Friday, January 15, 2021

The Ash Tray




 MONDAY , The Day before the trial is set to begin...
Two cups of coffee were set in front of Assistant District Attorney Diane Baronski and Attorney Yvette Jones-Lockwood.

"Thank you for meeting me here this morning Yvette, I suppose you are wondering why I called this meeting." said Diane..
"Yes ,I was wondering.." said Yvette.


"Ummmmm ,I've heard this is the best coffee for miles around...."said Diane as she sipped her coffee.
"I'm here to proffer you a deal..." she said.

"I'm listening." said Yvette..


"Look your client says she was sexually assaulted and I know you have several witnesses who are going to testify that the murder victim was after Ms. Martin to go to bed with him ever since the day she started working there...I' going to assume your client acted in self defense ,so I'm bumping the charge down to Manslaughter...5-10 years....I'm almost certain she'll do no more than three years, Five at the most...You have my word.."said Diane..

"And my client will be disbarred and her life ruined for a crime she really didn't commit...No I'm afraid not..My client is actually innocent..I'm sorry....Thank you, but no deal.."said Yvette..


"Yvette, think about what you're doing...If convicted of First Degree Murder...At best, she's looking at Life , at worst, The Death Penalty...I've got the murder weapon...A heavy ash tray...with her fingerprints on it, the victim's blood and her sweaty DNA...Those two were the only two in the office that night and I have Street Cam, Traffic Cam and Business cam photos of her leaving the building the night Mr. Reese was murdered...Plus, I know that your little protoge' 

Mrs. Beatrice Jones took her car as a way to fool the police and help your client evade justice...If I want to run wild with this..I could also have Mrs. Jones re-arrested and tried for Aiding and Abetting....That would cost her , her law license ,plus a huge fine and possibly some jail time...Think about it Yvette...You're a smart woman..Do you really want to roll the dice like that? I've studied your record...You're an excellent attorney, you take nothing for chance..This is a BIG chance you'd be taking..and you're rolling the dice on two people's lives and careers...Think about who is more valuable to you , Ms. Martin
who is just a client...one of many you've had or Mrs. Jones.

or your beloved Bee Bee...Your protoge', who is like a little sister to you almost..." said Diane..

Yvette finished her coffee...She put her lipstick on and tossed a dollar or two on the counter..
"Nice try...but still no deal...My client is innocent.." she said with a smile..
"See you in court.." she said and got up and left..


This place did have some good coffee..She had to remember to return here...




Ms Yvette returned to the office and told us about the proffer...


"The only reason why she is making a proffer at all is because she realizes she doesn't have much of a case." said Bee Bee.

"It's a bluff and a very good bluff too!"said Sofia..


"You're right...She doesn't like to lose...and she knows Lt. Tragg has put together a case with a lot of holes..but what worries me is that she has so much information...More than she should have.."said Ms. Yvette.


"It's not any of us...We did all of our research and all of our strategizing at Olivia and Beverly's place and it's clean..They get swept three times a week...We didn't discuss anything at our office or our homes ." I said.


"And you know Tragg didn't give her any info..."said Kahlil..


"I know where she got a lot of info."said Ms. Jade , who was just coming in...She tossed some photos on the desk..

"I thought we might be being shadowed...Turns out we were...By this guy...Our old friend, Ex-FBI agent,now Private Investigator, Bert Vandenberg....and there is more.. 

Not only is he in her employ, but look.. and she showed us more photos of the two of them


kissing passionately in parking lots
Making passionate love


in several places
several positions

and several times a week..

In Bayside

and around Philadelphia..

"He's in her bed." said Jade!

''Wellllllllllllll she's not just paying him in cash!" I said.

"Bee Bee come get your man.."laughed Sofia out loud...

"What can I say? I'm married to him.."sighed Bee Bee, laughing hard as well..


"Mannnnnnnn you are crazy!"laughed Kahlil..



"She knows she doesn't have a case...That's why she came on so strong...with the scare tactics...If she had a case she wouldn't have made a proffer in the first place...We would have been making her an offer..We have enough....Let's go with it.." said Yvette...


Our client, Jane Martin walked in...

"You won't believe who I had lunch with?  The woman who is trying to put me away for life..ADA
Baronski.." she said.. She called me, we met at a little sandwich shop..

"Look, I really shouldn't be talking to you , but I want you to know..I know you were sexually assaulted by this creep...Several people at your office have signed affadavits stating they knew as much....I talked to your attorney and I offered her a deal..I told her that I'm bumping the charge down to Manslaughter...5-10 years....I'm almost certain you would  do no more than three years, Five at the most...You have my word.."She said.


"I didn't kill him, I didn't.."I told her..

"You're an attorney, you know that all that matters in a case is what you can prove...If convicted of First Degree Murder...At best, You're looking at Life , at worst, The Death Penalty...I've got the murder weapon...A heavy ash tray...with your fingerprints on it, the victim's blood and your sweaty DNA...Those two were the only two in the office that night and I have Street Cam, Traffic Cam and Business cam photos of you leaving the building the night Mr. Reese was murdered...Plus, I know that your little bestie, Bee Bee Jones took your car to help you evade capture...I could re-arrest her and bring her up on charges ...You want to ruin her career too?  Think about it and take it back to your lawyer..She didn't want to deal...You might want to reconsider..Oh and this meeting never happened." she said.

"She wasn't supposed to be talking to you....I have grounds to get your entire case tossed out..."said Yvette.


"She sounds desperate." said Ms. Jade.


II-


TUESDAY- The Start of Trial, Jury selection..


Judge Tad Thornton called counsel to a side bar..

Yvette looked angry..

ADA Baronski looked a bit worried.


He wasted no words..

"Assistant District Attorney Diane Baronski..You know, you have tried my patience since this trial began....Now I hear you were speaking to Mrs. Lockwood's client, without her being present....YOU KNOW BETTER....You're not some first year lawyer....I could throw this entire case out or declare a mistrial...I'm going to cut you some slack and not do that....but I will be speaking to John Garcetti about your conduct...NOW STRAIGHTEN UP!" he snarled at her...

She glared angrily at Ms. Yvette..

who smiled


and stood next to Jane..


Bee Bee stared at Diane glaringly, which wasn't lost on her..

"I'm guessing that didn't go well for someone.."I whispered...
"I'm guessing you're right.."said Kahlil..
"She should have known better...A first year law student knows better."said Sofia.


Ms. Jade came in with more file folders and a letter which she passed to Ms. Yvette...

It was time to begin.,..



Kahll and I knew what kind of juror we were looking for..
Yvette had studied a number of ADA Baronski's trials from Boston...She told us to use the old Bait and switch ploy, which she and 


Nelson had taught us...
She was off her game...because we wound up with 10 of the 12 jurors we wanted....


Lt. Tragg sat next to her...His hand had been up under her skirt the entire time, softly rubbing her butt...


"Alright, the jury has been picked...Trial will begin tomorrow morning promptly at 10:00 am..be on time and be ready for trial.." said Judge Thornton....


"I don't believe him...he just doesn't like me....He's such a jerk.." said ADA Baronski..


"I told you he was an asshole baby!" whispered Lt. Tragg.


"I NEED YOU!!!! I NEED YOU NOW!!!!" she said to Lt. Tragg...

Lt. Tragg had a pleased as punch look on his face..

They both entered the Judges Chambers and locked the door..


There was no conversation... just a lot of passionate kissing and heavy breathing...

He pulled her to him and they shared a passionate kiss.....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" she moaned... 
"Lieutenant?" she asked..

"Mmmmmmmmmm, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Yesssssss" he moaned.

"This doesn't mean we are in a relationship of anything...I just needed a ...a release.." she explained.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWD! ANYTHING YOU SAYYYYYY BABY!" he said, barely listening..


He slipped her panties down...She stepped out of them...He unzippered his trousers and they dropped to the floor..He lifted her up...


and he slowly entered her, savoring every last minute...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LIEUTENANT!!!!! OHHHH MY GODDDDD!" she moaned...OUUUUUUUUUU OOOOOOOOOP! OUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEE!" she howled.

"OHHHHHHH GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!" Lt. Tragg moaned... as he began to stroke her even faster..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO, OUUUUUUUUU HOOO HOOOOOOOOOO OH GODDDDD!!! OHHH MY GODDDDDD!" she howled..

She couldn't believe she was having another orgasm so fast...Her head was turning from side to side.. Her entire body was trembling..her legs were shaking and she was crying like a little girl...

Lt. Tragg was near delirium...He couldn't believe his good fortune...

AN HOUR AND A HALF PASSED BY


Lt. Tragg slammed her down on the couch.. pulled her legs apart and continued thrusting...She was herself near delirium..She was having another intense orgasm...She needed it...

TWO TO THREE HOURS passed by before Lt. Tragg began to cum like a gusher..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M ABOUT TO BLOWWWWWWWWW MY LOAD!!!" he screamed..

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LIEUTENANT....OUUUUUUU!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!" she moaned loudly...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!" he moaned..

She was soft and wetter than he could believe......
Soon they were lying on the couch ,making love again....


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LIEUTENANT!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM , OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEE!!!" she cooed like a cat in heat!


Unknown to either of them, We could hear them from the hallway..


"IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS IN THERE?" I asked, chuckling..

"Yessss...That's ADA Baronski and ...and Lieutenant Tragg..Oh My God!!!" said Bee Bee.

"OH MY GOD...SHE HAS A PROBLEM!"said Sofia..

"I'll say...BAD TASTES IN MEN!" said Kahlil dryly...




Ms. Yvette, Jane Martin and Ms. Jade busted out laughing !!!

As the sounds from the Judges chambers continued..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHH MY GODDDDD!  OHHHHHHHHH
MYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDD! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUUUUUUUUU!"she cooed..
She was moving up and down slowly on Lt. Tragg.

"OHHHHHHH...AWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEEEEET BABYYYYYY!" he bellowed...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LIEUTENANT!!!!!" she cooed.

We were long gone by the time they finally finished up....FIVE TO SIX HOURS LATER!

It was late, nearly 9:00 pm, when they left the courthouse. They had really had a workout in the Judges Chambers...Much longer than Diane had expected or wanted.


He tried to hold her hand once they were on the street...

She refused..

"Come on Baby, let's go grab some drinks."said Lt. Tragg.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea..I told you...We are not in any relationship...That was just sex, just a release for both of us." she said sternly...




III-


WEDNESDAY- FIRST DAY OF TRIAL-


Angered by the betrayal by the defendent and by Ms. Yvette's refusal to accept a deal.. ADA Baronski went hard...FIRST DEGREE MURDER CHARGES and she said she might ask for the death penalty...

She gave a very eloquent sumnation to the jury stating that our client was angry about Mr. Presser being promoted over her and her having to work under him when she felt she was far more qualified than he was for the position...and that she waited for a time to get her revenge and that when he came on to her sexually, she used that as an excuse to brutally murder him...

She went on to say that Attorney and my wife Beatrice Jones aided and abetted her in evading the police and that she might be bringing her up on charges at the end of this trial..


Lt. Tragg sat smiling with a pleased as punch look on his face..


Ms. Yvette gave an equally brilliant argument to the contrary. Her client had been sexually harrassed , she was going to prove it and prove that she did not kill Mr. Presser...


ADA Baronski called 20 witnesses, all from the firm who said they had personally heard or seen Mike Presser making sexual come ons or overtures toward Ms. Martin and most of them were unwanted..





With Sofia, Bee Bee and Kahlil  and myself we thoroughly interrogated all of them on cross, we had the statements they gave to police, the statements they gave to Jade and the statements they were making now..We proved that most of what they testified to was mere hearsay and that they had altered their statements somewhat....All of this took about five days..


ADA Baronski while impressed with our thoroughness , nevertheless objected strenuously, but we had several legal precedents on our side..


Judge Thornton had no choice but to side with us..


Which drew angry exchanges between him and her...in which he threatened her with contempt of court if she said another word..

She went back to her seat ,furious..

Lt. Tragg slipped his hand under her skirt again and down into her panties..


She spun around angrily..

"KNOCK IT OFF!" she said and slapped him hard!!


"OOOF!" he said and fell out of his chair to the floor! 

The Jury gasped..

Whatever chemistry they had the day before was gone!


"What in the hell is going on over there?" asked Judge Tad Thornton.





Bee Bee, Jane and Sofia laughed loudly and held their heads down...


ADA Baronski appeared to be losing it..She glared at the three of them angrilly..

She paraded CSI and Medical Examiner personel as well as cops who were at the scene and even Lead detective, Lt. Tragg
Who was visibly furious at being slapped and embarrassed in the courtroom...He could hear snickers from the press ,covering the trial and visitors watching the trial as well as the jury when they came up.

We didn't cross examine any of them...



Finally she held up the ash tray... It had our clients sweaty DNA on it..Her fingerprints and the blood and brain matter of the murder victim..


"She  can say anything she wants, Her lawyers can say anything they want , but they can't disprove this..This ash tray...This is what convicts her.. Find her guilty of First Degree Murder.."said ADA Baronski,closing..and looking confident she had won the case..



''Well, she did some damage...It's 7 to convict,3 to acquit and 2 undecided jury wise."said Kahlil..

"That means our work is cut out for us...She is good I'll give her that...but so are we... ."said Ms. Yvette..

It was Thursday...We had three days before we began our defense.

IV-


MONDAY-THREE DAYS LATER, the start of our Defense.


Ms. Yvette began her defense, promising the jury that not only would she prove our client innocent, but she would point a finger at the actual murderer...

She began by comparing the records of both our client Jane Martin and the man she was accused of killing, Mike Presser..


"Jane Martin ,born and raised in Philadelphia's Fishtown section...A product of Philly Public Schools, a graduate of the Philadelphia High School for Girls,A Graduate of North Carolina A& T and Howard University Law School, Employed at small law firms in D.C. and Philly, Received an MBA from University of Pennsylvania, all before coming to Bridgerton....

And then there was Micheal John Presser, Grew up in Philadelphia PA.  Graduated from Roxborough High School,  A Graduate of Yale and Yale Law School...He spent two years as a law clerk after law school, clerking first for Judge Robert. McConnell of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit court, then for Chief Justice Timothy Sockett of the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court .While at the State Supreme Court, Presser met his future wife, Erin Mirren, a fellow Yale Law graduate who was also clerking for Judge Sockett . After his clerkships, Presser worked in private practice as an appellate litigator at the law firm Hogan & Klenk.  

He and his wife were divorced after three years of marriage.. She claimed infidelity...He fathered a child out of wedlock while they were married..A girl by a visiting attorney...He was paying child support at the time of his death.

He did not have an MBA, yet he was promoted over Ms. Martin, who was there before he was.."argued Yvette.


"All that is well and good, but it has nothing to do with the murder of this man and besmirching the victim's reputation is not justification for his murder." argued ADA Baronski...


For once, Judge Thornton agreed with her...

"I agree, move on counselors.." he said.


To everyone's surprise...We called Jane Martin to the stand..and she gave her account of just what happened that night..



BRIDGERTON INVESTMENTS....10:00 pm.


"Okay...I'm almost finished here.." said Jane..She hated that Mike had asked her to work late on a Monday..She was tired and thought of driving over to either Josie's which was closer or Curley's for a cold brew afterwords..


Her boss, Mike Presser, the same age as her and who had only come to the company a week before her sat down next to her...


Was he going to come on to her again?  She was tired and really didn't feel like it..


"Jane....Why haven't you and I gone out?" he asked.

"You mean why haven't I slept with you....That's what you really mean isn't it?" she replied.

"Well if you want to be blunt about it....Yes? I'm about to move up a step higher in this company and uh if you were nice to me...You could move up too...you know what I'm sayin?" said Mike.

She despised him...She hated that she and he had started at the same time , that she was just as pedigreed, just as good an Attorney as he was...and yet he got promoted over her...And some respects, she was even superior to him...For instance..He had no courtroom experience...While she had been a trial attorney for awhile...not just a litigator and he expected her to spread her legs to move up one notch and still be under him,literally and figurtively...

She had no interest whatsoever....

"I know what your saying and my answer is because I have no interest in going there with you...I don't mix business with pleasure.I'd rather get whereever I'm going on merit." said Jane.

"Merit huh?  Wake up Janey....This is the real world..If we went by merit...There are a lot of Attorneys here with MBA's like yourself ,that would be way ahead of me...."he said.. Now he was rubbing it in...

 "You know Jane...I don't live too far from that townhouse you are subletting. We've been working on this stuff all day, it's late...I did have something more in mind for tonight..."he said softly..



 ''Do you want to finish this or not? This was a lot of files you asked me to pull up..What is all this for anyway? These are loans the company had...Bad loans..."said Jane.

"Ahhhh don't worry about that...You've pulled the files I'm interested in looking at...I'll file them away tomorrow..You're off aren't you? .I've got something else on my mind...I've had it on my mind for a long time..." said Mike Presser.


"Mike You've had your hands on my legs for the past half hour and you've been running them up my skirt...now you're tugging on the waist band of my panties...Let me guess what that might be? Now look, we work together...I don't do this...I don't sleep with people I work with...it makes things a little weird, plus ..Plus You're my supervisor.That's a big no no..."said Jane.

"I've always treated you like an equal partner haven't I? I don't run that old Supervisor jive on you? Besides...everybody already thinks we are doing it anyway.."said Mike.

"All the more reason why we shouldn't...Take your hands from under my dress...."said Jane....


''Come on Janey...It's late, almost 10:30 pm..Why don't you come over to my spot..and I'll spring for breakfast in the morning?."he said..



"I don't think that would be a good idea...Nah...I'm going to my house and sleep in my bed..."said Jane firmly...

Mike pulled her to him, His hand was still up her skirt...He tugged on the waistband of her panties, she finally moved his hands from under her skirt.........He attempted to kiss her, but Jane moved her head...He tried to move it back, but she moved away....He was a spoiled entitled brat, who was used to having his way...



"Mike, stop it okay? Calm down.."said Jane.



"Damnnn Jane you are so sexy...Come on....Get with the program baby."he said..


"No Mike...No...STOP IT PLEASE!!!!said Jane.


 It was 10:45...They were the only two people in their section of the suite-



Mike  attempted to kiss her once again, but Jane moved her head...Mike tried to move it back, but she moved away.... 

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, come here baby....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you've got me hotter than a cigarette at a gas station.." he moaned..

His trousers were standing out like a circus tent..

He grabbed her behind and pulled her into him, He kissed her neck and the side of her face....She eased out of his embrace once again..

"Stop teasing me you little minx...Ummmmmmmmmm!" he moaned...

"MICHAEL , CONTROL YOURSELF!! GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF!" she said..She was afraid now that she might get raped..




"STOP IT OKAY! WHAT HAS GOTTEN IN TO YOU?" said Jane....with more than a tinge of anger in her voice.,.


Mike  knocked over a chair...Some of their files fell to the floor...He was now grinding Jane up against the wall and breathing heavily...

"You've gotten in to me....I'd like to get INTO YOU!!! I can't stop....Do you really want me to stop Jane?Huh baby?" he moaned... 


Jane slapped him hard and kneed him in the groin.....



Mike moaned and fell to the floor..

"OOOOOOOF!   UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned .

In excrutiating pain...he moaned and held his privates....She had knocked the wind out of him...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned...



Jane picked up the rest of her files off the floor and placed them on the table.. She grabbed her purse and her briefcase...She straightened her dress...She placed some files in her briefcase..

"You've lost your mind Michael....I'm calling H.R. tomorrow.!" she said..


 He stumbled to his feet and followed her to the door, he grabbed her again and took her in his arms and kissed her passionately...



"Don't go baby.....Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just had to know what that feels like.." he moaned..as he practically slobbered all over her...
Jane grabbed an ash tray and cracked him once in his head.. 

"Oooof!" he said and fell to the floor for the second time....

"You asshole.." he said..A little Blood trickled from his head.. He was on all fours...He felt his head and stared angrilly at her..

"You are soooo fired tomorrow!" he vowed as he stumbled to his feet...

"Unless of course...You uh administer first aid...heh heh heh..." he laughed as he leaned against the wall..


Jane said no more to him...She left..

Jane, an attorney herself and a trial attorney knew how to talk to a jury, knew how to testify and knew how to not be rattled by a prosecutor..

ADA Baronski went hard at her, but she kept her composure and held to her story about Presser being alive when she left...


Kahlil showed Mike Presser's boxers and called a Forensic specialist that showed there was semen in his boxers...He had pre-ejaculate in his boxers..This had happened while he kissed and grinded on her..

Sofia produced a witness, A man who had worked late on one of the other floors who testified that he had seen Mike Presser, alive and in the men's room that same night..Washing blood from a nasty cut on his forehead in the bathroom...She also produced a photo of the sink , taken by one of the forensic experts with traces of his blood on the sink..

"This is proof that he was alive minutes after Ms. Martin left..."said Sofia.

ADA Baronski was really angry now..

"This was not in discovery....I knew nothing about this witness or evidence.." she said.


"It actually has been in discovery....Apparently you missed it Ms. Baronski." said the Judge..



Lt Tragg glared angrilly at Jade...Once again she had meddled in his case and unearthed a witness and evidence that he should have been privy to..The photo of the sink with blood particles and the witness statement was actually in the Autopsy report on his desk...He had never read through the entire thing


While Ms. Jade and the rest of us had..


Ms. Yvette and 
Bee Bee began showing the jury the company's Financial records ...The Bad loans that were about to sink the company financially and then the mysterious influx of money that came into the company...

Larry Stevenson, Attorney and Forensic Accountant took the next few days to explain the facts to the jury...It was boring at sometime...but they got the point that the company was going underwater and that it suddenly got an influx of cash..


Jane Martin testified that without explaining why she was asked to do this..Mike Presser asked her to research all of this and to look up all of this..

Larry Stevenson said that Mike Presser had proof of Money Laundering, Wire Fraud and an assortment of other crimes for a month and failed to bring this to the attention of the SEC or FBI...He then asked..
''Who was he covering for?"


Charles Estep, the CFO of the Bridgerton Group was called as a hostile witness..


Yvette asked him was he aware of these discrepancies..


Mr. Estep lied and said he wasn't..
I showed several inter office memos that showed meetings between Mike Presser and himself and a memo in which Mike Presser was supposed to be given a huge percentage of the ownership of the company and a healthy stock option...Signed by him on the morning before Mike Presser was murdered.

"Was he blackmailing you? Is that why you killed him?" I asked him.



"I refuse to answer that on the grounds it might incriminate me.." he said..

The Jury gasped..

"Nobody saw you enter the building that night....Because you never left it ....You were still there when Mr. Presser was sexually assaulting my client..You saw her whack him in the head with the ashtray and you saw your chance...When he came back from the rest room, you took that ashtray and you brought it down upon his head several times..."said Yvette.


"NO I DID NOT!" he snarled.


"Yes you did." said Bee Bee, holding up the Ash tray.. My client's fingerprints are on this...I don't deny it..but so is your palm print..They didn't determine who this palm print belongs to yet...but I'm guessing, once the police take your prints...They'll determine that you landed the fatal blows that killed Mike Presser."said Bee Bee..

Sofia produced one last photo, taken from a street cam...

"The Street cams caught my client leaving at 11:00 pm...Nobody thought to look at 3:00 am ,when you felt safe enough to leave without being seen....That's you isn't it?"


"I need to seek the counsel of an Attorney." said Charles Estep..


"That's a damn good idea."said Kahlil..
With that Yvette gave her closing argument..

So did ADA Diane Baronski.



THREE DAYS LATER!

We all appeared in court for the verdict!


"I was hoping our smoking gun would get the case tossed out."said Bee Bee.


"Wasn't that much of a smoking gun...He didn't confess like we had hoped."said Kahlil..

"Doesn't matter, We exposed him big time...I think we got it." I said.

''So do I"said Sofia.who held Jane's hand..


Jane shook a little bit..

"Juries are so funny." said Jane.

"Have good courage...We all did a damn good job...I'm sure we got this.."said Yvette.

ADA  Baronski felt the chill in the courthouse...She had managed to aileanate almost everyone..


The Judge  definitely was perturbed by her and because she tampered with our client..We definitely weren't sending her any good will..
Even Lt. Tragg, who had slept with her twice was giving her the cold shoulder..He was furious about being slapped and embarrassed in court..She hadn't been the first woman to slap him or embarrass him...but he seemed to take this a little more personal. They hadn't spoken to each other since then and he didn't even sit with her anymore. He sat in the visitor's section.

"The jury is here with the verdict." said Jade.


"Bailiff pass me the verdict.." said Judge Thornton.

He read the verdict and snickered...He then passed it to the Bailiff.

"THE COMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA IN THE MATTER OF JANE MARTIN ,CHARGED WITH THE CRIME OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER FIND THE DEFENDENT , NOT GUILTY! " said the Bailiff.

The Jury was polled and each one said "NOT GUILTY!" 

ADA Diane Bronkowski slumped in her seat....She had never lost a case before..She had paid for in cash and sex, a great investigator..She hadn't depended on Lt. Tragg...She had been warned about his ineptness....Which was why she hired an investigator and even HE  had missed key points in the trial.
She peered at Yvette and her team..


She viewed Yvette as a skilled attorney, a very worthy opponent..who had groomed a team of very efficient young attorneys..







very disciplined, very versed in the law, great attention to detail..

and an incredible investigator who worked overtime and brought home the bacon...

"Yvette, congratulations...you and your team did an excellent job." Diane said..

Yvette smiled slightly, but said nothing..She was still miffed at being bullied during the proffer and then having her approach her client without her being present...She found that unethical...She also didn't like the veiled threat to prosecute Bee Bee...which was all null and void now..She understood how this woman won so many cases..She was Ruthless and cut throat and would do anything to win..Intimidation and Extortion not too far from her list. No , It would take Yvette a long time to warm to her.


Lt. Tragg didn't hang around for the press conference..He knew he was going to be pilloried by the local press anyway and he was in no mood for it..He left the courtroom immediately as did we all..


Judge Thonton didn't look her way..He too left the courtroom immediately..


ADA Diane Bonkowski had lost her first case...She was angry, exhausted and horny all in one and there wasn't one man around..She stood on the steps of the the courthouse and cried...

EPILOUGE-


Charles Estep was indicted on Federal charges of Wire Fraud, Money Laundering and state charges of Murder....He was convicted on the Federal Charges and Sentenced to 25 years...He was convicted on the state charge of General Murder and sentenced to an additional 25 years...He is serving his entire 50 year sentence at a Federal Facility in Upstate Pennsylvania.


We  were having breakfast at Sam Mother's Diner..


Ms. Yvette and Gary were sitting at the counter, waiting for their order , kissing passionately..

"Ummmm look at my little winner." said Gary..

Ms Yvette stared lovingly into his green eyes and 


continued kissing him passionately...







as both of their breakfasts were placed in front of them...




the six of us were having pancakes and sausages for breakfast..


"Soooo Jane what do you plan to do now?" I asked..


"You going back to the Bridgerton Group?" asked Bee Bee.


"Nahhh, I turned in my resignation and I accepted a position at the Women's Law Center down near Penns Landing.."said Jane.

"OHHHH Good For You...Jade ,isn't that where your cousin works?" asked Sofia.

''Sure does.. I'll give you her name and phone number...You should look her up..Tell her you know us."said Jade.


"Don't look now but here comes trouble." said Kahlil...

We were just starting to eat... Lt. Tragg walked in..


In his usual foul mood and naturally he honed in on us...but before he could come toward us...

Assistant District Attorney Jim "Jumpshot Jim " Taylor


who he couldn't stand.. (They had once had a fist fight after a trial and Jumpshot Jim savaged him on Television...) walked in with new Assistant District Attorney Diane Baronski...


Both were smiling sheepishly at each other.

"Ohhhh Jim....I remember your smooth moves on the court when you played college ball, but they're nothing like your smooth moves in the BED!" she said  as they both grinned from ear to ear  and smiled at each other sheepishly...

Lt. Tragg was sooo furious , he stomped his foot and stormed out.....


"Damn, I can't find one good man and this chick has had three men since I got arrested and tried."said Jane.
"Whatever she's doing...She obviously does it well." I said.
"The Power of The Panties." said Bee Bee.
"I'll say."said Sofia.


''She's going to have a reputation before long."said Kahlil.

"HAH, YA THINK?" said Jade..

Our entire table erupted in laughter.

No comments: