Monday, August 17, 2009

Prolouge to a Kill


2:34am!

'All the single ladies..all the single ladies..all the single ladies...all the single ladies."

"Jordy! Jordy wake up baby...your cell phone is ringing."

"Oh...uh....okay...pass it to me? Who is calling me at two thirty in the morning? uhhhh...Hello?
Hello?"

"Jordy...Jordy...this is Freda...I know it's been a long time...but I need your help..I'm in big trouble babe."

"Freda? You're calling me now? NOW? You don't speak to me for close to a year, you stop answering my e-mails and my texts and you treat me like I got swine flu and NOW YOU CALL me after all this time?"

"I know...I know....but it's just that...you know...we were supposed to be friends..I looked at you as my big brother and then you started catching feelings..acting like you wanted to be my man and what not.."

"Okay, so we past all that..I'm hanging up now."

"No..No Jordy don't hang up...my life is in danger, you've got to help me please."

"Why don't you call your boyfriend Loveman Jones to help you?"

"Loveman is dead Jordy."

"Oh so that's why you called me?"

"Jordy, I think I saw who killed him and he knows I saw him.."

"So what you callin me for? Call the cops?"

"Jordy it was Lockjohn!"

"Lockjohn???? He out of jail???"

"Yeah apparently.....and back to doin what he do best, killin people. Loverman Jones was trying to make a move on Papa Doc's territory in South Philly and Papa put a contract out on him."

"Papa Doc is dead...I read in the paper that he got shot two weeks ago and that whole crew of his in jail now...you got nothin to worry about."

"They may be gone, but not before Lockjohn murdered Loverman Jones and collected his money."

"So they all gone....what are you calling me for?"

"Jordy, I saw him kill Loverman Jones...You know he don't leave no witnesses behind...He's going to kill me..please help me....aint you tight with Chris Thompson?"

"Chris aint in the game no more...Fathead Newton runs things in the West and the Southwest."

"You think Fathead will protect me?"

"From Lockjohn?? Forget it.....Man....They sent a crew of seasoned hitmen after Lockjohn and every one of em was dead in two weeks. If Lockjohn was after me, I'd get a gun and shoot myself."

"Please help me..hide me from him..."

"Girl you crazy...I don't want to run afoul of Lockjohn..."

"Jordy, if you ever loved me..if you ever meant anything that you said to me, you'd help me
in some kind of way..please..please...please..I'm so scared."


"Alright, alright...I think I know one guy who might be able to help you and get Lockjohn out of
all of our lives."

"Who? His name is Kevin...Kevin Morris."

"Is he connected?"

"Nah, he aint like that..He is a writer and a blogger and a part time P.I. He specializes in helping
people.."

"Baby,I need a heavy hitter..he aint the man for this kind of job."

"Beggars can't be choicy little lady..now tell me where you are and I'll pick you up."

"okay.."

"Jordy..who is that on the phone?"

"An old friend baby...she needs my help."

"Needs your help? I'm out of here..after I gave you my good lovin, you bout to raise up and go
help some chick....I don't believe this!!!"


"Wait a minute baby....wait a minute...it aint like that..it aint like that.....!!!"


SLAM!


"Damn!"


(To Be Continued......)

17 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Oh..What do we have here Keith?

Angie B. said...

This looks good...You know how to get someone hooked.

Sunflower said...

More violence and mayhem is coming to the streets of Philadelphia, eh Keith?

James Perkins said...

This "Lockjohn" fellow sounds like a nasty peice of Business..Can't wait to read the rest.

Simon Bastion said...

I remember Jordy..He was in a "Kevin" story a while back..Is this one of his stories?

Grover Tha Playboy said...

"Loverman Jones" , "Papa Doc", "Lockjohn" , damn man you sure can come up with some names for your charactors.

Sean said...

What an imagination you have..What
colorful charactors.

Cheryl said...

This Lockjohn fellow sounds like he's a cold blooded killer in the first degree.

Brenda said...

Lockjohn....I'm going to remember this name...Sounds like an interesting caper.

Lisa said...

Jordy! I remember him..from one of Kevin's earlier capers..A playa!
This sounds like it's going to be something.

Halo said...

This sounds like it's going to be a good one..Can't wait to see how this one develops.

Vanessa said...

Okay...What is the deal on this
Lockjohn charactor?? He sounds frightening and different!

Captain Jack said...

@lolol at Grover- I agree, you sure can come up with some colorful names and charactors.

Tate2 said...

I love this...I love where this looks like it's going!

Swaggie said...

Good one Keith..Nice lead in.

Jazzy said...

Great Lead in...You would make a great TV writer.

Anonymous II said...

This is a great way to tell a story
Keith, through conversation...Interesting and unique. Can't wait to see where this one is headed.