Saturday, January 24, 2009

Have Mercy


Agent Frank Cotton and his partner wired me for sound and they put a vest with a trauma plate
under my clothes. I put on a nice white shirt over it and my leather trenchcoat. They gave me a
black leather fedora to wear on my head that looked stylish...It was partially laced with kevlar, which made me feel good...Well, a little better. Then I drove over to Josie's Bar where I talked to
Gus. I told Gus and Honey Brown to put the word out to Eric Slaughter that I was coming for him and that I wanted to talk to him. I gave Honey a number he could reach me by. Honey knew a lot of nefarious types , so I knew that word would get back to Eric Slaughter soon.

It only took about four hours and my cell phone buzzed.. It was an "Unrestricted number"

"Hello"

" You are one dead son of a bitch nigga...you know that?" came the gravely voice.

"You must be Eric Slaughter, right?" I laughed "Sorry about your brother." I laughed again.

"Oh you think you funny nigga? You won't be laughin much longer, I promise you that.' he said.

"You know, The Undertaker and Angel thought the same thing...How are they doing?" I said
enjoying taunting such a dangerous man."

"Keep laughing ..keep runnin that mouth you little son of a bitch..you be dead soon." he snarled.

" Listen...Mr. Slaughter, I don't know you...what have I ever done to you?" I asked trying to
reason with him..

"It don't matter if you know me... you put Jean Cokely in prison for the rest of her life...
that was the only woman I ever loved...you gon pay for that nigga." he said.

"Man, you really need some joy in your life really....She had several people killed..she was
gonna kill me." I explained ,realizing how futile that sounded to him.

"I don't give a merry damn about you..." he said.

"Well Listen, I'll be at the Northeast Mall in a few minutes...I'm alone..I'll have on a
Leather Trenchcoat..Let's meet...just you and me..I'll buy you dinner, we can talk
this over...Come on ,what have you got to lose?" I said.

"Nigga ,you must think I was born yesterday..." he said.

"Well look,send a car for me then...We can meet somewhere else and talk this
thing over. I'm waiting here now..." I said.

Click!

He hung up.. Agent Cotton said to me... "We got it..We know where he was... I got agents
on their way to him now... Sit tight, "Have Mercy " is on his way...Just be kool." he said.

I walked in Boston Market and ordered a Coke... I walked outside....I was nervous...I was
a sitting duck for a cold blooded killer, again!!!!!!! It didn't take long...A tall muscular Black
man, with a bald head entered the parking lot.. He moved like a Panther...I turned around
and he was gone. I looked a third time and there he was moving in between the cars with
a silver plated .44 magnum.. He had on dark shades...Nigga please, it's night time..

He was getting ready to aim when I hurled the ice and soda at him...He dodged it and
Agent Cotton and his partner stepped out of the car and shouted-

"Freeze Kersey....FBI...You're under arrest." he screamed.

Was Kersey out of his mind?? He fired wildly at both agents who ducked down.... I had seen enough..I pulled out my pistol and fired at Kersey, hitting him under his left arm pit...He grunted....Then Agent Cotton and his partner and another agent opened fire on him...hitting him at least 14 times...He spun around and leaned up against a car, coughing and holding his chest as blood poured out of him like a siv. I had a feeling that they never intended to let him
surrender... I also had a feeling that James "have mercy" Kersey knew them and that he didn't intend on surrendering either...That just came from being Black in America and not trusting White agents on the Government.

"ughhhh,I dont believe it....
I've been shot....
I aint never been shot before..
uggggggh, it hurts...ohhhhhh,
I'm scared..I don't wanna die..have mercy,have mercy,lawd have mercy.."

Those were the last words he uttered ,because he fell to the floor and died almost immediately.
A man who had never had any mercy on any of his victims cried for mercy himself in his last minutes of life.
Police ,other FBI agents and an ambulance came and a small crowd gathered around. No one realized that one of the most ruthless killers on the FBI's ten most wanted list had just met his end. A young sandy blonde haired FBI agent ran up to Agent Cotton..He was shaking his head ........

"He called from a phone booth at a gas station...he was long gone
by the time we got there." the young agent said. Frank Cotton pounded his fist into his hand..His prize catch had gotten away. "Have Mercy" Kersey was just the boobie prize. Another hit man dead, and this psychopath still on the loose and madder than hell because I had taunted him...What a waste, I thought.

"Sorry Kevin...we missed him..The old man is one crafty bastard..
but we'll get him...He's got nowhere to go.." said Agent Cotton.

I did not feel releived...or safe, but at least I knew that Eric Slaughter was running out of time and resources. Word would get out that he'd lost another man...and his street credibility would be sinking to zero...maybe this would flush him out..I didn't know. I accepted their ride home
and I opened up a bottle of Hennesey and poured me a glass. I put on a Miles Davis CD- Sketches of Spain."

Sepia came home , followed by Eddie , who poured himself a glass of Hennesey...and sat at the
table..Sepia handed me a peice of paper.

"What is this? " I asked.

"Momma gave me this address...This is where he stays in Philadelphia...whenever he comes here..This is the best chance you have at getting at him." she said.

I looked at the address..it was nowhere near the Northeast.. It was in Chinatown ,but it was all we had. I didn't like this man and I had no more sympathy for him. I made a call on my cell phone.

"Hi ya handsome...didn't think I'd hear from you."

"I think I know where he is."

"Yeah? Where?"

"I'll tell you when I see you..meet me in front of Josie's...
fill your car with gas. Bring your .45."

"You don't have to do this. I can take care of this myself."

" I want to do this."

"Oh....okay...I'll meet you there playa. Let's do this."

Click.

I told Eddie he could go home and I called Albert to tell him that his services would no longer be needed. They protested but I insisted.. I told them to tell Gus thank you and that I would be
seeing him later. After they left, I got my riot pump shotgun and put it in the trunk of my car.

Sepia ran after me...

"Where you goin Kevin?"

"To finish this..." I said coldly.

"Kevin, no....just call the FBI, let them handle it.." she pleaded..she was crying now...

I kissed her.....

"The Feds already played their hand.....now I'm gonna go and play mine."


(Conclusion tomorrow..)

17 comments:

SLC said...

Good. Just plain good. Addictive good. Don't want it to end Good. Do a two part ending just to make it last an extra day. Still don't trust Sepia. Can't wait til you reveal the identity of the voice.

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

Anonymous said...

This blew my mind man.

Anonymous said...

Keith,you've got me on the edge of my seat!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

This was worth me sitting up and waiting for..good job.

Anonymous said...

OMG, What's next Keith?

Anonymous said...

I wish this were a movie so I could fast forward and see what happens. The suspense is killing me!

Jimmy said...

This is craziness Keith, what does Kevin think he is doing?

Can't wait for the conclusion.

Anonymous said...

Keith ,this is just plain great..can't wait to see how this ends.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww suki suki now....It's gonna get hot now....I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Anonymous said...

You are doing the damn thing over here on this one man.

Anonymous said...

You're a masterful storyteller.

Anonymous said...

Keith, you're killing me...I'm on the edge of my seat here.lolol.

Anonymous said...

They sure could use you at HBO now..This is the best thing since the Wire.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you....No other Blog keeps me in so much anticipation like this one.

Anonymous said...

Just promise me some type of sexual payoff in the last part of this.