Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Long Green

TWO DAYS LATER-






Jessica Lee walked into Sam Mother's diner..She looked around...  Sam Mother had never seen her before..

''What are you havin missy?" he asked.
"I
"I'll start with a cup of coffee." she said and smiled sweetly..

"Comin right up." said Sam.

Lieutenant Arthur Tragg walked in....He took one look at Jessica and was bowled over..

"Wellllllll Hellllooooo!" he said and smiled and sat down next to her..

"Hello." said Jessica.

"I've never seen you in here before.." he said.

"I haven't been in here in years....Not since I was in Law school.."said Jessica..

"So you're an Attorney eh?  Workin in the D.A.'s office?" asked Lt. Tragg...

"No...I'm not working anywhere at the moment...I was formerly employed over in Cherry Hill...I have decided to ply my trade here in Philly.."said Jessica.

"Ohhhhhh I see...I'm Arthur Tragg….Lieutenant Arthur Tragg, Homicide..." he said..

Sam brought her ,her cup of coffee...

"Her coffee is on me Sam."said Lt. Tragg..

Sam Mother just smiled..

"Your usual today Artie..?" he asked..




"Yeah...Fried eggs, toast, Hash Browns, Sausage and Coffee....What are you havin darlin?" he asked..

"Oh that's alright...I'm meeting some friends here and here they come.." she said and smiled..

 Bee Bee and Kahlil walked in..

"Good Morning Jessica, Sorry we are late..We had to make a couple of stops.."explained Bee Bee..
''Hey Jessica... Did you get a table yet?" asked Kahlil..


"No I just got here myself...I ordered a coffee...Let's get a table." said Jessica.

"You work with them?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Oh No...but I went to Law School with them....They're representing me in a rather sensitive matter." said Jessica.

"Ohhhh, it's not criminal is it?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Not on my part....I'm suing uh one of my former employers and a former customer....I'm not at liberty to discuss that with anyone but my attorneys...You understand..."said Jessica..

"Ohh yes...Of course..."said Lt. Tragg..

"Thank you for the coffee.."said Jessica...

"Oh You're welcome."said Lt. Tragg...He watched as



Jessica , Bee Bee and Kahlil took a seat....

Their boss , Yvette Jones walked in, spotted them and sat down in the booth with them...

"Hey Sam...what's the skinny on the babe?" asked Lt. Tragg...

"I don't know her...Today is the first time I've ever seen her.."said Sam..

"She said she ate here when she was in law school years ago.."said Lt. Tragg..

"So did a lot of people Artie...I just remember the ones who continued to come back...Like Yvette, Bee Bee, Kahlil..." he said..

II-

 I had spent most of the past two nights in Hustler's Gentleman club with Jade and Sofia..

 Nobody would talk to me...And those that did ,swore that they didn't know anything or see anything...
 Jade  was getting the same responses....She had work records to prove that these people had been at work on those nights... They admitted it  but still insisted they hadn't even seen Jessica in the club or Nathan Jurgins....
Sofia was not any more successful  either... She was flat out refused ,when she asked to see footage from the night in question, three weeks before..
Sofia was offered a job at the club...

''With a body like yours baby you could make a mint.."said the Assistant manager.. "And you're pretty  too." said another person...

Sofia smiled but deffered...






Jade contacted the police officer who took Jessica's complaint... He said they did a rape kit...but since the person used a condom...all they could confirm was that spermicide was found in her vagina..He didn't look at or examine ripped panties because "she could have ripped them herself, "he said..

Jade asked him if he even spoke to Nathan Jurgens... He said he called him and his representative denied that Mr. Jurgens was even at the club." he said..

Jade was incredulous..."But you didn't talk to him?" she asked..

The Police Officer refused to talk to Jade any further...



Sofia, Jade and I found customers who had been at the club the night in question, but they saw nothing...They confirmed seeing Jessica and Mr. Jurgins enter the private room, but that was all..

At Sam Mother's Diner....

''So where is the rest of your team? Any news yet?" asked Jessica..

"Keith and Sofia were sleeping when I left them this morning..." said Bee Bee...She kind of wanted Jessica to know that...

She ordered some Pancakes and sausages



"You four live together?" asked Jessica, smiling..

Her order of Pancakes arrived shortly thereafter..

"No...Bee Bee and Sofia have a big apartment on the first floor... Keith's apartment is a floor above them and I live down the hall from Keith...Last night we , Keith and I stayed with Sofia and Bee Bee."explained Kahlil...

who ordered an Omelette for himself and Ms. Yvette , before she had arrived...



"Oh it's cool and all...I was just askin…"said Jessica with a smile..

''For the past two days and nights they have been at that so called gentlemen's club you used to work at called HUSTLERS....interviewing employees and customers alike....No one either knows you or saw you and Jurgens there on the night you claim he raped you..."said Yvette..

"That's impossible....I'm known...Believe me...I'm known....I'm on the film footage...They have a video camera that films everything , except the goings on in the private rooms...I'm all over it.."said Jessica.

''Well you see that's just the problem....They wouldn't even let Jade, Keith and Sofia look at the film footage..They ushered them out...They found a couple of customers who did remember seeing you both...but they just saw you...They don't know what happened in that private room."said Yvette.

"What about the cop? I filed a complaint...They did a rape kit.."said Jessica.

"They found the cop...He said the rape kit only found spermicide , meaning your guy used a condom...He never looked at your ripped panties..or did any kind of examination...In fact he intimated that you might have ripped your panties yourself.."said Kahlil..

"Oh come on!!!....You can't see what this is??? Don't you see what this is? He's loaded....Jurgens paid everybody off, maybe ,including that cop...Nobody saw anything...So this is how it goes? A rich connected guy can rape me...and get away with it because he has enough money to pay everyone for their silence...It's not right...it's not fair." said Jessica , now almost in tears...

For the first time Bee Bee felt sympathy for her....

"It happens a lot Jessica...He's a rich , connected guy. has city contracts, is friends with the mayor and who were you?  Just some former stripper who gave him a lap dance....I know you did it to put yourself through school...I imagine a lot of those girls in there are putting themselves through school or paying bills or something...Nobody does that because they like it...but you're seen as nobody to the rich guys who flow through there..It doesn't matter that what you say is true...All that matters is what we can prove."said Bee Bee, hugging her..

"I'm not a nobody...I'm not....I just didn't want to be in debt ..It was just a means to an end..."said Jessica..

"I know.....I said it was going to be an uphill battle, but we haven't given up yet..."said Yvette..who was proud of what Bee Bee had said.. She had taught Bee Bee that..and proud of the work the four of us were trying to do with a loser case.

III-

A DAY LATER AT THE OFFICES OF MCCLUSKEY/COZEN/CONNOR & PRATT-

I sat with Sofia, Bee Bee and Kahlil-

 "We've got next to nothing...Nothing to start a credible argument with.."I sighed..
 "Nooo I wouldn't say that...

"Jade took the semen stained , ripped panties and bra and the torn condom with traces of semen to Dr. Goggins Laboratory...That's the same lab that Olivia and Beverly often use in cases." said Sofia.. 'We also sent a sample to Dr. Hazel Baylor at the M.E.'s office just to be fair." she added.
 "That will prove they had sex...It won't say if it was consensual or not... I have the rape kit report....It's inconclusive.."said Bee Bee..
"Right now...We can't even conclude that she was in there..."said Kahlil..

"Jade told me to follow the money trail..."I said.

"She and I have been checking the bank accounts of the cop , the lab assistant that did the rape kit and the Manager and a couple of the bouncers and dancers at that club...apparently their accounts have jumped up a couple of thousand of dollars in the past week and it's not their salaries.." I said..

"Ouuu  long green goes a long way...They were paid for their silence...See, this and the DNA is a start..."said Bee Bee, trying to cheer us up...


While we talked...We drank coffee and munched on hot doughnuts...

Two of our founding partners...Mr. Cozen and Mr Connor walked in surrounding Real Estate magnate Nathan Jurgens..

 "Hi Guys...Is Your Supervisor in?" asked Mr. Cozen..
 Nathan Jurgens eyed us...but didn't say anything..
Mr. Connor smiled..

"Hi Guys." he said.

"She's in her office..."said Sofia..

 "Thank You.." said Mr. Cozen..
"Thanks Guys..."said Mr. Connor.

Again...Nathan Jurgens said nothing.

Ms. Yvette must have been expecting them because she opened her door and motioned for them to come in...

 "Awww Ohhhh, expect this case to be shut down.."said Kahlil..

 "I'm afraid you're right....This guy and two of the partners went right to Ms. Yvette's office.."said Bee Bee.
''You think Ms. Yvette would let them do that?" asked Sofia..

"Let them? Let them? It's not a question of letting them...They're the bosses...They're her bosses, The partners....If they say shut it down...This case is over ,before it starts.."I said..

"It's not fair..."said Sofia.. "because he has money ,he can just throw it around and do what he wants to anybody.."protested Sofia..She was right...I was angry...

I put my arm around her and hugged her..

"I know...That's the way of the world Sofia....That's just how it is...sometimes...but not all the time..We have to pick our battles, the best battles..." I said.

"Long Green goes a long way."said Bee Bee.



''Don't it though?" said Kahlil.

"I think I know why you're here." said Yvette..

 "Uh this is Nathan Jurgens, He's in Real Estate and he just put us on retainer to represent him..."said Mr. Cozen..
"He had asked us to introduce him to you.."said Mr. Connor.

"I know who he is.."said Yvette.

"Yes...I uh saw you the other day and I inquired about you...I find you extremely attractive...I wanted to meet you...Are you seeing anyone seriously?" asked Nate Jurgens..

"I'm afraid I am....and why don't you get to the real reason you asked them to set up a meeting...I am supervising the attorneys, who you just passed that are representing a young lady who is suing you for sexual assault as well as the Hustler's Gentlemen's club you frequent.."said Yvette..

 "WHAT??? SEXUAL ASSAULT???I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!" said Mr. Cozen who stared icily at Mr. Connor..
"NEITHER DID I?" said Mr. Connor..

"These charges are baseless gentlemen, I assure you...The young lady is hysterical and angry she wasn't paid what she uh wanted..I Uh barely know her and I don't recall if I was even in the club that night that she claims I was..She's trying to extort money from me...."said Nathan Jurgen...

"So you admit you were there...Funny, cause we couldn't find a person to admit you were there, Even though your credit card statements show that you are a frequent guest at this establishment."said Yvette.

He stared at Yvette icily, then looked at Cozen and Connor.

"I didn't admit to anything...This young lady is trying to shake me down....I don't even know her!! As you know...My company has nearly unlimited assets, I'm on a first name basis with the Mayor of this city and my company has many city contracts...If you want our business...You'll have your little upstarts shut this thing down...The charges are baseless , this girl is a common tramp...Now you either want our business or you want to put your lot in with a common tramp and lose our business, I'm certain whatever she is paying you pales in comparison to the revenue we bring in alone and the future revenue of my friends....Think about it gentlemen..I know a lot of influential people ,who all of a sudden could do business with you and mysteriously wouldn't...Think about that...You know the saying..."Long Green goes a long way..Just think about it. Good day gentlemen." he said and arrogantly walked out of Yvette's office. and past us..





Inside Yvette's Office...

"I want his company's  business...but I don't like being talked to like that....Yvette...keep it quiet...but you guys go on with the suite...I'll back you...."said Partner Cozen..

"Yes..Go on with the suite...Are you sure, he's guilty?" asked Partner Connor..

"I've got ripped panties and a loaded condom with his semen in it and a disillusioned Attorney, who once worked her way through law school by stripping at the club who was manhandled by him and came to us for help..I'm compiling more information now.."said Yvette..

"I know you guys are good...I trust your judgement Yvette...Do what you gotta do...Just keep it out of the press..."said Connor..

"You have my word..Thank you both."said Yvette.

Mr. Cozen and Mr. Connor walked out of Yvette's office...

 "Say, can I sample one of those doughnuts...They look delicious.."said Mr. Cozen...


Eyeing the coffee and fresh doughnuts on the table.
''Sure"I said and passed him one..
"Have a nice day guys.."said Mr. Connor, smiling..



Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil smiled and looked on..

"See ya later guys."said Mr. Connor as they both left..

Yvette looked at us..

 "I suppose this case has been shut down hasn't it?" I asked..I was almost certain they asked her to cease and desist...

"No it most certainly is not...Mr. Jurgens came here to try and do that....but that's not going to happen and the partners assured me as much...So what are you all sitting around for? Get to work." she said and then smiled at us..
 "YES MAM!" said a smiling Kahlil..
 "We're on it Boss Lady."said Bee Bee..
Tears ran down Sofia's cheeks...

"Thank you Ms. Yvette..." said Sofia..

IV-


HUSTLER's Gentelman's Club-


Gary Lockwood walked into the club...Several young ladies asked him if he wanted a lap dance..

He smiled, He blushed a little bit... He said..

"I'd like to speak to the manager.." he said..

The Manager came down...

"Is Jackie Shannon working tonight?" he asked..

"She don't work here no more..I got other dancers.." he said..

"I'm sure you do....I'm Gary Lockwood, I'm with the District Attorney's Office.." he said and showed him his badge...

The Manager's eyes got as wide as saucers...

"I need to see your video footage of three weeks ago on this night..."he said.

"You got a warrant?" he asked.

"I don't..but my boss can get one..and I have friends at L& I....I can see a few things right now that could grab their attention...So what do you say huh?" asked Gary..


He was taken up into the video room and allowed to see and copy the video footage from three weeks before..The night in question when Nathan Jurgens was in the Gentlemen's club...

When he was finished, He walked downstairs..

"Thank you, you've been most co-operative.." he said.

"What about me? Am I in any trouble?" asked the nervous manager..

"I don't think so...Are you?" asked Gary...Then he smiled and left...

THE NEXT DAY- A SATURDAY...

It was a rare Saturday Morning that Yvette was in her own apartment and not at Gary's house...She had just showered and was painting her toenails..

She heard the mail drop...

There was an envelope with her name and address on it...but no return address....

She opened it and found a DVD..

She played the DVD and there was Real Estate magnate, Nathan Jurgens...



There was Real Estate Mogul Nathan Jurgens with Jessica Lee, all over Jessica Lee and Jackie Shannon, buying them drinks and both of them sitting on his lap at the club...

Proof that he was there and proof that the two met...She was wearing the baby doll and the blue panties that he tore..

Yvette smiled..

"Gotcha you rat." she said.


(TO BE CONTINUED)




No comments: