked at Monique one last time..Then Monica...With the same red hair and the same dress ,he could not tell the difference between them...It was eerie...

''For what it's worth....I don't think I could have brought myself to harm you Dr. Cotton...I actually liked you." he said as they took him out..

"Thank you Sister..." said Monique, smiling at Monica..

"You know I'm not going to let nothin happen to my baby." said Monica, hugging her sister...

''Awww"said Monique...

III-
It was a stylish loft in midtown....

Professional killer, Dyke Blazer had the best of wine...A Refrigerator full of the finest food , Direct TV and Classical Music streaming...

He peered out the window at the teaming city..

So he nearly pissed his pants, when he heard my glock, not too far from his bald head...

''Dyke Blazer...put your hands up slowly and spread your legs slow...You twitch and I promise I'll blow your brains out...You are under arrest for the murder in the first degree of Barbara Ventura..

He said nothing...

Ten tactical squad police men ,with automatic weapons trained on him entered the room...They took his suit jacket off and took his pistols, three in all, a silencer and a hunting knife off of him, read him his rights and walked him out..

Another five uniformed policemen searched the place...

They found syringes and the three chemical cocktail used in lethal injections...and a blond wig and aviator shades as well!

"You're making a big mistake..Your sister in law's life hangs in the balance.." he said..

"I'm bettin it don't. Even money has it that YOUR LIFE HANGS MORE IN THE BALANCE!  You a sportin man Dyke?" I asked as we walked out...

He said nothing!

IV-
A Busy day in the teaming city.....The attractive Blonde woman who had been blackmailing Lt. Cotton waltzed out of her office building...

Her phone rang...

Before she could answer it...Detective Kylie White snatched it from her...

"Uhhh She's kinda busy....You can try to call her back at some other time.." she said..

''Who the hell is this?" came the voice on the phone.. A Male!

"BYEEEEEEEEEEE!" said Kylie and hung up!

''I beg your pardon...Who the hell are you? " she said.

"Oh that's right Carrie...That is your name right? Carrie Shaw...???You're an Account Executive with this firm right? MBA from Wharton....No Criminal record...Brownstone on the main line correct?? I know all about you.. I'm Detective Kylie White, Homicide..And you're under arrest for Obstruction of Justice, Extortion, Making Terroristic Threats over electronic wire and Conspiracy to commit murder..and that's just for starters..." she said and smiled..

"I get one phone call.." she said..

Kylie laughed...

"You get no phone call until I say so...And if you're calling Trevor Reed...We have him in custody....He gave you up so fast it wasn't funny....Amazing what Immunity from prosecution will do..Oh and we have Dyke Blazer in custody too!And if you want to know about warrants...There is a Federal Warrant out for your boss...Christopher Ventura..."

A plain clothes officer walked up to her..

''We got the hard drive from her two laptops and her office computer and these negatives Detective."

"Good, Box em up." said Kylie..

Several Tactical squad Officers appeared...

 Now she knew that this was serious...

''Do you, Do you...?" she asked.
''Do I have a warrant? Of Course? The question is...Do you have a lawyer???, because baby girl, right now...YOU NEED ONE!"said Kylie..

Three Uniformed Officers put her in a police car....She began to cry .....and shake very hard!

V-
Dyke Blazer was facing the most serious charges...
Like a true soldier, he refused to talk...Didn't matter..We had enough DNA, Fingerprint, Credit Card and File Footage evidence to formally charge him with First Degree Murder...He was carried off to Central Booking...
Trevor Reed faced only Conspiracy charges..He hadn't done anything...He talked long and hard about everything and everybody involved...For Immunity from prosecution he agreed to tell us about Carrie Shaw hiring him ...He even named the two men who drugged and abducted Lt. Cotton, along with him and photographed him...They were picked up and they confessed.

He wouldn't be prosecuted for this...but he had violated his parole and was returned to State Prison to serve out the remaining two years on his 7 year sentence.

When Mo-Mo and I walked in to hand him over to the Police..He looked at Monica in amazement...

''Wow... Twins....And you married to your partner?   Respect!! Youse a lucky dude." he said to me..

 Monica smiled..

"He knows that..Don't you baby?" said Monica..
''Absolutely" I said.


Carrie Shaw was the most pathetic of the trio...She had never been to prison in her life...She was facing a stiff term...Now in custody she had lost all of her swagger...

Lt. Cotton walked in with the glossies and the microfilm...He lit them on fire and dropped them in the trash can...in front of her...

''We took your hard drive out of all three of your laptops and destroyed them...as well as your phones..You won't be needing them where you're going.. We got your little operative and we got our killer..And your Bossman/Lover is in Federal Custody as I speak.He can't help you...Nobody can help you!!!"he said.

She stopped crying, but she said nothing..
"You under estimated your target and my detectives..but tell me...What did he offer you? This Christopher Ventura fellow...Money?? Please don't tell me you were in love with him...The Feds caught him trying to go into Canada with another woman... She was young, Blonde like you!!!" said Lt. Cotton...

Carrie looked stunned...

Lt. Cotton smiled..

"You didn't know did you?? That gives me the most pleasure of all...You didn't know....Poor deluded little trollip..Where is that swagger now?  Say something smart now!!  Who is going to bend over now? Officer,GET HER OUT OF HERE! You get no mercy and no deals...Don't even think about it...I'm throwing the book at you!" said Lt. Cotton as they took Carrie out of the interrogation room and to central booking..

She cried profusely and shook!

The trio looked out the window as the flying limo that was taking them to jail began to pull off..

They saw Me and Monica...


Lieutenant Cotton and Monique,


and our good friend Kylie..

Unlikely heroes in this little drama.

EPILOUGE-
Dyke Blazer refused to testify in his own behalf or say anything at all...He was convicted of First degree murder and sentenced to Death by Lethal Injection..

He is believed to be responsible for at least 12 known murders...Including the murder of Christopher Ventura's first wife..
Trevor Reed was returned to Prison to serve out two years...Two months after he arrived in Prison ,he was stabbed to death in a prison fight!
Carrie Shaw was sentenced to 10 years for Obstruction of Justice, another 10 years for Extortion, Five Years for Making Terroristic Threats over wires and another five for Conspiracy to commit murder...

30 years was just too much time for her...She was found hanging in her jail cell,shortly after she was sentenced...

Christopher Ventura was charged and found guilty of two counts of First degree murder(His first wife and his second wife) and sentenced to death by lethal injection..He is the wealthiest man in the history of the State of Pennsylvania to ever go to death row!



Monica, Myself and Monique met with the mother and sister of the murdered Barbara Ventura...Mrs Tate and Megan Tate.

"Thank you so much for putting my sister's killers behind bars..Especially Chris.."said her sister..

"The death penalty is too easy for him...I'd like to cut his finger off." said the mother..

"Oh ,I think in a cosmic kind of way...That finger of his has been cut off..."I said..

"Don't mind my husband...He's always saying crazy stuff like that." said Monica..

''Oh leave him alone Sis...I understand you brother in law.."said Monique..

And we all shared a good hearty laugh!!!




10 comments:

Toni said...

BOO YA! I love it..Took em all down!

Angie B. said...

I love the way they took em all down...

Sunflower said...

I was caught off guard by Monica, masquerading as her sister...I've wondered if they ever did that before..

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Nate spoke of them trying to fool him one time...They both dressed up in the same dress and Monica wore a red wig....and they took turns kissing him and he correctly picked Monica every time..!

Lisa said...

I don't recall this episode...but I'm sure that was quite pleasurable..Him getting to kiss both girls!

Halo said...

I remember a few times Monique has greeted Nate with a soft kiss in the lips...and Monica hasn't minded..She doesn't do that anymore ,now that she's married!

Vanessa said...

Great Ending! Loved this entire story!

Cheryl said...

I love these two as a couple...Hope to see more of them...Even if it's just short stories!

Rita said...

I feel the same way Cheryl...More Nate and Monica!

Brenda said...

Excellent Storytelling as usual!