Friday, August 24, 2018

Love And Explosions

We were in trial preparation mode at our office...
"Boy you guys are really deep into concentration.....I haven't heard a peep out of you guys since you got in here this morning..."said our new office manager, Alfreda Johnson, Beverly's mother..
Olivia smiled...

"Well we got him freed, now we want to keep him that way..."remarked Olivia with a smile..

''Don't worry Mommy in a few days we'll back to normal and it'll be as noisy as hell.."joked Beverly..
"I heard there was another attempt on Lt. Tragg's life..." I said..

"Yeah Faulty Electrical wiring...Just like Danny White's door...but Tragg's key jammed in the lock and there was a big spark...He ran to safety and they said the door lit up like a christmas tree and exploded...Every window in the front of his house shattered...but no one was hurt.."added Nelson..
Olivia looked at Beverly and then Josie and then me..

"Don't....Just don't.." she said and laughed herself..

 Beverly was laughing hysterically....and pounding her fist on the table..
 So was Josie...
I wasn't laughing...I was beginning to see a pattern here....A very sinister pattern and it was disturbing..

II-
.
 Ray Benson was a free man....He had been released from prison and his original sentence was vacated..
He and his wife, Angela Benson who hired us, couldn't have been happier...
They were making love constantly the first few days.....  They weren't the only ones...

Lieutenant Tragg had gone into hiding...Somewhat...He turned ADA Margaret Barnes two day invitation to stay at her apartment to three weeks...
And he wasn't sleeping on the couch...
They made love every single night!!!...ADA Barnes was disgusted with herself...but Lt. Tragg found himself in her bed time and again and inside of her...The screams and moans heard from her apartment ,plus the squeaking of the bed springs and the rattling of the headboard had her neighbors smiling...
And at our house....

 "We go to trial in a few days....I think we have what we need to get Ray acquitted.."said Olivia..
 "I've heard that Billie Lawrence

 is going to be retrying the case...She's still smarting from the beating we gave her last time Auntay.."said Beverly...
 "Yeah, Not to mention, She lost to your girl Yvette Jones and Bee Bee, Keith, Kahlil and Sofia recently too...






This isn't going to be easy..."said Nelson.. "She's going to come loaded for bear."he said.
 "I took Benson's DNA evidence over to the M.E.'s office a week ago...They've got a back up over there, but Hazel said she'd get the information I need back to me as soon as possible.. That ex-con, even though he is now dead has DNA on file...She's testing his DNA against the DNA on the sheets on the victim's panties and on the floor...There was a shoe print on the floor of the woman's room...It doesn't match Ray's shoe size or any shoes he owned...I checked...Hazel is going to check it against the ex-con's shoe size.." I said..
"Wow...and to think , you spent a career putting people behind bars.."joked Josie...
"I was just thinking that the other day when we were in court.."I said, smiling..

"We are so lucky to have you Donnie Ray...."said Olivia, who gave me a soft passionate kiss..
I expected Beverly to say something like  "Uh..Come up for air..." She used to...but not anymore..

.
I looked over at her and she was smiling sweetly at us.

 Her husband Nelson hugged her and kissed her on the cheek...She softly rubbed his hands..
We poured glasses of water and pored over trial transcripts, autopsy reports, and other evidence pretaining to the upcoming trial..




III-
In a courtroom across town, ADA Billie Lawrence had just finished a case..

She saw Investigator, Gary Lockwood standing in the hallway..

"Welllllllllllllll Hi Gary...How's Yvette?"

 she asked.. The mention of Yvette's name made him feel warm inside..

''She's Lovely...How is Bobby?" he asked.


Everyone now knew that she had been having an affair with former ADA Bobby Bushay and they had broken up abruptly.... It was because he had seen a damaging video via zip drive of her and the Mayor having sex....The contents of the Zip drive had never been made public...No one knew why she and Bushay broke up or why she quit ,except Gary and her...
"Okay...I deserve that..I need your help.." said Billie..

"YOU need help from me?" asked Gary...

"I'm about to retry Ray Benson....It's a three year old case and guess who was the arresting officer?" she said..

"Lieutenant Tragg?" said Gary...
"Yes ..The Scourge of Crime." she said sarcastically... "Look into this case....Olivia and Beverly are defending Ray Benson...I don't relish losing to them again..Find out everything you can about this case....It might not even be in the interest of justice to even retry this.." said Billie.
"I'll see what I can dig up...You obviously don't trust Tragg's original findings.."said Gary..
"No I don't....Seriously...I don't know how in hell this guy made Detective...Let alone Lieutenant..."she said...

"Billie, Billie, tell me how you really feel."joked Gary...
In a purely unguarded moment she broke down..

"I miss Bobby.....I mean, I treated him poorly at times and I did cheat on him...That thing with the Mayor wasn't anything...That was politics...He was backing my run for the D.A.'s office...Bobby...I had come to , really like him...I miss him...I miss his manly arms around my waste in the mornings when I'd wake up...If you see him...Tell him I said......I'm sorry and...I hope he...He will forgive me....Oh and that uh stuff with you and Yvette....I was never going to tell Rockland..That was just mind games...I was trying to get an edge...that's all..." she said..

Gary ignored all of that...

"I'll see what I can find out..." was all he would say and walked away....


 *******************************************************************************
 "This is the information you wanted Donnie Ray" said Dr. Hazel Baylor...


at the Medical Examiner's office....
"I was right....It's a match!!!! This is Wilton Furbish's DNA in the semen on the bed, in the panties on the floor...And this shoe print is a definite match to a pair of work boots he owned and was seen wearing on the day of the murder...Wilton Furbish was left handed....The blows delivered were delivered by a left handed attacker....We may never find the murder weapon...but I'm 99.9 percent certain that Wilton Furbish is our killer and not Ray Benson.."I said..

"This is great...Thank You Hazel, thank you so much.."said Olivia, who hugged her...
''All in a days work Soror."said Hazel.

"We have enough here to win this hands down." said Beverly.....

Gary Lockwood walked in...He saw us and smiled..

"This is great....It means your guy is actually innocent huh?" said Gary...
"It appears that way..What are you doing here Gary?" asked Olivia..

"Believe it or not I'm working for Billie Lawrence...She doesn't trust Lt. Tragg's investigation...She told me to go back over it.....and I did...I know you guys have done a thorough job....Here's something I found out that would be more help to you than her...At the time of the murder...Ray Benson was seven blocks away..I found this Traffic Cam photo of his car at the exact time of the estimated murder.."said Gary...

"Oh My God...Billie is not going to be too pleased with you.."joked Beverly...

"Actually she will be...She doesn't want to retry this case...She was looking for any way out of it....She didn't say...but I get the feeling she doesn't want to go up against you two again anytime soon....Especially not with one of Lt. Tragg's old cases.."laughed Gary.....
I laughed...

"I'll just bet she doesn't...." I laughed..

*************************************************************************************



A few days later in court...
"Your honor, in light of compelling information and new evidence my office has discovered..The people wish to right a wrong and drop all charges against the defendent, Ray Benson..We have reason to believe the actual killer was the now deceased Wilton Furbish, an associate of the deceased and a registered sex-offender.."said Billie Lawrence..
Most of this compelling information and new evidence she was talking about, was information I had originally gathered...I had passed it on to Gary ,who was told to look into it.. I'm sure Billie knew that if Gary had uncovered that, We had also...She had no intention of walking into that lion's den..She was nothing if not a smart woman.

The Judge said...

"In light of this all charges are dismissed....Mr. Benson, you are a free man." he said..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" laughed Ray, who kissed his wife Angela..
"BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID!" he said..

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let's go back to the hotel...but first,I have to thank Olivia and Beverly..." said Angela...

She hugged Olivia,Beverly,Nelson and Josie..

"YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST....I KNEW YOU'D GET RAY OUT...I KNEW IT!" she said..her eyes welling with tears...

 "Just doing our jobs....You guys go out and celebrate.."said Olivia..
 "Always glad to free a wrongly convicted person.."said Beverly...
 "We brought in a great case guys...I was glad to be a part of it.."said Nelson...
"WOW! We didn't have to go to trial...That's more than enough reason to celebrate..."said Josie..

Angela hugged me..

"Donnie Ray, I wish you had been the case detective....Had you of been, this would have never happened.." she said and squeezed me tightly...She smelled good and had a soft ,seductive body..

I smiled ,but couldn't help but think....Several people might still be alive if I had been the original investigator..

IV-
The Bearded man ,who had been Angela's accomplice was tinkering with a new explosive device...and talking to her on his smartphone..

"Ange, this device will blow Tragg off the face of the earth....I think the police detail is off of his house now...It's been three weeks...If I can get back over there...I can wire it to his door...As soon as he opens the door..kaboom...He's as good as gone.."said the bearded man..

"Okay...but I've got to get off the phone now Zackzry....My husband is coming out of the shower...We are about to get it on..."said Angela..

"Okay....you guys have a good time...This device is powered by cell phone signal...I call a certain number and it's lights out for Tragg ,he said...

"Okay...Okay...I gotta go."said Angela...

For Angie and Ray, it was a time for celebrating..

"Who was that baby?" asked Ray...

"Nobody...Ouuuu get over here.." she said as he sat on the side of the bed and she eased herself down on him....Smothering him with kisses..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Angieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...oh my godd..."he moaned..

"OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhRayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..ummmmmmmmmmmm.."she also moaned...

"Let's go grab some cool drinks."said Olivia..."I'll buy first round.." she said..

"Sounds Good to me."I said.
"Great Idea...Now we have a few days to relax.."said Beverly...

"Throw me the keys...I'll drive."said Nelson...

"Look..It's Gary and Yvette." said Josie..

"Hey Guys...Mind If we join you?" said Gary..
"Hey Guys.."said Yvette Jones..
"The More the merrier..Let's go to Red Booth...We always said we were going to go there Vettie."said Olivia...
"Yesss..."said Yvette..


And so the seven of us headed for a nice trendy bar and cold drinks...Nice way to end a case..
We went to Trendy and uber- expensive Red Bar..It had been a few weeks since we had been here with Larry North.
"My ex-husband liked places like this...He brought me here once...He did have good tastes, if I could say one good thing about him.."said Olivia..


"Yeah,one good thing."said Yvette, who was no fan of Elwood Barnes..

"Ms. Yvette, I know there was a reason I've always loved you..."laughed Beverly...
Olivia laughed...
''Awwww I love you too Baby Girl."laughed Yvette...They both hated Elwood Barnes, Olivia's first husband with a passion.

The Three women laughed...

"Here come our drinks..."said Nelson..
 Martinis for the girls
and Beers for the guys..
"Cheers guys, way to bring in a case.."said Gary...

Josie smiled and raised her glass..
I smiled..In my old life in New Orleans...I was a cop....I never drank at such fancy places...Now look at me, Married to a very pretty lawyer...hanging with mostly other lawyers , and drinking in places I could have never afforded before..

Not a bad gig, Not a bad life, I mused.



EPILOUGE-

.
 We'll never know what happened after Angela Benson got off the phone with her co-conspirator...
but the explosive device Angela's bearded co-conspirator was making, exploded...leveling the warehouse he was working in and killing him instantly...

In the coming weeks...What was left of his body revealed him to be..

Zachariah Golanski....A Russian National...Here on a student visa...A Drexal Engineering graduate and employed at the same engineering firm as Ray and Angela Benson...

A search of his apartment found bomb making materials and electrical wiring materials simular to the ones found at Danny White and Lt. Tragg's homes...

He was charged with the murder of Attorney Danny White and the three murder attempts on Lt. Tragg.
''Why was he trying to kill me? I don't know this guy...Never seen him before in my life.."said Lt. Tragg...
"Apparently there is no link between him and Danny White either....We found out he was working as a pool cleaner at the pool where ADA Jennings drowned two years ago and he was living right across the street from where Judge Theopolis Brown and his mistress were staying.."said Gary...

"You think he offed them? That their deaths weren't accidents ,but murder??" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Just speculation...There is no proof of that on either count...but he definitely murdered Danny White and he is definitely the one that was trying to kill you..."said Gary Lockwood..

"That Benson chick...She hired him!!!...It had to be her...Just like she hired Olivia and Beverly to re-open her husband's case.."said Tragg..
"There is no proof of any link to her right now, but the D.A.'s office is looking into it..I think it's pretty safe for you to go home now.."said Gary...
Just then a sultry voice was heard in the background...

"Arthurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I'm almost like super naked....I've taken my panties off...I'm unhooking my bra right nowwww....It's cold, get in here and warm me upppp!"came the voice of ADA Margaret Barnes..Who did not know Gary was in the doorway talking to Lt. Tragg!
Lieutenant Tragg was as red as a beet...


Gary smiled...

"Uh, Carry on Lieutenant." he said..

He smiled...He thought that ADA Barnes despised Lt. Tragg...He reasoned there was a thin  line between lust and hate.

"See ya round Lockwood, Thanks for the update.." he said, smiling sheepishly...He closed the door and returned to ADA Barnes's bedroom where they kissed passionately...
At our house...We were celebrating...But uh ,Not together...


Josie drove Alfreda home and left for the day....

Beverly and Nelson were upstairs in bed, making sweet love...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nelson....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband.."cooed Beverly..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wifey...yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.."moaned Nelson...


 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god Nelson..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" squealed Beverly as he lifted her petite little body up and entered her.....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.." was the only sound Nelson could get out!

While downstairs in our kitchen-



"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donnie Ray, you make me soo happy..."said Olivia softly in between kisses.
Olivia and I were in the kitchen first,

Kissing passionately,

"Not as happy as you make me baby!" I said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Donnie Ray, ummmm let's go upstairs....to our room."she said, trying to catch her breath...

"Let's do this right here.."I said,opening her blouse

"No..Let's go to our room, where we can be comfortable..." she cooed in my ear...in between kisses..


then on the stairwell...

"Let me get my key out so we can get in the room...Ummmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you are really excited..."she said softly....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, hurry up.."I said softly....in between hot smouldering kisses....

 and finally...
in our bedroom, making sweet love in bed....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrll.."I moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm stop showing off in this bed...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh My godddddddddddd..."she moaned..

Our headboard rattled something crazy...Our bed squeaked a little bit....
Angela Benson was never linked to Zachariah Golanski.or the deaths of The ADA, The Judge ,Defense Attorney Dan White and the attempts on Lieutenant Tragg's life...but she was a person of interest for a long while..

Night time came....There was a full moon out...I stared out the window...
Olivia walked over to me and put her arms around me..

''Donnie Ray...I have a confession to make."said Olivia.
"What's that?" I asked..

"Through out this entire case....I kept thinking that Angie, our client was behind the deaths of ADA Jennings, That Judge and Danny White...I couldn't prove it...but I could swear she did...I mean she blamed all of them for Ray being in prison...and she had a special hatred for Lieutenant Tragg, but then when that Russian Engineering student blew himself up and the police found things linking him to all three of them and Lieutenant Tragg's near fatal attacks, I guess my theory went out the window...It was just something in the back of my mind.." she said..
"I had the same thought...and I still think it...I think she recruited him...He went to the same Engineering school she and her husband attended...and worked at the same company....There is no proof as of yet that the two even knew each other...but it does seem to fit...No body has turned up a motive for why he would harm any of those individuals or Lieutenant Tragg...He didn't know any of them."I said.
"But she did and she had a great motive...If what we think is true...She got away with murder...And Since she's my client...I can't say anything..."said Olivia..

"These things have a way of working themselves out..."I said....If she is responsible ,she'll be judged by a higher court one day...You know what they say...Karma is a mother.."I said...
I only hoped that what I said was true!


FOR L. CHANTAY!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY DAMN PANTIES TO THE RAFTERS!

Angie B. said...

Good Story!

Toni said...

Job Well Done Mr. Keith!

Sunflower said...

Loved it...Lt. Tragg survived...I was hoping he did..He provides great comic relief.

Tate 2 said...

The bearded guy appeared to be an incompetant boob! Three tries, three fails..

Lisa said...

He did succeed with the three others without a hitch...He just couldn't get a bead on Lt. Tragg..

Halo said...

That's right...I'm glad he didn't succeed with his plans...And somehow those other three people he accused were avenged!

Vanessa said...

But Angie Benson, the one who recruited him, The Mastermind behind all of those murders got away scott free...I don't feel good about that!

Brenda said...

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of her...She'll resurface in another story..

Cheryl said...

Damnnnn She got away with it!

Brenda said...

Cheryl ,see my comment above yours!

Rita said...

Once again, Nicely done!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Lt. Tragg lives to pester our heroes some more!

SLC said...

Tragg finally found something (or someone) he's good at.