Monday, January 4, 2021

For The Love Of Nora


Early Morning...It was the day after a big trial...Olivia and I , Beverly and Nelson and Josie were bone tired..but we had been invited here to this out of the way spot by a friend and we couldn't turn them down..


It was a nice enough coffee shop...






The Girls had Fried eggs 
and Hash Browns..


while Nelson and I had 


Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya and we all had some of the best coffee in this part of the United States.




We had certainly deserved it as well as a peaceful breakfast....



I thought about our last case...It was a doozy...


 Like a lot of our best cases...This one was beginning where one was ending..

My wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece, Attorney Beverly West -East and the rest of their team.. Myself, Investigator Donnie Ray Alexander and Associate Attorneys Nelson East, Beverly's husband and Josie Boyd were standing in court anxiously awaiting the verdict in their latest murder case... The Case of Nora Desmond, A popular Black Female Newscaster accused of murdering her boss,Richard Baker, rumored to be her lover  and a woman he was rumored to be  having an affair with...Gloria Tucker, a married  advertising executive for Ebonyman hair products.

The tawdry case, full of sex and lurid goings on  had made the national news  and had captured the imagination of the city...  The woman  had an impeccable record and her radio station that carried her syndicated show and her Television station had come to us and paid her legal fees.

Our good friend, T.V. Talk show host and an Attorney himself, B.L. Benz carried the case the entire time ,from arrest to acquittal and had had us on his show three times.. 


He did not have Lt. Tragg on his show at all... He figured Lt. Tragg didn't need to be on his show with all the coverage he was getting.

 "I hate the waiting...It's been four days.."said Olivia..
"I know and they asked for interpretation of the law and what she could be charged with four times."said Beverly...my wife's niece, also an attorney..



 "Is that good or bad?" asked our client, Nora Desmond
 "It can go either way..depending on the type of jury you have...I think we got you a good jury Nora.."said Nelson, patting her on the back and smiling hopefully..Nelson, also an attorney is Beverly's husband...He, Beverly and my wife, Olivia have been together since their days as Public defenders..
 "I agree with Nelson...I think you'll be alright." I said. I'm Donnie Ray Alexander, former homicide detective, Now Investigator for my wife, Olivia's law firm...
"Here comes the Judge and the Bailiff." said Josie Boyd..our newest attorney....


Lt. Tragg, the arresting officer had a lot riding on this case...He was 100 percent certain this was a conviction.. It had made National News and he was thrown in the National Spotlight...He was on ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX NEWS...all the major stations...Giving his spin on the case...



We were up against ADA Gerri Williams..She was praying for a victory...Since she had last had a case with Lt. Tragg, She had had twenty five straight victories.Twenty .Five convictions in a row..She  was on a roll, plus she was hoping she would finally beat Olivia ,Beverly and Nelson, who had bested her the last time they met...

It was nothing personal, She had been a year ahead of Olivia in law school..They were in the same sorority ,AKA...She liked Olivia and Olivia liked her...but this was business.

''Baillifs, bring me the verdict..."said the Judge.. He read the verdict and smiled...

''Alright ,read the verdict." he said.

"IN THE MATTER OF COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS NORA JEAN DESMOND......"

"COUNT ONE, CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE- NOT GUILTY"

"COUNT TWO, CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE- NOT GUILTY"

"COUNT THREE, USE OF AN INSTRUMENT OF CRIME IN THE COMMISSION OF SUCH CRIME- NOT GUILTY"

"COUNT FOUR, MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE- NOT GUILTY"

"COUNT FIVE, MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE- NOT GUILTY"

The jury was polled and all of them said "Not Guilty!

''Well, I'd like to thank the jury for doing a sterling job once again and you are dismissed...You can
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" he said and did his little two step...

Everybody laughed..




 "We did  it Niecey Poo.!!!"said Olivia..high fiving her niece!
"We pulled it out Auntay!!...It looked close, but we pulled it out.."said Beverly...



 "YOU GUYS ARE BEASTS IN COURT!!!....WOWWWWW, YOU HAD ME SWEATING!I THOUGHT I WAS DONE!! I want you all on my show in the near future." said our client, Nora Desmond...She already had a new boyfriend, who was there to greet her...
"Baby....Babyyyyyyyy I knew as soon as you told me who you were hiring that you would be home free..." Oh Hi...I'm Eriq Tousanint....Nora's Publicist and Personal Assistant" he said..

"Ohhhhh Eriq! That's an interesting name.." said Beverly... She had found his eyes on either her butt or her breasts the entire trial....At times making her feel uncomfortable..She didn't know who he was.
''Yes it is.."said Josie, who had also caught his eyes on her the entire trial...
"I am soooo sorry that I nearly lost faith in you guys...You guys were simply beasts..."said Nora Desmond, our client..





 "I told you that It can go either way..depending on the type of jury you have...I knew we got you a good jury..I'm happy for you."said Nelson, patting her on the back and smiling.

Nelson had got nine ,out of twelve jurors that we said we needed...All working class African -Americans, four males and five females....all around Nora Desmond's age...a jury of her peers.

"You guys did a stellar job....Thank you again....Especially you Ms. Lady..." he said seductively to Olivia and pinched her behind..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuu" said Olivia, who jerked unexpectedly upon receiving the pinch and then moved behind me and hung to me closer..She stared at him strangely...

"You...You...You're welcome." she said...Giving him a strange look..
Shamelessly he patted me on the back...

"You did a stellar job my man...I see why they all call you their MVP." he laughed..









 "Awwww man that was a nail biter..." I said.  I had done a thorough investigation..Shadowing Lt. Tragg, questioning the same people he had questioned, relooking at Forensic and DNA evidence, getting  second and in some cases third opinions and developing a timeline which placed our client elsewhere and shined a spotlight on the dead woman's estranged husband and another boyfriend she had at the same time..and another girlfriend in the dead man's life...Like I said...This case was a tawdry mess..But we did enough to cast more than reasonable doubt.

It had been a complex investigation...It was times like this...I felt like a Homicide Detective again..

I managed to conduct my shadow investigation without Lt. Tragg knowing what I was doing..He didn't like Private Investigators in general and he only tolerated me because like him..I had been a cop once, on the job...putting in honest work.

"What a relief.." said Josie..

The Local press was giving Lt. Tragg the business..

"Goofed another one eh Artie?"

"Boyyy, you thought you were going to get a national TV show didn't ya?" said another reporter..

"Better he thought the D.A. could get a conviction with that weak ass case he presented."said another reporter.

"Maybe when you actually arrest a guilty person that'll change for you. Huh?."said yet another one..


"You know Lou...How many times a day do you get smacked huh?" asked Lt. Tragg. 

He was furious.


ADA Gerri Williams, smiled and shook her head ..
Her new boyfriend, ADA Ron Harper was there...He waved to us and he put his arms around Gerri and gave her a consoling kiss..
A kiss that looked like it belonged in the bedroom more so than a courtroom...At any rate...She wasn't complaining..She giggled happily...and the two of them left the courtroom , smiling and holding hands...

She had been tough, giving us all , all we could ask for.. She was tenacious and a stickler for detail...But so is Olivia 


and she demanded that same attention to detail from her  other associates..





Her niece Beverly, and Beverly's husband and Olivia's first protoge' Nelson and our newest attorney Ms. Josie Boyd.. All fine lawyers in their own right..

and as a detective, now Investigator...I was the exact same way....Attention to every fine detail. It's the difference between saving someone's life and sending them away to prison.



Which brought us to today.....It would be hell trying to eat any meal at Sam Mother's for us for a few days...Lt. Tragg, smarting from national embarrassment at us acquitting another one of his major busts would be fuming and would make it impossible for us to eat in peace.. Our good friends, Yvette Lockwood and company..







Keith and Beatrice Jones, Sofia Garcia -Ahmed and Kahlil Ahmed and Jade Lee were already ordering their meals by Door dash or Uber eats and staying away from Sam Mother's Joint..They had recently won a case over Lt. Tragg...


Jazzy and Cousin Kayla, were doing the same thing, eating at work and at home because both of their husbands..



Dabnis and Ray..had nearly come to blows with Lt. Tragg in the past two weeks ...


Which brings us to today and this nice peaceful breakfast in this nice small coffee and sandwich shop, miles away from anything we know...

II-


"Olivia?  Olivia Bennett-Alexander is that you?" said a well dressed Black man who entered the coffee shop and saw us...

''Awwwwwww looka here, looka  here , you're as fine as they said you were, finer..."said the man, looking at my wife a little too leeringly for my taste..

"Hello Eddie....Nice to see you again..."said Olivia.


"Again? You mean we've met before and I didn't....I mean uh we've met before?" he laughed..


"We met several years ago at the Black Lawyers Association symposium in San- Francisco...I was one of the featured speakers..."said Olivia..

"Me , you and that uh big guy,Lem were part of the Philadelphia delegation...Now I remember,,Heh ,Heh ,Heh...." he laughed slyly..

Olivia didn't tell me then, but she had told Beverly....

"Oh My God...He was drunk and on my ass every minute....If it wasn't for Lem...He would've raped me...Dancing all close...trying to snake his hands up my dress...trying to kiss me...Ughhhhhhhh, his breath reaked...I forgave him because he's been an incredibly brilliant trial attorney all these years and I've long admired him.."said Olivia.


"They say meeting your idol in person can be disapointing."said Beverly..


He was Eddie Jefferson, a one time Brilliant Defense Attorney and today, a prominent member of City Council....

He had called us here today to have breakfast with him, but he was late...We were all nearly finished...

''Sorry I'm late..  Uh Coffee please" he said to the waitress..."So Olivia....got your own practice huh? Introduce me to your staff..." he said, smiling.. He just assumed we all knew who he was.

He put his arm around Olivia's waste and kissed her on the cheek..


Olivia removed his hand and moved away..

"Eddie , don't do that....This is my HUSBAND, Donnie Ray Alexander, He is our investigator." she said.

I didn't smile...I just nodded my head..



"Ohhhhhh Husband eh?  He looks like he used to be a gangster or a COP!" he said and laughed...


"This is my niece and founding partner of my practice, Beverly West-East...." said Olivia..



"LAWDDD!" he said, looking her up and down...."Your niece? Not your sister.?? Ummmm Ummmmph.."he said leeringly....


"And this is her husband, Nelson East, also an Attorney with my practice..."said Olivia..


"Smart mannnn, don't let her out of your sight...Ummmph Ummmph Umph." he said, Shamelessly leering at both Olivia and Beverly...


''And this is Josie Boyd...Our newest attorney.."said Olivia.


"My lord....Olivia, you keep some fine women around you...." he said...just drooling...


His coffee arrived..

" Now That I've got you all here...We might as well get down to cases... Two things...I need you guys to represent me... and the other....I'M BEING BLACKMAILED!!" he said dryly as he sipped his coffee.



III-

"Blackmailed? Eddie....We are attorneys....what do you want us to do?" asked Olivia..

"Shouldn't that be a police matter?" asked Nelson..


"Absolutely not....I can't allow this type of thing to get out....I need you to do damage control..perhaps sue or send out a cease and desist order..."said Eddie..

"Send a Cease and Desist to who?" I asked.



"There in lies the rub....That's where YOU come in my man...You all didn't know it...but I was at the trial, The Nora Desmond Trial everyday....You guys were beasts in court...You were up against a very good prosecutor and at the beginning of the trial..the odds were high on Gerri Williams pulling this one out...but piece by piece you disected her case like surgeons and you got an acquittal on all charges and that was done because you did a sterling job of investigating...You gave the team all the information they needed and Olivia and her fine bunch of attorneys did the rest...." he laughed..


''Eddie get to the point..What is this about?" asked Olivia..



Beverly and Josie smiled..


''Damn Liv, your niece and your new attorney are two finnnne women...lawd....But okay...Here is the deal..As you know....I am thinking about a serious run for Judge in the upcoming election... I ,unknown to anybody have uh been.....well look at these photos..They're from last summer, I had a little uh entanglement with Nora...It's over.. been over.











They were lurid sexual photos of him and our former client Nora Desmond...


I don't know if you know it...but I am a MARRIED MAN!" he said..


"WHO? YOU???" blurted Beverly.....


I have to admit...I was floored myself..


"Yes I am...My wife works for the Board of Education...We have three grown children and three grandchildren...We've been married for nearly 40 years...I uh..I uh occassionally uh have uh ruh stepped out...I uh am not proud of that... And uh ruh , uh .last summer, Uh ruh Nora Desmond and I got acquainted when I was uh ruh on her er uh radio show being interviewed...and we uh had a little entanglement..but like I said...that was last year...It's over..." he said, smiling sheepishly...

"Entanglement? Is that what you call this Eddie..?? You two had a straight up affair last summer."said Olivia.


Josie smiled...


"Damn Baby, you got a sexy smile."laughed Eddie, ogling Josie's breasts...

"A few months ago , months after my whatever you call it with Nora was over...I started getting photos, these photos in the mail from persons unknown...and I started getting calls...Calls demanding money...It was $5000.00 the first three months...Then $10.000.00 the next three months and then $15.000.00 the next three months.. I'm going broke paying out all this dough...The caller said if I didn't pay they would make these photos known to the media..and my wife...That would end my marriage and my run for Judge...When Nora went on trial for the double homicide, the calls and demands for money stopped..but since she's been acquitted..The calls have started again..I thought it might be Nora behind this...but she was as mortified as I was to know that somebody was following us , and photographing us...I told her I would do all I could to take care of this...After I saw how well you guys performed in court...I knew you guys were the team I needed.." said Eddie Jefferson.


"I'm going to clone your phone...I'll only listen to pertinent messages...but I need to know when your blackmailer calls again...So I can tail whoever it is...Tell your blackmailer that you're going to have someone else deliver the money...Tell whoever that you can't make it..Committee meeting or whatever."I said.


"Now we are gettin somewhere....Olivia...you got a smart man there....He'd have to be smart to land a dish like you..." said Eddie ,hugging Olivia around her waist..


"Okay Eddie...We'll represent you...but I just feel like we are taking your money.." said Olivia, who removed his hands from around her waist...

She told Beverly later...

"I was so glad I had on a long skirt and not a mini skirt.." she said.

"Ouuuu I know right?  I can't believe he's married...He flirts shamelessly with anybody..." said Beverly...



We headed home after a great breakfast.......with a new client....and a sense that we weren't completely done with our old client.

I feared that we were headed into something, maybe above our pay grade...Something we had no business being involved in....








but I was married to Olivia and in a sense, Beverly....I had thrown my lot in with them...So here I was..





as was Nelson and Josie, I suppose...




IV-


Some Hours later in downtown Philadelphia...A meeting is taking place..

"They agreed to do it?" asked Nora Desmond..


"Yeah, they agreed to rep me and Olivia's husband is already on the trail of whoever is Blackmailing me.You sure you have no idea who is behind this?" asked Eddie..

"Nooooooo, I have no idea...I thought my troubles were over once I beat this double murder rap....Now you're being blackmailed...with naked photos of me and you....No offense, but I don't want that to get out....I can't take another scandal...I just can't.."said Nora.


"YOU CAN'T?  I'm up for Superior Court Judge....I don't need a scandal period... I trust Olivia and her team...I saw how well they defended you...Her husband is a very good investigator....He'll get to the bottom of this and just in case...They'll do damage control as my attorneys....I have complete faith in them." said Eddie Jefferson..


They both quietly walked away in seperate directions..



Tender is the night..


Olivia sat on the bed in a white lace baby doll with white string bikini panties looking over a few briefs...She put them on the night stand...

''What a nice day huh?"she said quietly...


"It was nice...kinda sort of...I don't like working for this guy....He seems sleazy..." I said.


"He is....but Donnie Ray, this is easy money...No research, No major murder trial...We just sit back and take his money...."laughed Olivia.


"Well if it means I get more time to make love to you then that's a plus.." I said..

"Seeeeee there is a silver lining..." giggled Olivia..


As I took her in my arms and kissed her passionately... Her butter soft lips, her soft skin, never failed to drive me into near delirium...

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....ohhhh my godddddd Oliviaaaaaaa.."I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned..

as I slipped her panties down and off and lifted her up..

They were so lacy, I was turned on even more....


She went crazy, when I lifted her up and long stroked her like this...

"OHHHHHHH MYYY GOD!!!!!OHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDD! ...OUUUUUUUUUUUU
OHHHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDDD!!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOOOOO
HOOOOOOUUUU! UMMMMMM DONNIE RAY, YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS!" she screamed to the top of her lungs...

We wound up on the couch with me going so hard for THREE TO FOUR HOURS that Olivia was nearly tapping out...Both of her legs shaking furiously, her head turning back and fourth and tears just streaming down her face....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned. slowly......


We fell to the living room floor , where I plowed into her....doggie style..

"OHHHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDD!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDD!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned... Tears streaming down her face....

We eventually wound up in our bedroom making slow , tender love...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONNNNIE RAYYYYYYYYY...UMMMMMMM.." she moaned..as another  THREE TO FOUR MORE HOURS slowly went by..

I slowly began to cum and cum hard......Olivia's body was still shaking...


She crawled on top of me and just collapsed...breathing heavily.... I was breathing heavily too..As we drifted off to sleep....



I dreamed about our former client, Nora Desmond...It just seemed like her case hadn't really ended with her acquittal of murder charges..It was the case that just kept on giving!

(TO BE CONTINUED)

1 comment:

SLC said...

Man I thought that was shrimp and grits for breakfast lol 😁