Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Scene From A Marriage


 Life went on....I had another investigation that I had just finished that involved my good friend, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows, Her husband , Charles "Chip" Burrows and my good friend Yvette Jones.





We stood in court with their client..



Terry Hunter, a young man flasely accused of murder..


Jessica ,Chip and the Innocence Project had taken on the case...They asked Yvette Jones to come on as a consulting attorney...Because her four associates..Keith, Bee Bee, Kahlil ,Sofia and even investigator Jade Lee








were involved in other cases, moving into their new homes and making wedding plans, Yvette helped them herself and asked me to investigate...

I did and we were awaiting the verdict in the murder trial this morning..



"Baillif, pass me the verdit."said the judge...

The Judge read the verdict and passed it back to the bailiff.

"IN THE MATTER OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS. TERRY HUNTER, WE THE PEOPLE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY!!"

Jessica kissed me and hugged me..

"OHHHHHH THANK YOUUU, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!" she said..
"YOU'RE WELCOME!!!ALL IN A DAYS WORK!!"I said humbly...
"KEVIN YOU'RE THE BEST!" said Yvette Jones, hugging me warmly....

" THANKS KEVIN!" said Chip....

My investigative work had pointed to two other possible suspects and had helped free this young man..


ADA Cal McCaferty was very unhappy...He glared at arresting Detective, Lt. Arthur Tragg..

"OHHHHH YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!" he snarled and stormed off..


Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet...He stared at me with red hot hatred...

But I had no time for him and his empty threats of arresting me for "Interfering with an officer while doing his duty " or "Obstruction of Justice" or some other nutty charge of his...I quietly slipped away while he was still getting drubbed by the press.


"Hey Artie, lost another one eh?" yelled one as laughter filled the room...


I had somewhere else to be...


II-


My wife Sepia was at a housing Auction...

An Angry Lt. Tragg walked up to her...

"A word Mrs. Morris.. I stopped by your home and his job... I couldn't find your husband....Do you know where he is?" he asked.
"Nope!" said Sepia..

"You have no idea where he is?" he asked.

"That's what I said."said Sepia.

Realizing he wasn't going to get anywhere...He stormed off..


I arrived at the home of Karima Banks, A young Investment Banker , whose name appeared in Ronnie Moore's phone several times..

She was a very beautiful woman and a warm and friendly person....

"Mr. Kevin when you said you wanted to talk to me, I was surprised... We use your streaming service for our video and music..." she said..


"Really?" I said, smiling..

"Oh Yes...My husband and I know your wife too...We bought our home from her company..." said Karima.


"It is a very small world...So you know that I am a Private Investigator also.." I said.


"Yes I know...I've heard you're one of the best....Sooooooo what is this about and could I get you some coffee?" she asked.

"Yes, thank you!" I said..

She poured us both hot steaming cups of coffee and we talked..


"I've been hired both by my wife and an attorney named Kayla Bennett St. Jacques



to find Ronnie Moore, the trainer at the Atlas Gym...He hasn't been seen in three weeks..."I said.

"I haven't seen Ronnie or talked to him in four weeks...The Saturday before he was last seen ,I was in the gym with him...We had a good work out...I called him a number of times after that to set up another workout, but he didn't answer and he didn't return my calls.." she said.

"I saw your calls on his phone and his Landline....I stopped by his apartment building..Mail had piled up for three weeks. Dishes were in the sink, Beds were unmade the works..I stopped by the Gym they said they hadn't seen or heard from him in weeks, No movement on his credit cards or debit cards, he missed two court appointments and he missed settlement for his new house...It's as if he vanished into thin air.."I said.

"Wowwww! I didn't know where he lived, but he did tell me he was buying a house...I was the one who gave him Sepia and Bonita's name..I'm sorry to hear that...I hope he's alright." said Karima.

"Did you rent a Black 2008 Ford Fusion?" I asked.


"Yes I did...about a month ago...My car was in the shop and rented it for a week and drove it to New Jersey...I had business in Cherry Hill.." she said..


"You've never been to his house or his boat?" I asked.




"He has a boat? I didn't know it... And no I've never been to his house....He has invited me...but uh, he was very flirtatious...I never took him up on it..." she said..

"When did you return your rental?" I asked..
"I didn't!  My husband was driving it the last day I had it...I told him to gas it up and return it for me..I had gotten my car back by then..."she said.


"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE, TALKING TO MY WIFE?" came the angry and bellowing voice of a man standing in the living room..


"Ohhhhhh Lonnie stop it!!...This is Mr. Morris....He is Sepia Morris's husband, our realtor...Remember she told us that her husband is a Private Investigator?" said Karima.
"So? Why is he questioning you?" asked Lonnie Banks.


"I'm investigating the disappearence of Ronnie Moore...He was a trainer at the gym your wife works out at and I understand that she knew him...I'm questioning all of his acquaintences..It's just routine."I said.

"She aint got nothin to do with this...so I'm asking you to leave...Don't come by here again and bother us.Now get out!!!" her husband snarled.

"LONNIE, THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO BE RUDE!!! KEVIN I AM SOOOO SORRY!" said Karima.

"That's okay...Thank you for your time..." I said and got up and walked toward the door..It was all I could do not to deck her husband...but I fought the urge and smiled..

"Good Day to you too Mr. Banks." I said as I left..


He slammed the door in my face..


III-

"Why are you such a jealous asshole? Huh? You make me sick...That's why we don't have any friends or any kind of a social life...You're such a jealous, insecure and petty man.."screamed an angry Karima.


"YOU DON'T NEED ANYBODY ELSE....YOU JUST NEED ME...." said Lonnie.

"You don't even like me talking to my mother and my sister..." said Karima..


"They don't like me  and while we  are at it...I want you to quit that Gym...Find a new Gym...I don't like it." he said.


"I'm not quitting my gym...It's the only break I get from you next to work...And stop coming down to my job, harrassing my colleagues." she said..

"Babbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy let's stop fighting....All this fighting is getting me horny..." he said softly.


"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!  YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX AFTER ALL OF THIS?" asked Karima..


"Come on babyyyyyy!" he said and grabbed her...

"TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF ME!!! TAKE THEM OFF ME!" she said and slapped him several times..

"I NEED IT...I NEED YOU NOW AND AS MY WIFE, YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE IT TO ME!" he said and slapped her..

"Ohhhhhh!" she cried out...

He spun her around and unzippered her skirt...Yanking it off...

"STOPPPP!!!!" she said..



He yanked her panties down and entered her hard and fast...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned as he thrusted wildly into her doggie style..

He had her bent over the sink....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he howled...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..

"YEAH....YEAH... YEAHHHH......WHO IS YOUR DADDY??  YEAHHH... AWWWWWWWW...AWWWWWWWWWW..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! YOWZAAAAA!" he screamed as he ejaculated wildly...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned and leaned over the sink..Sweating and breathing heavily....

"Wooouuuuuuuu!" he said, smiling..
She pulled her panties up, grabbed her skirt and slipped it back on..

"You're getting better...That was three minutes this time!" she said sarcastically..

"Awww cut it out....That was a...That was just a quickie." he said.

"I'll say." she said..

''It was a ...It was a tension buster."he explained.

"For who? You?" she said with disdain..


"Baby...I'm sorry...Just let me get myself together...Please...I'll be ready for round two...Just let me get myself together...You're so sexy...I-I-I can't control myself, I swear...Just let me get myself together." her husband moaned..

"That's all you're getting for today....You don't deserve anymore." she scoffed.


She walked into their bedroom and slammed the door closed..She was sick of being raped by him and sick of his under par performances...Sick of his jealousy, just sick of him period...It was time to end this and be free she thought..

IV-

That same afternoon..I was at the Car Rental service...


They told me that Karima Banks did indeed rent this car , the black 2008 Ford Focus, One week before Ronnie Moore vanished.. like she said..And that the car was returned late by her husband, Lonnie Banks...A day late..The day after Ronnie Moore was last seen alive!

Both of them were caught on the store's camera on the day she rented the car and the day he returned it.


They let me look at the actual car...but it had been three weeks...The car had been vaccumed and washed and bleached down...There was no evidence to be found..

I knew I had to look harder...


That afternoon...I was having dinner with my family and some good friends..

"Normally we eat at home...but tonight...We just felt like eating out.."said Sepia..
''Yeah...Nice Not to have to wash dishes tonight.."I joked..
"I hear you Kevin....we just finished up a case today..." said Olivia.
"Lt. Tragg won't be too happy...This makes two cases straight he's lost since his one win a few weeks ago."laughed Beverly.
"Maybe he won't come in here..." said Nelson..
"Don't bet on it."said Josie..

"Here he comes now....Damn!!!!"said Donnie Ray...

Lt. Tragg stormed in, red as a beet and headed right for our table..

"MORRIS...I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU.....YOU INTERFERED WITH MY INVESTIGATION...I TOLD YOU WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU DID THAT!" he snarled..

"WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?" asked Kayla , who just walked in..."HE was in my employ...He's a licensed investigator...You were nowhere around when he questioned a list of witnesses that I gave him and he didn't tamper with any crime scene evidence...He merely asked to see it, as I instructed him...He's broken no law and if you waste your time arresting him or hassling him in any single way...I'm going to sue you and the police department for harrassment..I don't think you want that do you Lieutenant?  I don't think your superiors want that either."said Kayla.

He stomped his foot and turned and stormed out...He knew she had him dead to rights...He was beginning to dislike her as much as Beverly.


"Ouuuuuu look at my little cousin!  She's such a lawyer"laughed Olivia, with a fake South Philly accent..





Donnie Ray, Nelson, Josie, Sepia and Kimmie Cakes busted out in laughter...




"YOU GO GIRL!" laughed Beverly clapping loudly...


"Thank you so much Kayla.."said Sepia..

"I'm glad I caught you here Kevin....I have a new client...Guess who it is?  Karima Banks...She wants a divorce!" said Kayla..


I smiled....

"Really? Very interesting...." I said..

I didn't know where Ronnie Moore's body might be..but I had an idea who killed him, why and what happened to him...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: