Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Stanga On My Mind

TWO DAYS LATER-


The Five of us hit the road around three in the morning and made the five and a half hour drive to Stanga, Pennsylvania, home of Stanga State Prison...

I drove the first two hours...

Nelson drove the next two hours..

I finished off the drive... The "Girls"

my wife,  OLIVIA
 Her niece, BEVERLY
and JOSIE , were all sound asleep in the back seat...

The prison was actually on the outskirts of the town...



This town ,like most prison towns was almost totally supported by the prison...A great deal of the local men and some women were correctional officers... Some teachers taught classes at the prison, some doctors and nurses and counselors worked at the  prison... The prison had a softball team, a football team and a basketball team, oh and a swim team too.. A lot of the locals went to the prison to get their fix of local sports...

The huge prison was the town's biggest employer, it's next biggest employer was Super-Walmart..where we stopped.. The girls,




Olivia, Beverly and Josie stopped in the Walmart and bought groceries and Beer... They bought Wine from the local state store...

Naturally we were stared at...African-Americans...It wasn't too many in this town and the only ones these people were used to seeing were inmates at the prison...

We told the towns people that we were mostly attorneys , representing one of the inmates...This put a lot of people at ease...
The town was actually pretty...

Beverly and Josie had gone on the internet and found us a nice Air BNB...which they made reservations for and paid for in advance...

We stopped and got the key and headed to it..



It was nice..It had two floors and an Attic..

Nelson and  I unloaded the Laptops
and law books out of the SUV and found a room and set everything up...

I checked the inside out from top to bottom and then the rest of us came in and settled in..

 "This is nice..a little smaller than our last two, but nice just the same.."said Olivia..
 "I kinda miss Ms. Yvette and the guys in her crew not being with us...but this will do for the five of us."said Beverly..
 "Yeah, this will do.."said Nelson..
Josie was oblivious to all of us..She was on her phone..

"Yes Dennis..We are here..I'm here with the lawyers I work for.." she said..

"Oh Good, you don't know how good, how hopeful this makes me feel...And also...I'll be glad to see you..." he said softly...

Josie didn't say anything back, but she appeared to be blushing...

Beverly looked at her friend, but didn't say anything..

Olivia looked at her watch...

"It was a good idea for us to come up a day early and get situated...I know everybody is probably starving...I know I am..Come on Niecey Poo, help me fix breakfast..." she said..

My stomach was growling...That was a good idea, I thought..

Olivia and Beverly gathered up what we had brought and began fixing breakfast...

 ''Who is Josie talking to? She's blushing and just laughing and giggling like a school girl."observed Olivia.
"I think it's her client...I hope she's not sweet on him for two reasons...One..I happen to like Paris..and two these inmates are desperate...They're aren't around a lot of women and they'll say anything and are good at reading people...They're all big playas.."said Beverly...
"Listen to Ms. Experienced....It wasn't too long ago, I was teaching you about those kind of men." said Olivia, smiling at her niece..

"I remember all those talks in my room when I was a teenager and in my apartment after you was married to bum ass  Elwood and stayed with me awhile...They were special Auntay.." gushed Beverly.

"They were."said Olivia, smiling mistily.
Josie finally ended her phone call..she walked into the kitchen...

"Let me help with something.." she said..

"You can start the coffee.."said Olivia..

Beverly just stared at her friend, but said nothing...

Nelson stared at her too!

I was hungry...I didn't care...

In no time

 we were treated to a stack of pancakes
 Hash Browns
 Omelettes to order..
 Sausage
and hot coffee...

I figured ..later today...I'd drive around Stanga..

See what, if anything there was to it..





II-

We went to Stanga State Prison the next day....It wasn't my first time at this prison... I was impressed by how large and spread out it was... It had a swimming pool, Two Basketball courts, A Baseball diamond, a football field..and several classrooms...still, it was a prison, a maximum security prison...The guard towers with armed guards was a constant reminder of that...

Dennis Carter looked like just what I suspected he'd look like..Six Foot Four, heavily muscled...short close cropped haircut..He had on a white jump suit and blue sneakers...signifying he was lifer... Lifers and Death row inmates wore white jumpsuits...General population inmates wore orange...

Josie blushed and gushed like a school girl upon seeing him...

''Dennis, these are the lawyers I told you about..."she said..

Dennis's eyes got as large as saucers...

"BEVERLY??? BEVERLY WEST??  You work for BEVERLY??  Oh My god!!!" he exclaimed..

"Hi Dennis...You didn't think I was going to stay at the Public Defenders office forever did you?" laughed Beverly...

"No I guess I didn't!  Aunt Olivia? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I remember you...Beverly's sexy auntie...You two have a law firm now huh? I'm not surprised....Aunt and Niece..." said Dennis..

"Yes...For a few years now..Hi Dennis." said Olivia.

He looked at Nelson...He smiled..

"Ha Ha...I remember you......Nelson....You had a thing for Beverly.....I remember you..Hahhahaha...She used to curve you all the time...You still working with these two...How you doin?"he said, laughing..

Nelson smiled..

''Yeah..I'm still with them....I'm doin good!" he said.

"I stopped curving him a long time ago.......He's my husband now...I'm married to him!"said Beverly, holding his hand softly...

Dennis reared back in his seat...

"No kidding?..You and Nelson married??? He looked at the matching wedding bands....

"Ha Ha...Much respect mannnn...You got a fine one right there....If I hadn't kept getting locked up,I was gonna ask her to marry me.." he said and busted out laughing..

Beverly cracked up...."Yeahhh right...In your dreams..." she said..
He looked at me...

"Nice suit my man...and you are?" he asked.

''He's my husband...He's an ex-Homicide Detective....Now he's my firm's investigator.." said Olivia...

"Niceeeeeee, much respect dude..." said Dennis..  He looked at Josie.. "These three right here...Ms. Olivia, Beverly and Nelson were like the only Public Defenders that actually tried to get you off, that actually did the work.....All those others just told you to take a plea...but these three were the real thing...I'm not surprised they workin together in the private sector....You with some good people Josie..If I had listened to them when they told me to slow my roll...I wouldn't even be here right now."he said..

But it was as if Josie didn't exist...He couldn't take his eyes off Beverly...
His spell over Josie was gone...She had noticed how he fawned over Beverly and was still checking out her body...He had done the same thing to her when it was just the two of them...


Olivia had surmised the whole situation...She put her arms around Josie and hugged her..
''Why don't you tell us just what happened that night Dennis?" I asked him...

"I was an enforcer for Manny Spain's organization...We sold a product, Heroin, Cocaine, whatever to all of the drug organizations in the area...I heard that this guy, Scar..had set up in the laundromat and was selling a cheaper product to those same organizations...Several crews had stopped buying from us altogether..So I went to confront him...

I caught a guy named Eli Wallace buying weight from him... I told Eli to give him his product back and get his money back.,...He owed me money anyway...

I told him, "You know this is Manny Spain's territory..."

Scar put a glock to my head... He took my gun off of me...took my money and took some baggies off of me and told me to get in the wind..

I told him that Manny Spain was not gonna like this..He said he didn't give a merry damn about Manny Spain...

I left...and I didn't come back...I didn't have a gun...I kept trying to tell the police that...

Next morning...I hear that Scar was shot to death ,along with a pregnant woman...I figured she must have witnessed it and she was killed for seeing it... I didn't kill Scar, I didn't see him anymore that day..and that eye ball witness, that lying trick...April Dellums...She was six blocks away that night in the parking lot of the bowling alley where I was, givin Tater Jackson head in the backseat of his jeep..She didn't see me do nothin...She couldn't have..She wasn't there." said Dennis.

''Well both Tater Jackson and April Dellums are long dead....Do you have any other people who can alibi for you?"asked Olivia..

''The boy, Eli Wallace...He saw me later on that night...at the Bowling alley....In fact, he was the one who told me that somebody shot Scar...He was an inmate here until last year...He got paroled.. He home now." said Dennis..

''When we get back to Philly, I'll look him up" I said....

"They are going to Transfer you to CFC in Philly in about two days...I doubt that you'll get bail...but we will begin working on your new trial."said Nelson..

"Hang tight...we are going to get you out of here.."said Beverly...

"We'll see you in Philly.."said Josie..

"I definitely will be looking forward to seeing you Josie.." he said flirtatiously...

III-

Back in our Air BNB

 We had some New York Strip Steaks the girls had picked up...Which I put on the grill...
 Some Baked Potatoes
and a nice port I picked up from the local wine and spirits store...

We relaxed in our nice living room before we retreated to our rooms...

Josie sat in the living room with her laptop...

Beverly sat next to her and smiled..

"He was cute wasn't he?  Built...muscular..seductive….but still ,just a playa.."said Beverly softly...

"I was uh starting to fall for him....I was losing my objectivity for a minute...They uh don't teach that in law school...How not to fall into those kinds of traps.."said Josie..

"No they don't...That's a life lesson.....He's locked up...He's going to make a play for any female that comes near him...but out on the street...it's a whole different story..."said Beverly...

"I'm going to face time Paris...Sometimes we forget what we have..." said Josie..

Beverly hugged her friend and kissed her on the cheek..

"Good For you girlfriend.." she said and walked into her room..

Nelson looked at her..

"Josie alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, she'll be fine.."said Beverly...

She kissed Nelson slowly and softly....

"I see you're fine right now.." she said..

"Yes I am..." said Nelson...

"You are so funny when you're horny." she whispered, continuing to kiss her...

Nelson lifted her sheer night gown over her head and slowly slipped her panties down.\
He laid her softly across the bed and began making sweet love to her ….

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…"moaned Nelson as the bed began to squeak.....

"Nothing funny about what you do to me."cooed Beverly....

Next door, Olivia sat in yet another sheer slip dress with matching bikini panties on...

''Well when we get back to Philly ..we have our work cut out for us...We have to find that other dealer..Eli Wallace....Hopefully he's still alive.."said Olivia..

"I checked his prison records before I left... He was released on parole in April of last year...He is presently employed as a meat packer and lives in Southwest Philly...No report of him being deceased..So assuming he's still amongst the living...I'm going to look him up.."I said.

"Ummmmmmmm you are soooo good..."cooed Olivia..she noticed how I'd been staring at her the entire time we had been talking...

''Do I uh get a reward for being good?" I asked her raffishly...

''Come here! You've been staring at me, more than you have been concentrating on what you were trying to tell me..."whispered Olivia..

We kissed passionately...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Come and get your rewarrrrrddd!" Olivia cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you drive me crazyyyyyy." I said.

"Just doing my job.." she cooed..

"Ummmmm, you do it so well.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned..

It wasn't long before we were in bed , making sweet love....Our bed was noisy, squeaking like crazy, The headboard was  rattling...Our bed at home had spoiled the both of us...

We were both embarrassed at the noise we were making..but neither of us was about to stop...

Beverly and Nelson's bed was equally noisy..


and they like us was not about to stop...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Beverly....Beverly, why you have to be so damn sexy?" asked Nelson..

"I can't help it husband.." she cooed..

Their bed began to squeak and squeak loudly...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girrrrl…" he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she cried out...

The headboard was rattling louder than ours...

The noise coming from both of our rooms was deafening....

We knew Josie could probably hear us in the living room...

Actually, she couldn't...She was already in her room, sound asleep.






IV-
We drove home the next day...
"The next time we visit that prison,

 we are taking the train.." I joked as we pulled up ..

"That's fine by me...I like a train ride..."said Beverly...

''Remember the time we took a train up there that time we worked the Blakely case?" said Nelson...

Beverly smiled and rubbed his hands, remembering..

"I do...You had broken up with Jasmin Jenkins


...and we had started going out again...and I worked that case with you...I leaned my head on your shoulder and fell asleep and when I woke up....
I kissed you for the first time.."said Beverly softly...
"I remember...You told me that I still wasn't your man, but that we were friends for life no matter what happened."said Nelson..

And we kissed the whole train ride up and back.." he remembered...

 "Awwww that was so sweet....My niece was marking her territory...That was kind of like her down payment on you.." said Olivia.
"And look at you two now, married and doing a lot more than kissing..

 Beverly rubbed Nelson's hands...

"Most definitely..." she said and winked at Nelson..
"Yes indeed." he said...smiling sheepishly...

as they kissed some more..

Meanwhile inside...

Alfreda and Rockland were kissing passionately...

Rockland was moaning, trying to unbuckle Alfreda's slacks...She softly removed his hands..

 "Uh uhhh can't do that today sweetie...The kids just drove up..."she said...Buckling her slacks up and fixing her makeup and lipstick...
Rockland grimaced..He reluctantly let Alfreda out of his embrace as she walked outside to greet us..

"Hail Hail, the conquering heroes return.."said Alfreda..

''We brought you something back from the Prison gift shop.."I said and passed her a small package..

"Oh Gee, you shouldn't have....REALLY, you shouldn't have."said Alfreda..

 Olivia cracked up laughing...
 Beverly laughed too..
"Open it up Ms. Alfreda." said Josie..

Alfreda opened up the package... It was an Electric Chair bank...Alfreda smiled..

"Gee just what I always wanted...A Toy Electric Chair..Wow!"she said and cracked up laughing..

Now Nelson laughed...

Rockland appeared at the door..

''Well back in town...You guys about to overturn yet another verdict eh?" he laughed..

"You make it sound soooo bad Rockland..The man is innocent."said Olivia.

"But of course." joked Rockland..
The Seven of us went inside...We had Work to do..


(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: