Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Blood On His Shoes


 THREE DAYS LATER-

In a visiting room at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Center , we sat with our client, Author , William

"Billy" Gleeson....



"I'm working to get you arraigned Billy, but courts have been loaded for days...Which is why you were transferred here..."said Olivia..


"I trust you Olivia..." said William Gleesom..


"Okay...But you've got to level with us...You said you weren't there....but the police have your shoes that you wore that day...There is dried blood on your shoes..


It was tested...It's your wife's blood and DNA." I said.


"She had a nose bleed earlier in the day...That blood , those blood drops had been on my shoes...Your niece is my witness...She noticed the nosebleed when she and her husband came to our book signing." said Billy Gleeson.


"Where were you Billy? Now is the time to tell us...We need to establish an alibi."said Olivia.


Just then, A guard opened the door of the visiting room and Beverly, Nelson and Josie walked in..

"Hi everybody. We're back...We got a judge and an arraignment date ...Tomorrow Morning, Ten O'Clock Sharp." said Beverly..
"The Good News is we got Judge Percy Reynolds..." said Nelson..
We had defended him twice on trumped up murder charges...He liked us..


"The Bad News maybe is we got a new ADA, Diane Baronski." said Josie.
Diane Baronski was a relatively  new ADA from Boston who had a 100-0 record in Boston , who had lost her first case recently to our good friends, Yvette Jones Lockwood and company.






Yvette had told Olivia all about her experience with Diane Baronski.
"Billy, WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?" asked Olivia...

What he said next shocked us....

"I spent the night with....a man!!! Byron Jackson....He's my lover!!! He's been my lover for five years!

Beverly looked as if the sky had fallen out of the sky.....

"WHAT???" she said..
Olivia was equally shocked...But she composed herself..

"You were with him all night?" she asked.

"Yes, he was supposed to be going to L.A. on business and it would be our last night together for a few days....I left the Book Signing at oh about 10:00 pm...I got a phone call and a text from him about 9:50 pm...It's in my phone.. I arrived at his house about 10:35pm/..I stopped to get some gas around 10:15 am. " said Billy Gleeson.
"And you were with him all night?" asked Nelson..
"All Night long.....I woke up at 6:00 am, took a hot shower, got dressed, put on some coffee, had coffee with Byron and I left...Within the next half hour I heard on the news on the radio that Aida was found dead last night at the Bookstore and that there was a citywide manhunt for me...Byron called me with the news...He then told me to find you two...That you and Beverly were the only ones who could help me.That they would probably try to hang this on me...Which is what Lt. Tragg did!"said Billy Gleeson.
"Did Aida know about this?" asked Beverly, who looked like she was close to tears...

''Oh yes....Aida has been very supportive of our relationship...She has known about me and my uh sexuality for a long time now.."said Billy quietly..


"So yours was a marriage of convenience.." said Josie.

"No..it was much more than that...I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but I truly loved Aida..and Aida loved me..We were business partners, but we were best friends, we shared each others deepest and darkest secrets...We've known each other since High School...I went on my senior prom with Aida. We went to the same college, graduated together, opened a practice together and started writing books together...What we had was just as real as what I have with Byron." said Billy...

Beverly was speechless..
Nelson put his arms around her and held her tight and hugged her....
"Is there anyway we can do this without my relationship with Byron being made public?" he asked..

"Billy that's your alibi...That wins the case for you...That gets you out of here.."said Olivia.

"I need to know this man's address and his phone number...Will he vouch for you?" I asked.

"He will if you ask him.but he's in Los Angelas right now..."said Billy... "Funny, he always wanted to go public with our relationship...I didn't...I didn't want to spoil our brand...We had a big bone of contention about that.." he said and held his head down..
"We have to talk to him Billy....He's your alibi....Your wife is dead now..There is no brand to protect..But I promise you...We will keep your secret safe as long as we can... Get some rest...We'll see you in the morning."said Olivia.

II-

ADA Diane Boronski looked at the files her investigator, Bert Vandenberg had brought her..They were of us..Complete files on us and glossies.
Olivia Marissa Bennett-Alexander

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, 

Worked for Bach and Roach LLC,

Founding partner-Alexander & West ,attorneys at law..

Divorced- Elwood Barnes..

No Children, two miscarriages..

Married-Donnie Ray Alexander

Beverly Cheryl West-East

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender,

 Founding Partner-Alexander & West Attorney's at Law.

Daughter of Olivia's Older Half Brother, James West... Niece

Married to Nelson East.

Nelson Sean East

Graduated, West Catholic High School-Philadelphia PA.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law- St. Johns University, New York City
Psychology Minor...

J.D. -St. Johns Univeristy Law School, New York City..

Passed The Bar , New York, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey 

Speaks Spanish , French and Russian Fluently...

Worked as Public Defender, 

 Associate Attorney at Robert Foxworth and Associates.

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law.

Married to Beverly West

Donnie Ray Alexander

Born and Raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Educated in New Orleans Public Schools..

Associates Degree New Orleans Community College-Administration of Justice, Pre Law

Homicide Detective, New Orleans Police Department, Retired.

Principal Investigator, Alexander and West Attorneys at law-Philadelphia PA.

Married to Olivia Bennett

Also a semi-professional musician

Josephine Boyd

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Raised in Red Hook Section of New York City 

Bachelors of Science, Architecture from Fisk University

Master in Business Administration- University of Pennsylvania.

Para -Legal -Alexander & West Attorneys at law.

JD- Drexel  University Law School

Passed Bar, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Deleware.

Associate Attorney, Alexander and West 


"Myyyy these are very astute attorneys...Just like Yvette Jones and her crew.." said Diane..


"You seemed obsessed with Yvette and her crew...Don't become obsessed with Olivia and her crew...You'll drive yourself crazy..."said Bert..

"One of the reasons I was always so successful in Boston was that I always had good intell...I knew who I was up against, knew their weaknesses and I knew about the person I was trying.." she said and she looked at a photo and file on the defendent..


William "Billy" Gleeson

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Educated in Philadelphia Public Schools

Graduated from Central High School, Philadelphia PA.

Bachelors in Science, Psychology, Lasalle University
Minor, Creative Writing.

Masters, Psychotherapy, Villanova University.

Gleeson and Gleeson Psychologists..

Co-Author with wife, Aida Gleeson,

"Marriage In Tune"  , "Sex and the Married Woman" , "Sex and The Married Man",

"Married while Black" , "When a Marriage Fails." and "Marriage in Black and White.


She also had a file on his murdered wife, Aida  Gleeson.


Carla Billips Gleeson..

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Educated in Philadelphia Public Schools

Graduated from Central High School, Philadelphia PA.

Bachelors in Science, Psychology, Lasalle University
Minor, Creative Writing.

Masters, Psychotherapy, Villanova University.

Gleeson and Gleeson Psychologists..

Co-Author with husband, William Gleeson

"Marriage In Tune"  , "Sex and the Married Woman" , "Sex and The Married Man",

"Married while Black" , "When a Marriage Fails." and "Marriage in Black and White."


"These two were close... They've known each other since High school , went to the same colleges, same major and  opened a practice together..They were Marriage counselors and authors...Millionaires...This is incredible...I am impressed.. I almost hate to prosecute this guy....I admire what he 's accomplished..I need to know more about these two.."said Diane..


"I will get you more , but first you need to get over here and get your clothes off.." said Bert seductively....

"Ouuuuuuu you are a horn dog, all you think about is sex.." Diane giggled..

She undressed and tossed her bra and panties on the bed......

"Ouuu, I never get tired of this..." she laughed...

''I never get tired of youuuuuu" he said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she yelled out..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he yelled.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BERTTTTTT, BERTTTTTTT! OUUUUUUUUU!!" she screamed..

Moving up and down on him and kissing him passionately....

.Bert had Diane bent over the bathroom sink , while he plowed into her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDD!!!" she moaned....

"OHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... OHHHHHHHHH GEEEEEZ!" he moaned...

"OHHHH MY GODDDDD, YOU'RE A BEAST!!!!" she exclaimed..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....YOU ANIMAL!!! BERTTTT!!!" she yelled out.

They were rocking so hard the foundation of the sink was coming apart..



and within an hour they were on the living room floor..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   BERT....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed..

"GEEEEEEEEEZ!" he yelled... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he screamed.. as she banged both of her fist on the floor...

Bert was near delirium.....

"OUUUUUUUUU I'M CUMMING!!" she yelled as her legs began to shake furiously and she moved her head from side to side...sweat and tears just flowing down her face..

Bert was sweating profusely...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"ARE YOU ON SOMETHING? MY GOODNESSS..." she exclaimed..

"I'M ON YOUUUUUUUUU!!OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.

They sat on the side of the bed and she moved up and down on him...kissing passionately.....

and finally made it to the bed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BERTTTTTT!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she squealed with delight..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEEET BABYYYYY!" he moaned..

They made passionate love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!   Diane had had several orgasms and Bert came with wild abandon.....

"I'M ABOUT TO BLOW MY LOAD..OHHHHHHHHARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!" he yelled..


She cuddled up under him and he held her in his arms as they both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.



III-


We sat in Sam Mother's diner...

It was a rainy day........
Beverly sat quietly in a booth with Nelson..
''They say when you meet your idols it can be very disappointing..Cherish the real people in your life."said Nelson softly, rubbing her arms..

"You're real aren't you Nelson?" asked Beverly meekly..

"Yeah babe...I've been in love with you since the day your aunt brought you to the Public Defenders Office to work..That's always been real.." said Nelson..

"Yes...That's always been true...You've always really loved me...I was too shallow to see it for a long time..but I know it now.."said Beverly as she leaned over and kissed Nelson passionately..

Oblivious to other people in the diner..

"If this guy testifies in his behalf, that's his alibi and you can get him off during the preliminary...The problem is..I was by his home...He's out of town...He's some kind of businessman and he's not aware that Billy has been charged or locked up.."I said.

"The arraignment is tomorrow, hopefully he'll be back before the preliminary...."said Olivia.. "I just can't believe these two wrote all of those great books, had a Podcast and a radio show and did so much marriage counseling and yet their whole marriage was a lie..a sham...He's Gay and she's been his beard all these years."said Olivia.

"He sounds like he did really love her and he said she really loved him despite his sexuality!..." said Josie,.

Lt. Tragg walked in the diner....He couldn't help but see Nelson and Beverly





Kissing passionately in their booth and staring lovingly in each others eyes.....

He smiled..

''Don't even think about it..Leave my niece and her husband alone...What is it that you want?" asked Olivia.

"Ohhhhh just thought you'd like to know...We have a positive match for the blood on your client's shoes..It's his wife's blood."said Lt. Tragg...



"That all you got? You got a murder weapon?" I asked.

"How Easy is it to ditch a knife Donnie Ray? Come on, you were a Detective....I got motive....His wife was planning to divorce him, Did you know that Liv?  And guess what? You know her divorce lawyer...She helped you clean out your first husband...Zoey Easter! 
Hahahahahahaha." laughed Lt. Tragg.. "I got motive, I got opportunity and I got blood on his shoes. I got him cold.."laughed Lt. Tragg.

He had done half a day's work for me ironically enough....He had given me something to start with in my investigation.
''Do you always manage to drop such gems of Joy off to everyone you meet?" asked Olivia , now a little irritated.


"It's a Gift" said Lt. Tragg..





Josie and I smiled...

IV-



Nelson and Beverly went home.... Beverly was very distraught and upset about discovering that the marriage of her two favorite writers, Billy and Aida Gleeson was a total sham...That Billy was a closet homosexual and Aida , who he was accused of murdering had been his enabler for years...That their marriage was nothing more than a business arrangement of convenience...

"Bev, Honey Bun....That's just one marriage....Think of all the marriages you know that are real,like Donny Ray and your Aunt, Like Kayla and Ray, Chip and Jessica, Dabnis and Jazzy, Us for that matter!" he said to her as they sat on the bed..

''Enough Nelson, I get it....I'll be alright...Thank you for trying to make me feel better..."said Beverly...



She leaned in and kissed him...They began kissing passionately again.....
The kissing was so intense that soon their clothes were off and both of them were in bed...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NELSON, I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!"said Beverly as their bed began to heave under their combined weights....

"I LOVE YOU TOO HONEY BUN!" said  Nelson...



"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he moaned..

I had told him that he would probably have the best sex of his life with Beverly in this emotional state..She was just like her aunt...

Speaking of which, Olivia, Josie and I were at Lem and Zoey Easter's loft a few blocks away...


It had been a few months since we had been over Lem and Zoey's house..


"Liv, Donnie Ray, Josie.. Zoey is going to be so dissapointed she missed you guys..She's actually in court today...You know, we taught her about being a trial lawyer a few years ago, remember? She's gotten really good at it...In court all the time now.."laughed Lem Anderson, Also an Attorney and the husband of Zoey Anderson- Olivia's good friend and her personal attorney.


"Oh I really needed to speak to her about something."said Olivia.


"I know you're defending Billy Gleeson...It's all over the news....Zoey had been representing his wife...She was uh in the middle of drawing up divorce papers the day she died...but that's all I know..She met with Zoey in her office downtown...and I met with Zoey for lunch and she was still with us...I don't know any of the details other than that." said Lem..

"Was Billy with her?" I asked.


"Nahhhhh, It was a first time visit..an exploratory visit...He might not have even been aware of it..But this is just my observation...Zo would have to tell you... Heyyy By the way...where is Nelson and Bev?" asked Lem..
"Oh they were tired..They went home to get some rest."said Olivia.

I smiled broadly....


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I understand.."nodded Lem, smiling...

"You understand what? Both of you need to stoppppp!" laughed Olivia..

Josie laughed out loud....

And as we were talking , at home in Nelson and Beverly's domicile...there was no sleeping going on..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! WOUUUUUUUUU!!!! OHHHHH MY GODDDDD NELSONNN!!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!" screamed Beverly to the top of her lungs as Nelson plowed into her from behind on their bedroom floor..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!! YOU
DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH ME NEXT DO YOU??????" howled Beverly.

"OHHHHHHHHH I DON'T KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW" howled Nelson...



"OHHHHHHHHHH BEVERLY!" moaned Nelson..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU NELSON....I'M TIRED BABY...I'M ABOUT TO TAP OUT!!" said Beverly...

"I'M ALMOST THERE BABY...UMMMMMMMM!" moaned Nelson..

THEY HAD BEEN AT IT FOR EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!


"UMMMMMMMMPH!!!!" moaned Nelson...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" cooed Beverly..



We were just getting home...We had dropped Josie off...


''That girl should pull her windows down, she is soooo loud."laughed Olivia.

"No louder than you....."I said,laughing...


"Hush up Donnie Ray....I'm not that loud!" laughed Olivia...


"Let's go upstairs and find out.." I whispered to her softly...
"You're on.."laughed Olivia..


and we enjoyed a soft kiss outside of our home as it began to get dark...


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: