Thursday, May 10, 2018

Deep Blue Moon River

The next morning, Monica, Kylie and I met at the diner...Carl had told us to meet him at and ordered breakfast..
We all ordered Cheddar Omelets and bacon
and hot coffee...
"Ummmm this food is much better than the food in Lemuria....That's because it's real.." I said..

Monica smiled..
''What?" I said..

"Nothing.....It's real...realer than the Soy derivative food we ate while under the sea...but it's pre cooked ,most of it and processed on Earth before it gets here.." she said as she enjoyed her eggs..
"These are delicious....If I didn't know better...I'd swear they were the real thing." she laughed...

 ''Stop teasing him Mo-Mo..Let him enjoy his food..."said Kylie...

"I'm not stopping him...Him know his Mo-Mo love him..." she said and giggled....
"He's late..and I'm worried."I said..
"He'll be here...He probably over slept..What with the travel from Earth to here and uh being up all night with us.."said Monica, not looking at Kylie and concentrating on her eggs..
''Ummmmmmmm these are delicious.." she said..
"Okay Mo-Mo...I know you know...Carlos and I uh kind of uh got together last night.."said Kylie..

"I didn't scan your mind...I swear I didn't....We saw him leaving this morning.."said Monica..

''Yeah...We did...And I can't read minds...Wasn't too hard to put two and two together...And look Kylie..You're family now...We don't judge and we don't care....Your secret is safe with the both of us.."I said..
"Thank you guys....I-I just don't know what I'm going to do...I'm kinda torn between two guys...I have been for a long time.."said Kylie..

''As corny as it sounds...Listen to your heart girl....Your heart won't lie.."said Monica..
''Well look who's here...You're late!" I said as Carlos walked in...
"I know...Long story, Rough Night...Come on let's go...I got transportation.." he said.

II-
Outside was a huge, Hover Car...Carl, Kylie, Monica and I got in...and it took off..


 ''Woooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee...This is something else.."squealed Kylie as the Hover Car that didn't seem to be powered by a human driver took off...
Carlos looked at Kylie and marveled to himself..

''Damnnnnnnnnnn Kylie is somethin else...Sexy body, beautiful and soft dark skin..damnnn"

"In case you are wondering...It's destination has been pre-programmed...It doesn't need a human driver...Though I can take over the controls at anytime.." he explained..
Monica looked at me..

"Aren't you glad you're my partner? Look at all the great adventures we've been on...In space, Under the sea.....Who else would offer you this much excitement?/" she joked..

"I was glad I was your partner the first day I walked into Homicide and saw you...."I said truthfully...
Monica blushed and smiled...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.." she said..

But I had to admit...I had never had so much fun in my life until I hooked up with her!




III-
Even though it was daytime....,It was as dark as night, Once we were out of the artificial light of Luna City
and out on the Moon's surface.....
We were in the futuristic Hydra Pier ...The domed city and pier that surrounded the river found on the moon..
From this vantage point we could see the Earth...

''Wow...Look..It's Earth!!..I wonder what my sister and Lou are doing right now..?" mused Monica..
"Probably what I'd like to be doing with you right now" I thought to myself...Monica heard my thought and sent me a telepathic message..
''Don't you ever get enough? We just did it a few hours ago!" she said and smiled at me..
"Avril and I had a contact...A Mary Rosen, as I told you last night...She worked at the Mint also...She first discovered that something was wrong...When the logs were checked and she saw that Susan Que made several unauthorized late night entries...We suspect that Susan Que was using a micro-camera and snapping photos of the place...Giving Basil a complete layout of where everything was...the schedule of the guards and the layout of the security system...That's why the theft went so smooth without a hitch or a clue..."said Carlos...

''What happened to Mary?" I asked.
"I don't know..She was scared...She told us that somebody else was involved...Somebody big who was pulling the strings..." said Carl..

''She never revealed just who did she?" asked Monica..

"No...Haven't seen her in two weeks...She hasn't been to work at the Mint...I stopped by her apartment...No sign of her...I think she split...Now Basil and Sue are dead and Avril is dead...I've run out of sources..."said Carlos..

"Be glad you're alive baby...I-I mean Carlos.."said Kylie..
Monica and I looked at her and smiled...
"Yeah, be glad you're alive...Whoever is behind this is probably looking to cross you out of the equation too!" I said somberly...
We prepared the Mini Sub....While Monica got dressed....

"You can drive one of these Kylie?" asked Carl...

"Yess..Mo-Mo and I both can.."said Kylie..Who had her bathing suit on under her sundress...
Just then an Attractive young lady walked along the Pier...

''Hello Detective Wallace..." she said.

''Melaney, what are you doing here?"asked a surprised Carl...

Monica scanned his mind and hers and ascertained that they had once had a romantic relationship...

"Lieutenant told me to watch your back...Since your assistant and all of your sources have managed to find themselves dead..You were supposed to check in with me..Where you been?" She asked...

Carlos sighed..

"I went to Earth...Philly to be exact...Where I found Avril...Murdered...but I managed with the help of my three friends here....Homicide Detectives , to find a zip drive with directions to this very spot, where I suspect the gold coins stolen in that heist were stashed... I'm hoping that whoever the mastermind behind this is...Hasn't also discovered this spot...Hence the diving gear and the two mini-subs..." he explained....

"Excuse my manners...Monica, Nate, Kylie...This is Detective Melaney Walker...She uh used to be my uh partner.." he said..

''Hi..I'm Detective Kylie White..."
Detectives Nate and Monica Nellis, we are from Philadelphia.."I said..

Monica smiled..

"Let me go and get dressed.." she said nervously...
"Who's on the Dive team?" she asked..

"I'm Driving the first Vehicle...I think Nate is riding with me.."said Kylie...

Monica had on a sensational Bikini that made my eyes pop...
"I'll ride with her.."said Melaney...

"No you're not...This is my investigation...Not Yours...Maybe her husband would like to ride with her.." said Carl....
"Her husband?  "she said.."You're married to your partner?" asked Melaney..looking at Monica.

"I am.....But Nate doesn't really like these things...You're welcome to ride with me..."said Monica diplomatically...

''I'll ride with Kylie...Nate, stay up here...Keep an eye on the monitors and the radar.." said Carl...

"Got'cha.."I said..

IV-
The First Sub carrying Monica and Melaney pulled off..
 I couldn't take my eyes off of her in that Bikini...She was in the recovery sub...
Melaney , now knowing she was my wife felt better...She had no idea the person she really had to worry about was riding with Carlos...

Kylie...

( Who was no slouch in her bathing suit either....My goodness...Her and my wife were driving me nuts....But Kylie was more modest...She chose to keep her sundress over her bathing suit until it was time for her to actually dive..)


who was driving the second mini sub...

and Carlos, who had successfully played Bait and Switch and gotten in the sub he really wanted to be in ,in the first place...

He was expecting me to ride with my wife and he was planning to ride with Kylie...He was surprised that his former partner showed up to sit on him...Even I could see that and I couldn't read minds...
I watched them until both subs were out of sight..

Imagine...A River on the Moon...Real water...Not a man made basin....Incredible...This felt like fun,not like a murder investigation...
They were about a half mile beneath the waves...

"It's beautiful...Underneath here.."said Monica..

"It is...Unlike at home....There is no sea life, no fish, no nothing..just water...It's kind of weird.."said Melaney..

''So how long? How long were you two together?  You and Detective Wallace?" asked Monica.
''Wow, was I that obvious?" she asked...She had no idea that Monica was a mutant and could not only hear her thoughts, but feel her emotions..
''Yeah...You were...Even my husband noticed...and he can't...I mean he is not as intuitive about these things as I am, being a woman and all.." said Monica..

''So you two are married huh?  How is that working out?" asked Melaney..
"Great...I didn't plan it that way..It just sort of happened...My husband is smart, very resourceful...He compliments me...I compliment him..We never get in each other's way...It helps us crack cases..."said Monica..

"Me and Carl were the same way...We cracked a number of cases...He was my training officer...I should have never slept with him, but once I did I was hooked...I guess I'm still hooked and we've been broken up for a year now...I've got a new partner and he mostly works alone.."said Melaney..

"What happened between you two?" asked Monica , who already knew..

''Carl doesn't know what he wants...He was still carrying a torch for this bimbo who tricked him into thinking he was the father of his baby and to some detective in Philly on Earth...I thought you were her.."said Melaney...

"No, Not me...Carlos helped me and my husband solve a murder a few years back...Now we are returning the favor...and maybe this will help us solve a murder back home....Linked to his case.."said Monica..
Meanwhile..
Kylie said softly to Carl...

''Carl, stop staring at my boobs..Focus honey..."she said.
''Damn girl, I can't stop thinking about last night.." he said..
''Last night was nice...but we can't do that anymore...I'm seeing somebody and uh, you have problems of your own.."said Kylie..
 "Melaney??She was my partner...We were like Nate and Monica, minus her being a mutant and telepathic.."he said...
''But also minus the love,right?"asked Kylie..

"We had a mostly sexual relationship...It was good for awhile...But the woman I was involved with who falsely accused me of impregnating her kept calling...I still had feelings for her and you...She just doesn't know who you are...That's why she thought Monica was you...Anyway...My indecisiveness ruined what could have been a good thing...we stopped seeing each other and we both have new partners...At least she does...I work alone...It's better that way.." said Carl...

''She sounds like she still has feelings for you.."said Kylie...

"OH MY GOD!!!" exclaimed Carlos...

And in the other mini sub...


"OHHH MY GOD!!" exclaimed both Monica and Melaney...

Tied to a cement anvil was a young woman, floating in the water...eyes still open..Very still......
"Well, Now I know what happened to my source...That's Mary Rosen...." said Carlos....

This case had started with the murder in Philadelphia of Avril Davis,Insurance Investigator, It was connected to the murders of Basil Wrath, the actual thief and Susan Que..his accomplice, the Mint's Chief Security director, who gave him the blueprints and now the murder of informant Mary Rosen..Four deaths connected to the theft of 9 million dollars worth of coins....


One thing we knew...The killer didn't know the whereabouts of those coins either...But that was the only advantage we had on the killer...


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


12 comments:

Toni said...

This was deep, No Pun intended!

Cheryl said...

LOL!

Tate 2 said...

LOL!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Hover Cars, A River on The Moon, Detectives in Bikinis ,Hyper Subs...What more can this one time nerd ask for? Good Job Keith!

Angie B. said...

I'm enjoying this storyline for a lot of reasons....Some are some of the things Grover Named above!

Sunflower said...

I'm enjoying this storyline too!

Lisa said...

Very enjoyable story so far!

Halo said...

Like Angie B. ,I'm enjoying it for many reasons...One of them, the romantic tension between Carlos and Kylie ..And now a new player is in the game!

Vanessa said...

Carlos is going to lose his mind, watching both Monica and Kylie in Bikinis under the water....

Brenda said...

Men are so visual...But I like the Hovercrafts, Hyper Subs and the fact of their being a river or water basin on the moon, even though the likelihood of that is impossible..but I understand, Keith is asking us to suspend belief with Nate and Monica stories...It is Science Fiction with an Afro centric and Erotic Twist!

Rita said...

I'm a former or rather closet nerd...and I love good Science Fiction...Nice to see it with Black people in it...and Black people as the central charactors...

George S. said...

Lost in all of this conversation is the fact tht there has been yet another murder!
Who is behind this? I have an idea!