Thursday, June 2, 2022

Smoked Out

In the sub-basement of the Office of Morris Communications 
lies Morris Investigations, equally staffed with my Operatives, now numbering 14 and Administrative Assistants and an Office Manager.. My two most trusted Lieutenants, Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson basically ran the show when I wasn't around..

 They were helping me unlock the mystery as to who Willie "Sweet Dick " Jenkins would be killer from New Orleans was.. We needed to identify him and smoke him out.

Clerow and Owen Todd, both married and family men were available if I really needed their help but were rarely called now of days..



They had merged their real estate business with my wife and Sepia's business and they worked a much safer nine to five...


Likewise, Sean Jackson and his wife, Sheila Jackson were left to the actual running of Morris Communications.. I paid them both handsomely for their loyalty..

I was working for a lot for Attorneys now of days anyway..... 


I was at The Bridge Building, as much as my own building, working with the attorneys. I worked with the individual attorneys and with the WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT and THE INNOCENCE PROJECT















Yvette and her crew had recently relocated there..She was a Managing Partner now and had her own staff, which consisted of the four attorneys she had always supervised.. Keith , Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil.. and a great investigator, Jade Lee.

Jade Lee was a Great Investigator and a friend...When she got bogged down with cases, Me and My operatives often pinch hit for Yvette and her crew.






Olivia and her team had me and my operatives sweep her entire Office /Duplex for electronic cameras and listening devices three times a week...





Olivia's husband, Donnie Ray was an ex-Homicide Detective...A Fine investigator..  He sometimes came to me for surveilience photos or intelligence on a suspect...

These all were what I called "Soft cases" The kind that allowed me to be home for dinner on most nights.. Not so much of the dirty street cases anymore.. but when called upon, I could work a few of those too.


Today..with the wonders of modern technology....Computers, Laptops, Tablets and Phone calls to the New Orleans Police Department. I was gathering information on the man who was after Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins..


Geechie Dan Don.... Real name Daniel Donald Cullerton...Born in South Carolina, but raised by a single mom in New Orleans,  Louisiana. His mother married again when he was 14.. A man of means ,who made sure he had a good education, the best and schooled him in the art of playing Poker.

He received a Bachelors Degree and MBA from our very own University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business.

A second MBA from Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

He was a real smart guy... Avery successful  Investment Banker by day...A Big Time Gambler and reputed Underworld figure by night...

Also a pure psychopath...

Twice married....

His first wife filed numerous domestic abuse complaints against him...Filed for seperation after two years of marriage...One night,  She vanished...

She was found off the gulf in a barrel, two years later...Two gunshots to the head..   There was never enough evidence to charge him with anything..but people all believed he had his wife killed.

Her lawyer was found shot to death outside his yacht on the Marina , a year after she passed away..Again, no evidence to prove he was responsible ,since he was conveniently out of town at the time.

He married again.....


He left his wife after he met this woman, Yolanda "Lani" Marcel...An African American woman of Creole heritage also...She entranced him in the bed, drove him crazy and he put her up in a stylish New Orleans town house..

He became so obsessed with her that he filed for divorce from his second wife...Who wisely accepted the money from the prenup and didn't ask for anymore.. She didn't want to end up like wife number one.

He ran several floating crap games in New Orleans.. They were quasi legal... The Police knew about it, but like Eddie Lee here in Philly..He kept the peace and for a sweet payoff they looked the other way..
His games were usually exclusively whites only...

He made the mistake of letting a well dressed Black player named Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins into his games and before long this man had done the unthinkable..He took him for six hundred thousand dollars, tax free...


He was livid and embarrassed at being taken like that...He wanted his money back and when someone embarrassed and frustrated him like that...They usually wound up dead.. but neither he ,nor his people could hunt in the circles Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins ran..


So he fished his girlfriend, Yolanda "Lani" Marcel into Willie's world.. Her mission, seduce him, get that safe combonation and poison him.. She did neither..





After a night or several nights of Hot Sex...She fell in love with Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins and moved out of her townhouse and in with Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins.


This infuriated Geechie Dan Don and he put an open contract out on both Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins..AND Lani Marcel. After a failed attempt..Willie knew it was time for him to go.


Willie gave her some money and told her to get out of town...From what he told me.. She's in Houston, Texas.. He headed in the opposite direction, Philadelphia..


Geechie Dan Don however was obsessed...He took a leave of absence from his Investment Banking job and he traveled to Philadelphia, where a Private Investigator informed him that Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins had four daughters who had a successful catering business and soul food emporium...and a niece as well..

Where else would he run but to Philadelphia? And so he was here...As unhinged as ever and determined to find him and kill him.. He had embarrased him and won more money off of him than anybody in history..That was bad enough, but he took what was his, His woman !! HE HAD TO DIE!!!" he proclaimed.


My job was to make sure that that didn't happen. He was staying downtown at the Marriot.  We knew his room number and his phone number.. We had smoked him out!



II-


CURLEY'S BAR..


Geechie Dan Don walked into the bar and sat down with Bert Vandenberg...

''So what'cha got for me?" he asked..



My operatives have been shadowing his daughters and his niece..We've been up on their business and personal phones.. Nothing.. No phone calls or texts or emails from him or to him.. Everything on the daughters phones is about food orders and the workings of their restaurant and catering business and the neice..is a realtor.. She's got three other associates...everything is about selling houses..No calls from or to anybody named Jenkins..No texts or emails one way or the other.


The last time he was seen in public was a few days ago...He had a physical alteration with a cop, A Homicide detective named Arthur Tragg, Lt. Arthur Tragg. In a diner, Sam Mother's Diner.. The cop was off duty, they got into a fist fight...The cop got the worst of it...Because this particular cop has had so many incidents like this in this diner...He's been banned from the diner..and his superiors told him to stand down and gave him some days off.


''And that was the last time he was seen in public...but here's the thing.. This guy here, Kevin Morris is a Private Investigator, he's very good.. He's the husband of Jenkins Niece.. If anyone could find him or if anyone is harboring him...Has him hidden away... He would be the guy I'd look at.,.He would know. he has a lot of contacts in the community and in law enforcement..



We've been up on his phones and like the others...Nothing..but he knows something...I'm sure of it." said Bert Vandenberg.


"We reached out to him before ...I used a certain Mr. Lemond Bishop and his associates..Apparently this Kevin Morris is a tough customer...and as you know Mr. Bishop and his entire organization is under criminal indictment.. This Kevin charactor is insulated..He has many friends in Law enforcement around him..like you say..but I too think he knows something.. He should be watched." Said GDD!

"From what I know about Jenkins, He loves a good party,,,And tomorrow there is going to be a big picnic in the park in that area of the city where his daughters live and work...They have it every year leading up to the Ms. Panties beauty pageant,.There is no way he came all the way to Philly and is going to miss those two things..." said Bert Vandenberg.


"Ms what?" laughed GDD

"MS PANTIES" "It's an annual beauty pageant where instead of swim suits...Models appear in panties and bras and lingerie...believe it or not...It's a really classy affair..They swarm to it..And it's a showcase for all of the Lingerie stores to show off their latest wares.. It's held at the rooftop club, Mulberry Street." said Bert.


"Very good..."said Geechie Dan Don... He tossed a couple of hundreds on the table.

"I'll be in touch if I need you.." he said.


Cullerton wasn't hard to find.. Lockpick Johnson got us into his room.. He wasn't in..

I knew where he was...At Curleys Bar meeting with Private Investigator, Bert Vandenberg. I had a man watching him...

Meanwhile..


Me and three operatives cloned his business phone ,his laptops and his tablet.. 



I photographed his itinerary and his return airline tickets.

We left after putting everything back the way it was... He would have no idea we had been here.

I always tried to stay a step ahead of my adversary...That's called staying alive..


I had two of my operatives at the airport...


A Black man in a Panama Hat and a nice summer shirt and white slacks got off the plane.. He looked around...He saw Geechie Dan Don...he smirked.. He had worked for Geechie Dan Don before.. He had murdered his wife and made her body disapear for two years... He had murdered her lawyer a year later also.

Geechie Dan Don always paid well..  He lived in a fine Townhouse outside New Orleans and had a small Yacht thanks to Geechie Dan Don..

"You know you are somethin Geechie! I don't get you. You live in the high falutin suburbs in a gated community , but uh...surprisingly enough, you had a half black ,half creole girlfriend that you secretly had livin in a townhouse... I am surprised...And you let a Black playa into one of your games and he took you for nearly a million dollars and took your girlfriend...Who by the way I think I've located... She's in Houston....I was almost up on her until you called me and asked me to join you here in Philly. I'm surprised you let yourself get took like that man...You're slippin." he said.
"I don't need a lesson in recent history Jaxx...I hired you because you work clean and you work efficient... If you want someone dead..You're the man to call." said Geechie Don Dan .

'' You Know this mannnnn! You want me to find  Mr. Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins and take him out." said the man named Jaxx, who didn't hide his utter disdain for Geechie Don Dan... He did however like his paydays...A cool one million dollars for each job.. He planned to travel to Europe with some fine young thing after this job was through.


"After you kill Jenkins...I want you to head to Houston and kill Lani Marcel, there is another  two million in it for you.." said Geechie.


"Well Yes suh Mr. Geechie Suh! Hahahahahahahaha" laughed Blaxx mockingly...


Geechie Dan Don despised Jaxx as much as he did Willie Sweet Dick Jenkins...but he needed his services.


  In the sub-basement in my building, headquarters of Morris Investigations..


A photo of the man met in the airport by Geechie Don Dan was placed in front of me..


"Alright...who is he?" I asked.

"His name is Anthony Black....He goes by the nickname JAXX...Said to be the most deadly hitman in New Orleans...If you need somebody dead..He's the man to do it.. He's a suspect in 22 unsolved murders. Ex-Cop, Ex P.I. " said my operative.


"Lethal cat aint he?" said Kool Kat.

"Kev, he don't leave DNA, prints, nothing, no eyewitnesses and NOPD hasn't been able to pin nothing on him.. He doesn't work cheap... Used to be a cop at one time..Then a P.I. like you Kev, until he got his license snatched from him...He's a real bad guy." said another of my operatives..


"Geechie Don Dan made 26 calls to his New Orleans Residence in the past month and he transferred a half million dollars to Jaxx's account from his account.  Mr. Black has traveled to Baton Rouge and Monroe Louisiana and then to Houston... I suspect he's been looking for Sweet Dick's lady friend. I checked ..Haven't heard of any recent murder of a woman named Lani Marcel lately so my guess is , he either hasn't found her or he was close when he was pulled  here." I said.

"Geechie figured he'd use local talent up here to take care of his business, Enter Lemond Bishop...But Mr. Bishop and his associates are all guests of the State of Pennsylvania and the federal government at the moment..So he reached out for his New Orleans connect..Mr. Anthony  Black."said Kool Kat.


"Sweet Dick is getting restless, He wants to have some drinks, hear some music and see some pretty girls..He's not our prisoner and there is no way to keep him from the big cookout/concert in the park tomorrow or if he manages to survive that...MS.PANTIES." I said.

"What you gonna do Kev?" asked Kool Kat.


"We are gonna shadow  Sweet Dick . If Jaxx makes a move..It's going to be his last move." I said somberly.


III-
Sepia and I went to Bottom of The "C". Restaurant.  I owed her a nice date night....

Chef Ralph scallion outdid himself with  Two Tasty orders of Seasoned Shrimp and Pasta.
''Enjoying yourself baby?" I asked Sepia.
"This food is delish... Ralph , you put your foot in this meal tonight!" said Sepia.

"Because I knew you would expect nothing less." laughed Ralph Scallion.

We had their collection of fine wines to top off the night.

''Don't drink too much wine... You won't have any energy left for uh "desert" laughed Sepia seductively..

"Oh I'll have more than enough energy for uh desert!" I laughed, catching her drift...

We made it home... Both of us were over the legal limit we should have been to be driving....but we made it safely.



Sepia and I were good and drunk....or buzzed at least from drinking all that wine...Lucky for us...Bonita and Robert had agreed to babysit for us...We were in no condition to pick Kimberly up...

We both walked into the bedroom and smiled sheepishly at each other...

"Hey girl..do you know what I'm thinking?" I asked..



Sepia giggled and fell into my arms...

"What you always think when you have me alone?" she said..
A lot of things." I said.


I pulled her top up and she kissed me up against the door.

"Lots of things, like what color bra or panties am I wearing and how fast you can relieve me of them." Sepia whispered in between , wet, sloppy kisses..

''Yeah something like that.." I said.


I unzippered her dress and helped her out of it...And she helped me out of my shirt, trousers and shoes..

We were giddy, just laughing and kissing each other...

We kissed some more and I eased her panties down slowly....



She eased my boxers down and we crawled into bed...Kissing and licking and fondling each other...

"Ohhhhhhhh..." I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed..

I rolled over, Sepia smiled at me and then I crawled on top of her....I pulled her close to me and took one of her breasts in my mouth, licking it softly...


She lifted herself up and gently lowered herself on my already bulging manhood....We both moaned loudly as she began moving up and down, first slowly , then next, really slow...
Outside The light of the moon was gently sifting through the window across her back as she sat astride me and confidently rode me intimately... I softly grabbed her hips and began to slowly grind inside of Sepia with every rise and fall of her...



"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby, that feeels sooooo...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned...

I arched my back a little..

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!..." I found myself moaning....


It was a little before midnight when we got started..SIX TO SEVEN HOURS of sweet,slow ,tender lovemaking went by ....both of us oblivious to everything and caught up in our passion...

Finally, neither one of us could take it any longer...I exploded with a fury and Sepia began shaking and moaning....She was climaxing too...

''Ouuuuuuuuuuu.." she said with a look of pure ecstacy on her face...She collapsed on top of me and lay there sweating for a minute before she rolled off of me and lay beside me...She was still shaking a little bit, sweating profusely too!



"Ouuuuuuuuu..I'm still cumming...." she moaned..."Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh...ouuuuuuuuuuweeee.." she said.

We both laughed and she turned towards me...

"My goodness....You just show off so much...." she said laughing and kissing me again...

We both finished our night in the shower, kissing each other like it was going out of style and Sepia fondling my raging erection until I exploded again...
"My My My....you've certainly been pretty horny lately, More than usual..." Sepia Joked...



"I have so much inspiration.."I said as we continued kissing...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuu....ohhhhh myyyyyy...." she cooed. as the hot water flowed.


IV-



At Pink's Seafood Emporium..


Pink and his girlfriend, Homicide detective Barbara Hutton were enjoying a soft,slow sensuous kiss by the front door..


"I'm going home and pack an overnite bag... I'll be back this afternoon and I'll spend the whole weekend with you.."said Homicide Detective Barbara Hutton.


"I can't wait baby..." said Pink..


"Judging by how your trousers are sticking out like a circus tent I can see....  Pink, don't make it so obvious that you're turned on...Calm yourself down...I'll be back." said Babs..


"I'll try...but it's hard..."said Pink..


"UMMMMMMM YES IT IS...WOUUUUUUU!" said Babs..


They continued kissing...



Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins sat in the back enjoying the samplers Pink had laid out...and beer...

"Ummmmmmmmm, UMMMMMPH...This is some damn good eatin." he said as Pink walked back into the room.

"That's a good gal you got there...She's a cop too huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, we been together for the past six months..." said Pink.

"You know...Mabel and Corabeth's mama was a good woman...So was Victoria's mama and so was Anita's mama.. so was my last wife...problem was...I wasn't a good man... I was out there chasin the next woman..I'm too old for that...One good woman is worth all the woman out there Pink....Nobody can have all the woman..

Donnie Ray, my boy's son found him a pretty little wife. She's an Attorney, she keeps him straight..He's as happy as a clam when he sees her..

Kevin got himself a pretty little wife....


And even hard as nails Walter found himself a beauty..... 



I think I found me a woman....


I aint been able to get her off my mind...She saved my life... She's in Houston with her people..I been wantin to call  her...I miss her so much...If I make it out of here alive, I'm goin back to Houston and get her..I swear for God Pink... Pink, you got a clean phone?" he asked.

''I keep a few burner phones around." laughed Pink tossing Sweet Dick a phone.

Sweet Dick smiled and dialed the number in Houston..... Lani answered...

"Lani baby...How you doing?" he said.. He was nearly in tears.

"Willie is that you?" she answered.. "I am so glad to hear from you...I've been so worried about you.. I'm so glad to hear that you're alright.. He's got a contract out on both of us.. Word on the street is that he hired Jaxx....He almost caught up with me in Baton Rouge.... I made it to Houston and he tracked me here...Then just like that...He pulled up... He might be there in Philly looking for you baby." said Lani.



"They both here in Philly baby...but I got good people lookin out for me.. They already know.. he bout to get his..both of em...Don't worry bout Sweet Dick baby!" he said.


''I want some more of that Sweet Dick...That's all I think about..I think about you so much..." said Lani.


"And I want to give this Sweet Dick to you baby...You just don't know.." said Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins...


I stood on the roof with Lt. Sissy Van Buren..

"It's been a long time since we stood on the roof and talked Kevin...It's good to see you... Thank you for the help you gave us in taking down Lemond Bishop and his organization...We had been on him for about six months...We got more convictions than we expected... So I checked out this guy you told me about..Anthony Black, Ex New Orleans cop...Ex P.I. reputed Hitman, suspect in 22 unsolved homicides.. Because he's an ex-cop, he knows what cops would look for.. That's why he's never been caught. You did a good job of shadowing his recent movements...New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houston and now Philly... You say he's contracted to kill your client?" said Lt. Sissy Van Buren, of the elite Criminal Investigation Division.

"Yeah, he's going to be at the big picnic tomorrow...There is no way I can keep Willie from going...I've had him holed up for a week..He's not my prisoner...I can't stop it and Jaxx and the man who is bank rolling him are counting on it.." I said.

"I'm glad you came to me.. I owe you so much...We'll all be there..We'll take care of it...and him..New Orleans is very interested in him anyway..for another murder he is alleged to have committed a month ago. " said Sissy.

 


"Thanks Sis." I said.


Standing on that roof was like old times...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






No comments: