Sunday, December 29, 2019

Dewey

Outside an Apartment complex-

Lt. Sissy Van Buren sat with a walkie talkie in one hand and a tumbler of coffee in another...

''Rico, everybody set?" she asked..

"Jimmy and I have the back covered....

The super opened the back door for us and got as many people out as possible.."said Tyriq...


"Carlotta and Lt. Tragg have the front covered...Our boy is on the second floor ,last room on the left...We are just waiting on your word...Call it Siss…"said Tyriq..

Sissy put her tumbler of coffee in her cup holder...She pulled out her Glock...

"Let's Take him...!" she said..

 Sissy cocked her Glock and came running across the street...She nodded..
 Lt. Tragg cocked his glock and followed..
 Carlotta had her riot pump shotgun...
Several Tactical Squad Boys followed..

They entered up the front stairs and proceeded to the second floor..



Tyriq , Jimmy and several Tactical squad men entered from the back way....

Tyriq knocked on the door..." Dewitt Brenson….OPEN UP, WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST!" he said..

There was an eerie silence..

Lt. Tragg was on the other side..

Sissy gave the order...

"Knock it down." she said..


Tyriq and Lt. Tragg knocked the door down and entered...



Carlotta, Jimmy and The Tactical squad entered....

 ''Clear!" yelled Tyriq..
 "Looks like he hasn't been here in awhile." said Lt. Tragg looking around..
 ''Well ,he has two other addresses, let's hope the others get lucky..."said Carlotta.
"Yeah..." said Jimmy....

''Call The Crime Scene Investigation boys..

It smells like the place has been bleached down, but we might get lucky."said Sissy.

Halfway Across town...

Sirena conferred with her partner...

"I just got off the phone with Siss...Goose eggs...He wasn't in that place...It was bone dry....Like he hadn't been there in ages.." she said..

"Okay. let's hope we get lucky...The manager got nearly everybody out in case we have to shoot it out with this clown..I got the back..You ready ?" said Hop..

"Let's Do this." said Sirena..

As a small crowd gathered around and watched..


Sirena and the tactical squad entered the front...


Hop and the Tactical squad entered the back...


" Dewitt Brenson….OPEN UP, WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST!" he said..

There was an eerie quiet...

"Take it down.."said Sirena...

They did and just like Sissy and her guys ,they found nothing...

''Clear" said Hop..

"This place has been bleached down...No fingerprints or DNA will be found here...but we can have

 CSI take a sweep through here.."said Sirena..

And in yet another part of town...

''A white man in this neck of the woods would stick out like a sore thumb."said Duke..

"I would stick out in this neck of the woods.."said Danny Ho...

''Everybody is in place Lieutenant..We got the back and the front sealed off...The super got as many people out as he could.."said Angie..

"Call it Lieutenant!"said Duke.

"Let's do this babe!"said Lt. Danny Ho...


He and Duke and the Tactical squad...entered the front door and raced up the steps..


Angie led her battalion up the back steps...

"Mr. Dewitt Brenson, I have a warrant for your arrest...Open Up!"said Danny Ho...

There was no answer...

"Knock it down!" he ordered....

They did and Duke and Angie entered...

 ''Clear!" he said.
"All clear" said Angie...

"Clear" said the officers..

"Damn...He's gone..Smell the bleach? we won't find any prints or DNA here either.."said Danny Ho..

"I got a text for Siss...He wasn't there either...And I got another text from Sirena..Nada...He's not at either of these addresses....I'm calling CSI...

Despite the smell of bleach....they can still sweep this place down...We might get lucky.."said Angie.

"Good..Good..That's okay...We got his photo...Put a BOLO out on him...Person of interest in several homicides and robberies..Tell the State Police to be on the look out for him also...Bottle this town up.."said Danny Ho.






II-

At Headquarters...


Hazel and I sat and watched as about twenty eyewitnesses...The same ones who gave a composite police sketch, but couldn't find our guy in a list of mug shots...(probably because he had no prior arrests and wasn't in the books)  took a look on the screen
at our suspect...

Dewitt Brian Brenson...

ALL OF THEM SAID TO A MAN...

"THAT'S HIM!!!! THAT'S THE GUY WE SAW!

Sharon had skilled FBI and ATF agents questioning them, to make sure...

They all said the same thing...They were 100 percent certain, this was the man they saw running from the Pawn Shops...

All of these people couldn't be wrong.....

"You guys have to get Lt. Hutton in here..If he ID's him...You've got your murderer.."said Hazel.

"Yeah, where is he?  He hasn't been answering his phone.."I said..

III-

At a flashy condo...A young woman gets a knock on her door..


"Oh My God....You? You've got some nerve coming up here...What do you want?" said the woman..

"Cat baby....I need a place to stay...." said Dewitt Brenson….

"All you bring is trouble.. No, go away..." she said..

He peeled off $1200.00 in cash...

"Here...Seee? Thought you were never gonna see all of the money I owed you huh?" he said..

She was surprised...

'Wow!  No I didn't...You still gambling?" asked Kat...

"I'm trying to stop...I'm gonna put myself in Gambler's Anonymous...I swear...I swear...I paid off all my debts...Nobody is lookin for me...Not anymore...I just need to crash here...Please baby...It's gonna be different..I'm gonna get a straight job...We can get married, the whole magilla...I promise." he said..

"Married? You? HA? that's a laugh....Get the straight job first...Go to Gambler's Anonymous first,then maybe...maybe I'll entertain the idea of being your girlfriend again....But being married to you..???HA...that's a long way off.."said Kat..


"Kat baby....we had something good once...remember?" he said..
He kissed her passionately....

''Same old thing with you...You show up out of nowhere...With promises and a lot of sweet talk..and we wind up in bed...and then you're gone for months...I'm tired of this Dewey.."said Kat...

"I swear Kat....I've changed...I got all of that out of my system...I paid everybody I owed anything to off...My credit is repaired and I paid you what I owe you..."said Dewitt ,who kissed her again..

This time longer, slower, softer...

"How did you get so flush?" she asked..

"Baby, where did you get this dress? Did you get a boob job? I swear your breasts are huge!" he said..

"Oh Dewey hush up!" she giggled..

Within the coming hour they were both nude and making sweet love...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" he moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Deweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy!"she squealed...


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWWEEET BABYYYYYY! YESSSSS!" he moaned..

The bed was squeaking like crazy and her headboard was rattling...



Dewey didn't know if he was coming or going... he felt so damn good!

'OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWD!" he exclaimed..

"DEWEY...YES..YESSSSSSS.....OH YEAH...OH YEAH...OUUUUUUU YESSSSS." she squealed..

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of non stop love making slipped aimlessly by....

Kat knew Dewey was no good, but she had no idea that he had committed a slew of armed robberies and had possibly murdered eight ,possibly nine people to date...






IV-

At Curly's Bar, Lt. Frank Hutton

was sitting at a table with some Hot Wings and Beer.

''Well Artie, your mood has certainly changed...It's lightened.."said Frank Hutton..

He was having  beer and wings with his pal, Lt. Arthur Tragg….

"Yeah, I was with Sissy and her detectives and Danny Ho...I got em straightened out and we identified a suspect...Took some doors...but he wasn't at any of the three residences we went to...but all of our eyewitnesses positively ided the guy.."said Lt. Tragg.

"Oh Yeah?" said Lt. Hutton, now interested...
''Yeah...He's got no sheet...Name is Dewitt Brenson….goes by the alias "Dewey" on the streets see?There is a BOLO out on him...We got this city bottled up.."said Lt. Tragg...

"Uh What happened to the Blonde you were uh boppin around with?" asked Lt. Hutton..

"I don't know..."said Lt. Tragg, his mood suddenly darkening..

Lt. Hutton's phone was ringing again....

''Excuse me Artie, I gotta take this.."said Lt. Hutton..who got up and walked near the restroom..

"I got that information you want Frankie.."came the voice..

"Yeah? Talk to me.."said Lt. Hutton..

"Lowlife named Dewitt Brenson...calls himself Dewey...Got in some trouble in AC...Vanished...Then turns up a month later...Pays everybody he owes....Goes to Vegas...gets in the same  kind of trouble..a real degenerate gambler..Can't help himself..Paid off the Vegas boys and from what I hear ,squared things with the boys in Chinatown, The Russians and The Chinks..Paid all his debts.."came the voice..

"Yeah ,that's why he's been so busy...He's knocked over 8 pawn shops, left 8 people dead..And I'm afraid my colleagues know his name...They took three doors today, but they didn't find him..." said Lt. Hutton..

''And you almost caught him..You gotta find him and get that gun from him..He don't know about the other two bodies on it...but you could let him take the rap for it..I mean it aint like he's gonna be spared a needle for two more, right?." said the voice..

"I know....I know one guy who might know where I can find him...A Stoolie..."said Lt. Hutton.

"Then by all means...find this mook and cancel his contract...No Mistakes Frankie.." said the voice..

"None at all.." he said chillingly...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






No comments: