Sunday, December 22, 2019

Non-Traditional

Our way of celebrating Christmas had been non-traditional for a few years...One Year we'd go to San-Francisco and visit Beverly's father, Olivia's older brother and his wife...The Next year we'd go to New Orleans and visit my older sister and brother in law and my niece and nephew..

We were going to New Orleans this year...

A Big Bus sat in front of our Office /Duplex...We had gifts stored in the back...Everybody's Gifts..They would be distributed on Christmas day...






Keith Jones, Bee Bee Evans, Kahlil Ahmed, Sofia Garcia, Jade lee and Danny Ho, all excited were already seated on the bus...




Yvette Jones ,Gary Lockwood, Kayla Bennett and her new husband, Ray St. Jacques bounded the bus next...




Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Paris boarded next....

With that the bus was filled..

 "Liv and I will follow you guys there in the SUV."I said..
"Alfreda and Rockland are meeting us at the airport...See you guys there."said Olivia..

We waved as the bus took off..

''Wow this feels like a school trip..." she mused..

I put my arms around her..

"Except, we aren't on the bus.." I said softly...
I pulled Olivia to me and kissed her passionately....

"You have become such a horn dog, you look for any reason, any opportunity to kiss me don't you?" Olivia said while giggling...

"Guilty as charged counselor.."I said..

In between more kisses....



"Ummmmmmmmm the only time I like to hear the word "Guilty." Olivia laughed...


As we continued kissing in the front seat...






II-



At the Airport , we all linked up...
 "Thank you so much for inviting us along on this trip..."said Alfreda...
"Oh yes...This will be my first time in New Orleans...I can't believe this.."said Rockland, who had spent the last few Christmas's alone, having dinner and drinks in Josies...

He felt warm and fuzzy spending Christmas with the love of his life and some of the attorneys he had jousted with...He could never ever think of any them as enemies again.

Within hours we were all in New Orleans...

My Sister and Brother law and nieces and nephews greeted us all with warm hugs and kisses...

"Heyyyy Little Bro.." said my sister Nellie Ray.."

"Heyyy sis...it sure feels good to be home again.."I said..looking around...breathing in New Orleans.


''Heyyy Brother in law.." said my sister's husband...Darryl...
"Heyyy man.." I said and gave him a warm embrace...

"Ummmph...I see you brought some more fine pretty women from Philly with you...and of all shades.." he chuckled..
.
"Awwww Sister in law come here , give me a hug.."said my sister to Olivia..

"Hiii Nellie..."said Olivia..hugging Nellie..

"I just love her...so petite, soo sweet.."said my sister...

"Beverly....look at you....youse a married lady nowwww.."said my sister in law...Hugging her and spinning her around... "You and your auntie are so petite, so sweet...I just love yall to death,."she said..

"Hi Aunty Beverly, Uncle Nelson.."said my nieces and nephew..

 ''Hi babies..Hi Ms. Nellie"said Beverly just eating it all up.."
"Hey Guys.."said Nelson...

Josie smiled..She caught my brother in law's attention..


"Hey Josie...Liv tells us you're almost done law school...You're going to join this bunch huh?" asked my brother in law..

"Yes, pretty soon.."said Josie..

''Is that Kayla? Come here woman.."said my Brother in law, who had always had a thing for Kayla..

Kayla laughed and giggled...

"Put me down...Put me down..." she laughed..

"Awwwww lawdd that's right...Youse a married woman now...Come on over here, welcome to the family...

He said to Ray , who loved New Orleans and was glad to be back...damn near free of charge...

''Everybody...This is Beverly's mother, Alfreda Johnson.." said Olivia..

"Hello" said Alfreda..

"Ohhhh hello...No wonder Beverly is so pretty...Look where she got it from.." said my sister...

Alfreda blushed..

"Oh stop it.." she laughed..

"This is her friend, Rockland..."

and these are our friends....first timers...

Ms. Yvette Jones.. My room mate in law school and my best friend in the whole wide world.."exclaimed Olivia...

Her friend, Mister Gary Lockwood..

"Hey Guys.." said Gary...

and four of the fiercest ,most brilliant attorneys we know..
\
 Keith Jones
 Bee Bee Evans
 Sofia Garcia
and Kahlil Ahmed..


and our good friends,

Jade Lee 


and Danny Ho...


"All of you guys lawyers?" asked My sister..


 "I was a Homicide Detective....I'm an Investigator for the D.A.'s office.."said Gary..
 "I'm a Cop, Lieutenant, Robbery-Homicide."said Danny Ho..
"I'm an ex-Homicide Detective like Donnie Ray...now I'm an investigator for Ms. Yvette.."said Jade..


My sister smiled..

"I knew some of my brother's friends would have to be cops..They couldn't all be lawyers" she said.

We all busted out laughing..






III-

Per my instructions..My sister had ordered a big bus for us...we all piled on. We followed her and my brother in law's car into the New Orleans suburbs...

We saw a traditional New Orleans Wedding.

"Donnie Ray and I's wedding was just like that....On New Years day on the street with a band..."said Olivia..

"Probably a lot more enjoyable than your first wedding huh?" said Yvette..

"Wayyyy more.."said Beverly who had been at both...She and Yvette had a mutual disdain for Elwood..

The streets smelled and looked so good..

We drove past the old hotel that Olivia was staying at the night we met..

 "Remember that place Donnie Ray?" Olivia whispered to me..
"How could I forget it?  I had my first taste of heaven there.."I said..

"Awwwwwwwww."said Olivia, who gave me a sweet kiss.



We hit the highway...



So many memories were flooding back to me....

When we got to Monroe...The bus pulled up in front of some unremarkable storefront houses..

"They don't look like much on the outside...but go inside and look before you pass final jusdgement.."she said..

Inside both was a whole nother story...

It was gorgeous...My sister and brother in law had totally rehabbed the inside and the place was gorgeous...It had a common kitchen and a common lounging area...

Our place had five rooms...


Olivia and I


Beverly and Nelson


Josie and Paris


Kayla and Ray


And Alfreda and Rockland would stay there....

 Next Door was the exact same set up...
Equally awe inspiring...


 Yvette and Gary had a room...

Jade and Danny had the room next to them...


 Bee Bee and Keith had a room upstairs

And Kahlil and Sofia had a room next to theirs..

We used the extra room to store all of our Christmas gifts...



IV-


We went to my sister and brother in law's house after we got situated,




At my sister's house...

Where she re-introduced some us

To New Orleans Cuisine...

''Ohhh my god, this is soooooo good "said Alfreda..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yesssss…."said Rockland..

 "Mannnn,I shoulda been comin down here.."said Keith Jones..
 "You aint never lied home slice.."said Kahlil
 "Ouuuuuu this is soooooo good."said Sofia..
"Yesssssssssssssssssss!"declared Bee Bee..

 ''Nelson, you remember when we came down here and cut up that one year..." said Ray...
"Oh don't remind me.." laughed Nelson as they tore into

some PO BOY sandwiches...They knew their way around New Orleans..

Paris had been here before too, but by himself..He was familiar with the local cusine..



 "God, remember this the last time we were down here?"said Beverly to
 Josie
and Kayla as they sampled..
Crayfish and Corn...

My sister said to Olivia and me..


"My husband told me I fixed too much food..I might not have fixed enough.." she said.

"You're right about that Sis..I don't think they plan to leave much if anything.."I laughed..

I loved being home for Christmas and I loved more , having our new expanded family with me in my home...

(TO BE CONTINUED)







3 comments:

Toni said...

Binge read yesterday and today...How nice, an Escapades Christmas Story!

Angie B. said...

Read Yesterday and today just now...Love this.

Sunflower said...

I love These cross over stories featuring Olivia and her people and Yvette and her crew..