Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Another Country Heard From


 WEDNESDAY MORNING-COURTROOM B

Judge Newton Cowley was presiding...
Upon seeing him, Yvette gave Kahlil the side eye...


He shrugged...

"I'm sorry Ms. Yvette , He was the only Judge available on such short notice..Either that or we wait another 48 hours....I-I figured you didn't want to do that.." he explained.

I snickered....I had told Kahlil that Ms. Yvette would not be happy with this particular judge..
Ms. Yvette smiled and relented..

"See? This is why I usually send my girls when I need a judge picked.." she said and she looked at
Sofia and Bee Bee 



Both of who looked at Kahlil and snickered as well.



Judge Newton Cowley was particularly odious...He had a reputation for being both a racist and a sexist pig...He had recently been involved in a scandal in which he had groped and sexually assaulted Former ADA April Taylor.


She had to nearly pry him off of her at dinner and had kneed him in the groin and slapped him, causing him to fall to the floor. The entire thing had been filmed by someone's phone and it went viral, causing her to first ask for a leave of absence, and then to quit the D.A.'s Office altogether.  She now resided and worked in San- Francisco... She didn't press charges..

He was lucky he wasn't removed from the bench or disbarred.. He had been keeping a low profile ever since that incident.


"I tried a case in his courtroom once.. After ruling against me all morning...He had the nerve to put his arms around my waist after trial and ask me out for drinks...tried to palm my butt too...I gave him a resounding NO and went about my business.. He routinely questions me about the size of my breasts and my cup size...I can't stand him!" said Ms. Yvette to Ms. Jade.


But like it or not we were stuck with him..


Our client, Henry Lott Sr. sat stoically, looking ahead...expressionless...


The Assistant District Attorney was another country heard from also, Assistant District Attorney Denver Miller. An Alcoholic, He came in grinning and stumbled, nearly tripping over his chair..


"Geeez Mills, You smell like you drank the entire saloon...You know you had an arraignment this morning, couldn't you lay off the sauce for one night? It's Wednesday for cryin out loud.." said Lt. Tragg.

 

''And good morning to you too Artie.." he said and giggled.. He pulled out a hankerchief and blew his nose and took a seat..

''Oh God...Denver Miller.. He was once a hell of a lawyer...Then he started drinking....and never stopped.. I'm surprised he still has a job ." sighed Yvette.
Jade smiled.

"We sure come across some charactors in our time don't we?" said Jade..
"He looks like he's soused right now." said Bee Bee.
"He is, look how red his eyes are and his nose.."observed Sofia.

"Buckle Up Home Slice...This trial is going to be off the hinges... I can feel it." I said to Kahlil.
''You aint never lied buddy." said Kahlil, looking at both the judge and the ADA and shaking his head..


It wasn't smart to under-estimate ADA Miller...He was slightly inebriated...but not unprepared..

"Your Honor, The suspect, Mr. Henry Lott Sr. is one of the area's wealthiest men...He has a private Jet at Northeast Airport and a townhouse in New York City and a residence in the Chicago area...He is a flight risk and is accused of First Degree Murder of his wife or rather ex-wife who he was in a contentious legal battle with over a residence she was living in here in Philadelphia.  I say he should be held without bail." he argued.

"I'm going to hate doing this... I hope my girls never resort to this." said Ms. Yvette to Jade.
''What are you going to do?" asked Jade.
Ms. Yvette unbuttoned her blouse just enough that her pretty pink floral bra-lette was showing.. She hated herself for resorting to this...but she wanted more than anything to win and to keep our client out of jail.





She smiled and stood up and spoke slowly ,almost in a whisper..

"Your honor, nothing could be further from the truth , My client, though wealthy it is true is a respected area businessman and noted philanthropist.. He is not a flight risk...He wants his day in court to fight these egregious and unfair murder charges and to clear his good name..."Ms. Yvette want on..

Judge Cowley's mouth hung open....He was glad to be sitting behind the bench...He had a massive erection that he was glad was hidden... He hung on to Yvette's every word..Forgetting everything Denver Miller had said.

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he said under his breath....... "MY LORD!" he exclaimed to himself...


Ms. Yvette's back was turned to us ,so we couldn't see what she had done..


Sofia and Bee Bee presented five character witnesses a piece to bolster our argument..

It was all that was needed...


His eyes were transfixed on their shapely bodies, their tight skirts and their beautifully shaped legs...
He wasn't even listening to the witnesses...


Kahlil and I had witnesses to call but we didn't need it..

The Judge made his ruling...

"I agree that Mr. Lott is indeed a lion in our community and I am voting that he be released on his own recognizance. No Bail!" he said.

''Wow , a person charged with First Degree Murder almost never gets released on his or her own recognizance." I said.,
"I certainly can't think of any recent or past cases where that happened." said Kahlil..
"Me neither.." said an astonished Bee Bee.
'The power of the boobies...That old horn dog Judge couldn't take his eyes off of Ms. Yvette or you two young ladies either.." said Jade,
''Well regardless..We got what we came for."said Sofia.

"You guys are even better than Brenda said you were..."said a jubilant Henry Lott Sr.
"Maybe...but right now..We are going back to our building to eat and then up to our suite for a meeting."said Yvette, fixing her clothing..



He thought of seeing Virginia again and he smiled..

A white man walked over to where we were..

"Congratulations Henry, you're a free man...I knew you weren't guilty of murder." said the man.

''Broady...How are you?  I'm not out of hot water yet...I'm just like, out of jail...I still have to stand trial for murder." said Henry Lott Sr.   "Let me introduce you to my lawyers...

"This is Mrs. Yvette Jones -Lockwood my lead Attorney.. Yvette, guys...This Jack Broady, a realtor." he said.
"Pleased to meet you mam!" said Mr. Broady..

''And these are her associates, Keith Jones, His wife, Beatrice Jones, Sofia Garcia-Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil Ahmed and their investigator, Jade Lee-Ho."






He looked at all of us, Three African -Americans, A Latina, An Arab and an Asian...her marveled at the racial make up of the defense, but said nothing.

"I thought the blonde was your lawyer." said Mr. Broady.


"You Mean Brenda.. She is..but she doesn't do criminal law...These guys do criminal law and they are the best...as you've seen... I have a meeting with them this afternoon... I'll call you later on and we'll hammer out the transferring of ownership of my townhouse to you."said Henry..

''Alright Henry...I'll await your call...It was nice meeting you guys." he said.

II-



Back in the office... Another beautiful bouquet of Roses..

Jetty and Virginia were in the office kissing passionately...
"Jetty baby....everyone will be coming back soon....and it's almost lunch... Thank you for the flowers."
''Ummmmmm just one more kiss baby and I'll leave...I promise." said Jetty..


in between more kisses.......


"Ummmmmmmmmm that was nice baby..." said Virginia, easing out of his embrace...  "I'm having drinks with Olivia and Vettie tonight...So I'll call you when I'm on my way home.." she whispered.


"Okay baby...See you then." said Jetty.


Virginia took a wet rag and wiped her lipstick off of his face and the collar of his shirt.. before applying lipstick and make up... She waved goodbye to him as he walked toward the elevators..


We saw all of our friends, sitting and eating together when we entered the cafeteria and grabbed our food.
"Heyyy Vettie, Guys." said Jazzy.
'What's Up?" said her husband, Dabnis.
"Good Morning Vettie." said Kayla.
"Morning folks." said her husband, Ray.
"Hola Vettie, Everybody." said Jessica Sanchez-Burrows.
"Heyyy Guys, Good Morning." said Chip.
"Yo! What's up guys." said Tony.

..









Henry Lott Sr. was not used to eating in a setting like this, even though it was a corporate setting.. He ate in plush country clubs where his meals were brought to him by waiters and waitresses...
Not only that...He felt uncomfortable around so many African Americans and people of color...He felt a little more relaxed when our friend, ADA Karen Page joined us... another white person.. He didn't feel so alone..


But his eyes lit up when he saw Virginia entering the room with her food..

Unfortunately for her, she sat right across from him... He stared at her the entire time she ate...



"Oh my God, her breasts got bigger!" he said to himself...

"Sooooooooooo we meet again, eh sexy?" he whispered...


She didn't say a word...She just ate her food..


We retreated to our conference room/law library...


''Nice place you got here Yvette." said Henry...

"Thank you...Now let's get down to cases...Neighbors claim they heard a loud argument and then two gunshots..." said Yvette.



"It wasn't me...She had a restraining order out against me...It's on the record... You're friends with Olivia Bennett-Alexander, she'll tell you...I haven't been there in at least two weeks.." said Henry.

"Got any idea as to who she might have been arguing with?" I asked.
"Not a clue..but it wasn't me..." said Henry Lott Sr.
''The day of the murder, tell me where you went..Everywhere you spent money...Give me the time."said Bee Bee.

''Alright, let's see..I was up at 8:00, showered and shaved , went for my morning constitutional with my friend Balki...He'll confirm my story...I was back at 9:30, showered and shaved and took my sportscar out for a drive at 10:00... I purchase Gas with my credit card and then went to Mulberry Street...I had drinks and brunch with an associate, a female associate...Karen Banks...She'll confirm..I paid for both meals with my credit card.. I purchased a bouquet of roses from the florist....I used my debit card .Then around 12:00 , I was actually here...in your office...I was talking to Virginia..She'll tell you...I left at 12:30 and I drove home, took a nap and didn't leave my condo until around 3:30.That's it." said Henry.

''Did you tell Lt. Tragg any of this when he arrested you?" asked Sofia.
"I told him nothing...Only that I didn't do it." said Henry..
"That was probably wise. If I know right he probably has next to nothing as far as proof."said Kahlil..

"Which means we could end this quick...in the preliminaries or before." said Yvette.

"Of course I will have to verify all of this and talk to all of your witnesses..." said Jade .."As well as talk to the witnesses around that townhouse." said Jade..

"I usually advise my clients to check themselves into a motel or hotel using their own name... and to keep a low profile.. You can do that if you choose or you can ,knowing all of your resources, hole up somewhere secluded but within the city limits." said Yvette,

"This is a Portal..."I said.. "Take this.. We'll communicate with you daily through this and give you updates on the progression of your case." I said.
"This will keep you from having to come down here all the time.." said Kahlil..
Bee Bee passed him a burner phone.
"This is a burner phone...From here on and until the end of your trial you call this number..." said Bee Bee,
"You don't call our business phones or our personal phones.. you call this number.. This phone is clean and untraceable." said Sofia.
"My goodness...You guys don't take any chances do you?" Henry laughed.

"That's how we stay on top of everything.." said Jade.

"I like that...I like you guys...Brenda was more than right on the money about you guys...I'll see you." he said as he got up and let himself out...


He walked out into the lobby...


Virginia was sitting there...

"Ummmph, you actually put on a little weight in 7 years....I like it...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you don't know how much I like it..." he whispered in her ear..


Virginia didn't say a word...She simply sat there quietly.....
"You're going to give me some of that before I leave..." he whispered in her ear..
She still did not respond..

He turned and left..



III-

Yvette and Virginia met with Olivia Bennett-Alexander at a Tony new spot in town after work..
Olivia was laughing hysterically...

"Vettie ,I can't believe you did that girl...." she said...
"I had no choice...And thank God the prosecutor was old drunk Denver Miller and not some busty, pretty blonde like April Taylor...I just opened the buttons of my blouse and showed the old horn dog a little bit of bra and he went for the bait.... And you know how busty and leggy Bee Bee and Sofia are...by the time they gave their presentation it was all over...The old dog was close to cumming in his trousers...He released my client without any bail..." said Yvette...
"Oh my god....I have to admit...That was thinking on your feet....And Hell, it worked..."said Virginia..who was laughing herself..

"My girls didn't see it..My guys didn't either.. My back was to them...I think 

only Jade saw what I did..








I don't want Bee Bee and Sofia Or Beverly, Josie,Bree, Kayla,Jazzy ,Jessie or any of our young ladies to ever think they have to stoop that low..."said Yvette in all seriousness..

"I agree, but you did and it worked.."said Olivia, looking at her best friend and laughing even more..

''We don't want our young men growing up in a world where they feel they can demand this from women either.. although I don't think they would...They are all good guys and good people." she said.










Thinking of the young men in our group , who were all good guys...

"Here come our drinks.." said Virginia...




As their drinks arrived.... Virginia felt relaxed being with her two friends on a nice warm and relaxing evening.

The Office Of Assistant District Attorney Denver Miller.
ADA Denver Miller was indeed an alcoholic, but he wasn't drunk all the time and when sober...he was a pretty decent attorney... He was going over the case...The Autopsy report, the crime scene photos and witness statements and depositions.. This was a very weak case... This was a wealthy man..

who could very well sue the city.... He had to tread lightly... Lt. Tragg had to go over this crime scene and bring in more evidence...

He then looked at the file on the attorneys who would be arguing the case..



 
KEITH JONES-

Born in Philadelphia PA. 

Mother, Nancy Jones, Court Stenographer

Father, Judge Keith Morrison

Graduated from West Catholic High School

B.A. Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Howard University

J.D.- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French, German

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware ,New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Beatrice Evans



BEATRICE LYNN EVANS -JONES

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy ,Pre Law- Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Deleware, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey /Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Keith Jones

SOFIA CARMELITA GARCIA-AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration Of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law-Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney -McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Kahlil Ahmed...

KAHLIL ABDUL AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Central High School

BA.- Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Temple University

JD- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Speaks Arabic languages fluently, fluent in German and Russian.

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Sofia Garcia




YVETTE DENISE JONES-LOCKWOOD

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from North Catholic High School

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Lasalle University

JD -University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware , New York, Texas, California.

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Managing Partner- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to District Attorney Investigator-Gary Lockwood.


He had known Yvette Jones for a number of years... She was now a partner at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt...and she was a very tenacious and talented attorney...
If her young protoge's were anything like him...He was going to have to be on top of his game..



IV-


Virginia was home...She had taken her shoes off and was relaxing, when her doorbell rang..
She wasn't expecting Jetty this early....


To her surprise, it was Henry Lott Sr.

"Hello Virginia." he said.

''What are you doing here?" she asked.

''Is that anyway to greet an old friend Virginia?" he asked. 
He looked around....
"It's nice... but a little small and quaint for you, not what you're accustomed to...You used to have a view of the entire city...What do you have now? A view of across the street?" he laughed.
"It'll do." she said.





"Really? Will it?  The Attorneys you work for and pal around and drink with have homes...You were pulling down huge paydays when a lot of them were still in law school...Will this ever do Virginia?  I can give you a townhouse...I did it before....That car you're driving..It's a 2019...I can get you a 2023.
Bet you haven't been out of town since you got paroled...I can take you places...Anywhere you want to go...What do you say Virginia?" he asked.

"I'm good...You know what I have now?  I have a place that's my own...That I paid for...I don't live in fear of being replaced by another woman, having my car taken from me..Everything I have is in my name,paid for by me..  I have friends...Good friends who don't judge me, who have taken me in and made me feel at home...I have a job where I'm comfortable...and best of all, I'm involved with a man who loves me...who I KNOW LOVES ME and doesn't hide me from a wife or anyone else." said Virginia.


"Come to Chicago with me and you can fly all of your friends out to visit and I'll put them all up on a quarterly basis...I promise.." said Henry Lott Sr.


''That's alright.. I'm good and they're good...It's over between us Henry....Don't come by here again...I'm not going to Chicago or anywhere else with you."said Virginia.

"You were the best I ever had....I still want you, I still think about our times in bed...I can't get you out of my mind.." said Henry...


''Try Hard." said Virginia. "Goodbye" she said.


He turned and left..

HOURS LATER-
The Doorbell rang again.,
This time it was Jetty...

''Heyyyyy baby!" he said in his low baritone.
"Heyyyy Jetty." she said, very glad to see him..

She kissed him softly and led him into her bedroom...still kissing him....

As usual, he was as hard as a tree trunk at just the thought of her..

''Ummmmmmmmmm someone other than me is horny tonight." he said.

"I am.." said Virginia..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY!" he said.

"YES OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY IT'S YOUR LUCKY NIGHT!" she said.


The continued kissing and undressing....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....UMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned silently..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JETTY, JUST TAKE ME....TAKE MEEEEE!" she cooed

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWD!" he moaned, lifting her up..
She was so wet,so moist, smelled so good and as soft as a newborn baby.... He was delirious.....
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU JETTY, YOU'RE SO HARD, SO BIG!!! OH MY GODDDD!" she screamed to the top of her lungs...as he placed her on the sink and plowed into her....

He bent her over the bathroom sink and entered her doggy style..

"LAWWWWWWD THIS IS SO DAMN GOOOD!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed....

They made sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!  She cried like a baby, she came so hard and so intense..

She lie on his chest, softly stroking his penis...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned, cumming slowly again... He cupped her buttocks and she trembled a bit...

They kissed each other until they both fell asleep.


THURSDAY-


We were hard at work on the case.....

Bee Bee and Sofia were busy doing research, looking up laws, predicates, depositions related to the case

''Girl, when we get out of here today...I've got to pick up Mine and Keith's Dry cleaning." said Bee Bee.
"I'll go with you..I gotta pick up Kahlil and my dry cleaning."said  Sofia.

Kahlil and I were looking at Autopsy reports, Crime scene photos, depositions and reading witness statements..

''Where we eatin tonight home slice?" I asked Kahlil.
" Let's Go to Mabel Jenkins joint.. I feel like some ribs.." said Kahlil.

Ms. Jade returned to our office with our lunch...


"I'm back and with food..." she said..


''Ouuu girl thank you... Did you check out our client's alibi?"asked Ms. Yvette.

"Yup, Everything matched up with the times and his credit and debit cards...He was where he says he was.." said Jade.

"Ugh...He was here the day of the murder , does that co-incide with the time of the murder? " asked Ms. Yvette. She asked because if it did...It would be part of evidence..and Lt. Tragg would know the location of  our office..

"Relax...The murder occurred around 11:00 am in the morning... He was having drinks with Karen Banks... His credit card confirms it and I talked to two people at the restaurant...They confirm he was there with a young lady, Karen Banks..I haven't found her yet... but anyway...His alibi holds..." said Jade.


"I told you." said a very confident Henry Lott Sr.

''What are you doing here Mr. Lott?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"That's why we gave you the Portal, so we could give you updates on your case and you wouldn't have to come out.."I said.
"You really should be keeping a low profile sir." said Kahlil.

"They're right you know. You didn't have to come all the way down here." said Ms. Yvette.
"I know why he came down here.." whispered Bee Bee.
"I know too.,..To see Ms. Virginia." whispered Sofia..



Ms. Virginia sat out in the lobby and sighed...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: