Friday, January 23, 2009

My FBI Agent


Sepia told me that she was going to drive up to the prison to see her mom today. I told Eddie to ride with her. He didn't want to, he was concerned about me. I showed him my shoulder holster and my gun and told him not to worry. My boy, Clerow was going to be with me most of the day.
That's what I thought. My doorbell rang. I looked out the window and I saw two well dressed white men. They were wearing trenchcoats and wingtip shoes and had crew cuts. They had on black shades. One guy pulled out his badge.

"Mr. Morris, could we have a minute of your time....FBI." said the shorter man. I looked at his badge closely and opened the door. Eddie and Sepia looked at them and stepped back as they walked into my house. After going over their credentials ,I was satisfied that they were who they said they were. I motioned to Eddie to start my car and I kissed Sepia and whispered to her to go on and that I'd see her when she got back.

They left and I sat down in my living room..I was pretty sure I knew what this was going to be about.. The taller agent said nothing...But the shorter agent extended his hand and shook mine
and sat down across from me.

"Mr. Morris...I'm pretty sure you think you know why we are here,
but you don't. I'm not one to beat around the bush,so I'm going to
get right to it...You and I have a problem...that problem is one ,Eric Slaughter."

"Oh yeah, how is he your problem?" I asked very non-chalantley...."He's trying to kill me and I don't know why...I don't know him and I haven't done anything to him." I said.

" Oh we know that....but somebody is knocking off his goons left and right.
Would you happen to know who that might be?" he asked.

"Nope..don't have the slightest idea." I answered.

Now the FBI agent smiled..He didn't believe me, but I don't think he cared. I certainly didn't care if he believed me or not.

"Allow me to introduce myself..I'm agent Frank Cotton, Violent Crimes Unit.
I've been trying to build a case against Eric Slaughter and his Newark operation
for years...We recently built a RICO case against forty two of his associates in
Newark for Drugs, Gambling,Prostitution and even numerous homicides...but we could never get anything on him, his brother, Angel and the "Undertaker". Then we hear your name and some ex-jock named Cock something or other on our wiretaps and the next thing we know, his brother, who was a top ten fugitive til yesterday when he met his untimely demise, Angel and The Undertaker all began winding up dead and the taxpayers were saved a lot of money." he said.

"Yeah..so what has this got to do with me?" I asked.

"Glad you asked. Kevin...The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Can I call you my friend?" he asked.

"You can call me whatever you like boss man?" I said.

"He is scared to death right now...He's got no muscle and most of his organization is gone.. nobody fears him anymore and yet he's still making calls to find somebody to kill you guys...We got enough on our wiretaps to arrest him right now and charge him with conspiracy to commit murder...two counts...I been waiting for this for ten years...you don't know how bad I want this guy." said Cotton.

"So arrest him then..do us both a favor." I said.

"That's the problem....I don't know where he is... We had an undercover man who cloned one of his cell phones...We are waiting for him to start talking again, so we can pinpoint him..We know that he is somewhere in the Northeastern part of this city. Just from the transmissions we heard last night..We also know that he's called in a big time player from out of New York named James "Have Mercy" Kersy to do you and your boy Cock Robbins. We've been wanting to get our hands on Kersy for awhile...You help me get Kersy and I'll take Eric Slaughter out of your life forever...I mean he goes down hard for 25 to life..." said Cotton.

"You want me to be a decoy?" I said.

"That's the hard part, but yes...you'll have agents all around you, I promise..
we'll give you a vest...Don't you want this mess over? Aren't you tired of looking over your shoulder?" asked Cotton.

"Cool, I'll do it." I said.

"What?, you will? " he said, astonished...He expected a big fight from me, but I was tired and weary...and I wanted this mess over.

" Kevin....I'm your new best friend pal." said Agent Cotton.

I smiled...yeah, my new best friend...a G-man with an agenda.

(To be continued ........)

18 comments:

Jimmy said...

Keith,

This story is completely off the hook, I can't wait to see what happens next.

When is the conclusion?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jimmy, this is off the damn hook, I can't wait for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

This is wild man...just wild!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Keith...This has really taken a
bizarre turn. Is this some kind of trap?

Anonymous said...

You've got some imagination boy, I tell you...but I love it though.

Anonymous said...

Love this blog, it's hot!

Anonymous said...

There is more than meets the eye here...I've got a clue, but I'm going to wait and see how this plays out.

P.S.-I figured out that "Big Nasty"
is the voice on the other end of the line...He called her Patty, Her name was Patricia Porterhouse.
Am I right?

Anonymous said...

It's gettin Good...You just tossed out all of the rules of writing a
mystery and re did it Keith..and I
aint mad at you either.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith, The Title through me, The
Story tossed me even more..Can't wait for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you Mister Keith, I just know this is leading up to one hell of a climax...can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Each installment leaves me waiting for the next one with baited breath.

Anonymous said...

I think this FBI agent is a rouge agent with his own agenda.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, you've added a new dimension to this already puzzling
story. When do we meet the enigmatic Eric Slaughter?

Anonymous said...

This is off the hook man, I don't know what to think about this, but I don't trust that Fed man, I do know that much.

Anonymous said...

That FBI man has got more up his sleeve than what he's telling. I'm sure of it. I think he's a plant.
We'll see.

SLC said...

I don't trust the Fed. Plus I wish his partner had said something. Kevin is one bold brother however.

BTW, Cotton coincidentally is a somewhat popular last name in North Jersey; especially in Paterson. You sure this is fiction? Not one to beg but please don't take off the entire weekend.

Gotta get my fix

SLC

Keith said...

You guys are all pretty close to the money on some of your suspicions..(If I was a better writer you wouldn't be...) There are two parts left to this story..
"Have Mercy" and the surprising conclusion "Last Hand" in which everything will be laid out.

@SLC- I'm not taking the weekend off, not on this story...lol

Mission4Christ Media said...

Nice fiction.

I will love to know the end of this story......

As Jimmy asked "when is the conclusion."