Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Crack In The Frame

"I don't know if you know me...." said Burt Vandenburg....

 "I know who you are...."said Olivia..
"Burt Vandenburg, Ex-FBI agent....Now Private Investigator....What? Did you decide to come inside before you bugged the office?" said Beverly.

"You do remember me?  I guess I deserve that.." said Burt...Who had bugged our office once before when he was working for a rival attorney...

"Why are you here?" asked Nelson...

"I'm here to help you....You see, I took those photos of your client, B.L. Benz in that hotel...I was paid to do so....but ..but I had no idea  a murder was involved....I wouldn't have gotten involved if I thought that was going to happen...I would've gone to the police I swear....." said Burt Vandenburg..

''So again, why are you here? We are his defense we are trying to help B.L." I said.

"I want to help him!  I swear....I do...I know he didn't kill that girl...There is no way....I saw the state he was in ,when she practically dragged him out of that UBER into that sleazy motel...He couldn't have taken his clothes off ,let alone killed anybody...the man was sloshed.."said Burt..

"You mean drugged."I said, growing angrier by the minute..

"I didn't know about that...." said Burt..

"What do you know about?" said Olivia..

Josie was recording the entire thing...



Beverly, Nelson and I smiled...

"Two weeks ago...A guy named Samuel Dole came to my office....He gave me three large up front...He gave me a photo of the now deceased girl...Doreen Clark...He told me her name was Nora something or other...He told me she was his estranged wife and he wanted her followed....He gave me the motel he believed she was going to and the room....I set my recording equipment up there..Then I followed her like he asked...

She met up with B.L. in the Wine and Spirits Shoppe , He bought a large bottle, an expensive port....and had it boxed and he put it in his trunk...I figured it wasn't for her...I followed them and took photographs of them in the café they went to...

They weren't in there that long...I was shocked that she and the UBer Driver...This is his name, phone number and address." he said.

"I've already found him and talked to him." I said..

"Okay...you're good...." he said..  " He and Doreen practically had to carry B.L. into the motel....I have unused footage of her undressing him,and lying him across the bed and then of her getting undressed and lying on the bed with him...Kissing him and performing oral sex on him...He is clearly unconscious...No way he was present for this …...I realized the guy was being set up...but...I got paid...I went to the room after I got my photos and I gave Doreen two thousand dollars..Her end..Then I gave my photos to Dole and my job was done...That's the truth..When I went to that room, B.L. was snoring on the bed and Doreen was fully dressed and ALIVE!!! That's the truth....I will testify for you on his behalf and sign an affadvit...I had nothing to do with any murder...I swear." he said.

"This Dole guy...Who is he and where can we find him?" asked Nelson...

"I checked him out...He's a local criminal...A Pimp....got arrests for Trafficking women, Soborning prostitution, Drug dealing and extortion...Did two five year stints in the pen..was currently on parole.
The girl, Doreen Clark, was an exotic dancer and sometime prostitute...Arrests for prostitution, possession of narcotics, petty theft...She is married though...Can't locate her husband.." said Burt...

 "Both small time crooks..."said Beverly..
"The perfect foils to use to set somebody up.."said Olivia..

"I'm with you there....but why kill her?  She had done what she was paid to do..."said Burt..

''That's the million dollar question..."said Nelson...

''What if this Dole guy was the middle man?  Employed by someone else...? If she was just some cheap hooker and not his wife or girlfriend...What would his personal involvement be? "asked Josie..

 "You're asking the right questions Josie..He and that girl were obviously working for someone else.. Neither of them had a personal stake in all this."said Olivia ,like a proud mother..
"Only Mr. Dole can answer that...What did he have against B.L.?  "asked Beverly...

"Well Mr. Vandenburg...Feel like going fishing?  Let's go find Mr. Dole and ask him these burning questions.." I said..

"Good Idea.." he said, smiling..

II-

A FEW DAYS LATER-

 "Karen ,are you serious?   Kissing Arthur Tragg???what is wrong with you girl?" asked Yvette..
"He has been sweet, calling me every night to make sure I'm alright and sending me flowers...I know..I know he's a goof, but he's been paying more attention to me without sex than B.L. ever has and B.L. has had sex on demand..  " said Karen..

"I know you're hurtin...but be careful....B.L. could be innocent..totally innocent...Think about it..what if he's being set up?" said Yvette..

"By who and for what?" asked Karen..
''Well I'm no cop...I'm just a lawyer...but it's been my experience..That when a murder is committed...Someone stands to gain something..."said Yvette...

"Arthur has been tickled pink about all of this..but Murder?? He's a cop!! A bumbling cop...but he's no killer...I just can't believe that..."said Karen..

"Yeah...You're right about that.." sighed Yvette..."Just be careful girl..."said Yvette..

And At Our Office-


 "Hey Auntay...Josie ,Nelson and I just came from County Lock Up visiting B.L. He's in reasonably good spirits considering."said Beverly..


 "He asked about the show.. I told him they've been running reruns and that some nights they just pre-empt it..He was depressed about that.."said Josie.

"He said he's called Karen several times and her phone at home and in the office has gone to voice mail...He's left dozens of messages and she hasn't returned any of them.."said Nelson..

"I need to talk to her...She's uh been hard to catch up with...Preliminary is tomorrow...With what we have...We can win this in Pre-lim..."said Olivia..

I walked in then...

"Hey guys...Burt and I have turned this city upside down.....We've gone to at least 7 of this Sam Dole's known addresses....All of em ,bone dry....He was nowhere to be found..We went to all of his known haunts, Bars, After Hours club, nothin...Nobody has seen him for a few days...This guy has just vanished into thin air..

We questioned a Detective Mike Grisly...who was using him as a C.I.  He said he hadn't seen him in months..He told us he busted Doreen Clark, two years ago, but hadn't seen her either...So we got nothin..." I said.

''Well we got  a little bit of something...This Hooker, Doreen Clark...Turns out she was married...Is still married to a very devout Minister. Reverend Donnie Clark."said Olivia..

 "WHAT?" I said.
 "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN LIV?" said Nelson..
 "NOOOO WAYYYYY!" said Josie..
"AUNTAYYY, YOU MESSIN WITH US?" asked Beverly...

''No...No... I looked up the public record of marriages...She was married at the time of her death...He met her in one of the strip clubs she used to work in...They uh fell in love...They got married..but they soon separated...He has a conviction for assault and battery....His fingerprints and DNA are on file..and guess what?"said Olivia with a sexy smile..

"Got to hear this..."said Beverly...

"The Semen in her panties and inside of her and two fingerprints found in that hotel room are direct matches for HIM!  Donnie Clark...He was the third person in that hotel room that night and he had to come sometime after Burt paid her for the job she did... He's dropped out of sight...Police want him for questioning.."said Olivia.

"B.L. was there...Knocked out...Slept through the entire thing..."said Beverly...

"Looks like we got a crack in the frame.." I said.






III-


When she wasn't in court, Karen Page found herself spending a lot more time with Arthur Tragg, Shopping, talking, laughing..eating  breakfast, lunch and a few dinners....




At work and her home..


the flower deliveries continued..

Lunches  at Tony Rooftop establishments...
Early Morning breakfasts at Sam Mother's diner before work....
Lt. Tragg was on cloud nine....

And finally a quiet romantic dinner at a Tony new Night spot..

 ''Arthur, this food is delish..."said Karen..
"Only the best for you baby.." he said, slyly grinning.. She drowned her sorrows in her drinks..She had had six martinis and a beer...To say she was tipsy was an understatement.
Lt. Tragg sat with her...

''All I've ever wanted to do was spoil you rotten!": he said..running his hands up her skirt, feeling her legs and rubbing her butt..He felt her panties...They were nice and silky...

"Arthurrrrrrrrrr….you're fresh!" she giggled... "Stopppppppppppppp!" she said softly....

She was so drunk ,she leaned over and kissed him passionately...



"Ohhhhh thank you Arthur...Thank you....ummmmmmm...ouuuu  you've been a doll" she whispered in between hot sweaty kisses..

"Geeez...Thank youuuuuuu...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he said."Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." he moaned...He was enjoying himself immensely...

She kissed him passionately...Her lips were so butter soft  that Lt. Tragg was close to exploding...

''Ohhhhhhh baby" he moaned...

''Shhhhhhh you're too loud....Calm downnnnn." said the drunken ADA...Then she stopped...She politely removed his hands from up under her skirt ...

"Don't stop! What are you stopping for.?" he asked as he straightened up ….
She giggled and leaned in and kissed him softly...

"I don't want to do this in here...Perhaps we should take this back to my place.." she whispered..

"YEAH? YEAH??? YEAHHHHHHHHHHH?" said Lt. Trump, now excited beyond belief...

 She hesitated..

"No!  Maybe we should just cool it...We are uh a little out of control here...Whew! I am! " she said..
"No baby...We aren't out of control enough or at all......Let's at least go back to your place to talk about it...Come on now!" he pleaded....

Just then Detective Mike Grisly walked up to the table..

"I thought I'd find you here...Listen Artie, we gotta talk.."he said..

"Talk about what? Look can't it wait? I'm busy here!" said Lt. Tragg....

"WE GOTTA TALK!" he demanded..

Karen's phone was vibrating...It was Olivia..

"Excuse me....You guys talk...I have to take this.."said a very innebriated Karen Page...

She walked out on the terrace...The cool breeze sobered her up a bit....

Lt. Tragg was beet red. He turned to Detective Mike Grisly.

"WHAT IS BOTHERING YOU SO MUCH, YOU GOTTA COME HERE AND BOTHER ME?" he asked.

"Today, that P.I. we hired to set B.L. up and Donnie Ray Alexander, Olivia's husband and investigator both came to pay me a visit...They were asking about my C.I. Dole...They know he paid the hooker to lure B.L. to that room, they know that B.L. was drugged...The M.E.'s office already confirmed he was roofied..They want to talk to Dole...They been to all seven of his known addresses."said Grisly...

''Andddd, he aint there..He's in Atlantic City..What's the problem?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"If they find him and he talks....He can Identify me as the guy who set this all up...and we could get burned for a murder, that's what?" said Grisly..

''Neither one of us killed anybody or conspired to kill anybody...Relax...How can he put us in for something that even he had no part in?"said Lt. Tragg.

"Hey Liv...How are you?" asked Karen Page..

"I'm doing fine...I thought I'd at least hear from you....I'm about to defend your boyfriend, B.L. He's been trying to call you and you haven't answered or returned his calls...."said Olivia.

"He's not my boyfriend...He cheated on me and lied to me.."said Karen..

"No he didn't... He never texted you and told you he was working...That is a bogus text that came from a burner phone.. He was at the Wine and Spirits store buying me and Bev, a nice new port that he had been telling us about..


Donnie Ray and Nelson found it in the trunk of his car...Just like he said..

"That girl lured him to that café with some phony story about a police conspiracy.....and gave him a phony key that turned out to be the key to the ladies restroom at the YWCA."said Olivia..

Karen laughed.....

"Then she roofied him....He wasn't lying...Hazel found the drug in his drink and in his urine..enough to knock out a horse , she said..

"We have testimony from the UBER driver and film footage of the girl carrying an unconscious B.L. into that motel where she undressed and undressed him and posed for a P.I.'s photos....We know this because the P.I. confessed to us..We just can't find the guy who paid him and the girl...A small time crook..He seems to have vanished..Somebody set B.L. up...and get this..we found a lot of semen in her panties and inside her...It's not a match for B.L.  He did not have sex with her...but she had a husband..an estranged husband...He was the third person in that room...and he must have arrived after the P.I. paid the girl and left...B.L. is innocent. We plan to prove that...He had every intention of joining us that night."said Olivia..

"Liv, you and your niece are nothing ,if not thorough....


said Karen...

"I'm in a nice rooftop eatery about to make the biggest mistake of my life...Thank you..."said Karen..

''Where are you? You need someone to pick you up?"asked Olivia.

"Yes....I'm too wasted to drive...Let me get out of here...I'll call you back and tell you where you can pick me up.."said Karen..

"Okay." said Olivia..

 "Auntay is she alright?" asked Beverly..
''She sounded drunk..."said Josie ….They had both been listening on speaker phone.

''She's soused...Donnie Ray...Could you and Nelson go to this address?"asked Olivia..

 "I know where that is...We ate there once.."I said.
"Throw me the keys...I'll drive...I took Bev there once too.."said Nelson..

Nelson knew a shortcut and after Karen called back...

We picked her up on the corner.....

She gave Nelson her car keys...He took her car and followed us to her apartment..parking her car safely in her condo's parking garage...

 I walked her to her door..
"Thank you so much....Tell Olivia and Beverly, I said Thank you.," she said

as she went in and closed the door..
 and meanwhile back at the restaurant..

"Look! Go Home...You got nothin to worry about...Nothin can come back to us.."said Lt. Tragg..

"You mean nothin can come back to you...He saw me...He took money and instructions from me.."said Mike Grisly...

"Nobody knows where he is but you....He's out of town and off anybody's radar....Will you get out of here...I'm about to get laid..."said Lt. Tragg...

"Alright...I'll go...but that was some pretty expensive snatch....I just hope she's worth it.."said Mike Grisly as he grumbled and walked off..

Lt. Tragg looked at his watch...

''She's been out on that terrace a long time..Where is she? " He asked.

Karen was gone!!

He ran out to the parking lot...Her car was gone too!




IV-

"Chris...Check out what we plan to introduce in discovery....If I were you...I would just drop all of the charges...You've got nothing...B.L. is innocent."said Beverly, the next day in court.

''You must be drawn Bev....If you and your auntie really had a case you wouldn't be coming to me..Fact is...you guys have nothing."said ADA Chris Garcetti.

''We have everything.. Save yourself some embarrassment.Look at what we have and drop it Chris..Don't waste the courts time and ours."said Olivia.

"You're crazy....I'm going to the mats on this one.." said Chris..

"If I may interject and uh I'm just the Judge here...I looked at what they turned into discovery Chris my man...You don't have much of a case...Maybe you should take their advice unless I'm missing something here."said Judge Thornton...

"You're not being very impartial....And No, I'm not dropping the case.."said Chris Garcetti, walking off...

Judge Thornton laughed..

''Well girls....I tried..I guess congratulations are in order....I've met both of your husbands.."said Judge Thornton..


meaning me and Nelson...

 "Thank You!"said Olivia..
"Thank You."said Beverly...

"You've got your own practice now and the three Muskateers, Olivia, Beverly and Nelson are still together I see...Who's that cute little lady with you..? She married??, She another Attorney?/" he asked..

meaning Josie.

"She's a para-legal and she's almost finished law school...She's been with us since we opened the doors of our practice.." said Olivia..

"Niceeee….I look forward to seeing you guys in court..." he said..

"He's mellowed." said Nelson..

 ''Perhaps."said Olivia.
"We'll see how he is in court.." said Beverly...
 "Let's get out of here guys...It's been a long day..." I said.

"Yeah...I'm ready to go home..."said Josie..



As an Attorney and Officer of the Court (Assistant District Attorney) , Karen Page got to see B,L., in an unsupervised , unrecorded visit in the visitor's room at County Lockup...

 "Baby...I'm so glad to see you..." he said, nearly in tears.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry baby for the way I've treated you...Not believing you and all..I spoke to Olivia...She told me everything..." she said..

and they kissed passionately.....

,She unzippered his trousers and began to softly stroke his now erect penis.. while continuing to kiss him softly, slowly...

"Ohhhhh baby, you feel so good..." he moaned as she continued...


He lifted her skirt...and slid her panties to the side...He entered her slowly...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmph, baby you feel soooo damn good.."he moaned and the chair they were sitting in rocked to the side and they continued kissing passionately while she rode him slowly....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!~ So do you!!" she moaned...

"I've missed you so much." he said.

"I've missed you too!" she said.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…." he moaned..

The legs on the chair rocked so hard ,it seemed as though they might break...

"Oh my god, B.l...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawwwwwwwwwwwwd" he moaned...

FORTY FIVE MINUTES went by...As B.L. came and came hard, his body trembling...Karen's body was trembling too...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..
 She straightened herself up...Her hair, her lipstick...

"I'll see you when you get out baby." she said, trying to catch her breath...
"I can't wait."said B.L.  He felt better already....

(TO BE CONTINUED)



11 comments:

Toni said...

We Know B.L. didn't kill anybody....And all Lt. Tragg and his co-horts were trying to do was set him up...The question now is...who killed this girl and why?

Angie B. said...

You know how to bring the suspense!

Lisa said...

I am so enjoying this storyline and the one in "Ventures" too!

Halo said...

I am loving ESCAPADES naturally and my new fave blog, VENTURES...Way to go Keith!

Vanessa said...

Escapades and Ventures...Pure FIRE!

Cheryl said...

Yesssss, Escapades and Ventures...FIYAHHHHH!

Brenda said...

Job Well done, Both blogs...You have soo many stories huh? I guess this quarantine has given you lots of time to write...

Rita said...

To paraphrase Lisa.I am so enjoying this storyline and the one in "Ventures" too!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Amazing Storytelling man...In Both Escapades and your new blog Venture!

George s. said...

Loving your new blog Ventures...Loving the storyline in this current blog too!

Swaggie said...

anybody other than me think that ADA Karen Page is a tease?