Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Neat Frame

Olivia, Beverly, Josie and Nelson appeared in court the next day with B.L.





The Assistant District Attorney prosecuting the case was none other than the D.A.'s son, Chris Garcetti..

He had lost twice to Olivia and Beverly and once to Yvette Jones and her crew...Marking his only losses as a prosecutor..He was anxious to face them again....

"You Honor, the defendant, Brian Lazurus Benz is charged with the capital crime of murder in the first degree and because he is...and it's such a serious crime...I argue that he be denied bail...He posses an imminent threat to the community at large.." said Chris Garcetti.

 "Chris you can't possibly believe that...You know the defendent personally..You've been on his television show.." argued Olivia..
"Our client, Mr. Benz, is an Attorney himself and a well known Television Journalist....He has no priors and poses no threat to the community at large."said Beverly..

"He is charged with snapping the neck of Ms. Doreen Clark in a sleazy motel room...when a sexual transaction for pay went wrong.."said Chris...

"We are not arguing the case here..We are arguing for bail...We can get into the specifics a little later." said Nelson...

The Judge , Tad Thornton...a younger man said..

"I agree Mr. East....We are arguing bail and I know of Mr. Benz's accomplishments...butttt..due to the seriousness of his crime...I am going to deny bail at this time!" he said.


Chris Garcetti smiled...

 "Oh My God B.L.  I am soooo sorry."said Olivia.
"I didn't expect them to deny us bail.."said Beverly...

"I didn't either.."said Josie..

B.L. sighed...

"Oh well...You did the best you could.." he said..

Lt. Tragg stood outside the courtroom...He had a copy of today's newspaper..He was giddy, almost laughing...

B.L. Benz was on the front page...

HOST OF HARD BOTTOM AND WRONGFULLY CONVICTED INDICTED FOR MURDER OF PROSTITUTE!!!!

He laughed so hard , he couldn't contain himself...He had just planned to humiliate him, have Karen break up with him because of the photos.....but this...a Murder!! This was better than he could have hoped...  He wondered if B.L. really did kill that girl? And if he didn't? Who Did?






II-


That was the question , I was attempting to answer...

First off...B.L. was right..He didn't text Karen...at least not from his phone...I checked both of his phones...His personal phone and his business phone...No calls or texts were made after 12:00 noon yesterday...

There was a bottle of wine in his back seat with a ribbon around it he purchased from the Wine and spirits shoppe at around 4:30 pm yesterday...

The film from the Shoppe shows the woman, Doreen Clark approaching him in the wine and spirits shoppe..It shows them talking and them leaving together...

I next traveled to the small café that they ate and drank in...I caught a break...The place had closed and was just opening when I got there...The nights dishes and glasses hadn't been cleaned yet...

I found the two glasses they drank from....and saw film footage of their verbal exchange...

I saw B.L. passing out and I saw film footage of Doreen paying the bill and calling an UBER...

I found the Uber driver who picked them up...

"He was out cold...The babe practically carried him into the hotel....I didn't think this guy was going to be able to perform...." he said..

In the motel where the murder occurred...I found my friend. Dr. Hazel Baylor..Deputy Coroner and Forensic Investigator for Philadelphia County..

 "Hi Donnie Ray...I heard Olivia was defending B.L. I'm here looking at clues.."she said.
Her crime scene investigators found fingerprints and DNA of not just Doreen and B.L. , but someone else..!!

''Someone had sex with her...shortly before she died..and it wasn't B.L.  We found what is commonly known as a roofie in his urine...Enough to knock out a horse...No way he did anything in here last night...We found semen inside the body and in her panties that doesn't match B.L.'s at all..and it was recently deposited, probably right before she died.."said Hazel..

"Wow!  He says he was drugged...Here are the two drink glasses...from the resturaunt they were in...Can you get an analysis for me?" I asked.

"Sure..It'll take a day or two...but I'm on it.." said Hazel...

''Was Tragg the arresting detective?" I asked.

"Of course and you've already done a better ,more thorough job than he has.." said Hazel..

III-

Back at the office I got the bad news...


"They denied B.L. bail..."said Beverly somberly...


''WHAT? You're kidding...The man has one of the most recognizable faces in the city...He's a TV star for cryin out loud...He's also an Attorney and he's got no priors..."I said.

"That was our argument..The Judge didn't buy it..."said Olivia..


"New Judge I take it.." I said..

"He's not that new..His name is Tad Thornton.."said Nelson...

 "He was a Public defender for all of six months..Then he went over to the D.A.'s office as an  ADA."said Beverly..
"He has the dubious distinction of having been turned down by both Beverly and myself.."said Olivia..

 "Yup...I remember.."said Nelson..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu Dish, I've got to hear this.."said Josie..

"He must have asked me out about ten times...The first five times I said no was because I was married to Elwood..He said he could be discreet...That turned me off right then and there..I imagined that my ex-husband Elwood used that same line on women he wanted to bed. After my divorce..He was one of a number who tried to put their bid in for me and one of a number I flatly rejected..."said Olivia..

"Then he started sending me flowers and asking me out...We did go to lunch once or twice...Larry North and Nelson were so upset....And at one point, I had all three of them jocking me...I caught Larry North with you know who and

 Nelson actually started dating Jazzy.

...Which left Tad..I wasn't interested...I asked him..."Weren't you trying to date my aunt just three months ago?"and he lied...tried to deny it..I was like no thank you...I'm good..And that was the end of that..."said Beverly...

''So what happened then?"asked Josie..

''Tad and I actually wound up at the same law firm.. He left the D.A.'soffice, a little before I left the Public Defender's Office...He was over me by then...He dated and married another Attorney who worked there...And they both left for another firm....They divorced within a years time ,if it was that long...and he got kicked to the curb...His father , who is also a Judge, got him a job in the District Attorney's office again..Where he was an ADA for years....Now he's a Judge...and he is delighted to be thwarting Beverly and I ,I'll bet....We were actually in Law school around the same time..He was a year ahead of me and Vettie."said Olivia.

''The minute I saw his snarky ass...I knew what was up.."said Nelson.

''Wow! and get this...Chris Garcetti is trying the case.." said Josie..

"You guys are just bringing me all kinds of good news today...Here is what I got...One..B.L. told the truth...I checked both of his phones..His Business phone and his personal phone...He did not text Karen yesterday....I checked the number of her text that was supposedly from him and it's from a burner phone...

I went by the Café they were at...I managed to find the two glasses they drank from..I gave them to Hazel for analysis..

''She took a urine sample from him ,since he claimed he was drugged and guess what??...He was telling the truth again...He was roofied.. Hazel said he had enough Rohypnol in his system to knock out a horse. According to Traffic, Street Cam and Business Cam footage...This girl, Doreen Clark approached him about having information on some kind of police conspiracy to withhold information that could exonerate some guy.. We never got the guys name...She gave B.L. a key to a safe deposit box that supposedly had a zip drive that contained all this evidence...but that whole story was more than likely bogus."I said.

"How do you know?" asked Olivia..

"Because I found the key in B.L.'s clothes..I had Nelson run down the key.."I said.


"That's not a key to a safe deposit box...That's a key to the ladies restroom at the YWCA in Center City.."said Nelson..

Beverly cracked up laughing...

"And I looked at those photos....The ones sent to Karen....B.L. is unconscious....If you look carefully enough you can see it...She just posed in her panties and bra on the bed with him...He's out like a light.."said Josie..

"I found the Uber driver that dropped them off at the sleazy motel...He said that the girl practically dragged B.L. into that room.."I said..

''A nice neat frame.. but why kill her? She did what she was paid to do?" asked Olivia..

"Good Question Liv....B.L. would have been too weak to kill her...plus, Hazel told me that someone else was in that room and they had sex with her before they killed her...There is semen in her vagina and in her panties , Semen that does not match B.L.'s DNA..."I said..

"Oh My....We got a great defense..."said Beverly...

''But who did this and why?"asked Nelson...

''We have to look into this girl.."said Josie.

IV-




ADA Karen Page sat in Curly's Bar with her good friend, Attorney Yvette Jones..
"Ouuuu I just can't believe him!" she snarled..


''Karen...Karen...I believe I know B.L.  He adores you..He would never cheat on you...There has to be some type of explanation..."said Yvette..

Karen showed her the photographs of B.L. in the hotel room with the now deceased Doreen Clark...

"Look at that, there they are leaving the liquor store...There they are drinking in the café...and there they are in the bedroom...And after he texted me , telling me he was at work...He lied to me.." said Karen...

"Let me see your phone...Let me see your text..."said Yvette...

She looked at the text message and the number...

"That's not B.L.'s business phone...I know from the times he's contacted me and my guys to be on his show...I don't recognize that number."said Yvette..

"He has a personal phone.."said Karen...


''Well when he calls you from that number...Doesn't his face show up?" asked Yvette...

Karen looked at the number..

"Yeah, it does!!That's not his personal phone...I don't recognize the number..." said Karen..

"And look at these photos here in the bedroom....B.L. looks unconscious....In fact look at this one..His eyes are closed and his body is limp....I know men and you know men too...A girl has on a bra like that and a pair of panties like that...no straight man's eyes are going to be closed and uh, he's not going to be limp....ANYWHERE!!!  You know that much yourself." said Yvette..

''He said he was drugged...I didn't believe him...You think he might be telling the truth about this?" asked Karen..

''All I know is things aren't always as they seem..And isn't it funny that these photos were delivered to you... Just you....Somebody wanted to make sure YOU saw these photos...Doesn't that bother you?" asked  Yvette....

"Hmmmm, that does sound a little suspicious..You talk to Liv? I hear she and Beverly are defending him.."asked Karen...

"I did briefly....

She said he was denied bail and that the ADA is  Chris Garcetti and the Judge is Tad Thornton..."said Yvette.


"Ouuuuuu, Tad Thornton....He's cute!" said Karen...



''Olivia said he used to have a thing for her back when she was a public defender....She was married at the time and she turned him down.....So he turned his attentions toward her niece, Beverly.. That didn't go over well for him either." said Yvette..

"Men! They are sooo stupid sometimes...He didn't think they'd talk?  He had to know Beverly and Olivia's connection." laughed Karen..

Just then Lt. Tragg walked over to the table...

"Evening ladies.. Yvette, look who I just happened to run into!" he said.

"Hey Babe!" said Gary Lockwood..Investigator at the D.A.'s office and Yvette's significant other..

"Hey Lover."said Yvette..

They embraced in a soft kiss...

"Karen ,I'm sooo sorry about what happened...I never imagined that B.L. would ever cheat on you and then try to cover it up with a murder too! You think you know somebody!" he said..

'''Well we don't know  all of the facts yet...but it doesn't matter to me...I'm done with him."she said.. A tear running down her face...

"I'm here for ya baby....If you need to talk...If you need uh anything...I'm always here...You have my number.."said Lt. Tragg with a sly smirk!...

''Zelda...Drinks for the table.." he said..



Two Citris Martinis and Two Mango Martini's arrived..



Yvette and Gary stopped kissing long enough to say "Thank you" in unison...

''Don't mention it.." laughed Lt. Tragg.


 ''Arthur I appreciate this....I really do...but understandably....I-I am just emotionally exhausted right now...This is all so sudden.."said Karen..
"Baby...Baby....I certainly understand....I'm just letting you know...I'm available as I've always been.." he said softly....

"That's sweet." said Karen, who rewarded him with a soft kiss...
"Ohhhhhhh babbbbyyyy!" moaned Lt. Tragg… "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." he continued to moan...in between a passionate kiss.
 Yvette looked on in shock...

"She is more emotionally exhausted and unsound than I thought.." she said..
"Indeed!" said Gary....




And at our office...

We were all in the conference room...

"Look B.L.'s urinalysis came back positive...He was roofied...Hazel just got the results of what was left in the two drink glasses...Same conclusion...Plus the Uber Drivers statement about the girl having to carry him into the motel...He was drugged and that phony story was used to lure him to the café..."I said.

 "Okay, he was drugged and lured to that café with a phony story and the phony key...Then photographed nude with this hooker in a motel...and the photographs delivered to Karen..."said Olivia.
 "But Not to the press....Not to Media or the Television Station...Someone clearly wanted to humiliate B.L. and ruin his relationship with Karen..."said Beverly..
''And so the question remains...Why kill her? She did what she was paid to do...Why Kill her?" asked Nelson..

"That nags at me too!  I've got to do some more digging, Find out more about this girl..."I said..

"I don't know what it is...but something just seems off...Doesn't fit the pattern or the rhythm."said Josie..

"You're right.."said Olivia..


Rockland and Alfreda were in the front room kissing passionately when the doorbell rang...

 ''Ummmm hold that thought lover...I've got to answer this.."said Alfreda..
"Oh My goddd.."said Rockland, who was just seconds from exploding...

''Hello, My name is Burt Vandenburg....I'm a Private Investigator....I need to speak to Olivia and Beverly!" he said.


(TO BE CONTINUED)






No comments: