Friday, January 30, 2009

Three Way Split


I walked into the Barber Shop and there he was..Chris Thompson...getting his hair cut..The barber was just finishing him up. If you looked at Chris , you would never guess that he was actually a millionaire many times over. He didn't wear any jewelry, usually had on a sweat suit and sneakers..looked about as normal as any brother walking down a Philadelphia street. You also didn't know that he was a major narcotics trafficker either. Yet Chris was both of these things. He looked up when he saw me and flashed his kilowat smile-

"Chess..my man...whut up? whut up baby?" he laughed.

"What's happenin Chris?" I said.

"Chess...I know you don't come around me unless you need a favor, so
what is it? You finnally come to your senses and you want me to put
you on ,right?" he laughed.

"Come on Chris..you know I aint cut out for your business...but I am here cause
I need a favor." I said.

"You need some money? , You lean...??" he asked.

Chris would've given me money if I asked..We were kool like that..Only, I would never ask and he knew it. When my Dad was sick and dying of cancer....Chris sent money to pay all of his expenses by way of several other people...so it wouldn't look like it was him...He knew that I would have never excepted it had I of known. I wanted no part of his business and he understood that....Outside of what he did for a living, we still managed to be friends.

"No...I need you to give a guy I know, who owes you money time to pay you back." I said.

"Who is the guy?" He asked.

"Billy Ray..." I said.

"Billy Ray Jones?? That nigga owe me $50 G's man." said Chris.

"He told me it was twenty." I said.

"He messed up two of my packages man....He's about to be talkin to God soon, you know
what I mean?" said Chris.

"Look Chris..give him a few more days and he'll have your money..I'll see to it." I said.

"Oh you gonna see to it huh? That aint you Chess, you aint a playa...and what's
in this for you..He owe you money too?" said Chris.

"No. I'd just appreciate it if you'd give him some time." I said.

"He got three days...I'm only doin this cause you askin and you my boy...
but if he aint got my cash in three days..he's gonna miss Christmas..
believe that good brother." said Chris..

"Thanks Chris." I said as we embraced and I walked out to my car.


Three nights later, I rented a Black 2009 Ford 5000 and drove Billy Ray and his partner,
Little Ricky Waters to an old Warehouse in Germantown.

"Kill the lights Chess and just sit here and keep the motor running." said Billy Ray.

"You sure you want to do this ? These are heavy hitters.." I cautioned.

"Man Chess, you worry too much..I got this..The security is lax...We gonna hit these boys
so hard and so fast they heads is gonna spin." said Billy Ray.

Indian Joe was a major player who ran a floating Crap game that moved from place to place. All of the big time players took part in his card came and the pot was as high as $1.000.000.00 at some times. The location of each card game was usually a secret known only to the players themselves and Indian Joe moved from warehouse to warehouse or house to house. He had never been intercepted by the police and had never been stuck up. A talkative woman who had slept with one of the players had told Billy Ray about the location of tonight's card game.

Billy Ray had a shotgun and Little Ricky Waters had a .357 Magnum. I was parked a block away
with the lights off.. They were joined by a third man. The third man who met us there was a guy
Billy Ray had jailed with named "Half Nut"...I didn't ask and I didn't care to know what his nickname entailed.

From what I would hear later, here is what happened... Half Nut , carrying a little .38 snubnosed
revolver got the drop on the guy at the door...while Billy Ray and Little Ricky Waters stormed up the steps and took down the party...

"Give it up brothers, you know what time it is ." said Billy Ray to the stunned crowd of players.
He and Little Ricky Waters were wearing masks, but one guy kept staring at him.

"Hey man, you look familiar, don't I know you?" he asked...

Billy Ray shot him in the foot...

"That's for knowin so much.." he said.

Indian Joe looked at him hardly-

"Don't you touch my money.....you got a chance to back yo ass out of here and stay alive..."
he said.

"Nah Joe...That aint your money..money aint got owners..just spenders." laughed Billy Ray as he and Little Ricky Waters scooped up the cash and put it in a big bag.

"Nice doin business wit'cha partners.." said Billy Ray....

"You're a dead man, you hear me son.." said Indian Joe.

"Mista Chris Thompson of West Philly sends his regards." said Billy Ray as he exited.. Why would he drop Chris's name like that? Was he crazy???

From the time they backed out..things went wrong...One guy, Onion Thomas, pulled out his peice and fired once..The shot hit Little Ricky Waters in the back of the head and killed him instantly... Upon Seeing this, Billy Ray was so frightened...He grabbed the money and dropped his shot gun!!!!!! Now it was open season...Every gangster in the joint pulled out a gun and began
opening fire...Billy Ray ran past One Nut and said- "Come on man, let's go..they killed Little Ricky."

Didn't have to tell One Nut twice..He was fast on Billy Ray's heels...Another gangster,Pistol Packin Pete, let fly with a volley of shots and One Nut fell to the ground...as dead as dead could be....but Billy Ray got away and ran to my car...

"Chess, Chess..back this thing up and let's get the hell out of here." he screamed.

I did as I was told and tore down Germantown Avenue at top speed, turning at Johnson Street
and speeding to Lincoln Drive...I whizzed through the drive and on to City Line Avenue and back
to my West Philly digs, where I hardly ever stayed, now that I was involved with his sister.

When we got to my place...Billy Ray told me everything that happened.

"Why you drop Chris's name like that...that was crazy?" I said.

"I don't know Chess..I was in the moment baby...It don't matter, Indian Joe aint gonna step to
Chris with no nonsense...he'll be deader than a doorknob if he do. Oh ,man that was a crazy
scene back there...they killed Rick and Nutt....my homeboys...I can't believe it...you got anything to drink in this bitch?" He said.

"Yeah, there's some Vodka and some Henny over there..take your pick" I said.

"Look here Chess..Take this...you was a real stand up guy tonight." he said.

He handed me Fifty thousand dollars .

"Here is the Fifty thousand that I owe Chris...and I got another 50G's for myself....Baby, we hit
the jackpot tonight....You know what?? I'm gon get out of this crime business Chess..I'm gon bank this and get me a straight job like you man..No more slinging drugs..This just bought me my freedom....When you and my sister gettin married?" he asked as he lit a cigarette and poured himself a glass of Grey Goose.

"Next month..after we graduate." I said

"That's kool, that's real cool Chess." He laughed as we sat there in my barren apartment amongst all that money.


(To Be Continued....)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was full of action...I know there are going to be some serious repercussions because of this..I can just see it.

Anonymous said...

I'm first on this post too, Wow,
must be my lucky day.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this story Keith..Can't wait til the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Great Story Keith,Lots of Action and funny as hell in parts too.

Anonymous said...

This hero doesn't seem as morally certain as Kevin, yet I like Chess
in his own way.

Anonymous said...

Love this Story Keith and Love this new charactor Chess too!

Anonymous said...

Chess is your best charactor to date Keith..Can't wait to read more about him.

Anonymous said...

Such interesting charactors, Chess,
Billy Ray and Chris Thompson...I just have to read the next installment of this storyline.

Anonymous said...

Me Likey!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Chess and Chris....I think Billy Ray is doomed at this
point.

Anonymous said...

Chess is the man...Chris Thompson sounds kind of sexy and swaggalicious too!-lololol

Anonymous said...

Great and fast storytelling..You packed so much into one installment,
I can't wait to see what's next.

Anonymous said...

Chess and Chris are playas..Billy Ray is a straight fool-lolololol,but I like them all.

Anonymous said...

I like this story despite the fact that I don't see any chance of there being a sexual payoff in this.