Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It Aint Sweet Like That


New Orleans, Louisiana-

The Pasta was marinated with butter and garlic and the Shrimps were seasoned with an ingredient that Creole Bob wouldn't divulge...The food was excellent! Anita's tastebuds were tingling as she wolfed down the food. Every now and then she would catch her date, Floyd Gaskins staring at her breasts. She was all at once angry at herself for wearing such a low cut blouse. She didn't want Floyd to get the wrong idea. She didn't want Floyd to get any ideas at all. He was a nice enough guy and he was fun to be around, a good conversationalist and he didn't mind spending his money on her...but she was not feeling him. He wanted a relationship with Anita..Had wanted one for close to a year now, but all she could think about was the tall handsome basketball player she had met in Philadelphia months ago named Carlton.

She hated herself for liking him so much...He had called her twice, since she had been back, had e-mailed her once and had even texted her a few times, but that was it. She gave him her Facebook address, but she had yet to hear from him. He had acted as if he couldn't wait to get down here to see her, but had never come.

"You enjoyin yo meal Neet?" said Floyd.

"Yes, this food is very good." she said.

" I jus knows it is...I paid sixty dollars the last time I was here and we didn't have anything to drink....With the rum I had and all them Vodkas with Cranberry juices you drinkin,I believe dis
bill gon run me well ovah a hunnard dollars, but it's okay,cause I got it like that..an if I gots it like that..you know you gots it like that too, cause you rollin with me........" said Floyd.

Anita wasn't listening to him..He just went on and on and on...She could care less what he was saying. He was annoying sometimes...All his talk about how much money he had and always adding up how much everything cost and throwing it in your face..Sometimes, a lot of times she just wanted to tell Floyd to shut up. Just then her Blackberry vibrated. She looked at it...It was
him!!! Carlton.

"Uh Floyd...Floyd honey, excuse me, I have to take this call." she said as she got up and dashed
outside of the restaraunt.

"Carlton!, Where you been?" said Anita.

"Hey baby...You know I'm playin semi-pro ball now...I had a ten day contract with the Los Angelas Clippers...I was out in LA and on the road with the Clippers." said Carlton.

"What is Kobe Like?" she shouted.

"I wouldn't know. I said I was wit the Clippers, not the Lakers babe..the other LA team." He said.

"Oh, so where are you now?" she asked.

"Well, I'm in Philly....I gotta a little bit of change and I was thinkin bout comin to Louisiana to see
you." he said.

"Really?" she said, not even trying to hide the excitement in her voice. She knew and Carlton knew that she was now much different than the cool as a cucumber girl he had met on the Roadhouse trip to Baltimore last year.

"Yeah..All I thought about was you the entire time I was in LA." said Carlton.

"You did? Well you sure didn't act like it..You didn't call a sister, didn't text me, didn't say nothin..I thought you had forgot about little ole me.." she said coyly..

"Aint too much bout you little...at least not the things on you that I likes." said Carlton slyly..

"Oh yeah" she said..

"Hey Neet! Ah jus paid the bill...I sho was right, that ran me $101.47....and I left a $25.00 tip."
said Floyd Gaskins ,who had come outside to look for Anita.

"Who's that?" said Carlton, amused.

"A friend.." said Anita, uneasily.

"A friend with uh benefits.." Carlton laughed...

"No, not those benefits.." she said.

"Well, look ,I don't want to be interrupting nothin...so I'll let you go..but you uh ,hit me back and
let me know when I can come down and see you." said Carlton and he hung up.

Anita felt kind of embarrassed at Carlton knowing that she was out on a date, even if Floyd was nothing more than just a friend.

"Who was that?" asked Floyd.

"A friend" answered Anita.

"If it was a girlfriend, you woulda said Lillian or Tracy,so it must have been a guy." said Floyd with his annoying superior attitude.

"Can't fool you Sherlock, yes, it was a guy...guy I met when I was in Philly..His name is Carlton."
she said, wanting to hurt Floyd's ego.

"Philly boy huh? What he do for a livin ?" asked Floyd.

"Why?? You wanna date him? " asked Anita.

"Aww Neet, you and dat smart mouf...I likes dat mouf....come on over here and give daddy some
sugar." said Floyd.

She couldn't believe her ears...Was he trying to make a play for her?? It wasn't even sweet like that...He was trippin.. Floyd walked over to her and leaned in for a kiss, she moved her head to the side so that his lips kissed the side of her her face. He grabbed her arm and tried to turn her head towards his..

"Come on now honey, Ah done spent one hunnard an one dollahs, an forty seven cents on you tonight, plus left a twenty dollar tip....ah caint git a kiss? come on now honey, you got me as hot as a damn firecracker in a fill in station, right now.." said Floyd as her pressed Anita against the wall and began kissing and licking her breasts and kissing her up her neck...Anita was trying her best to push him off of her. She kept feeling his hot breath on her face. She felt sick on the stomach...

"Floyd,please, stop...it aint sweet like that between us..stop ,please..we just friends...I aint your girlfriend..please, don't do this.." Anita pleaded..

"All you bitches make me sick....you sucker a guy into spending money on ya, drink up all his liquor and then when it come time fo the guy to get his pay, yall want to back off..You didn't back
off when you was eatin that fine meal, drinkin all that liquor, did ya? Bitches like you make me sick." he spat..as he stormed off and walked to his car.

"Floyd....You're not going to take me home?" she asked.

"Either them panties are comin down or you better find a cab." said Floyd.

"You're an asshole." spat Anita.

"An Asshole who's out of $101.47 ....it really aint sweet like that." said Floyd as he hopped in his
2009 Nissann Z and sped off into the Louisiana night....

Anita found a cab and went home...Her father, Sweet Dick Jenkins had always told her to carry enough money to get home whenever she was out with a man. "Don't you never be at no man's
mercy..always carry you some car fare baby girl" he said.

She wondered if what Floyd Gaskins had said was partially right. She knew that she wasn't attracted to him from day one, but he had a nice car and was willing to spend his money on her, so she had went riding with him, had allowed him to pay for her drinks at the club and had agreed to go out with him to dinner, knowing that he was as annoying and corny as hell. Yet still,feeling that way, she should have never gone out with him and should have sent his drink back to him that first night. She had only been with him ,because it beat being lonely, it sounded kind of nice to have a date when many of her girlfriends didn't. Maybe she could have kissed Floyd, have given him a hand job or something...although the thought of that made her sick on her stomach...He just didn't move her like that.

But Carlton did...She wanted Carlton in the worse way..Carlton had dropped by her sister,Mabel's house in Philly just days after that trip to Baltimore...Mabel was at work and they
had kissed and made out in her small room...He had removed her top and was getting ready to remove everything when they heard the key in the door..They had to stop...That was the closest
they had come to making love...She longed for Carlton, and now he was coming to visit her...This time they would finish what they started..This time it would be sweet like that.

(To Be Continued......)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh at last a story,just what I was waiting for.

Anonymous said...

I wondered what happened to these
people...We kind of got sidetracked
with the crazy couple.

Anonymous said...

Keith, I'm so glad you continued this storyline, I was really into those two.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Anita...Thas my girl...
I hope she and Carlton Get together.

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy,another story. I love your stories. I'm glad you got back to Anita and Carlton.

Anonymous said...

Anita & Carlton seem so cute together.

Anonymous said...

Like Everyone else I'm interested in this couple. Glad you went back to them..Is there murder and mayhem involved in this story??

Anonymous said...

Good Story Keith.

Anonymous said...

Forgot All about these two, got side tracked with Willie and Lola
Mae.

Anonymous said...

I expect some hot steamy love makin
in this one.

Anonymous said...

@Grover- You sure you're not the
Anonymous poster?-lolol

Anonymous said...

Your posts on this blog are great to read,while you're in chill out mode...write on mah brotha!

Anonymous said...

Grover took the words from me...but I expect these two to get hot and heavy!

Anonymous said...

Nice story Keith,I await the next part.

Anonymous said...

Another winner Keith. I like this blog more and more everyday.

Jimmy said...

I can't wait to see where this one is going!

Looks like another interesting story Keith.