Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nasty Peice of Business


Of course I gave a statement to the Homicide Detectives that came to my house..So did Cock Robbins. We had no idea who these gentlemen were or who killed them. I found out quick enough.

"This gentlemen here in front of your house Mr. Morris is none other than John "The undertaker" Francis. A real nasty peice of business. He's a suspect in close to twenty two contract killings. If somebody sent him at you...then you've pissed off somebody really important son." said the Black Homicide Detective in a the nice suit, trenchcoat and fedora
hat with a feather in it.

"But who? I don't do anything but go to work and come home..who would have it in for me?"
I said.

"I don't know, but somebody put out a lot of money..this guy is one of the best...Was one of the
best...Somebody ended his career. He was a stone cold killer, a psychopath...We been tryin to put him away for years...but we couldn't make anything stick. Somebody saved the taxpayers a lot of money. Whoever put four hot ones in him is alright with me." said the Detective.

"What about the white guy at my spot?" asked Cock Robbins, who was visibly shaken.

"Now him? He was another peice of work..That was Peter Grissom....better known as "The Angel of Death", another high class, high paid hitman. He's also tied to a number of murders.
You two are either the two luckiest guys in the world or the unluckiest in that you have a determined enemy who is gonna stop at nothin to get rid of you both." said the Detective.

"Well, My girlfriend and his wife are staying somewhere safe..and me and him are gonna lay
low until we get to the bottom of this." I said.

"Let us handle this guys...this is what we get paid for. If you're gonna do a powder, keep in touch. Here is my card...you hear anything, you call Philly Homicide, ya hear?" he said looking
at me.

"Sure...of course." I said as the Detective and the other policemen pulled off.

I got in Cock Robbins car and we drove over to Josie's Bar where we were met by Gus. Gus would know what to do. At least I hoped he would. I always went to him for sage advice over the years.

"Kevin, what you done got yourself into now?" said the old Bartender.

"I don't know Gus..I was hopin you'd know somethin." I said.

" Kevin...Eric Slaughter is after you...you don't know?" he said, surprised that I didn't.

"Who the hell is Eric Slaughter?" I asked...I had never heard the name before. Cock Robbins sat up...He had obviously heard of him.

"He's a nasty peice of business Kev...He's a big time gangster out of Newark.." said Cock Robbins.

"I never heard of him or those two men." I re-interated.

"Yeah " said Gus. "And them two guys he sent at you.....the best in the business. If they're after
you, you might as well get a gun and shoot yourself. Now they dead....hahahaha Kev, you sure put a scare in old Eric, he probably wonderin what to do next."

"Gus...I didn't do nothin...I don't know no Eric Slaughter, I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him in the street and I didn't kill his hitmen...I don't know who did us that favor."I said.

Gus didn't look like he believed me but he said-

"Well, he knows you and he wants you dead..both of yall...He's had people askin around about
both of you for days now...I been trying to get in contact with you to tell you to watch your back." said Gus.

"Gus, I need help..I need some muscle." I said.

"Kevin, nobody is going to help you, everybody is scared to death right now. Here's some keys ..
I got a cabin, right outside town...both of you can hole up there for a spell..maybe he'll get tired
of lookin for you and leave town." said Gus.

I took the keys...Cock looked frightened out of his mind. If this guy Slaughter spent that kind of money and hired that kind of talent...He wasn't going anywhere. I had to have time to think of how to get at him.

"Thanks Gus...but I don't think he will...but it's better if we get the hell out of here right now"
I said as Gus gave me the directions and keys and the two of us got in the car and pulled off.

(To be continued...)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot damn, we started things poppin
early on this one. You got me hooked Keith,reel me in...lol

Anonymous said...

The way I figure it, Eric Slaughter
has got to be tied to Sepia and or her mother...Who else do Cock and Kevin have in common? I'll see if I'm right.

Anonymous said...

Wow Keith...This is wild..I don't know what to think of this one.

Anonymous said...

I think we'll know more when we actually get to see Eric Slaughter.

Anonymous said...

This is something..We've got a mysterious mastermind who has a grudge against the protaganist..only he doesn't know why or know the guy...Now there is a twist.. Plus, who was Kevin's guardian angel? The person who gunned down the two hitmen??

Anonymous said...

Another Peice to the puzzle Keith?
I can't wait to see how this unravels.

Anonymous said...

This is both perplexing and fascinating.

Anonymous said...

You still keep it very entertaining on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Keith, I think this Slaughter guy is working for Sepia's Mother..That's the only conclusion I can come to...but then there is the mystery of the money..If she's in prison serving life..she wouldn't have any money..So who is financing this operation.

Anonymous said...

Keith, I think it's the mother...It's gotta be..because it's Kevin ,who sent her to prison and Cock who was her lover and her daughter's lover, who betrayed them both and made her engineer those murders in the first place.
That's got to be it.

Anonymous said...

You got me spinnin on this one fam..It seems so obvious..yet,I know you don't write like that...There is some kind of curve here , a reason why we know who is behind this and a reason why the two players who were supposed to do the job are both dead..I'll just wait for you to reveal a little more.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had this one figured out Keith, but I think there is way more to this than what meets the eye. I'll wait for you to reveal the rest.

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose there is going to be any sex in this is there? Just asking.

Anonymous said...

This one has really thrown me for a loop...We know the name of the cheif villian, but haven't seen him and have no reason what his motive is and the two guys he sent to kill the hero are killed in the first installment...This is all backwards Keith..and so different from the way most dramas are put together...I love this..Love the way your mind is so out of the box.
Keep up the good work.

SLC said...

Sepia and her mother are from Newark. Her mother's in jail. If her mother's involved, is she protecting Kevin or Sepia? Probably Sepia, who may have went back to that weapon of mass destruction for some sex, so the momma's protecting both men to protect her daughter. But somewhere in the 1st Sepia story (The Blogger) may be a clue.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

SLC

Anonymous said...

dammit...who killed them....I hate the ending to the stories....I have wait for the update.

well actually I love the anticipation....hahaha

how are you sweets??

UrbanPer$pectiV BLOG : said...

Bro... this is REALLY GOOD..u just gained a new fan