Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Last Stop....

PHILADELPHIA ,2043...SPACEPORT....All flights from the Moon and Mars were coming in...

Detective Kylie White stood anxiously awaiting the passenger from the moon..

Detective Carlos Wallace, who Monica and I had worked with on our very first case.. and who had been having a torrid affair with Kylie since he had met her...

Upon seeing her , his eyes nearly popped out of his head...

"Kylie...wowwwww!  You told me you had a new hairstyle and all but wowzers…" he said..

"You like it..I take?" she said..

"I love it baby, come here.."he said.

He had been here a few months ago and Kylie didn't expect to see him for another six months...but here she was graced with his presence again..

They kissed like nobody's business right there in Spaceport for close to an hour..

Finally they walked inside...

"I was shocked when you told me you were coming here...Never thought our little murder case would involve you..."said Kylie..\
"Little? You call a triple murder little? plus 100K of cash and a laptop with information we've been after for three years...Nothing little about that...where is everybody?" he asked..

"You're not aware of the time difference between Earth and the Moon are you?  They are probably eating breakfast right about now...They can't wait to see you."said Kylie.

Carlos pulled her to him again.. and kissed her softly, slowly...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kylie....babyyyy.."he moaned in between soft, slow kisses that were driving them both insane...

Kylie didn't want to, but she eased out of his embrace...

"You're not staying at any hotel this time..So get your money back...You're staying with me..I've got no excess emotional baggage..." she said..

Carlos laughed..

"Ohhh Okayyyyyy." he said..

They piled into her new flying car and took off..

"Wow...new Flying Car, New hairstyle.. Wowwwww!" was all he could say and smile..

Kylie smiled too.






II-

We were all at the nearby bistro having breakfast... By "we" I meant Myself, Monica, Lt. Cotton and
Monique..

 I was hungry after a night of marathon lovemaking with Mo Mo.. so I ordered a stack of Pancakes,

 Hash Brown
and sausage....
 I think my wife Monica was hungry too, but not as hungry as I..

She settled for an Omelette and

sausage.


 Lt. Cotton was like me, very Hungry..

 He settled for Pancakes ,Hash Browns
and sausage....
His wife, my sister in law...Monique was like her twin sister..

 an Omelette
and sausage...

There were enough hash browns to share..

and steaming hot cups of coffee to go around..

Our food had just arrived when Kylie and Carlos walked in...

 "We got here in the nick of time.."said Kylie with a smile..
"Heyyy guys!" laughed Carlos..

"Heyyy Carlos....I ordered ahead ,before you got here... Kylie..I know you like a Cheddar Omelette and Carlos, you usually have a Western...I'm assuming I was correct.."said Monica..

 "I love that she is a Mutant Telepath..." laughed Carlos..
"It comes in handy sometimes.."laughed Kylie..

"And sometimes it doesn't."laughed my wife's identical twin sister, Monique...

 I hugged my wife, who was a good sport and was laughing too!
''Awwww now you see!" she joked..

As two omelettes arrived and enough sausage for them to share arrived also with 
two more cups of coffee.


"So since the last time we met....You guys have gotten yourselves in more trouble that I have to help get you out of huh Nate, Monica?" Carlos joked.

 "Huh, we IDed  your killer for you..." I said.
"We almost caught him.."said Monica..

"What I tell you two about going out without back up?" joked Carlos..

"Yess interesting perspective."said Lt. Cotton, giving us both the side eye..

"You guys tangled with a pretty dangerous guy there...He's a stone cold killer...A Psychopath...and very dangerous...He would have killed you both if he could have...I suspect you two gave him more than he could handle.."said Carlos..

"I was reading his thoughts the entire time there...Never have I heard anyone who was so devoid of any human compassion...so empty....It's like there was a hole where his soul used to be or should have been.."said Monica..

"He was pretty good with his hands.. I could tell he was Special Forces, just like I used to be.."said Nate...

"Well anyway, you both were lucky...Ten other people in Europe...One on the moon in Luna City and your three victims were not so lucky.. He kills quick and efficiently.. He got sloppy, he left a weapon behind with blood and a print on it..wow! Must have been some bust up.."said Carlos..

"How long have you been tracking this guy?" asked Lt. Cotton..

"Him I haven't...I've been tracking whoever hired him.. and a mysterious figure named Abe Strathmore who doesn't seem to exist.." said Carlos..

We didn't talk anymore.. We chowed down on the good , hot food before us....


III-
Back at the squadroom the dialogue continued..

"Your victim, Wendy Yoshimura is not who you think she was....I understand she was working as a striper/exotic dancer  at some strip club here.."said Carlos.

''We know she has an MBA from Wharton.."said Monica..

"Yeah we know Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from Columbia University and an MBA from the Wharton School of Business...She was born in Tokyo, Came to the United States with her parents, who were Japanese Diplomats...They all got their American Citizenship years ago... Her Undergrad education was paid for by her parents, both deceased....but get this...Her Post grad was paid by this Abe Strathmore person, who does not exist..."I said..

"The People at the HOT CLUB said she just started working there...and we know the condo she was living in at the time of death was paid for by this Abe Strathmore person..."said Kylie..

Carlos was actually impressed....He looked at Lt. Cotton..

"You got some good detectives here." he jokingly said.

"You say that like you thought I didn't...They even IDed your killer for you...Dennis Taggert, a soldier of fortune."said Lt. Cotton..

"He's not important... "Abe Strathmore, whoever he is... Is very wealthy...It's not known when he and Wendy met up, but it was in between the time she entered and graduated from Wharton Business School..  For six years after she graduated...She was in Europe, on the Board of directors of Banks in Paris, London, Madrid, Rome and Berlin... whoever this Strathmore character is...He had influence in order to get her on these boards...She stayed around long enough to get pertinent information...While she was in London, close to six million dollars mysteriously was filtered out of these banks and into several different offshore accounts... I suspect she was stealing passcodes  and account information..Just enough for a good hacker to get inside big accounts and make the transfers...

Somebody was pretty pissed...and 10 people...All suspected of being hackers were found murdered...and guess what...all ten people had their fingers sheared off of the hands ,before they were killed with a three chemical combonation...Sound familiar?" said Carlos..

"MATCHES OUR VICTIM!" said Monica and Monique in unison...

"You two always do that?" he asked..

"My sister and I are very close.."laughed Monique..

"Some people even say we look alike.."said Monica.

 ''Do they?" laughed Kylie..
 I just laughed...
Lt. Cotton laughed too!

"All ten of these people were thought to be master hackers and in league with whoever the ring leader of this gang was..  Anyway...Things got too hot and Wendey Yoshimura next turns up on the Moon in Luna City...

They had 30 million dollars of stolen cash from these banks...Ms. Yoshimira was living high off the hog in Luna City.... They had a middle man working with them.... We found him floating in Moon River ..all of his fingers sheared off , all of his toes too and his neck snapped... His place tossed.. That was the most brutal murder...

I found out through an informant that there was a Laptop that had financial records of all of the banks they fleeced and who was a part of it.. Whoever hired this killer wants that Laptop...It has a record of all of the thefts and possibly the identity of the ring leader...

I talked to Wendy Yoshimura while she was still in Luna City...I should have arrested her, but I wanted to get to the boss, the person who was sponsoring her...but after the last victim wound up dead, she got spooked and vanished.. I thought she was in Europe...Until I heard she was dead...and here." said Carlos..

"Which brings you to us.." I said..

"Kylie show him what we have...The Feds have the actual Laptop and it's contents which they have shared with Interpol...I don't care about that...I want a killer and I want him in custody."said Lt. Cotton.


"Take a look at the screen...This was pulled off the hard drive , along with 100K...Working Capital I assume.."said  Kylie..


They looked at the screen...

"This is it...This is why your killer tortured these people the way he did... This is all of the account passwords of banks in Paris, Berlin, Madrid, London and Rome that they pillaged and Luna City...WOW...with this information ,it wasn't hard for a hacker to get into these accounts.. and these accounts all belong to one person...."said Carlos..

"Albert Bazemore...who is he?" I asked..

"I know who he is...one of the world's wealthiest financiers.....Said to be connected to everything but neon lights...Also rumored to be manufacturing and selling a very addictive opiate worldwide which accounted for maybe half of his fortune..."said Lt. Cotton..

We all stared at him..

"What? I listen to more than sports in the news podcasts." he said..

Monique smiled..

"That's my husband." she said

and gave him a wet sloppy kiss...
"Bazemore is the one who's accounts were hacked and whoever hacked his accounts and stole from him is someone  close to him...Abe Strathmore....Our killer wants that information...He doesn't want the authorities to figure out that his accounts were compromised and pillaged..or that he hired a mercenary to wipe out everyone involved in the thefts...and recover his money...Look, anybody know you guys found this laptop?" asked Carlos..

"No..we kept that out of the papers...out of our reports....The laptop is in a safe at the federal courthouse..the copy is here with us...Only the people in this room know this.."said Lt. Cotton.


"Our killer is going to strike again... He knows he missed getting it and he thinks it's hidden at that crime scene..Pull all your men off of that scene....We'll go back there and get him this time.."said Carlos..

 "We got another murder....I just got off the phone.." said Kylie..

IV-
We wound up at the subway station.....The Last Stop!

 "Well Well Well , Will you look at this..out Knife wielding friend! " I said..
"Somebody put a nice neat hole in his head, right between the eyes..." said Monica..

"Simular to the one he put in the security guard's head." said Monique, who with her sister was wearing latex gloves and examining the body...

''Wow, this case has some legs to it..doesn't it?" said Kylie..

"It sure does..." said Lt. Cotton.

"You guys got your killer...but now the trail has grown cold.."said Carlos..

"Bazemore is cleaning up!" said Monica..

"Yuppper."said Carlos.

Our killer, our triple murderer, who was responsible for eleven other murderers, Dennis Taggert was dead!!...He had been murdered...found in an empty subway car at the last stop...

Now the question was...Who killed him and why?   This case did indeed have legs on it..

(TO BE CONTINUED)







9 comments:

Toni said...

Just binge read the last two installments...Looks like another good one Keith!

Angie B. said...

Love your blog....It's one of the few I still read!

Sunflower said...

I feel the same way...I look forward to these stories...

Brenda said...

I look forward to these serials too...Grace us with a poem every now and then...

Vanessa said...

Binge read yesterday and today...boyyyy this is intense!

Rita said...

Intense? That's an understatement..Loving this story so far..

Lisa said...

Just binge read the last two installments...Looks like another good one Keith! Love these two!

Halo said...

I guess we all binge read today and yesterday...Am loving this so far..The twists and turns.

Cheryl said...

This looks like an international and interplanetary conspiracy!