Thursday, December 5, 2019

Wicked Games

I was up early looking at crime scene photos....Something was bothering me...It had been bothering me since I first saw them...

It was early morning...The time when I might...tickle Olivia, wake her up and want some early morning sex...

but not this morning...I was up and showered...

Paris and Josie had spent the night...


Josie had been on an emotional roller coaster with this case...Really putting in the hours of research and strategy and taking advice from Olivia, Beverly and Nelson , who were helping her with the case,


I imagine they were all asleep....

 Or making a little early morning love.. I know Shortcake and Nelson were, the way they were kissing and all over each other by the end of last night....
and I'm pretty sure..Josie and Paris were too....

But me? I was in detective mode...I had the crime scene photos blown up and I was busy studying blood splatter and Autopsy reports...as well as the police case file.. I felt like a homicide detective again on the New Orleans Police force before I met Olivia..

"There you are...I thought you had run off and left me..." joked Olivia , who appeared in the doorway of our conference room..

I stopped what I was doing and walked over to her...Pulled her to me..

and kissed her slowly and softly...It was still early and none of the others were awake...

"Ummmmmmm you should have done this upstairs..." she giggled..


"If I had of, I wouldn't have made it downstairs...We'd yet be in bed..."I said..

"Is that a bad thing?" she asked.

"No, Not at all...but you guys need to see this.." I said..

"Well at least you're still with the team..You haven't gotten tired of me yet."

As we continued kissing passionately...

''Are you kidding me..after what you put on me last night?  You must be crazy..." I moaned in between more slow, soft ,sensual kisses that almost tempted me into taking her back upstairs to our room...


I was remembering the sweet love we made last night...EIGHT TO NINE HOURS OF IT!!

It was a wonder I even got up as early as I did after last night!

"But I have to ask...What are you doing down here, so early ???and ewwwww, those gruesome crime scene photos on the conference table.."said Olivia..

"I'm looking at this case from a different way...I'll explain it in full to everybody when they're all down here.."I said..

''Well since we are up...let's have some coffee.."said Olivia, who walked in our kitchen and put on a pot of coffee..

I walked in behind her and put my arms around her waist...

"This kitchen can tell a lot of stories..."I whispered..Thinking of the many times we'd made love in this kitchen....

"Oh My god, yes it can..." she laughed...She ran her soft hands down around the crotch area of my trousers and smiled..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you don't make any sense being this hard and this huge this early in the morning...Do I always get you this way?" she asked, kissing me softly...

''Always...Just the sound of your voice.."I said..

"Awwwwwww you are so sweet.."she said..

and we kissed some more..






II-
At the Tony Riverside condo of Attorney Jasmine Jenkins

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Oh my god Jasmine, you're driving me crazy..."moaned Attorney Chip Burrows....who she worked with..

 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh work me , work me daddy, work me like a job...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh my goodness..." moaned Jasmine..

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! OHHHHHHH MYYY GOD!!! UMMMMMMMM" he yelled..

''Chip please! please!!! I have neighbors and the window is open...you want everybody to know we are up here doin the nasty?" said Jasmine, giggling. 


"I don't care, I don't care...I don't give a damn  if the world knows how good I feel...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned.. 

She laughed... ''Glad you're enjoying yourself..but I do care....I have to live here...and I have a reputation to uphold..besides...is it that good " she giggled..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSS..OH god YESSSSSS!" he moaned..


The bed was squeaking out of control and the headboard was slamming up against the wall so hard, the paint and the plaster was coming off...

The past EIGHT TO NINE HOURS they had been going at it...


''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." "Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."screamed Jasmine

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Jasmine...Jasmine ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he screamed....

"Sock it to me Chip...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she bellowed

 "LAWDDD woman, what are you doing to meeeee?"he said...

"What am I doing to you? What are you doing to MEEEEEE?"she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've missed you girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss you are a demon in the bedddddddddd...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." Chip yelled

"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Chip..ouuuuuu......OHHHHHHH." she wailed...

 "Ohhh Jasmine, jasmine,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! " Chip yelled as he pulled out and came all over Jasmine's sheets and part of her wall..

Jasmine was already cumming and cumming hard herself..


Chip Burrows was a smooth young Black Attorney ,who had just started working at her firm...He was cute, had a huge penis and knew what to do with it..Only thing was..He didn't have much money..He was new and just starting to make his bones..

He was snoring already...

Jasmine thought about her married ,U.S. Attorney friend in D.C. Tony Richardson..

He had the cutest green eyes and also had a large penis and was an expert at making her climb the walls when they made love...He had money, prestige and everything she wanted...except he was married and had two children...Plus, commuting from Philly to D.C. was a bit much,,

Then there was the White Attorney from Cherry Hill, Jeremy Aaron...The firm had hired him on a consulting basis...They had worked a very successful case together and then they had worked each other's case a few times after the case was over..

He had the most money of the three...He was the first white guy she had ever screwed...but for his money and that fine house in Cherry Hill, she might be willing to risk it all like Melo as they say..

Chip still had her wrapped up in his arms as he smored...
Her phone lay on the end table and it was vibrating something crazy... she gently pushed Chip over on his side and she picked her phone up..

Speak of the devil...It was her White guy, Jeremy...

"Jasmine!  I had been trying to call you all of yesterday...I'm glad I finally got through to you.." he said..

"I've been busy, you know how it is..What's up? You want to get together? drinks and uh hanky panky afterwords?" she laughed.

"Uh that's what I called to tell you....I'm uh engaged... I'm going to be getting married....and I'm leaving my firm...I've accepted a job with my fiancé's firm in Atlanta, so I'll be moving at the uh end of the month....I just wanted to call to say goodbye to you and to uh tell you I had a lot of fun...and I wish you well in your uh future endeavors...." he said..

There was blank silence...

"You still there Jazz?" he asked..

(Click!)

She didn't know whether to be furious or to cry....She couldn't believe she was being thrown over..She was the one who usually threw a guy over...No matter...
Her phone was vibrating again..... ''Another call, who is this?" she asked.

It was U.S. Attorney , Tony Richardson..Her married friend.

"Heyyy Jasmine, How is everything going?" he asked..

"It's going....You know how it is...I can't wait to see you next weekend..."she said..

"Uh yeah, that's why I called...Uh look...I don't think you'd better call me again or we see each other anymore.....My wife has been getting kind of suspicious and oh yeah, she's pregnant again!!!! We are going to have baby number three...Heh heh heh!" he laughed and hung up...

"I can't believe this...Dumped by two guys in one morning...One friggin morning!"she bellowed.

III-
I instructed everybody to look at the screen...

Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie were all seated in our conference room..




They were giving me their rapt attention..

"I had the crime scene blown up.....now there is our victim...Anton "Scar" Williams...age 24, sprawled on the laundromat floor ,outside the bathroom....Gunshot wound to the chest above the heart and a second gunshot wound to the shoulder...and there is our second victim, 23 year old Andrea Robinson, eight months pregnant IN FRONT of him!  see?" I said..  "Gunshot wound to the abdomen...

Now look at the blood splatter.....His blood splatter was found all over the back of her dress, her blood splatter was found in the front....None of her blood is on him...

What if he wasn't the intended victim?...What if it was her? What if she got shot first and he came out of the restroom and witnessed it and he got shot and killed.  The gun used was a .38 smokeless...Neither of them, Scar or DC was said to own one..

Dennis "DC" Carter said he didn't own one...He carried a Glock nine, which was found on the dead man, Scar...Scar had taken his gun hours before...

Judging by the way the bodies fell, I can only conclude  that Andrea Robinson got shot first, not Scar and that maybe, just maybe...She was the intended victim. He was believe it or not in the wrong place at the wrong time!" I said.

 "Collateral Damage!!! Oh Myyyy, you may be on to something husband..."said Olivia.
"Wowwwwwwwwwww...I never would have thought about that..."said Beverly...

"I'm surprised the case detective, who was not Lt. Tragg this time...didn't catch it...."I said.

''What do we know about Andrea Robinson?" asked Josie.

"She was 23, a good girl...Graduated from West Catholic High...Had an Associates Degree from Community College, was living with her sister and her sister's boyfriend...and was working at a local Bodega...This was her first baby, or would have been...and uh nobody knows who the father is.."said Nelson..

"She got off from that Bodega at 12:30 am every morning and she would come to the laundromat and do her laundry...The guys would joke that for a pregnant girl, she sure had some sexy panties and bras...They all liked her and offered to walk her home after her laundry was done..Even Scar, the local Drug dealer would walk her home...He didn't want anything to happen to her."I said.

"Imagine that!! You think he was the father?" asked Beverly..

"That possibility was checked out...No he was not...In fact, everybody I talked to said she didn't associate romantically with any of the  neighborhood guys..."I said.

"In that neighborhood, 90 percent of them were either drug dealers, on parole or probation....I don't blame her...She was obviously trying to make something out of herself.."said Olivia..

 Alfreda walked in with a Butter Milk Bundt Cake..

"I baked it last night for you guys..." she said as she fixed plates and passed a slice to all of us...and served us coffee..

She really enjoyed working at our office...keeping up our files, keeping the place clean and orderly and doing for us..and we loved having her around...

 ''Alfreda , you are too much!" said Olivia
 "Mmmmmm Ms. Jay, this is great!" said Nelson..
"Thank you so much!" said Josie...

Beverly kissed her mother...

"Love you mommy" she said and hugged her..

"What can I say...You put your foot in this cake Alfreda.." I said..

"Thank You, Thank You..."said Alfreda...
 ADA Rockland Cambridge walked in...

"Hi everybody...."he said and looked at the lurid crime scene photos... "Wow!" he said..
 Alfreda got a plate for him  and a cup and saucer..
She gave him a sloppy , wet kiss..
 Then cut him a slice of cake
and poured him some coffee...

He looked at Josie...

"I understand you are trying Dennis Carter's case...You got his triple murder conviction overturned didn't you?" he said..

"I did..I happen to think he's innocent."said Josie..

"Yeah, so did I..."said Rockland surprisingly...

 ''What?"said Olivia..
 "Are You serious?" said a very surprised Beverly..
"You're pulling our chain.."said Nelson..

"No....What I'm going to tell you stays in this room...Is that understood?" said a now stern Rockland..

"They understand.."I said.

"I understand the original ADA, Jasmine Jenkins is retrying it too....I knew her...when she was an ADA...She was very ambitious, as was I, as is most of us...but what I didn't like, what I didn't respect is that she was willing to use short cuts...short cuts to get a conviction, make a case go down fast...She used this prostitute, April Dellums..who I had sent away twice on felony convictions..She made the charges go away mysteriously, though I have my idea as to how...She's a very attractive,flirtatious woman...She used this woman as an eyewitness in five other cases ,other than yours...She got convictions....but this woman . April Dellums was a pathological liar...and I can say with 100 percent conviction..I know she lied in at least three of those five other  cases...I know it...

Gary Lockwood and I started looking into the other cases after Josie and her professor got this one overturned...I was curious...I found the same inconsistanties in these other three cases and if you look at the other two...I wouldn't be surprised if you find them there too."said Rockland..

''We know about her and the six different murder trials she testified in...Unfortunately, she's dead..been dead for a number of years and the judge said that since she's not alive to testify one way or the other...neither side can mention her.."said Josie..

"That's a shame...because she would have made you a great alibi... I'm as cut throat in the courtroom as anyone as Olivia and Beverly well know..We've gone up against each other a number of times.. but I'm fair, I play by the rules...I don't take short cuts and I don't suborn perjury!" said Rockland.

 "This is true.You've always been tough but fair."said Olivia..
"True...You always played by the rules...I went to law school with Jasmine...She was always ambitious.. Probably more than all of us...but not like this...She and I worked in the Public Defenders office briefly too." said Beverly.

"She took each loss personally and decided that she wasn't getting where she wanted to be in the Public Defenders office...So she left to become an ADA.." said Nelson..

''Yes and she stayed with our office until the old D.A.'s term was up and she left and entered the world of Private Practice..and big money paydays...I bet she doesn't go near a courtroom anymore." said Rockland.

"She told me as much when I saw her a few weeks ago. From the Courtroom to the Boardroom she said."said Beverly.
"When I talked to her in the preliminary hearing...It was like she was someone else...Like I didn't know her anymore.. She seemed so..so Amoral."said Olivia.

"Yeah, that's the word."said Nelson..

"Exactly!!....Just be careful Josie...Know who you're up against."said Rockland..

"Thank You Rockland."said Josie..

"Some people just aint who we thought they were and when they show you who they really are..Believe em."said Alfreda..

I hugged Alfreda...My years as a Homicide Detective had taught me that much.





IV-

Kayla walked around Jasmine's condo...

She clearly was impressed as were most people from her old life who saw how she was living..

''WOW Girlfriend....You're ballin..This place is beautiful....The rent must be incredibly high."said Kayla..

"One paycheck takes care of my rent and utilities and I still have money to spare."said Jazzy.

Jasmine's 2020 Mercedes Benz with  "Jazzy Lady" monogrammed on the side in gold was equally impressive...

Jasmine was doing well...

"Glad you stopped by Kayla..Come on,let's have some drinks.." she said and mixed her a Citris Martini..

"Ummmm this is delish."said Kayla..

"Cousin Liv and Bev said that the ones they had in Seattle were the best though..." laughed Kayla.

"Liv and Bev do quite well for themselves...Liv was always smart...I knew she wasn't long for that Public Defenders Office...She cleaned up in her divorce...Bought that property

, set up her practice...


and put Bev and Nelson on as attorneys and her new husband

 as an investigator...that was brilliant...


Liv is the real baller...I respect the hell out of her hustle. They turn in a nice profit over there..

They're on the news, they travel around the country...They're ballin...but where does that leave you Kayla?" asked Jasmine..

"What do you mean? I'm proud of my two cousins and their husbands...."said Kayla..

"I'm sure you are!  You should be...You were ballin in Atlanta...You were on a fast track to make partner...Why did you leave and come back to Philly?" asked Jasmine..

"It's a long story...It was personal.."said Kayla.

"You got pregnant by a married associate...It happens...You could have rode that out...Don't look so surprised...I have good investigators at my disposal.. We looked you up."said Jasmine..

"I didn't want to ride it out...I wanted to come home, be near family.."said Kayla..

''You're not making the money you made in Atlanta...Close, but still less..You come in with me and you'll make more..and you and your hubby could live in a condo like this..be drivin a whip like mine.."said Jasmine..

"That would be nice Jazzy...Did you fast track my resume?" asked Kayla..

"I could....or I can leave it where it is and let it make it's way through the 20 or so other resume's of deserving attorneys who want a shot..."said Jasmine..

''Why would you do that?" asked Kayla, sipping her Martini.

and looking out the window at the view..
It was indeed everything they all aspired to, being young Black girls from West Philadelphia in law school.

''So! This being America...You do me a favor...I do you a favor...You been by to see cousin's Olivia and cousin Beverly?" she asked.

"No I haven't, but we are supposed to meet for drinks at Penns Landing tomorrow..."said Kayla.

''Well...the trial is coming up soon...When you meet up for drinks...It would be a nice time to find out what strategy they plan to use in this retrial...and get that information to me pronto..." said Jasmine.

"Jazz, Jazzy, you're a great attorney...If you got a conviction before...How come you don't have faith in getting one this time on your skill alone???...My cousins aren't gods...I'm sure they can lose at some time too..and they're not even trying the case..Josie is...It's a school project for god sake."said Kayla..

"Last time I tried this case...It was against a scared little white girl....A new Public defender who had no business taking on a triple murder case her second or third time out..She was in over her head....I made mince meat out of her...but this time...I'm going against Olivia Bennett-Alexander ,

who is kind of like my mentor...and


Beverly West and Nelson East...her prize students...It won't be the same.." said Jasmine..

"You mean you'll be facing your equals....And you don't have faith that you can beat them on your own huh?Like I just said..They aren't trying the case...Their para-legal is.. She's a second year law student.. Piece of cake for you.." said Kayla.

''She works for them...You don't think they'll be advising her?? Come On Kayla grow Up...You know the deal. Everybody needs an edge in this game...You know that? said Jasmine..

"Here's the thing...Cousins Olivia and Beverly aren't trying the case....Neither is Nelson...Sure they'll be assisting, but they won't be arguing this case...How many times I got to say that?

Josie Boyd is..She's a Law Student...She's not a lawyer yet...She hasn't passed the bar ! There is your advantage okay? Almost the same advantage you had in the first trial." said Kayla..

"No....No it's not... Josie Boyd has been with  Olivia and Beverly since they opened up shop...she's been in and out of court with them....Even though she's a Para-legal, she's got the courtroom experience and poise of someone four years out of law school.. She's not some scared recent graduate...She's not your cousin...She aint blood, She works for your cousins....Getting that information for me is not a bertrayal of them."said Jasmine..

''Josie Boyd is  a friend. A good friend.. She's worked for me as a para -legal a few times.. She's been with cousin Olivia and Cousin Beverly since they opened up shop...She's very good and she's loyal...." said Kayla..

"Okay Kayla, let me spell it out for you....I'm going to call you sometime this weekend...You are going to have the information I want regarding their strategy....If you don't...You can forget EVER working at my firm and your aunt and cousin jusssssst might get an audited recording of this conversation...Which would be hard for you to explain to them..." said Jasmine.

''That's Blackmail....I don't believe we are having this conversation....Are you taping this part too? Who Are you?....Jazzy ,We used to be friends.. Now it's like I don't know who you are!" said Kayla as she got up...

"Maybe you never knew me.. I'm the product of a single mother from the projects, you at least lived with both parents and in a house.....I'm a long way from the jects baby girl..and I aim to stay as far away from that life as possible..I don't even want to be defending or prosecuting dregs from our old neighborhood anymore...I'm out of the courtroom...I'm in the boardroom baby girl..

There are no friends at this level, just mutual interests...You have an interest in the good life, as you should...Let's see what you'll do to get it... This damn case could cause me problems, Ethical problems if I lose it.. I need to win it and go on with my life..."said Jasmine.

"You're right, Maybe I never knew you Jazzy...We all come from West Philly, We all strove to make something out of ourselves...but I won't sleep my way to the top or cheat my way....I'll be awaiting your call and then...Maybe we should never talk again, regardless if I get the job or not! "said Kayla.

''We all do what we gotta do Kayla...Sorry you feel that way..I always liked you Bennett girls..You'll be hearing from me..Trust me , this won't hurt anybody...I still love Olivia and Beverly, I'm not a monster...I would never hurt them...but Josie? I don't know her, but she's a law student...This won't hurt her...She'll pass the bar and be a great attorney...and this case will be forgotten...Who cares about some loser from the hood, who was selling drugs anyway.? If he didn't go down for this..For sure, he'd of went down sooner or later for something else.  The streets are better off with his kind in jail.."said Jasmine.

THE NEXT DAY-

Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Kayla and I sat on the deck of the Moshulu...A Boat turned into a stylish restaurant at Penns Landing and had drinks..



Mimosas..

"Donnie Ray, you were right on the money....I'm glad I was wearing a wire...She was planning to blackmail me as you heard..."said Kayla.

''Yeah, we heard......This means..without her eyewitness, which neither side can mention...She doesn't have much of a case.."I said.

 "I can't believe her...It's like I never knew her at all...My little Jazzy, my feisty little protĂ©gĂ© has forgotten everything I tried to teach her,"said Olivia..who looked sad..
"When...How did she get this jaded? I mean we all wanted nice things..All of us..but to what extent?" asked Beverly..

"Ambition...wow!  I just wanted to be a good lawyer, Do something good." said Nelson..

"That's what I want." said Josie..

"That's what I wanted...I didn't expect everybody to be the crusader I was...but I expected you all, I taught you all ,to respect the work, to do the work, to put in the work."said Olivia.

 "Yes You did Auntay..Yes you did...I never forgot that! I remember what you always told me about integrity... "said Beverly, hugging her aunt.
"Yes you did..I remember the little lecture you gave me when I graduated law school and as I was leaving to go to Atlanta...I never took a short cut,I always did the work..."said Kayla..Hugging her cousin, who was more like a big sister to her..

 "You taught me those things too Liv, when I was just a green Public Defender...I-I never forgot."said Nelson...
"Cheers" said Josie..

We all raised our glasses...

I rubbed Olivia's legs softly...

''Damn girl, you can't believe how turned on that speech of yours got me.."I said to Olivia.

She looked at me and smiled...

''I believe it...You're always turned on.." she said and laughed...

The trial was starting soon..


(CONCLUSION NEXT))










2 comments:

Lisa said...

jUST ASKING...Who Hasn't U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson screwed? Myyy goodness?

Sunflower said...

I was going to ask the same thing!