Friday, September 29, 2017

The Blown Safe

Vernon Monroe looked at the three of us, Bonnie Shay, Sepia and myself as well as Henry Higgins and shook his head..



''Well look at this...What are we to do with you four?" he asked. "Over the course of the day,I've actually grown quite fond of you Mr. and Mrs. Morris and Mrs. Shay...On the other hand Higgins,you're an entirely different matter." he said.

Henry Higgins merely shrugged his shoulders...

"Unc...Look...They're basically unhurt...We don't have to kill them..." said his nephew, Tony Starks..who was equally fond of Sepia and Bonnie and who had a grudging respect for me after the way I had wiped the sidewalk up with Roach...

"They know about the wall safe.."  said Vernon Monroe.

"So what? We don't know where it is...And neither do they...They're not hurt....We could let them go...No laws have been broken here.."said Tony Starks..

"Actually it has...Unlawful containment...and in Mr. Higgins case...Felonious Assault..and kidnapping, Isn't that right Mrs. Shay?" he said, looking at her and knowing she was an Attorney..

"That's right."said Bonnie defiantly...

After what we had been through today...No way we could just forget about this and let these people go free..

Vernon Monroe shook his head..

"And you Mr. Morris...Mr. Roach has told me that you're a Private Investigator with ties to the Philadelphia Law Enforcement community...No way I could depend on you to let today's events go could I?" he asked..

 "Not a chance.."I said...I already had my .22 and was planning to shoot him at any time now....

"See...We can't just let them go...It's a shame this had to come to this...I genuinely like Mrs Morris and Mrs. Shay..and I have no beef with Mr. Morris...He was only helping out his wife..but you Higgins is a different story..They know that even if I let the three of them go free...I'd have to kill you Henry." he said angrily...

He looked at us...

"I sincerely regret having to do this to you good people.." he said..

Just then, a beaten , battered and bloody Roach entered the house...

He was furious as usual...He stared angrily at Tony Starks..

"YOU!!! You backstabbing bastard....you left me out in the street....I wake up sprawled across that god forsaken ,smelly drive way...Trash cans all around me...YOU LEFT ME! Laughing during the fight. " he snarled..

"You were sleeping so peacefully after Mr. Morris cleaned your clock for you, I just hated to wake you.. And as for laughing during the fight...Wasn't much of a fight...Your face really hurt his fists though!" he said and laughed hysterically.....

"Calm down Roach?" said Vern Monroe softly...

''Yeah calm down Roach , or I'll have Mr. Morris knock your ass out again...HAhahahahahahah!"laughed Tony Starks.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY HUH?" snarled Roach , who aimed his .45 at Tony Starks and fired three times point blank in his chest.....Ignoring Vernon...

"LAUGH AT THAT PUNK!" he said...

Tony Stark was mortally wounded...HE stared at his uncle....blood was running out of his mouth...but he couldn't say anything....He fell to the floor , dead!

Vernon Monroe sighed...

"You just killed my nephew, you do realize that don't you? He's a cop!" he said calmly...

Roach now realized the weight of what he had done..He had a look of genuine fear in his face for the first time since I'd known him...

"Look, he-he was mocking me all day..I-I-I lost my head..." he said..

"You do that quite a lot..."said Vernon Monroe, who turned his .45 towards Roach and fired just one time..hitting him in the chest.....He didn't blink....

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT.!!!!!..I'VE BEEN SHOT! Vern, YOU SON OF A BITCH!" he moaned and then fell to the floor, dead...

Vernon Monroe then frowned...

''Looks like I'll have to leave here...There's been enough killing for one day...Good Bye...You're All free to go ,once I'm gone!"he said.

Oh, that was nice of him!

With his gun still aimed at us...He exited out the back door...He got in his car and pulled off!



"He got away.."said Bonnie Shay...




"Let him go....He's got a whole lot of places to run and nowhere to go really!" I said...

"Let's get Mr. Higgins to a hospital and get home." said Sepia.

II-
The Body of Detective Anthony Starks was brought out first....I gave a full report to the Homicide Detectives on the scene...

An Internal Affairs Officer was also on the scene..

''We've been watching this guy for about a year now...He worked for his Uncle..He was  a collector. His Uncle Vernon, in addition to being a realtor was also the Crime Kingpin of the West side of Bayside...He was a loan shark and a reputed shot caller, putting down robberies and jewelry heists...He was a slick one...We didn't have any evidence against him until now..We got him for murder....He'll turn up.." he said..
The Body of enforcer Avril "Roach" Rayd was brought out next...His hateful angry ass was finally at peace, I thought to myself...

One Police Officer said..

''I feel like clapping . That guy was suspected of two murders as well as numerous brutal beatings...but no one would testify..I know a lot of people who will breathe easier, knowing this piece of crap is dead." he said.
We took Henry Higgins to the hospital.....

"You get some rest Mr. Higgins...We'll talk later." said Sepia..

"Yes...This has been one heck of a day..." said Bonnie Shay..

He looked at me..

"Thank You Kevin, for all of your help...but Monroe...He'll come back...He'll try to find that safe..."said Henry Higgins...

"If he does, the cops will nab him ."I said..

"You don't understand...Unless he opens that safe just right..."he said before he drifted off to sleep, The sedative he was given finally kicked in...

I looked at Sepia and Bonnie Shay..

"Come on ladies...let's get out of here....Go Home.."I said.

"I just called Ronnie and told him the whole story...He's waiting on me..See you guys."said Bonnie as she got in her car and pulled off..

 "You ready to go home?" I asked Sepia..
''Never more ready.." said Sepia, who kissed me softly...as we got in our cars and pulled off.
Like I said, this was a hell of a day...I was glad it was all over...Philadelphia never looked better.
This case wasn't quite over yet, as we'd find out...

III-


Sepia and I couldn't wait to get back into our home before we started kissing passionately...Robert and Bonita were keeping Kimberly until the morning....So we made up for lost time..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sepia...Thank you for coming to see about me.."I said...

''Always baby...alwayssssssssssss.." she said ,continuing to kiss me and help me out of my clothes..

I hurriedly unstrapped her bra...

"Is this new? I like this." I said..

"No silly..." she laughed..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Kevin...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." moaned Sepia...
We were soon in the bed...making sweet love..

  SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS of hot sweaty sex seemed to drift aimlessly by...


Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."she screamed.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Sepia......Sepia .....ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."I said.

"Give it to me daddy...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she moaned.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh damnnn girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss  ..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I cried ...out!!"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

"Kevin..ouuuuuu..Kevin....OHHHHHHH. baby I'm cumming...ohhhhh my goodness..ouuuuuuu!"she wailed...
 She was sweating profusely....So was I.....

"Ohhhhhhh,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, here it comes...here it comes....ohhhhhhhhhhhh." I yelled...

"Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, husband!!!!" she yelled...

  We were rocking so hard...I thought the headboard was going to seperate from the rest of the bed..

  We both began shaking and holding each other...We were both climaxing.....My bottom lip was quivering...Sepia was shaking and sweating profusely....breathing heavily.....

"Oh My god, Kevin..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she screamed.

She held me tight and kissed my shoulder and my neck....which made me cum even harder.....

It took a few minutes, 15 or so before we were kissing again...

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu Husband....Husband....."said Sepia...

I lifted her up and entered her slowly, softly...She put her arms around my neck and held me tight as I began to thrust slowly....

"Yesssssssssss..ouuuuu give it to me, give it to me...give it to me strong.....Ouuuuuuuuuu"she moaned..

"Oh" I moaned...

I only had enough gas in the tank for ONE MORE HOUR of serious lovemaking before I came and came hard...

Sepia was cumming so hard, tears were flowing from her face, mixed with sweat....

We collapsed on the bed..
Sepia lie in between my legs...I played in her hair...

"I love you Kevin." she whispered just before she fell asleep...

"Love you too babes." I said, holding her tightly..

IV-
The next morning... Sepia and I sat around the house lounging...It was Thursday, but neither one of us was in any condition to go to work today.....

''Kevin I just thought about something..." said Sepia..

 ''What's that?" I asked.
''Vernon Monroe is out there...The cops didn't catch him....He was far smarter than anybody he had working for him."said Sepia.


 ''Forget about him....He's as good as done...The Cops want him for Murder, he has no gang of enforcers...They're all dead or in the wind....He's got nowhere to go...But I do remember Henry Higgins trying to tell me something about that safe.."I said.


 ''Where is the safe?" asked Sepia.
"I don't know....He never said...All I know is he said something about if it wasn't opened a certain way...."I said.

''What?" asked Sepia..

 "I don't know..." I said..

At this very moment....under the cover of darkness...Vern Monroe had slipped back into the bed and breakfast and found the safe.....He wasn't about to try and pick it....He lined the entrance to the safe with some light explosives that would blow the door open...

"That money is mine....Nobody is going to keep me from it...It's mine!" he said over and over..

He had no idea the safe was booby trapped....When the door was blown open, the safe exploded...

The massive explosion ripped his arms and legs off as well as his head...It also leveled the Bed and Breakfast completely....
The firemen put the fire out.....The explosion destroyed the money and the jewelry completely....and there wasn't enough of Vern Monroe's body left for an open casket funeral...

It took them three days to positively identify him.....What was left of him was cremated....No one claimed his ashes...

A sad end to a greedy man's career..

EPILOUGE-
A week later... Bonita, Sepia, Bonnie Shay , Henry Higgins and I stood at what was left of the Bed and Breakfast.... It was still smouldering...

 "Well there goes that deal...Up in smoke, literally."said Bonita.
 ''Wow , we could have turned this into some lofts...or condos ,made a killing.." said Sepia..
 ''Wow..Well Mr. Higgins...It is insured...You'll be getting a check.."said Bonnie Shay...
I was speechless..

Henry Higgins shook his head...

"That money and that jewelry was worth far more than the check I'll be getting..Damn it Vern...You just couldn't let it go..." he sighed...

No he couldn't and it killed him....Literally!



3 comments:

Toni said...

A Fabulous ending! LOved it!

Abgie B. said...

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU END A STORY! WOW!

Sunflower said...

I knew these three clowns would wind up killing themselves!