Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Everyone's Wild About Harry


 Like clockwork , I arrived at the Headquarters of The Criminal Investigation Division, home of my good friend, Lt. Sissy Van Buren and her detectives...All who had become my friends over the years and who I had worked with together and individually...

Detective Tyriq Pile met me and Detective Hutton in Sissy's office.

"Kev, Babs, we are upstairs having breakfast...Boss Lady would rather talk to you up there." he said.


"Good, I could use a cup of coffee." I said.



''Me too" said Detective Barbara Hutton..


Tyriq took us a floor up to the cafetria , where everybody else was enjoying breakfast..


Pancakes, Bacon,sausage, Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs...


''Well Hello you two...I figured I'd be hearing from you today..."said Sissy, who motioned for us to sit down..
"Hola Kevin, Hola Babs."said  Detective  Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace
"Rico, did you tell them thanks for keeping us up half the night?" joked Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow.
"No, but I was getting around to it." laughed Tyriq.. "Me and Top and Junior caught that murder you called in Kevin at those high rises.."said Tyriq..

"I'm glad it was you guys and not Lieutenant Butt head." I said.




"You mean Lt. Tragg?" laughed Detective Hutton.


"Oh you know him?" I asked.



"Yes, we met...Last year, when I worked on that Serial Killer case with Sissy and the guys."said Detective Hutton.


"We caught that other case one of you called in up in South Philly..."said Detective Sirena Pile, Tyriq's wife..

"Yeah ,same M.O. as the one Carlotta, Rico and Jimmy caught."said her partner, Detective Tony Hopkins..


"Kevin is one of only four Private Investigators we trust and work with Babs...He has helped us on numerous cases."said Sissy.


"And you guys have helped me too over the years."I said.



''So I'm in good company...So let me explain what this is about.. Kevin and I are both hunting a man named Harry Swayzie..A degenerate gambler.."said Detective Hutton.


"Crazy Swayzie....I know him...back from my days as a beat cop, before I became a detective...He was a big time gambler at one point...He made enough money to buy a comfortable house and a decent ride every three or four years...A master card player..."said Detective "Edwin "Duke" Baylor..


"I remember him too..Always dressed nice...Flashed a lot of cash....I don't know if he ever worked a straight job...That's how good a player he was..What's he got to do with all of this?" asked Detective Angie Belton-Barlow, Jimmy Barlow's wife and my first love so many years ago...


"I was hired by a Gambler named Chopper, Chopper McKenzie...Apparently Harry is in to him for 250 Large...I was just supposed to locate him...This Chopper fella seemed like bad news...I told him I would find him, but that nothing untoward better happen to him or I was going to the police." I said.



"Chopper Mckenzie is bad news..."said Carlotta.

"He's rumored to be mobbed up...Russian Mob..."said Jimmy.
"He has no sheet...but I recall another person rumored to be into him for a large sum of money, a Rudy Gillette...He was found beaten to death, beaten badly...We brought Chopper in, but we had no evidence and we had to cut him loose..Case remains unsolved.."said Tyriq.


"But these girls...what do they have to do with Harry Swayzie.?" asked Sissy.


"One was his girlfriend and the other was his uh side piece..Detective Hutton and I went to both residences looking for Harry after searching his residence and finding no trace of him and a week long pile up of mail." I said.

''Looks like someone beat you to it.."said Sirena..


"The killer works with precision...Like a surgeon..no sloppy cut...knows what he's doing."said Hop.

FBI/ATF Regional Special Agent in Charge , Sharon Hopkins, Tony Hopkin's wife joined us..

"Hazel gave me photos of both crime scenes...Your guys and my guys looked it over..This guy is clean..No DNA, No Prints...He works clean...same clear surgical cut...I would gather to say this guy 
is a pro and he's from out of town...He's in big trouble with somebody..Somebody who reached out!"said Sharon.




"He witnessed the murder of another mobbed up Gambler in Bayside...We had him in custody...He walked away..."said Detective Hutton..


"He walked and a contract was put on him out of Bayside...but who in Bayside is that connected?" I asked.


"Deangelo Barker....It was his brother who was murdered....BY HIM!  He couldn't afford to have Harry testify to that..That would put him away forever..."said Detective Barbara Hutton.


"He reached out huh? Hmmm perhaps he needs some looking into."said Duke.


"Hmmm it is out of our jurisdiction...but perhaps he needs looking at."said Angie.


"I'm going back out on the street and try to find Harry....I'll contact you all with whatever I find."I said.

Sissy looked at Barbara Hutton..

''Kevin can be trusted...If he says he'll call, he'll call..He has resources that we don't have." said Sissy.




"Most P.I.'s do." laughed Detective Hutton.

II-


I traveled to my office...Morris Communications and to the sub-basement of the building that housed my agency..Morris Investigations...


Where I have 39-40 administrative staff, all vetted and seven operatives, all with ties to the intelligence community, who help me with my investigations..


I must have looked tired..I was greeted by my second in command, Peeping Tom, a former survelience operative for the C.I.A.

"Well Kev, what did you learn from law enforcement?" he asked.

"Harry Swayzie witnessed a murder in a back alley of a floating crap game in Bayside..He witnessed the murder of a William Barker, allegedly by his own brother, Gangster, De Angelo Barker, which is why there is a contract out on it...By a contract killer , a viciously efficient killer who has killed his girlfriend and his side piece."I said.

"Damn, his side piece too!" said Lockpick Johnson..

"I'm sure Law enforcement is probably scanning the street and traffic cams as I am and have already picked up this cool cat...As we did and  did a search of the City ,State and National criminal database and come up with zilch as we did.  Then I am certain they went to Scotland Yard and Interpol and come up with this guy..."

"His name is Vladmir Iran....He's ex-KGB...He was once a surgeon.. before becoming a mercenary..Now he is an international killer for hire.. Barker is in partnership with Russian Mobsters..They may have reached out for this guy as a small favor to him...He's a pure psychopath Kevin...He doesn't take no for an answer."said Peeping Tom.



"I saw his handiwork last night..apparently!  Any idea where this dreck lays his head?" I asked.

"That's where the trail goes cold." said Peeping Tom.

''Well he is not my problem...He's Sissy and her guys problem..I need to find Harry.."I said.



''And so do I?"said Bonnie Shay, an Insurance Investigator and former Assistant District Attorney and Public Defender and friend of mine...One of only two women who had access to this part of my building.


"Bonnie...What brings you here?" I asked.


''Harry Swayzie, a gambler..entrusted some Jewelry to Cyclops Insurance...Jewelry worth one million dollars..It's safely in a Safe deposit Box...I don't know where he got it...but we've insured and secured it.. This morning I got a visit from a very shady looking guy..He asked about the jewelry and Harry Swayzie. I told him I was not at liberty to talk about that...He seemed like a very dangerous guy...I've seen his type before..I called Harry to warn him..He said by no means was I to talk to this guy or tell him anything about the jewelry we had insured..I asked him if he was alright and he said no..He said he witnessed a murder in Bayside and skipped bail rather than testify..He said he'd be in touch."said Bonnie.


"WAIT!!!! You talked to Harry? Today??" I asked increduously...


"Yes...this morning! He gave me a number to contact him...I tried to trace it...It's a burner phone and I suspect he may have a second phone, since he gave me a second number." said Bonnie.


"I've been turning this city and Atlantic City upside down looking for this guy for about a week...Nobody is at his residence, I went to his girlfriend's residence and his ex-girlfriend's residence and both were found dead..their throats slit..This guy is not playing...Lucky for you , you were in your office or that would have been your fate..He doesn't take no for an answer.."I said.

"Oh My....I figured he might be in trouble and then I heard on the street that you were looking for him, so I figured we might work together."said Bonnie.


"Nothing I'd like better...You go home for now...Watch your back...I've got to see somebody...I'll call you." I said.,

"Okay..."said Bonnie.

 


 III-


That night..

I got in contact with Chopper some hours later.



"I'm glad to be hearing from you Kevin...I was beginning to wonder if you had just taken my money and skipped."said Chopper McKenzie.


"Oh no...I've been turning this city upside down...I've been at every floating crap game from here to Atlantic City looking for him...unfortunately, when I checked on his girlfriend and his side piece, they turned up dead, murdered..."I said.


"Don't tell me that that spooked you...I know better...I know all about you...You're good and you're tough as nails."laughed Chopper.

"And I'm also no dupe...You lied to me... Harry is not into you for 250 large in a card game.. A  bottom feeder like you wouldn't stand a chance against him in a card game...That's the narative you've spread around.. You want one million dollars in jewelry which was stolen....Jewelry which Harry has in his possession... I did a little digging... William Barker of Bayside set up a crew, a crew that stole that jewelry...He did it without the knowledge or sanction of his brother, DeAngelo Barker...William Barker gave that Jewelry to Harry for safe keeping...but not before Harry saw DeAngelo murder his brother..
Harry was picked up and skipped bail , rather than testify...Now he's on the run... You wanted me to find him, so you could squeeze him for that jewelry..." I said.


"You know Kevin...All you hadda do was find him...You not only did not find him, you discovered a little too much...That's unfortunate.." he said.


"Unfortunate for you...I'm done." I said and passed him his envelope with the money he initially paid me..

A man pointed a gun at my head..a .40 Caliber..


"Unfortunately...for you...You are done...Louis...Take him out back and kill him..."said Chopper.
Louis was a heavily muscled guy about my height....He looked like he worked out...


"And they said you were non-violent...You killed that guy , Rudy Gillette didn't you? some years ago..They never could prove it ,could they?" I asked..

He laughed..

"You know about that huh?  Yeah I killed him...I beat him to death with brass knuckles..No witnesses, No murder weapon...No charges...Those two knucklehead detectives, Duke Baylor and Tyriq Pile were sure pissed..Heh heh heh heh heh...You know instead of delving into my past, you shoulda been working harder to find Harry Swayzie.. Alright enough talk..Louis.. Get rid of him. Bye Kev." laughed Chopper.


Louis walked me to the back of the bar, but before we got to the back door, I swung it into his face..HARD! 

"OUUUUUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUFFFFFF!" he moaned... He dropped his gun and I kicked it to the side..

I hit Louis with about 16 lefts and 16 rights to his face...and then followed up with an uppercut that sent Louis flying into a row of stacked trash cans in the driveway.....They all fell on him... 

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

 He was bloody and hurt, but he was a tough old bird..He crawled from under all that and charged my Me, I side stepped him and tore his mid-section up with more lefts and rights... 

 He got a few lefts and rights in on me...but I side stepped him again and delivered an upper cut that sent him flying into the side of a car and down into the street..

"You used to box didn't you?"he asked , trying to catch his breath... "Don't matter , that aint gone save you from me.." he said.

He picked up some dirt and threw it into my  face and charged me..pummeling me with lefts and rights..but I delivered about 16 or 17 more lefts and rights to his face ,which sent him spinning like a top.. He couldn't believe he was being beat like a drum by me... 

Louis tried to throw another haymaker and missed and slammed his fist into the light pole...This broke three fingers on his left hand... "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOOOD LAWWD!" he yelled in excrutiating pain!! I hit him one last time and he collapsed like a sack of potatoes..  Louis had  had his ass handed to him...He didn't want anymore! 

I fortunately didn't have a scratch on me..... 

Louis had a broken hand...A broken Nose...A Fractured jaw...Both of his eyes were swollen shut... What neither Louis or Chopper didn't know was that I had been a pretty good middleweight boxer..I had fought when I was in the Marines ..I could handle myself.


Chopper spit his beer out and almost choked when he saw me walking in with Louis's gun in my latex gloved hand..

"WHAT THE HELL? WHERE IS LOUIS??" he asked.


"He's out back....You should call an ambulance...but on the other hand..Someone else will do that for you..."I said. "I should tell you...I was wearing a wire....Did you get that Duke?" I asked.

"Every Blood Thirsty word..."said Duke Baylor, smiling..."Knucklehead Detectives eh Chopper?  I told you that you'd slip up one day and when you did..I'd put the boot on ya..I didn't forget you..."said Duke.

Tyriq snapped handcuffs on Chopper.

"You don't know how long we've been waiting for this moment Chopper...Not bad for two knucklehead Detectives huh Chopper? Top, would you do the honors?" said Tyriq.


''Warren "Chopper"McKenzie, you are under arrest for the murder of Rudy Gillette and conspiracy to murder Kevin Morris. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..You have a right to an attorney, if you can not afford one, one will be provided to you, do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?" said Carlotta.
"HE UNDERSTANDS...LET'S GO LOSER!" said Jimmy, who hauled him into the paddy wagon..


"This guy out here is in pretty bad shape...Broken jaw, broken hand, broken nose...He needs a medic."said Hop.


"I called the medical unit..They're on their way..."said Sirena.. "Louis A. Williams, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Kevin Morris, You have the right to remain silent...Anything you say can and will be used against you..You have the right to an attorney,if you can not afford one, one will be obtained for you, do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?" she said.

All the thug named Louis could do was moan... As he was loaded on a stretcher..




"Wow Kevin...you helped us crack a six year old unsolved murder...and pick up an enforcer for the local loan sharks...Thanks Kev."said a smiling Angie..

"You're welcome."I said.  I pocketed the envelope ...At least I got to keep the money he gave me..He wouldn't need it...But that meant my case was basically over...I had no financial reason to hunt Harry any longer.




"This Kevin is the truth huh?" said Detective Barbara Hutton..


"Yes he is." said Sissy, smiling.



IV-

Sepia had just put Kimmie Cakes to bed when I got home..


Sepia smiled at me....

"Wow...what kind of day or night did you have?" she asked..



"Well uh my case is kind of over.." I said.


"Buttttttt it's not...What happened?" asked Sepia.


"That guy Chopper who hired me...He was bad news..Harry wasn't into him for 250 large...That was the lie he was spreading around...The reason he hired me to find him and wanted other people to come forward..He really wanted me to find him to get his hands on ONE MILLION Dollars worth of Jewelry that was given to Harry to safeguard by a guy who was murdered in Bayside.. Harry witnessed the murder and was taken in as a material witness..Harry skipped....and the man he was supposed to testify against has a killer, a contract killer looking for him....Probably wants those jewels too!"I said.


"But that's no longer your problem right? But it is...I know you."laughed Sepia.


"If you know me so well...You know what I want right now don't you?" I laughed raffishly....


"Is that a trick question?" laughed Sepia...


"Come here you.." I said.


"Ohhhhhhhhhh alllllllright!" she laughed as I took her in my arms..


We were soon engulfed in a passionate kiss..... I unzippered her jeans and took her sweater off...


I marveled at her light blue panties and bra...

"Ummmmmmmm I really like these." I said...

"Of course you do.." she said..


I had Sepia bent over the kitchen sink ,plowing into her ...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....OHHHHHHH MYYY GODDDD!"I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUU HOOOOOOO HOOOOOO HOOOO HOUUUUUUUUUUUU! UMMMMMM
YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS OUUUUUUU LAWDDDDDD!" Sepia cooed.


I lifted Sepia up and began entering her...while she held on for dear life..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO NASTYYYYY! OUUUUUUU
OH MAH LAWWWWWDDDD!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned.


We wound up on the kitchen floor...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU,
KEVIN...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she moaned..

"Yeah baby?" I answered..

"This floor is cold...Let's go upstairs.." she said..

We gathered our clothes and retreated to the bedroom....


Once in the bedroom we were engulfed in a passionate kiss..

Sepia softly stroked my penis..

"My goodness Kevin, you are as hard as a tree trunk..." she said.


We got in bed and began to make sweet ,sweet love..for the next EIGHT OR NINE HOURS! It was a relief to me...After a night of fighting and ending my case...

I still hadn't found Harry and I still wanted to help both Bonnie and Detective Hutton find him..

The Case wasn't even close to over..

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: